No other player can compare to Pele or Maradona

Maradona because he is by far the most gifted to ever play the game. You know how everyone says Messi is on a different level to every other player playing today? Well I truely believe that Maradona was on an entirely different level to Messi. That's how godly he was as a player. It was like he was playing with cheat codes. It really was like giving Messi cheat codes. An absolute freak of nature.

And Pele while not as naturally gifted as Maradona I would still put him equal with Maradona as the goat simply because of how much he defined the sport. He was doing players signature moves in his time decades before they where even born. The man essentially IS the beautiful game in human form.

Messi and Ronaldo can't compare, nor can any other player that has ever played.

Attached: images-3.jpg (736x416, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNF_5Ty2LRw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sYokNMEgRvw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youre right, ask anyone who is old enough to have watched maradona and messi play, they all say maradona was better.

also he was on coke and didnt have modern training techniques, pep teaching him, spains godlike midfield behind him, or HGH

Yes all true.
Look at this video of Maradona. It was like watching Messi on cheat codes. He made it look ridiculously easy.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNF_5Ty2LRw

My father saw Maradona plays and he disagrees

*angry zoomer noises*

I'll agree with you that Maradona was legit a gifted and amazing player but Pele? This nigga only got 600+ goals because he stomped on some banana farmers every weak whereas Maradona actually competed in European leagues and proved himself. Pele is just a conman 2bh

I say Pele for how he pioneered the sport. He was ahead of his time. The original football icon. He was perfecting and inventing new skills/technique before all of the top players where even born. He is like a combination of every world class player who has ever played. He essentially IS football.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sYokNMEgRvw

with 3 WC

messoy will never do this thus he cannot be the GOAT

Attached: image.png (619x442, 284K)

I don't see why Cryuff doesn't get the respect he deserves, there are two eras for football, pre and post Cryuff

*dabs at the world*

Attached: dab.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

Cryuff as a footballer for me was top 5. But I really think he contributed more to the tactics/development of the sport than actually playing it. I'm not sure he was the most naturally athletic/gifted player, but he was without a doubt the most intelligent footballer. The greatest mind to ever play the sport without a doubt.

Pele wouldnt be an elite player if he played today.

>I'm not sure he was the most naturally athletic/gifted player, but he was without a doubt the most intelligent footballer. The greatest mind to ever play the sport without a doubt.
Aye, he approached the game like a professor

These comparisons are dumb as shit.
Systems and formations, athletes, skill levels, it all evolves with time.

You can compare how good they were to their era, but not really in general.

If Messi or Ronaldo went back in time he would double everything Maradona ever did, and triple everything pele ever did.

this

If Maradona/Pele had access to the same training methods and coaches as Messi/Ronaldo they would slam everyone today, it works both ways dumbass

Yeah but they didn't

If you took maradroga/poople and put them in the current era, most teams would walk over them. Play is just more refined and intelligent nowadays

This

How common was for south american players to play in european club football at the time tho

Excuse me?

Attached: 25B305E6-1036-437D-896F-A8CB8FA01854.jpg (980x552, 118K)

Indeed, but you can't hypothetically transpose two recent players allowing them to keep all the benefits of their era and then deny those benefits to the older players else it's just a pointless comparison

Even if you brought prime maradona/Pele to the present, they wouldn't do as well as ronaldo/Messi to the past

I don't know, Pelé was a physical freak - I bet he could hack it in the PL