Why berlin don't have great teams, if is capital and largest city in Germany?

why berlin don't have great teams, if is capital and largest city in Germany?

Attached: 1.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

galatasaray is pretty good

Communism

based

Communism.

Have sex

They don't have time to train in between their three daily mandatory Holocaust™ Memorial visits.

Berlin is an industrial shithole that no healthy human wants to be in.

But gommie countries gave advantages to teams in the capital, why didn't the same happen to Union Berlin?

Reunification has saboted the biggest one of Berlin, the BFC Dynamo

Is it true that Berlin's population still haven't reached its pre-ww2 numbers?

saw it on reddit today

>why berlin don't have great teams, if is capital and largest city in Germany?
The same reason Rome doesn't. Germany is a pretty 'regional' place and has never had that one central city like London for the British or Paris for the French.

Most capitals have shit teams compared to rest of their country.

>London
>Berlin
>Stockholm
>Rome
>Edinburgh
>Paris
>Washington DC
>Brasilia
>Canberra

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 48K)

>Paris
>Madrid

>>London
Are you retarded?

>Ankara

Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs have a long way to go to get anywhere close to United and Liverpool kardes

Also forgot to mention Ankara.

Attached: 1405284440588.jpg (290x350, 29K)

In case someone thinks he's joking, that's the actual reason.

Attached: 4sPNmLR.jpg (2000x2371, 532K)

it's a city for hipster faggots

>Canberra
Were the goat rugby league club late 80's to mid 90's. They won the premiership in '89, '90, '94 and were in the grand final in '91. But all time they're still a fair way behind a few other clubs, but it's hard to say really because Canberra only joined the competition in '82.

Brasilia is a city built in the 60s, in the middle of nowhere. Despite the city itself having a large population, it doesn't have any other close cities with decent teams. Here in Brazil State championships are important, specially for teams that not yet reached national relevance, and Brasilia is isolated, their clubs doesnt have a "ladder" to climb, they would have to instantly become a top tier team

Some of those have good teams, some don't. This is just because in the west, the location of a team isn't a factor in how successful how the team is so there is no correlation between the two. Rather success comes from how the club is run which should be judged on a club per club basis. In Eastern Europe, the clubs from the capital tend to be stronger since the government actively favoured them when they were gommies

I thought München was the biggest city...

Munich is the capital of Bavaria

unironically pic related

munich isn't even second largest city

>madrid
>3 CL since 2016

>london
>3 of 4 teams in european finals are from london

>united

Attached: germany without berlin.jpg (960x684, 264K)

Except Lazio and AS Roma are far better and well known than Hertha or Dynamo

That doesn't mean they're successful, they just have more fans.
Rome is a more popular city than Berlin. The reasons why are obvious to anyone who's visited both.

You should pick a new capital desu.

Dusseldorf is the largest metro area in Germany

capitals are irrelevant. They're just places to put government stuff.
If your country does have more than one world-renowned population-center of economy, culture, academics, outside of your country's capital city, etc. it's probably not that important.

So Berlin is poor, but what is Hamburg and Frankfurt's excuse?

Karl Marx-Stadt should be the new capital

Rhine-Ruhr is a conurbation. Cologne is biggest city of megalopolis.

>Hamburg and Frankfurt's excuse?
the 50+1 rule. It makes it very difficult for an oil sheik or petro-oligarch to swoop in, buy a club and instantly transform it into a contender.

In Germany, you can create a fake club like RB Leipzig, but you can't do that with established clubs that already have large memberships.

Attached: 24693244.jpg (400x400, 119K)

Leftist shithole where under performance gets ignored or rewarded.

Hamburg was one of the greatest teams until like 10 years ago. From the 60s to the late 80s, they were among the best clubs in the world and had class players like Uwe Seeler or Kevin Keegan. Then, they went to absolute shit and are now pretty much dead. Shit management destroyed them, it's probably the most chaotic club in the world. In the North of Germany, almost everyone is a HSV fan.

And yes, the 50+1 rule limits the Bundesliga's potential considerably. It has its worth, that's undeniable, but there would be more successful German teams in the long term if it was abolished.

Cringe hue commie

Berlin had a population of almost 5,000,000 in 1940 and it was growing rapidly. Many people considered it the most modern and booming city in the world. After WW2, the city got divided and lost many inhabitants. Right now, they're at 3,800,000 and the growth rates are high, but it's ugly and full of niggers, turks and hippies with the occasional neonazi here and there. In Berlin, nothing works and nothing is finished on time.

>but there would be more successful German teams in the long term if it was abolished.
Is success worth selling out, though?

For whatever it's worth, the Bayern Muenchen members can point to their successes and say that they contributed in some small way, as opposed to Man City fans who are aware that all their recent success is due entirely because some rich Arab wanted to have a team to pit against his cousins' teams when they were all playing Champions League against each other.

I'm glad we still have such low ticket prices, many English fans come here to watch games because buying two flights, a hotel and the tickets to a Bundesliga match is still not as expensive as tickets to a Premier League match. And I would hate it if all clubs were owned by Russian/Chinese/Arab billionaires who shit on the teams history and drop them if they felt like it. But I also would love to see some more titles for German teams, especially next to Bayern. Only 3 German teams have won the CL.

All in all, I'm glad we have it. But we must find another way to gain in strength. It can't be Spanish/English teams forever. I think the Bundesliga is still the 3rd best league, but the gap to England and Spain is pretty big. Considering the 50+1 rule, >we're doing fine, probably. But right now, it kinda looks like it'll get worse in the future.

The kids there dream of becoming rappers and drug dealers, not football players.

>Hamburg
Literally JUST fuck my shit up the club.Have become total chockers and their management have brain damage.

the last 3 on your list are artificial cities, designated as centers of federal-level government before their modern settlement. they really can't be held to the same standards as historical population centers.

and my redskins have 3 superbowls so go fuck your own face you swedish powerbottom.

For me, it’s Hansa Rostock.

>more teams in the Bundesliga than any other city

have passionate consensual intercourse

I want to make vfl Bochum the best team in west of Germany but the 50+1 rule pretty much kills it

lol