A p o l o g i z e

Attached: 1532868236293462394293 Toronto Skyline.jpg (772x453, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/AlexForgay/status/1132488064113291264
twitter.com/blogTO/status/1132507069251293185
youtu.be/zdyR9sa7DYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Congrats Canadian New York!

Attached: aishwarya rai .gif (500x260, 962K)

I think you're giving T.O. too much credit. New York is like, a top 5 city in the world. Toronto might be top 10-20. I say that as someone who likes Toronto.

By what measure? Toronto is #7 in the global financial centres index (though New York is #1). But they're consistently not even ranked for livability whereas we always do well.

Toronto seems pretty exciting as a tourist

It's been gentrified to hell

The Warriors send their regards.

Attached: Beautifultoronto.jpg (950x526, 63K)

I've always wanted to walk down Yonge Street from the lake front to North York. Is it vibrant and urban the whole way or are all those highrises just condos?

Really, what part of it seems exciting?

South of Bloor it's 'vibrant' and 'urban' though I dont like it that much because there's too many people and it's dirty.

North of Bloor it gets quite nice, then drops off and has basically nothing for a little while, then a second 'core' emerges that's mostly condos but has some interesting places and some of the best restaurants in the city

what about toronto seems exciting? its a btec NYC and just as dirty

i often walk down strachan from the Ex and walk along lakeshore to ontario place, it's a pretty comfy walk

The part where the Toronto native leaves to America then makes cringy posts about how his old shithole is "like, so great man u dont kno"

The first stretch of it from the lake front to Queen street is the financial district, nice and clean. Then it gets "vibrant and urban" from Queen street to Bloor street, although that stretch is being gentrified quickly by chinks. Then from north of Bloor street onwards it's lily white and beautiful.

IN 6
BY 6
IN THE 6

Cleaner NYC with nicer people and just as good of a food scene. Plus the film festival is dope

meant for

We did it niggers.
My raptie has silenced the hate (from niggers)

New York has a film festival too, New York is so densely packed with things to do that you could spend a year there and not even be aware of most of them, whereas Toronto is pretty sparse in comparison so when they have an event like the film festival it takes over all of downtown.

HOLY SHIT MY PREDICTION WAS RIGHT

Toronto is more dense than most cities in the United States though, plus the high rise condos you see there is something you generally don't see in the US.

It just seems like it would be hard to be bored there

queen street is hipsterville now, especially near trinity bellwoods

lots of good food though

I've been there twice. It's really not.

don't hate bro, we love your country too, and especially nyc

Attached: CanadaUSAbros.jpg (720x450, 797K)

>chinks
leave that shit for the burgers, brother; you're better than that

Montreal seems more like the tourist trap city in Canada. I don't hear much about Toronto aside from its cleanliness and diversity

Toronto is a nice city to go to if you're going there for some reason but it's not a city you should go to specifically as a tourist.

Outside of New York and maybe LA, I would think Toronto has more to do than any American city. There's a reason why foreigners visit there so much

Pretty dull city. There isn't anything you can get from Toronto that you can get from any other international hub.

You're joking, huh

you'd be an idiot to claimed you're bored in Toronto, but New York is the world's greatest city and Toronto doesn't compete with it. But that's fine. Gives us something to aspire to, in the best way.

Attached: Toronto Canada Royal Ontario Museum Daniel Lebiskind .jpg (2424x1611, 2.78M)

>queen street is hipsterville now
it was hipster in the 80's, bud
and hell yes, great food for sure

>cleaner city

>nicer people

not saying a whole lot there famalam

T. Jew Yorker

1. NYC

2. LA/Toronto
3. Chicago

>New York is the world's greatest city
What a fucking meme. Yeah it's "great" in terms of economic activity but the quality of life is shit. Unless you're immensely rich or you're really into theater it's not a great place to be at all.
t. Live in New York

it was hipster then too, but it was poor hipster

now it's boutique hipster, I see the word 'bespoke' now on stores when I walk my dog there

I'd say LA is still above Toronto, mainly because of the size and efonomy, not necessarily standard of living. It's probably better to be filthy rich there, though

ITT: Torontonian fragility

Isn't toronto more similarly sized to cities like Dallas/houston/miami than new york/LA/Shitcago?

This is a good thing since it actively drives out poor criminal elements and brings in high-income white people

The problem with LA as a tourist destination is everything is soooo spread out, u need to drive a lot and then ofc there's a ridiculous amount of traffic due to that.

No, it's more expensive and more "big city" than those. Closest comparison is Chicago, but way less dangerous

I'm no expert on the place, but the purchasing power of the US dollar is much higher than that of a leafbuck, and you guys have much lower taxes too. I'm sure rent is very high in NYC but it is in Toronto too.

yeah, it's only about 6 million people in the GTA (keep in mind the entire population of Canada is less than California alone, at about 37 million). Considering even the New York metropolitan area has more than double the population at about 20 million people, I would say they're seperate leagues of city.

That said, downtown Toronto is basically downtown New York but less smelly and more passive aggressive

>high-income white people
No, high-income Chinese people. High-income whites from other countries have no incentive to move to Canada, meanwhile rich Chinese use Toronto and Vancouver real estate to hide their money from their government.

Attached: o2ak6z6hy5wz.png (1148x1248, 1.43M)

That looks fucking horrendous.

it really does. at least the front was untouched. this is just the side

ITS ART BRO, YOU JUST DON'T GET IT

it's pretty much universally reviled here

the good news is that the other 3 corners of the Royal Ontario Museum are unscathed

this

Three biggest shitholes in North America 2bh
t. been almost everywhere on this continent

leave it to chinese cartoon enthusiasts to understand architecture

>YOU JUST DON'T GET IT
imagine if someone had called this out beforehand lmao wouldn't that be crazy

Toronto literally has no good modern architecture. Every glass building is hideous.

Tor*nto is a gentrified culture-less hellhole

Don’t mind me just posting a real city

Attached: 94A0FCB9-8A83-4272-AB03-6E2D935B5924.jpg (750x501, 527K)

what is the td centre by mies van de rohe

try harder kiddo

we'll be getting prettier buildings

Attached: 1555093666225.jpg (1400x1680, 631K)

Tor*nto just can’t compete

Attached: A55E827F-5081-4803-BA17-F7F45E93899D.jpg (1200x630, 265K)

Bases

Yonge Street is crowded and infuriating and I try to avoid it at all cost.

based

this kind of reminds me of that one they're building in calgary but way uglier. calgary has nicer buildings than you do

mobile.twitter.com/AlexForgay/status/1132488064113291264
twitter.com/blogTO/status/1132507069251293185
Dundas Square looks pretty lit. Is that like Time s Square?

>Toronto
>top 10-20 city in the WORLD

dont play yourself

it is far from Toronto's most modern, most contemporary architecture

Attached: MAC31_TORONTO-ARCHITECTURE_POST07.jpg (822x499, 227K)

dundas square is where all the absolute shittiest people in the city, including homeless and drug addicts and disgusting natives and buskers congregate to make the area as terrible as possible

Is it always this neon'd out? Or is it just tonight?

it's all neon'd out, yes

It's always like that, it's a cheap imitation of Times Square, with all the shittiness and less than half the glamour

Taxes in NYC are awful. Cali, too. Taxes are only good in the places no one wants to live:
Florida
Alaska
Nevada
Texas (based people and museums tho)
South Dakota

Attached: Nasher Dallas.jpg (1170x530, 131K)

Montreal is a sexy city (though not the architecture, as this shows)

Do they do some cheesy New Year's Celebration there too?

Canadians also seem pretty mellow so I've heard Toronto comparisons to LA and SF as well

>no one wants to live in Texas or Florida

I doubt that, those are huge states

old Montreal, back from when it was more important than Toronto, has neat architecture

Attached: verdun.jpg (1200x800, 310K)

Pretty sure they do

Toronto fag here.

This city deserves nothing less than cascade of a nukes right down Yonge street. This is the most degenerate multicultural globalist shithole that is entirely dedicated to mass importing third worlders and Asian capital while the local white young people cannot even buy starter homes let alone afford to have 2.1 children.

Attached: 1555103060767.jpg (743x930, 216K)

>twitter.com/blogTO/status/1132507069251293185
I counted about three white guys

Toronto is ok but fuck the Leafs, fucking $200+ for nosebleed seats and they aren't even a great team.

It really isn't, I live here.

>Boring dive bars

>Clubs have been tossed in favor of condo developments

>condos, lots of condos

nightlife has gone to shit past 15 years.

yeah it's a basketball celebration dum dum

So move elsewhere.
Why do Millennials think they have a right to start at the top and live in Beverly Hills and Vancouver?

Attached: View Dunbar-Point Grey Vancouver.jpg (542x363, 169K)

>Beverly Hills and Vancouver
That's the point, a city like Vancouver shouldn't be remotely equatable to Beverly Hills.

>>Boring dive bars
is there something like an exciting dive bar? that sounds horrible. the whole thing about a dive bar is it's low key

Vancouver and Toronto are not world class.

China has fucked the real estate market because they money launder via our real estate (condos). There is no fucking way property here should cost as much as it does.

Because I was born in raised in Vancouver. Finally, just got a job that will give me financial security

>>Clubs have been tossed in favor of condo developments

Where are all of the clubs Drake frequents when he's in town?

Stage sets. It's all fake.

There are some but it's nothing like it was even a decade ago.

Everything is condo developments now. Everything.

Vancouver:
>full of rich Canadians, Americans, and Chinese
Beverly Hills:
>full of rich Canadians, Americans, and Persians

Vancouver:
>beautiful, relaxing, low-crime, pretty landscaping, and lots of rain
Beverly Hills:
>beautiful, relaxing, low-crime, pretty landscaping, and lots of sun

Vancouver:
>major industry: film & TV
Beverly Hills:
>major industry: film & TV

Attached: vancouver kits beach volleyball.jpg (800x533, 362K)

>dive bar is low key
Yes dive bars are low key, and you need to try your best to keep the amazing ones even more low key. That's why you don't even know about an exciting dive bar. Too bad like said, the chinkondo market had driven them away with wads of cash.

>got a new job last week
> my new manager and a couple of guys are bandwagon raptors fans
>talk about raptors non stop whenever they had a game last week
>joined the convo and also faked supporting the raptors but in reality I didn't really care who won between the Raptors and Milwaukee since my team is golden state.
>now I have to pretend at work that I support the raptors, and act all cheerful whenever the win against GSW, or act depressed when they lose against GSW

Works gonna be fucked. I'm not even a good actor, and if my manager sees through my bullshit then I'm fucked like the bucks. Lowkey wish Milwaukee won so I wouldn't be in this situation, and have to supress my true emotions at work..

>muh birthright

ok sire here is your new estate

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 10.54.07 PM.png (773x238, 232K)

Yeah Toronto didn't seem the type of city that shuts down at 2 AM, but I'm guessing that public transit closes down early out there.

youtu.be/zdyR9sa7DYk

I posted this yesterday in another thread, but its interesting how North York tried to develop another core except all the neighborhoods around it are single family, suburban style homes.

City would be so much better if there wasn't such emphasis on condo buildings.

Yes, big demand, but it displaces all the stuff that makes a city interesting.

are you me? the only difference is that I didn't fake being a fan, I just straight up said I didn't watch basketball

>but its interesting how North York tried to develop another core except all the neighborhoods around it are single family, suburban style homes.

thats basically Vancouver with its urban suburbs
its crazy how much of the city proper is single-family homes and leafy suburbs

why cant you have those interesting things below or adjacent to the condos, like on the street corners/level

Attached: 18-08-2015-0754_xgaplus.jpg (1152x768, 320K)

I was going to say that, but saw an opportunity to talk to my manager and guys on my team, which I could leverage to get closer to them.

Really wish I just stayed quiet and found something else that we have in common. I'm thinking of calling in sick on the following days after the games, so that way I won't be a part of the discussion...

>Glamour
>Times Square
U wot

Attached: 1487628839128.jpg (749x779, 64K)

Attached: 052[1].jpg (559x768, 647K)

Greed. Condos = $$$ so they build shitloads of condos. I'd rather see some housing, plus restaurants/clubs/bars/entertainment venues, but that's not how it goes. And then older stuff gets turned into more condos.

Is that a Canadian thing to build a bunch of high rise condos away from the core? American cities don't really have that

The ground floor of these condos could always be stores, shops, restaurants or bars/clubs, especially around the subway stops.

Unlike a lot of big American cities, Toronto seems to hinge their city's identity on their teams. Is it because its the only way to bring people of diverse backgrounds together?

>China has fucked the real estate market because they money launder via our real estate (condos). There is no fucking way property here should cost as much as it does.
Well, in Toronto, no.
But Vancouver is a gorgeous international resort city, in a temperate rain-forest, with all the things rich people want:

mild temperature
low crime
ocean
beaches
mountains
blossoms for 3 or 4 months
beautiful flowers and greenery all year round
a beautiful park bigger than Central Park (Stanley Park)
a beautiful park twice the size of Central Park (Pacific Spirit Park)

world-class skiing (Whistler)
world class mountain-biking (North Shore)
world-class sailing
world-class gardening
world-class golf
world-class riding (horses)

a Ferrari store
a Lamborghini store
a Bentley store
a McLaren store
even a fucking Pagani store
for the ladies: every top tier store -- even a 45,000 sq foot Van Cleef & Arpels jewellry store where you can pick up a nice necklace for your gf for $1,000,000+ USD

3 hours to LA
5 hours to Hawaii
10.5 hours to China (3 hours less than from LA)

If you have a few million for a house, and another million for over-priced food, it's a great place to live.

Attached: Canada Dunbar Vancouver neighbourhood .jpg (1620x1080, 1.11M)

>Is that a Canadian thing to build a bunch of high rise condos away from the core?

not sure about Toronto, but in Vancouver's its because of the price of land, zoning - swathes of the city proper are dedicated to single family houses
so developers hop over to the next municipality to build their condo-commercial complexes

Attached: greater-vancouver-aerial-shot-city-mountains.jpg (855x479, 267K)

>Is it because its the only way to bring people of diverse backgrounds together?
Yes, no one here has anything else in common. The Chinese however mostly keep to themselves and don't engage with sports, I'm chuckling while picturing them seething in their apartments over all the noise tonight.

this as a Vancouverfag who has tried abroad. it is 100% worth. Only /pol/tards who judge cities entirely by how white they are think otherwise.

You fucking pussies. Just say that you've been a supporter of the Warriors since the "early days", but still want "Canada" to win. That way you can say you are happy with whoever wins and get along with everyone.

Jesus Christ this is Canadian Speech 101.
Are you guys even Canadian?

Attached: 1227747580500.jpg (500x200, 16K)

just like urban sprawl is an american thing

The Rapties will only win 1 of the 2 home games.

Life isn't about being inclusive and having the "everyone gets a gold star" mentality nigga. You don't say you're a fan of the oppositing team, because people will think you're a traitor. It's better to play the part, and not let people know you're true intentions, especially when you're in a new environment.

I tell my boss that I'm a fan of a team that his "favorite team" could face against in the finals, and I will forever be known as the dude who went against him.

Itll also create a Fuck ton of problems. GSW wins the playoffs, and he will be passive aggressive towards me until he gets over the loss. GSW loses the playoffs, and they will rub that shit in my face so hard, I'll easily become the running joke for the next month or so. The raptors breaking franchise history, and making it this far is the worst thing that could have happened to me, but that's life. I'll just need to play my part, and the whole thing will be over in a few weeks.

That's Burnaby's downtown core, separate city.

>muh /pol/
Highly doubt you've ever even left your neighbourhood.

>Is that a Canadian thing to build a bunch of high rise condos away from the core?
those suburbs are separate municipalities, so they grow like separate cities.
this pic is Burnaby (foreground) with about 300,000 people and part of Vancouver in the background.

People don't want American-style freeways and prefer to shop closer to home, so developers meet that demand.
the raised rail track in the immediate foreground is the electric Sky Train which brings people into Vancouver for work, sports, beaches, restaurants, cultural stuff, etc.

Also: there are "view corridors" downtown that developers have to respect, so they can't put up big building just anywhere.
The idea is that people must always have many clear views (from existing buildings, streets, parks, and public spaces) of the sky, mountains, and ocean, so we don't get that "wall of buildings" effect many cities have.

Attached: Vancouver_horizon_oct15.jpg (4724x1261, 2.36M)

>"view corridors" downtown...so we don't get that "wall of buildings" effect many cities have
admittedly that pic makes it look like a wall of buildings, but that is mainly because the view corridors run diagonal to the angle of the pic

Stop being a weak faggot who cares so much about how "the boss" thinks about them, or "the boss" will know you will just swallow whatever bullshit he throws at you to get you in line.

>the dude who went against him
You aren't going against shit here buddy, all you say is "I'm just hoping for a good back and forth series and may the best team win", or something along those lines.

> GSW win/lose and I'll get pressured in one way or another.
Stop giving a shit about whether they will "make fun of you" or be "passive aggressive" to you. That shit won't matter if you are diplomatic enough to not be happy or sad as fuck depending on the outcome.

You need to be either fully on the fence or be aloof in these situations.. If your boss says that "you're bad because you like other team!", you need to respond with " Oh well man, I just enjoyed the games and I'm glad to see them both go at it".

Don't complicate things. It's easy to act as a fool in a play, but don't think that makes you smarter for acting the part.

Attached: 1461633339692.jpg (640x480, 42K)

Vancouver is not that great. All of the cool cultural shit is being bulldozed or priced out by developers. Soon, it's just going to be a ghost-town of glass buildings.

t. guy who has lived in Vancouver his whole life

>low crime

tonnes of petty theft and drugs

>muh view corridors
absolute meme
we should build a port terminal in Kitsilano and a freeway through East Hastings

It's not just a Canadian thing. I'd say outside US it's more the norm, since the city centres were built 300 to 500 years ago, essentially on ancient Roman fortress/town street plan. There's little room for high rises, so they build them in the exurbs/suburbs. Typically there's a commuter rail or atleast a bus mainline.

Vast detached house suburbs, the "car mat", is mostly US phenomenon.

Attached: Husby_Kista.jpg (1000x647, 339K)

based /pol/tard. you should get a passport one day

Toronto is not that great. All of the cool cultural shit is being bulldozed or priced out by developers. Soon, it's just going to be a ghost-town of glass buildings.

t. guy who has lived in Toronto his whole life

Fixed that to include both being true.

thinking Vancouver has high crime?!
you need to try life in other countries, bro

>All of the cool cultural shit is being bulldozed or priced out by developers
Like what? Give 5 examples.

Been to every continent except South America. Travel (actual travel not sheltered tourism) dissolves the naive magic-foreigner lefty attitude quite quickly.

the Cobalt is going under, the electric owl went under, several spaces for warehouse shows are being cracked down on on Main/Pender/Hastings because they are planning to develop, the only restaurant even close to approaching a Michelin star was shut down because the cost of rent in the city is unsustainable for a place with low margins, to name just a few off of the top of my head. Oh, and if not for le meme Kevin Smith and Ryan Reynolds fundraiser the Rio would have been bulldozed.

This

of course, Canada is a first world country. but dont act like you dont know multiple people whove had cars broken into/bikes jacked in this city, or the amount of crack/meth/fentanyl/heroin going around here

boomer culture is dead

>Cobalt is going under
NOT going under.
only closed for a few months while 100+ year old building is being upgraded

>Electric Owl
it was only around for 5 years! hardly a cultural institution

>only restaurant even close to approaching a Michelin star was shut down
we've got a shit ton of excellent restaurants, way more than a city this size should.
there's no way a Vancouverite can complain about restaurants, of all things.

>places for warehouse shows
these places change as a city grows, same shit in Montreal, Toronto, NYC, Barcelona, Paris.

Attached: Vancouver pacific spirit park dunbar.jpg (1200x799, 218K)

>or the amount of crack/meth/fentanyl/heroin going around here
pretty much restricted to one area tho

Toronto is better than New York as a tourist desu, New York is dirty with expensive tiny hotel rooms, Toronto is much nicer

I'm headed to Montreal in a couple of years anyway, I think

it used to be better. the three major canadian cities are all growing more quickly than they can handle and are losing all their interesting bits to fuel growth. hopefully more cities on the outside will become those places now

the dirtiest canadian city is much cleaner than the cleanest american city

t. american living in leafland

>tourist trap
that's Vancouver. sure there's more to do in Montreal but there's more to see in Vancouver and it's a much more forgiving city. MTL is hostile to outsiders

architects make fun of canadian architecture lol

not true, they congregate in the DTES but ride the bus or (stolen) bike all over the city. keep in mind a lot of bums sleep in the more foresty parks

>doesn't get it

>tonnes of petty theft and drugs
LOOOOOOOOL
LOL
LOOOL

try logging off sometime

Based Larper. leave your flyover suburb one day.

>leaf thread

I live smack dab in the middle of all that shit on east hastings and it's really not a problem.
>bike "jackings"
i bet you live in abbotsford lol

It's not like raptors have any canadian players. America still wins either way

Surprisingly much better than expected tbqh

why lie lmao
you go on Yea Forums you can obviously talk about sports to some extent just don't fake it

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 80K)

>New York is a top five city in the world
I live in Kuala Lumpur, and while this place isn't Heaven, it doesn't smell like piss and shit on a main street or outside your restaurants. Seriously, New York LOOKS metropolitan as fuck, but God DAMN, the moment you touch down you need a fucking oxygen mask. I don't even mind the bad traffic and the weird alleyway placements, but what the fuck is that stench?

That's fucking awesome, tBH.
Right downtown isn't it? The Ontario College of Art, iirc. Totally rock 'n' roll, like a middle finger to everything.

this guy has no idea what he's talking about in both his replies

Same for us with the NHL; whichever team wins, it's a bunch of Canadians winning.

this is what leafs post every time you remind us of muhh 20 years since a Stanley. and apparently it doesn't matter.