And so I die triumphantly, knowing Burnt Fart and Erin Rodgers will never have as many rings as me

And so I die triumphantly, knowing Burnt Fart and Erin Rodgers will never have as many rings as me.

Attached: igm858.jpg (766x800, 148K)

There were like 14 teams in the league back then.

so less dilution of talent?

That and NFL playbooks in the 60s had like 12 plays in them, mostly running ones.

both are gay

>three of those rings were pre-Super Bowl

>implying Erin wouldn't ragequit the 1st time some big black no holds barred lineman from the 60s hit him

I'm sure Princess Tommy would also quit if he had to take the kind of beating that 60s QBs did.

but 60s linemen were a lot smaller than today's

>Brady

>not as tough as fucking nails

You also had nothing close to today's sports medicine if you got injured.

it's *Errant Rodgers

Rodgers still could in theory

Plus no playoffs or free agency, so the same roster stayed together for years. Starr had the same group of players for all five of those Packers title runs.

>pacuck bandwagoner brain immediately goes to brady and not one of his division rivals
That sheer qb envy, it's delicious

It's better to win one legitimate ring than six rings by cheating.

Wait, didn't that 2010 Pacqueers team play when there was no salary cap in effect so they could buy unlimited backups to replace all their injured players?

Erin vs Brady used to be at least a conversation despite the ring disparity, but Erin's sharpness(especially mentally) has slipped considerably at an age where he should be peaking, while Brady has won three more rings past an age where most QBs have retired already desu

Man, you know the reason they tightened up the rules for hitting QBs was because the Clots and Pee-Pee Manning were getting mugged by the Patriots' defensive backs in the 03 playoffs so they went to the league and cried how unfair it was.

making Brady the final SB winning QB of the boomer era

Rodgers isn't to blame. The guy just doesn't have the talent around him or an evil genius coach who's watched 1 million hours of film and is a walking football encyclopedia. Instead he's had Mike McCarthy, who is a typical workaday coach that had one style of play that worked for a while until everyone figured it out.

it is actually his own fault that he doesn't have the talent around him because he hogged up the cap space

He's not completely to blame, but he sure isn't a leader like Brady who makes his team play better either. Can you imagine Brady ever going 6-9-1?

>le throw the ball away on every big possession and miss wrs by ten yards all game in the playoffs man isn't to blame
Whatever helps you sleep at night

>but Erin's sharpness(especially mentally) has slipped considerably at an age where he should be peaking

Stupid question, but Rodgers has gotten at least three concussions in his career-twice in '10 and once last season. Do you think that could be affecting his mental skills?

this. prior to like the mid 90s if you tore your acl they put you into a full leg cast for like 12 months

the only team that actually went over the cap was the cowboys.

I don't think Brady has ever been shut out at home or lost to the Lions either.

I checked. The Pats have been shut out just once with Brady, and that was in Miami in 06, so division opponent's home field.

this bills just shutout the patriots in 2016

He lost the lions just the past year but it was during the pats extended pre-season when they fuck around and don't give other teams tape on them for the first half of the season

The idea of a 40-something QB winning a ring was also patently ridiculous back then. By your late 30s, your body was a shambles and you were done.

Thanks for admitting you're new to football and you just quickly search Google for last pats shutout. Brady was suspended for that game and didn't play. You can stop pretending your opinions are relevant now and let people who actually know football talk.

There we go. @ Miami in 06 was the only time they've ever been shut out with Brady under center and prior to that Bills game, the last home shutout was in 1993.

ok zoomer. lets see your high school stats

Remember when they were all like oh no, there's no salary cap so nothing is going to stop Jerry Jones from buying a ring.

*cough*6-10*cough*

>get a concussion and they just give you some smelling salts and throw you back out onto the field
>eat a steak and eggs diet and smoke like a chimney
>not much fitness training since they used to think weight lifting would make athletes muscled and lose their agility (Joe Namath once said the Jets' training room had one pair of barbells in it).

Miami is literally the only place where brady struggles its uncanny

The Bills shut them out on the 03 opener and Brady was definitely playing in that one.

Not only were QBs less protected, there was basically zero protection for WRs as well. DBs used to literally take a guy's head off if he came across the middle.

John Elway took three completely trash teams to the Super Bowl all by his lonely. Rodgers hasn't proven he can do that.

>John Elway took three completely trash teams to the Super Bowl all by his lonely
On top of the less sophisticated sports medicine and much greater physicality of the game back then.

He learned a lot from Favre during those first three seasons on the bench, unfortunately a lot of what he learned wasn't very good.