No one is built for sprinting

I just ran on a path in the bushes this morning and i just realized.

I passed near a field whom the owner didnt cut the grass since the winter, even if you remove the rocks, the holes and the leveled ground, (the field was level and probably without too much holes) all those things which dont happen in nature, the grass was still so fucking dense, atleast 50-60 cm tall, and there was so much thistle and wierd looking herbs, i thought " how the fucking hell are you supposed to run through this mess?"

i'm not even talking about the lacerated calves, but the fact that you wouldnt even go fast by running with high knees

and im talking about france, not the jungle

Attached: zz.jpg (183x275, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thescienceexplorer.com/humanity/how-evolution-made-humans-best-long-distance-runners-earth
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4939291/
nationalgeographic.com/science/2004/11/humans-were-born-to-run-fossil-study-suggests/
academia.edu/14449326/Brains_Brawn_and_the_Evolution_of_Human_Endurance_Running_Capabilities
researchgate.net/publication/6363524_The_evolution_of_marathon_running_-_Capabilities_in_humans
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_versus_Horse_Marathon.
youtube.com/watch?v=PQMsJSme780
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4z16n-3eU
archive.4plebs.org/sp/thread/83472970/#83473061
youtu.be/hIcPsPFWcns
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: cassandra-wtf.jpg (940x529, 131K)

are you coked out or smthing right now?

THE MAD GENIUS
BEST THREAD ON Yea Forums RIGHT NOW

The fuck?

hmmmmm yes

Attached: Intredasting.jpg (644x351, 30K)

he's saying we aren't built for running in the wild lands like cavemen style. no we aren't, animals mog us in just running speed and agility in dense territory. but that's why we developed fucking weapons

>and im talking about france, not the jungle
The word you're looking for is savannah

It sounds like he's crying that someone didn't cut their grass

never thought about it like that

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji-Emoji-Island.png (640x640, 111K)

I have to concur frenchmen, for even with higher knees how can you deal with thistle so tall? Surely there has to be something better than sprinting.

Attached: IMG_20190514_051748.jpg (933x1150, 84K)

>I'm talking about France, not the jungle
What's the difference these days? Both are full of monkeys.

what really happened is that OP fell face first into someones "weeds"

yes

European woods had very little vegetation on the actual ground.

Humans originated in the african savannah, not France, retard.

racist piece of shit

lol monkey

think youre big and tough dont you with the racism, dont ya
cretin

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house

lol monkey

Dont chuck spears if you live in a mud hut

Humans are built for sprinting, it's why we have anaerobic capabilities. What we're not built for is like 400-1600m or anything over 2 hours without refueling. The people who run those distances have to ignore their body yelling at them to stop.

Attached: 1558393300220.webm (852x480, 2.86M)

whats wrong with this?
I do it all the time at home, especially going up the stairs and growling
Im not a weirdo who films it though

rofl holy shit

>what we're not built for is long distance
We are literally the best long distance runners on the planet. We used to hunt by simply chasing down animals until they collapsed from exhaustion and we just poked them to death as they lay there entirely unable to move. What an American post.

looking good mate

>wh*te people

buttslut

American education. Weapons are not going to help you kill a deer, cow or pig running in the opposite direction. Early humans had an advantage by becoming long distance runners. The Masai still do it today. Animals can sprint but they don't moderate their pace like clever humans can. Prehistoric humans would chase their prey over long distances until the animal would tire themselves out, ultimately being caught by the better LDR conditioned hunters.

Sprinting was only a thing for defence or for a small proportion of the hunt.

It's not pace moderation that gets animals killed. It's sweat. Us being able to sweat is the difference maker.

Attached: 1544980935791.jpg (600x800, 112K)

we have actually built to run long distance, we're certainly the animal with the best endurance on earth all thanks to our superior sweating system, that's how our ancestors hunted back then the animals they pursued, they had to rest while humans could keep tracking them down during hours without being exhausted and with the domestication of dogs no animals could escape our stomachs

Seems to me the Earth isn't built for sprinting on it. This is just proof we came from Mars or some other planet where it's just dust and is ideal for sprinting

>it's an Yea Forums is offensively stupid episode

I only come on Yea Forums to see what stupid people think about the World anyway.
It's an interesting window in which I'm sure many studies will be performed on, if not already

i agree to a degree

It's an American and a """french""" negro. What did you expect?

by you running there you made a path, so the next time you or someone else runs there it will be easier every time

hence the earth needs to be explored

You have it completely backwards. We were persistence hunters. We were literally built to last longer than any other land animal so we could just follow prey at a jogging pace for miles upon miles until it collapsed from exhaustion where we could just walk up and start eating it.
No other land animal on the planet can cover as much ground in as short amount of time as humans. Our ultramarathoners are mountains and leagues above the next closest animal. It's the one feature our species had as 'best in the world' until our intelligence exploded in areas other than our native spatial tracking brilliance.

That's a big factor yes, but c'mon now prey animals have no pace moderation when instinctively running from predators you're being stubbornly thick saying that.

not now boner

No, I'm being objectively correct when I say that sweat is the difference maker, you spastic leaf.

>It's an American and a """french""" negro. What did you expect?
>A dozen other flags

The dozen other flags are mocking the pair of you, you dolt

I'm not comparing us to other animals, I'm talking about our physical limits. Sprinting full out for more than ~30 seconds results in lactic acid build up. Running at a fast long distance pace for more than 2 hours without refueling results in glycogen depletion. Long distance runners have to ingest carbohydrates during a race to avoid that, and middle distance runners just have to live with the pain of lactic acid. Sprinters on the other hand don't have any biological functions telling them to stop.

t. Never sprinted in his life

I cant believe you're actually trying to double down too lmao

>american education

>t. Never sprinted in his life
not surprising

Nigga you gay

>this is what favela apes actually believe

There really isn’t any evidence for this just speculation as to why we can run so long.
You wouldn’t need to chase down big game for miles. You could get plenty of protein and essential nutrients just with a slingshot and a fishing net and use far less energy.

If you were white you'd understand this clearer.

The people on facebook, Twitter, and Youtube’s comment section are objectively dumber.
Most of them can’t even form a sentence.

>there really isn't any evidence for this
There are people alive today that do that very thing to hunt. Jesus Christ you fat yanks will come up with anything to avoid running, won't you?

Have you ever sprinted? Just watch the finish line of any track meet. The sprinters are walking around just fine after their races, while the longer distance runners collapse into a heap because they were ignoring their bodies cries for mercy.

>watch the finish line
Thanks for showing everyone that you've never actually sprinted.

I was instructed by a national championship winning track coach for my athletic training minor in college. If you've got a better source do share.

> weapons won’t help you kill a deer
British education everyone

Are you saying that you surrendered to some tall grass?

>if you've got a better source
Which of the thousands of scientific journals and articles do you consider better than a fat yank teacher?

I don't need thousands, just find me one.

thescienceexplorer.com/humanity/how-evolution-made-humans-best-long-distance-runners-earth
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4939291/
nationalgeographic.com/science/2004/11/humans-were-born-to-run-fossil-study-suggests/
academia.edu/14449326/Brains_Brawn_and_the_Evolution_of_Human_Endurance_Running_Capabilities
researchgate.net/publication/6363524_The_evolution_of_marathon_running_-_Capabilities_in_humans

I tried to list so many that Yea Forums thought it was spam, so I cut it down a bit for you.

you should see /sci/

I didn't find anything that contradicted my point, which was that humans are built to run for up to about 2 hours before our glycogen stores run out or sprint for up to 30 seconds before lactic acid builds up.

Attached: 1529828225-152967485.png (676x507, 297K)

>humans are built to sprint
>humans are built to run for up to about 2 hours

Attached: yanks.png (868x380, 312K)

Yank "athleteic" capabilities have skewed their perception of all physical activity, can't really blame him init lad he doesn't know any better when pic related is afternoon snack

Attached: american cuisine.jpg (1000x750, 121K)

Do you think those two things are mutually exclusive? We wouldn't have both fast and slow twitch muscles if that was the case.

someone please explain
i don't get it

Attached: banter-stops-3619627.png (500x611, 176K)

>throwing a spear won't help you kill an animal at range
>throwing weapons don't allow you to effectively increase the rate at which you can reach the target since the weapon will fly faster than you can run.

You should've deleted your post after the first 5 posters bullied you for being fat and retarded.

Just because an obscure ngubu tribe does something doesn't mean that's what humans evolved specifically for 1,000,000 years ago.

It's what all of humanity evolved to do, you braindead lardo.

lad, just stop.

can you sprint for two hours?

Wtf Bros I've been thinking about this thread the whole day

Another high iq thread ruined by a double digit iq american

No, you can sprint for ~30 seconds. Sprinting is an anaerobic activity that uses the limited amount of energy stored directly in your muscles. Running is an aerobic activity however. It uses the energy stored in your liver, which will last for about 2 hours.

this but unironically

No evidence for this statement.
Just look at left vs right. Left is emaciated, weak, looks sickly. He'd probably die after one bad season of drought or a harsh winter.
You know in the original story of the "Marathon" the runner dies right?
Marathon runners are immunocompromised for weeks following their race.
Humans likely hunted with stealth and weapons and tracked wounded prey for maybe a few miles. Not 20+. Simply chasing an animal in the heat of day for 20 miles until it collapses is retarded and the tribes who do it today are all IQ 60 subhumans.
Horses can run marathons faster than humans en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_versus_Horse_Marathon. Are you going to tell me horses evolved to chase down grass over 20 miles until the grass gave up and got tired of running?
It makes no sense for running to lead to bipedalism. We became bipedal because our hands were more useful at using tools and weapons than being used to cover ground.

Attached: poopycaca.jpg (320x287, 29K)

Say what you want about us but french posters consistently make high IQ post

Attached: loud silence.png (1228x712, 127K)

>t. Dutch lanklet

wtf is wrong with french people??

MMMMMMBRRRAAPPPPP

This OP truly is ahead of his time

wow

>this fucking amerifat ITT making everyone lose brain cells by reading his stupid babble

Lads, I'm starting to worry that this big mongoloid yank is actually serious and not shitposting.

lose weight and read a book, also have sex

Attached: .gif (480x228, 263K)

>weapons wont kill if the animal go to another direction
You are a fucking dumbass nigger, dont reproduce

they have internet connection at mad houses now?

Attached: IMG_20190415_044713.jpg (563x553, 48K)

very impressive hurdle clear at the end

>american reading comprehension

Attached: 1592581.png (539x22, 4K)

You live in farmland bruv we literally have flat plains everywhere in this country we can fucking sprint.

kc tier

Attached: me on the left.png (600x423, 123K)

>that point in every argument where an american goes 'b-b-but look at this phyaical superior black man!!'

The fucking state

no it was in a plain with private gardens and fields but minus the leveling and absence of rocks etc the field was quite natural, it was not seeded with grass so there were many different plants thistles etc which looked quite tough.

it was so tall you woudl have to run knee high and you d end up with bloody calves

also i remind to others that without shoes its harder to run because you cant use the protection and the traction so you have to land softly and you have to use more power from the ass and hamstrings because you can't just "hit" the ground and use the traction, you have to land and rebound in a more vertical manner

when i ran on the path there were also a lot of holes which slowed me down considerably

i think food was already hard enough to come by, most animals are way faster than us, and in a single hole you can break your ankle after which you are basically fucked so theres no way in my mind we were built through evolution with sprinting in mind, we can go faster for a short time, but not particularly faster

i think selection was stronger on other things that happen before you get chased or how to catch preys through other ways, but even for fleeing from any predator, i dont think you d flee from anything in that fucking mess

you can read here and there that we would not run for long away from a bear, but i call bullshit, in a wild terrain with holes wild grass and all i dont think usain bolt would outrun a bear for more than a single minute, hell im not even sure he would outsprint the bear

as the forest i dont know there many things into which you can stuck you feet, i d imagine by sprinting you d hit the ground more often than not + sprinting by dodging trees holes covered by leaves humid slippery spots etc ...

Attached: 56436557_432308920864881_6951319377734722313_n.jpg (853x1067, 144K)

THE LEGEND RETURNS

Low iq.

Long distance running is the deepest spiritual experience you can achieve whilst sober.

We were made for this.

I wonder how that vag must feel. Must be the tightest in the world from exercising in that position.

Horses and some other equines are literally the only animals that can run long distance in the heat like humans can. Kangaroos also I think.

Voltaire lives again

>its a manlet gets lost in tall grass episode

can you stop inventing yourself a life? i am white, not a manlet and not retarded. its like im on pol wheres everyone calls me a nigger for no reason

>humans aren't "built for sprinting" because there's areas with tall grass in the world
well alrighty then
so glad I'm just a tourist

id like to see a video of you running like a circus horse through that tall grass, you wouldnt look very gracious

my theory
sprinting has only recently started being selected for, as a result of human culture. in the Illiad a sprint in full bronze armor is part of the funeral games in honor of a dead hero. that's 4000 years, at the least, of sprinting as a human activity, enough for evolutionary phenomena to emerge
also war. there was sprinting involved in pre modern war I would think

its not only about tall grass, like i said we have less traction and more vertical strides on real terrain, especially with shoes without spikes, even more barefooted, almost all animals run faster than us, we can fuck up our joints in a single hole that we missed or hidden below grass/leaves. also you say areas but outside it would be mostly either rocky terrain, terrain with shitty grass like that or woods, and most of the plaisn you d believe natural were leveled, with things removed from it, and planted with grass seed, but when the wild reclaim its rights you start to get shitty grass and things with thorns like the field i saw

even if theres areas in africa where you can roughly sprint it was probably more accessory than anything, but in europe (in the north of france) its not like that, so i dont believe people who migrated in europe in old times sprinted in this at all.

keep in mind that most shoes have ankle support but barefooted but with support free shoes it takes only one slip to fuck your ankle, and theres many many irregularities on wild grounds.

The yellow jackets have the wrong enemy. They should be targeting the grass!

Attached: 1372326225204.jpg (421x512, 21K)

The highest IQ poster on sp right now

Again, I didn't say we weren't. I said we are not made for running more than 2 hours without replenishing our stores of energy.

Take this opportunity to learn something youtube.com/watch?v=PQMsJSme780

>I didn't say we weren't
>Humans are built for sprinting
lmao you're embarrassing yourself so badly

People make you, but you are correct

what

holy shit le cerveau on this one

Attached: f93.png (898x790, 279K)

>humans are built for sprinting
>AND running long distances up to 2 hours
That's why we have both anaerobic and aerobic systems. Watch the video, and become a little smarter today.

You are, quite unironically, dumber than the nignog frog.

lad stop embarassing yourself. since according to you we are built for both sprinting and long distance running, you should try doing both so you can lose some weight

you need to go back to your lands

Attached: the-gods-must-be-crazy-original-imadge2ygsg2wdyy.jpg (511x704, 56K)

Humans evolved into bipeds on the African plains and the point of this was to get to the other tree as fast as possible before a predator got hold of them.

How much acid have you taken by the way?

Attached: thumber.jpg (290x240, 39K)

is this /spout/?

the predators are SO much faster than us on those grounds, and most of them CAN go on trees

Are you running from a bird?

Depends where their starting point is you fucking moron, you ain't going to jump out a tree if there's a band of wild dogs waiting at the bottom or a large cat in sight, you retard. Some can but it's safer then the ground. You special or something?

Attached: front-eyes8.jpg (660x465, 87K)

anyway the sprinting you d be taling about must not look anything like the sprinting in our modern language it would probably more look like this

youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4z16n-3eU

anyway maybe you are right about african savannah, i was just amazed by how dense and rough the field i saw looked and im pretty sure most abandoned field look like that where i live

Na, you're definitely the special one mate. We didn't go bipedal to outsprint and out climb big cats, given that we literally can't do either of those things.

Maybe I'm drunk but this is making me laugh way harder than it should idk

Attached: 1557892291581.gif (320x294, 1.7M)

You a retarded.

M8 pls structure your sentences and put some punctuation here and there. You're really hard to follow.

Why are Americans so obsessed with muscular black men? It's extremely odd.

>Be fastest human sprinter in my town
>Get sprint-mogged by a random stray cat

Fuck my life

Best thread on Yea Forums for a while, I may be a brainlet, but learned a lot

lol
this low-energy guy just made a great pasta

remember that one post

Attached: 1558045385275.gif (200x240, 1.18M)

cute people mainly use their legs for walking

Hunting with guns is the dumbest shit ever. How do you get satisfaction out of that

Attached: 1543847035436.webm (534x360, 2.91M)

>they are waking up... shut it down. *click*

Attached: IMG_20181024_182202.jpg (980x552, 85K)

how would you know. have you ever shot a gun

>Have you ever shot a gun
Mate, I'm the proud owner of an air rifle. I shoot paper targets with it nearly every day, lol. My middle names gun, but I prefer to do my maiming with my mouth, shooting of lyrical round.

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (250x250, 10K)

300 IQ post

agreed on this one
no skin in the game
go hunt with arrows and a spear
and dress and butcher the animal yourself

>Bong
>Talking about guns
Oh, that’s rich.

Attached: 778611A8-6C8F-4DC2-84AC-EB183047B723.jpg (419x416, 24K)

Sometimes I have dreams where I'm running after something, and to move faster I always drop to all fours and 'run' like this. I imagine it's because of that shit in your dream where you can't really move very well because your real muscles aren't responding. Anyways, loping along like this on all fours works for 'speed' in my dreams.

>American
>Talking about a bong talking about guns
>posts an American holding a gun upside down hunched over like a spaz

Oh, that's rich.

Attached: 300px-Alex_jones_9-11_coincidence.jpg (300x225, 16K)

Do you even know what glycogen is? As far as I know, it's just sugar. If you run out of it nothing, will happen you just have to eat.

Based post. Science has lied to us.

Are you retarded? If you run out of energy you can’t expend more energy. You will hit “the wall” as marathoners call it and be completely unable to continue until you get more sugar.
Unless you are in a state of nutritional Ketosis.

>he fell for the persistence hunting meme

this is the most retarded shit ever. the only tribes that still "practice it" do it for show when idiots like you come asking

the real science does not back up 90% of the shit claimed in that book you're guaranteed to be basing this retarded opinion on

Seems like you might be the one with the fetish considering you’re now introducing the race element...
How’s your girlfriend been lately Nigel? Spending more time with her co worker Kevin Ngubu-Smith?

Humans die all the time running in the heat. I used to live in the dessert and retards would go running when it was 110 degrees and die on a daily basis all summer

Why are you?

Out of Africa theory is a myth

Humans evolved for team work and use of weapons/tools.
Your defense from big prey was your tribe. 20 brave men with spears can fuck up a bear or cougar. Most other species don’t hunt in packs other than wolves. Once we tamed them we were unstoppable. We outsourced smell and endurance to the dogs, and used our cunning and stealth to wound the prey.
Some weird tribal nogs running down gazelle in the savannah isn’t relevant since they arent really human.

Apart from having thumbs, long-distance running is our only natural physical advantage over other animals.

You need to be able to survive for a couple million years before you can unlock the tool building part of your intelligence, you tool

That's exactly why we are omnivores you mongoloid. We ate off the vegetation during the hunt.

>the nogmong posted Little House on the Prairie
absolutely unequivocally BASED Pilkingtoigne poster

>the real science does not back up 90% of the shit claimed in that book you're guaranteed to be basing this retarded opinion on
which book talks about that?

God bless that this thread is still up. It has literally gotten me through the day.

couldn't sleep lads
been thinking about this all night

any new hypothesis to share?

He doesn't know he's just pulling shit out of his ass

Tell that to your mum, the fucking skank. Aslo you're retarded.

weirdest french post since the england cartoons one
props

Humanity evolved to walk and sometimes sprint, jogging for miles on end is unnatural and only practiced by masochists or bushmen who were forced to mutate to survive.

It's like said, distance runners look like gollum in track shorts.

Attached: 07557724654.png (555x644, 553K)

kino

How did big brain lose out to small brain?

Walking on all fours is amazing for aches and pains, it feels like you're recalibrating your tissue

>3 MOGs in 1 minute

nature hates us all

the evolution theory is a lie we are obviously not from this planet

literally every specie but humans have a natural habitat

if it’s too cold we die, if it’s too hot we die we are not part of any natural food chain

we are physically weak and frail

we can not survive anywhere with just out own goods, all we can do is eat and think

Literally most species that current ones are descended went naturally extinct. Were they also aliens or is your theory just stupid?

youtu.be/hIcPsPFWcns
>BASED

we are not aliens
we are the results of an experience made by aliens

How are we different from any other animal?

>inb4 muh buildings and books

made me hungry and kept the noggin joggin

t. james joyce

speaking of which, does anybody have the cap?

/pol/ < x files < infowars < david icke < voyich manuscript < area 51 documents < 12th level high knight of the illuminati order < the bogdanoffs < the secret archives of the vatican < this guy

heh

get back in /arse/ I need my transfer news

>We are literally the best long distance runners on the planet.
I believe we are actually behind ostriches and other ratites, who use very little stamina.

really makes you think

Attached: 1552057537523.jpg (266x329, 16K)

don't have that, but I do have this

its bitch shit. whats the point of killing something using some OP bullshit and the animal has no chance. its like firing a missile at someone from another country instead of beating their ass, coward shit

Attached: A2F5F43C-B037-4058-9513-747D7E6F6A02.jpg (1080x1081, 62K)

I've been thinking about based anons post on my commute and in my sleep and I'm still confused

Attached: chernouwot.png (822x1004, 909K)

i'm picturing some angry frenchman in full tracksuit mowing a field at 5 am now

>tfw too much of a brainlet to understand french thinking

Literally chimps use tools shit head

just a friendly bump

Good bump.
OP is kind of right, humans aren't really biologically built for outdoor running, it's just one thing we learned from watching animals many years ago (deer in this case) and adapted to.

he's absolutely right

Mutt education

BUMP
we MUST figure this out lads

why would it be like that

is there anywhere we can send funds? how have i not seen a university pick this up as a study.,

He's actually right though. I thought everyone knew about aerobic and anaerobic exercise. Humans have basically evolved to not be specialized at anything.

>frog on meth posts some mad shit about running
>yank takes 3 sentences to get to weapons
is there anything that doesn't make americans think about weapons?

Attached: american.gif (225x199, 1.43M)

>Weapons are not going to help you kill a deer, cow or pig running in the opposite direction.
LMAO this is what people believe when they live in a country where butter knives are illegal

>Masai
>human

Are you still allowed to discuss weapons in Bongistan? If they haven’t yet they need to put a ban on even thinking about such things.

>everyone saying humans arent built to run long distance is American
They are living, breathing memes I swear to fuck lmao

did you not read ops post? try running long distance in heavy shrub and non level ground