More like best XI of the 21st century

Mire like a poo poo pee pee xaxaxa

It's shit.

Attached: this.png (480x600, 123K)

>all those litterally who CB's

>no Van Dijk

>henry
Based

Attached: F764683F-F907-4F1D-9823-CCB1F62C4B3C.jpg (243x300, 9K)

Hazard out, cruyff in
Matthaus out, rijkaard in

>Hazard
>Penaldo
>Matthaus as a lone CDM
>Neuer

Zoom zoom zoom

Oblak
Carvajal Chiellini Godin Alba
Kante
Modric De Bruyne
Messi Lewandowski Assard

>Kante

Attached: bigman.png (389x432, 55K)

Not really, in fact I think the only one you could doubt is Hazard - but he is EXTREMELY underrated in my opinion, and fully deserving to be in this XI. He's better on the ball than Messi and that's saying something.

The one player who really misses out is Maradona, and he'd replace Hazard if there were two right attacking midfielders, but that would make any formation unbalanced. Everyone else doesn't deserve to be in this XI.

Hazard is the best dribbler I have ever seen and Messi-lite in all other aspects. Penaldo clearly deserves to be on here, Matthäus clearly too (if you suggest two CDMs I'd ask why you want to be so defensive when the best footballing talent is that of attacking players).

And Neuer is the Messi of goalkeeper, no doubt. Never has there ever been a sweeper keeper more effective on the ball, he's practically an extra defender.

>Garrincha
>Beckenbauer
>Cruyff
>Maradona
>Pelé

I think your list is far from greatest

Best DM
Ruined by Sarri

Are you fucking retarded as to rate Kante that highly? Over Matthaus?

Time for your meds, grandpa

It's sad how overrated all those players, apart from Maradona, were. Yes, even Cruyff, though he was obviously a footballing genius. Football in their day (apart from Maradona's) was completely different, defenders wouldn't be much better than cones.

low iq post. he's an extremely good dm but his game is based on hard work and covering the whole field rather than precise position play. and considering he can score goals and play higher up the field too, what sarri did makes sense

Yup, Sarri is actually a great manager, but he clearly isn't great at managing personalities.

brainlet argument
The level of play since the 60-70s has increased thanks to massive improvements in training and sports science. Pele was the greatest player of the 60s, and if he had access to the training of the 00s he would have been far better in absolute terms, but still just as good relative to the players around him

I'm an Arsenal fan (and OP), and it pains me to say this:

Henry is overrated. Great player of course, But only a generational great. Not an all-time great. I genuinely believe Hazard is MUCH better.

>if

Fact is we're talking about how good Pele was, not how good he could have been. Transplant Pele and put him up against a modern defence, or e.g. transplant Cristiano Ronaldo and put him up against the defences Pele faced, and there would be no comparison. Pele is just a glorified Robinho.

And for those who doubt Hazard, you can either look at his incredible stats (whoscored.com for example, and YES stats are accurate reflections), or you can just juxtapose him to Messi. He's better in some aspects (weak foot, dribbling, pace) and in the aspects he's worse (finishing, passing) he isn't THAT far off. He'll do incredibly in Madrid, or at least he should. Was the best player at the world cup too

In set piece ability they're pretty close too, Hazard is one of the best penalty takers there is and great at free kicks - but Messi is probably the best FK taker in the world.

Let's take that logic further. I have a physics degree and got it in the early 21st century. I know way more about physics than Newton ever did. Does that mean I'm a greater physicist than Newton, or am more intelligent? Obviously fucking not, the guy was an unparalleled genius.

We should judge footballer's ability based on how much they dominated their era, otherwise we're going to have to constantly update our GOAT XI every time there are breakthroughs in tactics and sports science. Spain 2010 NT was the best international side I've ever seen, but because modern footballing tactics have been shaped in response to their play-style, that team probably wouldn't have won the 2018 WC. Doesn't make them any less great

You see, this is where you're being a fucking idiot. Your talent as a physicist isn't based on what you know, it's based on your ability to innovate solutions. You don't innovate solutions when you brainlessly use integration techniques beyond Newton. Same thing applies here, and even more so as there aren't any explicit barriers like Newton faces compared to you in terms of knowledge of physics. So basically, ability isn't the same as knowledge. Otherwise Arteta would be GOAT.

Why doesn't what you say apply to comparing different leagues? Why is that so different as to comparing different eras? Please, explicitly enlighten me as to why your logic doesn't imply Mbappe is the GOAT if he reaches his full goalscoring potential at PSG.

uhm, sweetie...

Attached: Superior.png (480x600, 130K)

Because Mbappe has to opportunity to prove himself in the best league. Pele couldn't just step in a time machine and sign up to play in the 2010s Prem. If you took a 5 year old Pele and left him to develop in a modern day footballing academy, he would absolute dominate football like he did in the 60s.
>innovate solutions
Pele innovated solutions in how to succeed at football more than practically any other footballer. That makes him a better footballer than say Suarez, even if Suarez would have scored a gorrillion goals against 60s defenders.

>All that slippage...

When I say to innovate solutions, I don't mean to invent some new method of taking on defenders (and besides, that really doesn't exist, because football is a simple game at the end of the day).

By innovating, I mean during a match to find a way to beat that man, to make that pass, to find the back of the net - and the impressiveness of each of those innovations obviously depends on the adversity you face (me scoring 100 goals a game against a bunch of toddlers isn't impressive).

Here's a more watertight analogy. Imagine football as classical mechanics. It's a pretty complete package in and of itself and just like football there really isn't much room for discovering brand new "techniques". Imagine each year of physics students just before they leave university takes an olympiad, and that the olympiads are somehow objectively of the same difficulty each year (this represents the fundamentals of the game of football). Say this took place from 1950 to 2000, and coincident to that there was rising standards of nutrition itself resulting in higher IQs. Say the actual marks in the exam are hidden (as that would allow direct comparison between generations which would destroy this analogy) but rather have everything standardised about a yearly average where your performance can thus only be seen relative to your peers.

Now, it becomes pretty obvious that for two equally dominant physicists relative to their peers in the year 1950 and 2000 respectively, given rising scores due to accelerating IQ levels, the physicist in the year 2000 would have thus scored a higher mark. Objectively, within the framework of the rules, he is better.

Maybe the top scorer of the 1950 olympiad had a higher genetic potential than the top scorer of the 2000 olympiad. But as a matter of fact, that wasn't the case. He was not better.

Outside backs should be dani alves and alaba. Too lazy to criticize more than that.

Retarded post, those players played with awful shoes, awful balls and in awful pitches, you had to be much more talented to pull the same plays than primadonnas have to be today.

I didn't consider that, but still, I think the poorer defences they faced more than compensates.

>football is a simple game at the end of the day
>like football there really isn't much room for discovering brand new "techniques"
but neither of these things are true. Modern day tactical awareness has basically turned football into a new sport. It constantly evolves, which is why managers can have incredible success one season, and then turn to shit the next despite having the same squad and the same tactics. With the advent of TV everyone is aware of everyone else's tactics and they are constantly coming up with novel approaches and counterplays. The fundamentals remain the same - score more goals than the opposition, but the ways that is achieved shifts continuously.
The poorer defenses were a result of the same things that held back attacking ability. It was a level playing field

My meme team of the last 10-15 years of football. Yes, I’m a City fan.

Attached: D614AE32-8CDE-4EF5-A572-B0DFEAD75F23.jpg (733x934, 375K)

>Last 10-15 years
>R9
You realize that 15 years ago was 2004, right?

I like the defense

Pretty sure if you take an innovated and dominated player they’ll adapt and expand the status quo. If you put Newton with a time machine in our times I’m pretty sure it’ll be like taking a kid to a candy shop. He’ll fit right in and even improve using his keen intellect and forward thinking mind to progress any field. Messi and Cristiano are perfect examples they have reinvented themselves and their game.

>Ribery
>Buffon

Well...

Attached: LINEUP111558656102662.png (1080x1080, 143K)

Don't @me

Attached: lineup.png (480x600, 129K)

Swap Neuer for Buffon
Iniesta for Zidane
Hazard for Ronaldinho
Penaldo for Ronaldo

Julio Cesar QPR legend

Aguero>Suarez
Bravo>Julio Cesar

This

Thats now how you spell milan...

Do you all factor in playing style when making your team?

No but it has to be roughly balanced.

*runs past your entire team, scores, then does a Fortnite dance*

Attached: zoomer team.png (480x600, 135K)

This

These guys played in a time where there was no sport science. No training regime, low carb diets, high tech shoes and the ball weighed almost two pounds. It's the same thing saying that Ayrton Senna was bad because his McLaren was slower than the 2018 Mercedes.

That's what makes them worse

Fuck you all

Attached: A009543D-E7D5-4CDE-A789-7B3F4156880C.png (750x1334, 583K)

>a striker who had 228 goals for Arsenal, had multiple records and is only beaten by Aguero playing in one of the greatest teams to ever play in the PL
>overrated
>a guy who won League titles, FA Cups, CL's and World Cups in his career
Come on man. Henry with the players you've provided around him would be banging them in if he was in his prime. Only reason he didn't win CL at Arsenal is due to Bergkamp refusing to travel to away games, injuries to all the other good players and the owner being replaced by a Jew who hasn't put a SINGLE penny into the club.

Based retard

>not having fatnaldo up top

Attached: 11C36093-4413-41F0-B783-D4C2111B9E43.jpg (587x683, 48K)

oh, ok.. so you’re just a delusional chelsea fan

>Fortnite dance
>no Griezmann
Why?

>Hazard is the best dribbler
holy fuck im actually shocked by how retarded you are

Find a flaw

Attached: 1545227698544.png (473x594, 245K)

>rapenaldo
redpilled
>Who Gives A Fuck
brainlet

Attached: redpilled.png (479x540, 121K)

>Maldini twice
fuck, I'm retarded. Zanetti at right back

barely legal fc

Fuck an actual good team.

Two walking red cards in midfield who can’t pass and the other midfielder who won’t pass. Brazil 2014 tier.

>Gerrard
>not Lampard

Attached: 19F34E51-03BB-4383-9164-5082D827F2EB.gif (147x160, 746K)

>Toure

This team is probably closest, unless you're 14.

>i rate xavi and iniesta

Attached: 35361b9ea3c9b28a2b76d80abfa3a7d0.jpg (1151x1500, 193K)

Lol best pic

Schmeichel
Lahm Thuram Chiellini Maldini
Zanetti Kante Vieira Koke
Messi Cristiano

Name 3 european footballers who are better than Hazard at dribbling

Oh you cant.. stats agree with me

Best XI of the decade so far

Attached: 20190524_165744.jpg (994x1273, 354K)

>Baresi
Lmao this manlet would play in Serie B in today's era

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

"Goes season unbeaten"

Attached: IMG_20190524_150842.jpg (1000x1260, 243K)

Always a good idea to have three manlets in midfield

Attached: 55A9CA63-A4BE-4770-9B60-57BDD155AABA.jpg (742x959, 370K)

Dumb boomer. Lallana is the equivalent of Cruyff today.

He quite literally only did well in the Netherlands. He won the league with ajax and the league cup. Wow what an achievement.

Went to Barcelona and did okay to good. Did not put up the numbers he was putting in ajax (surprise, half the players during that time were bag grocers).

I like it

Do you think Bayern can win the Champions League next year?

Attached: Screenshot_20190524-162047.jpg (1080x2340, 549K)

>Started watching football in 2014

Where is Jairzinho?

When I watched highlights from all WC finals, 1970 struck me as the first one when the standard seemed modern. 1966 and before seemed more primitive with shit defending and goalkeeping. So I'd argue that players from the 70's onwards could cut it today. I also think that there was another jump in quality in the late 90's which would align with the improvements in player fitness and physicality but in terms of just technical ability, plays from the 70's - 90's could match 90's onwards

Not if they play in that formation.

>implying Maldini couldn't cover both positions at once.

no

>aza
based

Replace Busquets with Kroos, then I agree. Kroos is very underrated - hint: RM didn't win 3 UCLs in a row because of CR7 even if he destroyed some games.

Apart from that, and the fact Ramos and Chiellini should be in opposite positions (Chiellini is left footed), I agree totally.

Oh wait, I forgot about Hazard lol.

Actually I'm on the fence about Kroos vs Busquets as Busquets is clearly better defensively but Kroos has godly long balls.

Also took NL to the World Cup final you mong

Xabi is a nice blend of both

Not even a current top 20 defender

>low carb diets
When was this ever a thing?

Irrefutable

Attached: 5F30B2AD-0870-4514-AAA6-47C432095D35.png (750x1334, 582K)

>Hazard gets in because he’s a good dribbler

Then put in Ronaldinho, at least he actually achieved stuff in his career other than shitty league titles like Hazard

Ronaldinho Mertens Pires
Deschamps Guardiola Saul
Krol Carvalho Kompany Carvajal
van der Sar

Just a fun team that plays a mix of Pep’s tiki taka and Sarri ball

>people not mentioning ballon d'or winner, luka modric
uhh cringe?

>people rating players they never saw play

Attached: 1558043311630.png (547x519, 391K)

As voted by Yea Forums in a Strawpoll thread sometime ago

Attached: lineup.png (480x600, 149K)

>pirlo
>terry
>lahm
>buffon
lol

>sarriball
>no little george

Attached: 8E1E6B65-A8A7-417E-9746-72D5CB3F90A5.gif (490x476, 3.52M)

Lol Kahn was the sub of Buffon. Sorry

*wins*

Attached: acfeb2399baedac4fd29432162a320c1.png (593x688, 183K)

>these Fifa 11 feels

This is the most JUST XI ITT

Hazard... He isn't even as good as prime Robben

>tf

>no Aguirre Suarez
>no Labruna
>no Bebeto
>no Pedernera
>no Lazzati
>no Marzolini
>no Filiol
>no Kempes
ZOOOM ZOOOOOOOOM FAGGOT

But he isn't. Only a 12 year old faggot would think Hazard is better than prime Robben.

Ronaldo was a fraud. defenders back then were shit, just look how easily he can pass them

Would unironically win the cl, I'm not fully convinced of the italian lanklet though.

Robben is miles better even at 31/32

We got Pep playing in that role

COPE

Attached: lineup (1).png (361x475, 115K)

Everyone needs to start rating Pirlo

>Hazard is a better dribbler than Messi
>using stats to "prove" this

Attached: aBetterAnimeThanYoriMoi.jpg (729x660, 169K)

You don't even need to look at the stats, it's obvious when watching him. His agility is beyond Messi's and technically he's beyond Messi too. Nothing against Messi of course, he's the third best dribbler of all-time in my opinion (Hazard second, Maradona first)

What makes Messi special especially to onlookers is his change of direction at higher speeds. The angle of his change of movement would be killer on the knees of most regular people but Messi has been able to take HGH at an early age.

he’s a generational talent, yes.. but he’s not an all time greatest.

dude we get it, you have a gay love for hazard... he’s no where close to Messi though. Messi’s touch and movement on the ball is second to none

Wtf is this post

Cole is not underrated, in the sense that people will say he was the best if he is mentioned. But he has to be mentioned... and that is quite rare, which is weird. He is forgotten so frequently...

I don’t rate Buffon that highly but damn that 11 looks impossible to beat. Some subs are cringey though

>no Diego
Jejj

>Spanish Manlets in midfield
No

Hazard was the first player since 1966 to have 10 successful take-ons in the world cup. Holy shit I'm actually fucking shocked at how retarded you are.

Absolutely retard

Damn. Most people just put the same obvious players, but I think your team would actually be the strongest of them all

Nice, did not know that