At what point did F1 lose its soul?

At what point did F1 lose its soul?

Attached: RGP-2018-ROLEX-F1-GP-Sat-a94w9601.jpg (1200x800, 557K)

when schumi lost his body
the two combined were the essence of formula 1 as we knew it

Schumacher was the bandwagoner's choice
Not that you toddlers would know since you just pretend to have been alive/not in diapers back then

Watch MotoGP instead.

Since grid girls were banned

atleast you can see some talent there and not Rich Kids who compete against other rich Kids to see hows the best at drifting their "auto-pilot" vehicles.

Pic Related, probably the only respect worthy driver thats come out from this self -waking game.

Attached: 171115114050-ayrton-senna-face-shot-at-mclaren-exlarge-169.jpg (780x438, 38K)

Be careful, you'll trigger the contrarian retards aka prostfags

After 09 rule changes

Schumacher drove until 2012

His second go around doesn't count. No child started watching him then and became a fan

t. 22 year old art student who just watched the Netfilx doc

well i am 26, and it has never been fun in my lifetime, so why people still bother is beyond me

>dies driving car

great car driver you got there

more like soon to be 39 year old who was a cancerous schumacher fanboy
imagine being a seething faggot over drivers now and unironically being a claiming schumacher wasn't the faggot's choice

>At what point did F1 lose its soul?

The minute Santander sent Kimi on a sabbatical to replace him with Alonso.

when they went to v6 turbos and every other track is designed or modified by hermann tilke

Absolutely this.

I never was a Schumacher fan when I was young and hated the hype around him watching RTL (I generally supported drivers who weren't blessed with success).

In hindsight he was was the best driver on the grid almost all of his active years and now that he is a veggie I see no point in trashing him or his fans.

Schumacher was based but years of total dominance bring the worst kind of fans and following soul loss

I watched like 1 race 10 years ago that was actually exciting,. I was also high as a kite tho so maybe it was just that

>ferrari didn't have the best car with only a tiny gap where mclaren got their shit together for two seasons
If you think it's boring now, watching then was cancer, but all the little fags want to suck his dick now like they suck others they never watched

>*slips into a rock head first*
Nothin personnel, kid

the reason I put Schumacher above his 'rivals' is that they had shit seasons where Schumacher didn't (return excluded, you said it yourself)

Hakkinen might have rivaled him but he dropped off to early, Alonso had 2012 but also seasons like 2004 or 2007

Easy when you have the far superior vehicle, I used to sit watching the entire race despite that car being so far ahead in the race where it was pointless, but kids are bandwagoners so there I was

you are missing the point
when Schumacher wasn't winning he was still much quicker than his teammates

here in germany I remember more people rooting for häkkinen in their direct duels back in the day. schumacher was more like the bayern of f1. this only changed later on.

the "OG F1 fan" probably rooted for Hakkinen, those you'd see on forums nowadays
most still rooted for Schumacher

gimi

Did it ever have a soul to lose in the first place?

f1 has always been bad
t. boomer

>muh senna
Not even the best driver of his era

When Mercedeswinslol begins

Based Rajeesh

It's because there is a curve to success.
When you first begin to win suddenly people love you.
Then you keep winning and you reach legend tier, everyone worship you.
Then you win some more and that's when people begin to be annoyed and then hope for your demise because you make the whole thing boring.
Happened to Schumacher, happend to Vettel and now is happening to Hamilton.

this

Yeah Mansell was better

When soulless constructors with no ambition other than making profit out of the competition were let in as team owners (Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Ford disguised as Jaguar) instead of letting them supply only the engines; as FIA began to show confidential treatments for these big names regulations wise, plucky smaller teams in the long run who couldn't keep up with the spending spree left the sport for good.
Other turning points were Senna's death, which triggered the safety obsession we still hear about that ultimately lead to ugly race tracks and abhorrent cars with no aesthetic quality, engine formulas progressively getting worse and worse over the years and most importantly the sole tyre manufacturer regime.

Attached: http___com.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.jpg (700x394, 25K)

100% this. The cars got uglier and the racing looked devoid of "something". I think racing in general is dead. Technology has taken the unknown factor out of racing and reduced the advantages of skilled and I intuitive drivers. The same has happened in motion. People think motogp has great talent now then ever before, but the reality is that electronics are the greater factor now.

hybrid era

jesus how is kimi so wide??

2014 was the final nail in the coffin
ferrari domination was nowhere close to present day merc domination. look at the point margins. ferrari had competition

Attached: 8A13539B-6B2E-4E87-8383-DAC7BE7301CF.jpg (949x590, 82K)

Reposting from before:

>MercedesWinsLOL literally every single race
>Mercedes being completely SOULLESS with absolutely no character or charm to speak of
>Every new driver being an early 20 something poof with no personality or bottle (except Verstappen)
>Mid-table shitters who compete for 4 seasons then quit the sport, rinse and repeat
>V6's that sound like a Dyson vacuum cleaner
>No refuelling
>Instead of risky overtaking just wait for the DRS zone and sail by artificially
>No tobacco sponsorship
>Costs to run a team are stupidly expensive
>New circuits that are complete dogshit in boring places with no deterrents that punish drivers
>Every personality in the sport going from once being rugged/charismatic/masculine/charming to all being complete wetwipes
>Half the race spent watching the best drivers on the planet 'conserve their tyres'
>Most talented driver in the sport leaves out of boredom
>McLel a complete shit
>Williams a complete shit
>Ferrari completely incompetent

Mclel are decent now though

obviously not F1 but did you see the shenangians that went into them missing the Indy 500? I've lost all respect for them as an organization for that clown show

the reliability of the cars is too good now. most races nowadays only have like 1 or 2 cars retire at most. in the past (not even super long ago, maybe like 10 years ago) it was common for like 5+ cars to retire from reliability issues and one of the slower teams could sneak into the points every once in a while.
also the camera people/directors are really terrible too. last race in spain they focused more on the mercs driving around on easy mode, when there were clearly drivers racing in the middle of the pack that they didnt bother showing.

Heh

Attached: Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-22 um 23.33.21.png (728x822, 149K)

Attached: F1-logos-01.jpg (700x420, 39K)

hello which thread is the right one?

In late 90's and early 2000's when major car manufacturers got involved directly.

Attached: 1551145896539.jpg (675x601, 63K)