Jesus Christ bongs. Denmark isnt even good

Jesus Christ bongs. Denmark isnt even good

Attached: SmartSelect_20190514-163239_Instagram.jpg (1080x1065, 326K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LtBWF-0mMqA
youtube.com/watch?v=hLKtnZJWdU4
youtube.com/watch?v=TdI-UYt3y-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never worn skates in my life

Never worn skates in my life

Neither did most of Denmark

s-shut up

Attached: 1552930160044.jpg (700x700, 68K)

>Never worn skates in my life

Why does the IIHF refer to them as Great Britain? That's the only sport where I've seen this happen. Do they not allow them to include Northern Irish players?

What sport?

>Ice Hockey World Championship

Attached: 1556998435852.gif (200x187, 522K)

looks like someone got btfo more than us

Attached: eh.png (541x968, 49K)

Do we have enough people interested to make up a team or do we just employ Canadians with a tenuous connection?

Didn't even know ice rinks existed over here, never worn skates in my life

are you fucking blind?

I can't afford a skating licence desu

Bloody hell GBR you better get your skates on

>he doesn't know Tony Hand

Absolutely elite lad

>w-we dont care

COPE

for some sports Ireland and Northen Ireland compete together, might be the same in ice hockey

We literally, unironically don't. I honestly wish we did, because ice hockey seems like a pretty cool sport, but we don't. Not even a little bit. Not even one iota. I didn't even know we had a team, tbqhwy.

embarrassing desu. how can i get into this sport, where can i find some ice?

Denmark confirmed better than Canada

Attached: D6ZMtwwWsAA2HhY.jpg (1080x1080, 108K)

Could be worst tho, at least they are not Italy

I think I remember taking a girlfriend ince skating in Blackburn when I was about 14, other than that skating always seemed a bit gay to me.

why did britian seem not shit for a game and then give up

ya i was going to say this, I literally could put my male family members in skates and we would beat them 50-0

You bongs saying you dont care do realize that ice hockey is just as unpopular in Denmark right?

>GBR are lowest ranked team in the competition
>they're getting bummed every match
and Yea Forums is surprised?

Poor Paul

getting beat down by denmark is pitiful
even the khazaks, belarus, and slovaks can beat them when they qualify

I don't know enough about Ice Hockey to know where its popular or not apart from Canada the US and Russia

Ice hockey is big in Sheffield and other places in UK desu. It's just easier to pay 7th tier Canadian rejects to play in EIHL than develop our own youth. It's a deadlocks lmao

Do they not have ice in bongland

Britain has a hockey league

Attached: eihl map.jpg (244x207, 13K)

this desu
last year the stadiums were fully empty
this year they are reasonably full.

just got that

Bongs are too pussy for the cold

We were born in the cold.

>Guildford Flames
>logo is blatantly plagiarised from Calgary
Jesus christ if you're gonna steal their name don't also steal the whole logo, try to be a bit subtle

I don't know where its popular, Denmark is near all them other cunts that play snow shit

But Denmark isn't as Cold as the other Nordic countries nor has it the Landscape for Wintersports.

I'm going to choose not to remember this so I can continue my beliefs

There are no ice rinks in the Republic anymore

Thought this was football for a second and was actually shocked, then I realised it was ice hockey and do not care.

Lol who cares about ice hockey

Attached: 1456869692814.jpg (601x508, 94K)

how are they a Div 1 team when they're this bad?

We don't even have any ice or hockeys in this country.

We're a bingo playing nation anyway

I think people from Calgary would just be happy someone cared enough to copy us

Attached: ocritsu.jpg (512x512, 110K)

This is their first year in D1

Im honestly heartbroken

Redpill me on Calgary, what happens there?

It's Canada's oil capital, which makes it incredibly on the price of oil and leads to a harsh boom-and-bust cycle. Also one of Canada's fastest growing despite the currently shit economic conditions. It's alright, there's enough to do and your close to the mountains if your into that hiking and skiing stuff.

Yes Genius, it's because they have some sort of partnership deal.

cannot believe my beloved ice hockeyers have let me down again lads, the red tops told me hockey was coming home

baz from the pub said these embarrassments never shoot a puck again and i agree

doesn't mention a partnership deal on wikipedia

also their uniforms are an unholy abomination

Attached: Guildfordflamesjerseyssmall.gif (299x123, 4K)

And yet we’ve still got more Olympic gold medals in this sport than Finland

Field hockey is massive compared to ice hockey here. It is never cold enough here for ice to freeze lakes or rivers

>Want to play Ice Hockey
>Live in Bournemouth
>Nearest rink is in fucking Basingstoke

The team of Great Britain is the International Team run by the UK Governing Body of Ice Hockey. Great Britain is used so people in Northern Ireland can decide to either play for Republic of Ireland (South Island) or play for Great Britain (UK). For all intents and purposes, a GB team is a UK team. We also do the same for Olympics.

And neither are we. This is our first time back in the 'elite' division in like 30 years. Ice Hockey has next to no funding here. I played Field Hockey as a kid and teen because ice hockey wasn't available. There was no coaches, no funds. Literally field hockey (or hockey as it is known here) is literally more popular and funded than ice hockey. It sucks. I so wanted to play ice hockey. I turned to to 194cm tall as well so I'd have been OK as well. The sport needs major investment over the next 30 years to prevent this embarrassment happening again (which it will anyway). In UK it goes like this
Football > Rugby > Cricket > Tennis > Golf. In teams of team sports. Of course it depends on your height and shit and to a degree also your race and county of origin, but in reality that is how it goes. Hell, I'd argue basketball or American Football is more popular than ice hockey, or at least not that far apart. The vast majority of our ice hockey players are Canadians and Yanks, with the odd Scandinavian in it.

WTF BROS??? i thought there was snow and ice in bongland???

This. See and even if there is a nearby rink, there is no guarantee it is up to code, laid out for ice hockey OR there is a fucking team with funding able to run it. The game is just not funded enough here. UK used to be shit at Olympics until we got funded, so give ice hockey some funds and we could get up there. We invented the fucking thing (sorry Canadians, even if you use your history of the sport, it was invented by British soldiers stationed there, irrelevant as ice hockey was played earlier in London) but it is yet another in the long line of sports we invent and then get good at playing them badly.

Field hockey is better. Short corners made me shit bricks

It hasn't snowed here this winter

No we just get rain and freezing cold winds

Eh. Most people consider it a girls sport. I won two gold medals, a south of england tournament silver (gold winners cheated and the officials knew that but whatever) and club gave me an oustanding defender award. I rarely actually did defending as we had quality players further up the pitch but, eh, there we go.

Field hockey is just soccer with brooms and no offside
Literally what is the point

tfw live in a small irrelevant town and have an ice rink 3 kms from my house

Attached: 123645849873210.png (604x516, 88K)

it snowed where I am

At least it ain't clunky as fuck like Ice hockey

I guess you would think that since you've only ever seen your complete shit national team play
The fact that your squad got promoted into this group is a travesty, even shithole countries like Kazakhstan would've put up a better effort.

Na I didn't watch shit. Anyone from here that watches this 'sport' is a poofter

It's really sad to see them lose like this especially after watching this youtube.com/watch?v=LtBWF-0mMqA

soccer

based

Ngubu play well did he?

Attached: k2odi675xii21.jpg (810x713, 78K)

What's Team GB (Team Great Britain) in the fucking Olympics. What a clown.

You could at least explain the rules of this sport to us so we stand a chance

Making fun of them for being bad at ice hockey is like making fun of >our rugby team. It's an accomplishment that they're even at the top level of the competition.

damn you for making me defend bongs

Attached: england_stronk.jpg (625x352, 68K)

>English goalkeeping

OH NONONO
it just keeps on happening, poor brits give them a break.

How many goals are we gonna drop on them tomorrow when we play them?

Attached: 4cd360f3159d29be35fec3934f667530.jpg (564x598, 79K)

6-1 final, with GB's goalie standing on his head for like 50 saves

>meanwhile in the only hockey variety that matters
youtube.com/watch?v=hLKtnZJWdU4
get on our levels, mutt. lmao

Attached: 1529440769862.png (1053x1080, 362K)

Depends on how many of your players are Spanish and French :^)

Thank you Ameribro. The sport isn't even being covered by the news. You gotta go deep into the BBC Sport section to find it. People aren't even aware there is a team, let alone we were once Olympic Gold Winners of the sport.

>Jeeby concede 20, score 1
>Italy concede 20, score 0

Feels good not being the worst.

It's a good team for autists, they play in a sports centre that is unironically called "the spectrum".

To be fair, tickets are only 6 squid and there are no decent footie teams nearby so it's not a bad day out.

6 squids sounds like it takes an awful long time to catch

We're saving ourselves for the France game, win that and we can lift the 7th Place Trophy

It's not even popular in the USA outside like two states. It's in the same spot as soccer everywhere else, where we all know it exists but no one gives a shit about it.

Get it together, GB. Canada is better at your national sports (they've won World Titles) than you are at theirs, making them the superior sporting nation right now.

The national sports I'm talking about are of course darts and snooker.

Generally people from NI can choose to play for either GB or Ireland if applicable.

I remember in one version of NHL the great britain international team had a black guy on it, I forget his name but that must be the most based guy in the UK

fingered a girl at ice rink once

youtube.com/watch?v=TdI-UYt3y-4

playing against uber drivers and substitute teachers

>but cant skate

Attached: 1511674783232s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

>Great British team sport
Do you need a bigger hint we don't give a shit about a sport?

For me, it's the Fife Flyers

Reminder that Germany is unironically decent at ice hockey. Defend that Bongland

We've won world titles in their national sport too.

Have Germany won an Olympic gold medal like Great Britain though? No.

Heh losers

all scandinavians skate to work over fjords and tundras

never worn skates in me life

>tundras
nibba 80% of the country is a giant forest

meet me and fight me in boscombe

>6-3

Good score desu, just got to beat the French that's all.

Proud of the boys

It keeps the Astro clean for the 5-a-side

it's a shame ice hockey isnt more popular here it's a quality sport

meet at the end of boscombe pier at 8.

big congrats on not getting totally btfo by the USA