Would prime Jordan still be competitive today? given the skill level today compared to the 90's( curry lebron KD etc)

Would prime Jordan still be competitive today? given the skill level today compared to the 90's( curry lebron KD etc)

Attached: download.jpg (259x195, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NLv2F33snCE
youtu.be/YbaqbclM08c
youtu.be/4fSlLdXNzPw
youtu.be/Bi9C2kAhezc
youtube.com/watch?v=AnImo2SEJ7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He'd be a poor man's DeRozan

we don't speak of that man

>Would prime Jordan still be competitive today? given the skill level today compared to the 90's( curry lebron KD etc)
He'd exactly be Kawhi

DeRozan.

Michael just remember when you played they changed all the rules to make it easier for you to dominate. When I played they changed all the rules to make it harder for me

Attached: 1997-Wilt-Chamberlain-Michael-Jordan.jpg (1380x910, 224K)

he'd be the best player in the league by a large margin

Depends, If LeBron played for Chuck's Pistons today, no.

I think hed be a slightly worse Kawhi

he'd dominate. slightly worse kawhi lol god damn zoomers

Kawhi weighs 40 lbs more than MJ. He'd be more like Westbrook.

what skill level? I see all stars missing layups and wide open shots all the fucking time, just standing around off the ball, staying a foot or two away from the man they are defending for fear of getting beat off the dribble. Pathetic. The only thing improved is athleticism

They'll change the rules again for him to make sure he wins

>couldn't do shit in 80s
>couldn't beat prime pistons in the 90s
>had to wait for a fucking nike promo to shake up the nba in his favor
>dominate
lmao, unless he pulled out a Durant or Lebron move by joining a contending team, he wouldn't do shit today

Is he coming alone? Because there's no such thing as a competitive Jordan without Pippen.

>mexico

Checked, but
>leaf

He's right, you fell for ESPN talking heads and marketing and you thought you had a learned opinion on the sport.

think you should go back to your futbol friendo

his peak was in the 80s though..

If he has the support of the nba sponsors then he will dominate.
He already has the talent so it would be easy, no need to hype him up or juice up.

Attached: BACNE roid efx.jpg (576x432, 48K)

and you should go back to china

funny because all the mexican chicas i know lust after guys like me. Soon you will be speaking mandarin

Cnadians are chinks, women are whores and Jordan is overhyped. Any other news?
High IQ post.
I agree, still couldn't carry the Bulls beyond the playoffs. Which is more than most players can do for their respective teams. Still, overhyped.

while you're talking about hype, we're talking about skill level like the OP asked

Space Jam would definitely be worse.

I questioned his dominance without a contending team. I'm aware of his talent.

>I questioned his dominance without a contending team
well he was individually dominant almost from the start. It is a team sport, and anyone in the GOAT discussion is proof that you can't do it alone.

a player is not a fixed quantity. he is a product of his own desire to dominate, relative to the era he is in, and the competition and other players he is competing with in that era. jordan wanted to be the best of all time, and in his time, he succeeded. the only constant is his desire, not his talent or skill. his desire to be the greatest of all time, would not change if he was in a different era. he used everything at his disposal in the 90s to dominate all of the competition. there's no reason to believe he would not do the same today. he would not cut any corners. he would even change his style of play if he knew that it would help him. he just wanted to be the best, period. he would find a way to be the best in any era.

We wouldn't be asking ourselves if he dominated today if it weren't for the championships. Lots of players dominated individually through different eras yet we don't see us questioning the same thing.
If you think that by himself he would dominate this era judging by his skillset in the 80s? It would really depend on where he landed, could just be a role player, could be a constant all star, could be a multiple nba champion. NBA has changed a lot, not just with the rules and enforcement. It has never been this much of a business as of now.

/thread
/mj dickriders

He'd just be a Jaylen Brown without the Ph.D.

He'd be like McCallum but with Kawhi's defense

Wilt could literally offensive goaltend. Any big would average double figures in boards and pts. He could also do other things that were just silly like sitting in the paint and other stupid shit.

Attached: 1467720559586.webm (850x478, 2.72M)

>bostonfags actually think this

The wall just got 10 feet taller.

this actually made me laugh. gj

Attached: 1553826233060.jpg (1080x1080, 135K)

Competitive? Yes, of course, the man was raw skill

Dominant GOAT? No, the standards have gone up so much that he would have plenty of competition

Nah. Someone like Kevin Durant, a 7 footer who can do everything including shoot threes, is an absolute freak of nature. MJ would be an all-star caliber player but not the goat.

LeBron in MJ's era would be considered the greatest player of all time and there would be no discussion. Not being able to play zone D against LeBron means he'd absolutely cuck everybody 1v1 like MJ used to do only much harder because he can bully anybody and pass out of any situation better than MJ. MJ would also not be as good of a defender in the zone because he'd keep getting switched onto guys he couldn't guard. MJ would basically be like Louis Williams or some shit. LeBron is basically MJ + Magic in one body. Anybody who doesn't realize how big of an impact zone defense has made on the individual ability to display talent like MJ had simply has never played a real basketball game in their life.

Attached: 1527461946171.jpg (600x680, 35K)

That was one of the rules that they passed though right? One of the ones that was talking about with
>When I played they changed all the rules to make it harder for me

Lol

also MJ was like a 30% three-point shooter on low volume. He'd be shit in todays era.

He'd be an unclutch Kawhii.
The game developed so much is ridiculous

>he thinks theres a wall being built
could see your point if the poster was from palestine but nah

Attached: 1551385813141.gif (474x357, 666K)

it's the same problem with comparing anybody across eras: Are we just dropping him in the modern era or are we assuming he grew up in the modern time? If you drop MJ in the modern era, you have a guard sho shoots 30% from 3 and can't play zone D. So he sucks. If you had him born in the 90s and grow up to get drafted in the modern era, he'd be elite. But not the "undisputed GOAT" that people think he is, he was lucky to be in the time he was and on the team he was. LeBron in the 90s on that Bulls team would be the GOAT. Same with Wilt.
he couldn't even have a winning season until he was like 26. The only reason people like to say he was clearly above Lebron/Wilt is "MUH RINGZ!" and he didn't get any rings until after the Pistons and Larry Bird were done.

Attached: Wilt and Bob Lanier.jpg (779x1280, 197K)

>The only reason people like to say he was clearly above Lebron/Wilt is "MUH RINGZ!

Nah, MJ stats are some next level shit. It was in a weakers era, granted, but still impressive and probably impossible to replicate.

but Wilt and LeBron also have next level stats. You can't say MJ is inarguably the GOAT based on stats. Only rings, which are based on him playing in the perfect era for his skills and on the perfect team with the perfect coach against weak teams.

Attached: 20000.jpg (336x397, 24K)

>could tough-as-nails players from the 90's compete with the soft-ass bitch made niggas in todays era
seriously fuck off with this zoomer tier horseshit

>lebron has next level stats

Attached: IMG_5326.jpg (640x640, 119K)

>all against perhaps the greatest squad ever
yeah, i'm thinkin he's the GOAT

pic-related are all the players who have averaged at least 27-7-7 for an entire season.
Lebron is also closing in on Magic for most postseason triple-doubles. He also has the most 40-point triple doubles in playoff history, and like 1/3 of all 40-7-7 games in playoff history and twice as much as anybody else.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-13 21-06-15.png (122x461, 10K)

>Lebron is also closing in on Magic for most postseason triple-doubles
>already
He's ALREADY played more seasons than Magic did. How long does this "GOAT" need to match Magic's record?

okay then just focus on the rest of my post. How many 27-7-7 seasons did Magic have? How many 40-7-7 games did he have? How many 40-point trip-dubs?

Lol Lebron wouldnt be able to deal with the physicality of the 90s. He can barely handle it in todays game.

Magic averaged 20-11-7 over the course of his career. That is statistically more impressive than Lebron's 27-7-7. And after that you have to factor in the fact that he was a better leader and serial champion.

>Lebron wouldnt be able to deal with the physicality of the 90s
yes I'm sure LeBron could not have handled the skelly small forwards of the 90s

Attached: lebron-james-miami-heat-teammates-lebron-james-28-and-dwyane-wade-JWY6DW.jpg (877x1390, 103K)

>20-11-7
>not 20-7-11
>he doesn't even know how points-rebounds-assts are written but he thinks we care about his third-world opinion on sports

Lol his size has nothing to do with how soft he is retard

Lol, jesus man.
youtu.be/NLv2F33snCE
Lebron would shit himself.

yes and hed be a better defender than curry

Kawhi has like 6 % better percentage from 3p. He'd be a lot worse than Kawhi. Too one dimensional.

>implying he wouldn’t cry like a bitch when Laimbeer pushed his shit in on a drive or shit his pants when Larry stays in his ear all game, let alone Jordan
He might be the most physically dominant specimen weve ever seen in the NBA but he will always be a mental midget choker

basketball is tougher these days look at any old video ,they prance around like fairies and thier kits are a joke. Back then it was more about promoting the sport then raw competition

It's not about the grit nowdays, it's about skill. If it was about grit, the tough but not so skilled guys would dominate the league. But instead it's Curry and Harden instead of Butler and Draymond.

There's more money and more competition involved nowdays. Tough as nails ppl would just move from rugby to basketball to get easy pay checks, if it were about that.

Lebron would have a much easier time with Pistons than Jordan did. If you know anything about basketball (you don't), you'd notice that this type of defense works great agains iso-heavy style that young Jordan employed. They thrived on his ball dominance and moderate playmaking capabilities; Lebron's court vision makes him instantly a better fit when it comes to overcoming this type of playstyle, not to mention his physicality.

Take a look at how poorly basketball was played back then. The Pistons constantly swarm Jordan and every time at least 2 Bulls players are completely alone. Thing is, Jordan is a shit playmaker and it's the 80s so three pointer is an esoteric shot that only PG and SGs can take. Hell, if an SF hit a three pointer they'd call him the most versatile man alive.

Imagine what GSW would do to these Pistons with their floor spacing capabilities; it would be +40. The only player that would get ruined by them is Harden; then again this type of basketball got eradicated for a reason, only braindead sadists love seeing retards like Laimbeer and Mahorn try to injure actual basketball players.

Everyone praising Bad Boy Pistons in any way deserves a permaban. Nobody ever talks about Wallace era Pistons who actually played excellent team basketball and exposed Kobe and Shaq era Lakers.

That's a great way of ignoring the post.

If we assume assists are all worth 2 points, then Magic's 11 assists add up to 22 points per game while LeBron's 7 assist are only 14 points per game. Add that on their averages, 20 for Magic and 27 for Lebron, and we come to a tally of 42 point contributions for Magic and 41 for Lebron.

So we can already see that Magic contributed to more points per game than LeBron, and now we can also consider that he did it while averaging less minutes per game and while being a more efficient shooter. Again, all this is true before you even consider how great of a leader he was, leading the Laker's dynasty.

Attached: 100.jpg (2048x899, 385K)

So Jordan having nobody his era to pass to as his gravity pulls 3-4 people means he was bad. Jesus you are a zoomer faggot.

Also, shit playmaker
youtu.be/YbaqbclM08c
You never watched Jordan

Michael Jordan is a psychopathic bum. He dominated during a notoriously weak period of the NBA (post-Bird and Magic, before Kobe). His nemesis was Clyde Drexler. He faced teams full of absolute nobodies with the sole exception of the Utah Jazz (Stockton definitely got the better of him). He had to rely on an incredible supporting cast throughout his career which included Rodman, Pip, Kukoc, Grant and Kerr. He was given the benefit of the doubt on every single play he was involved in. Referees were explicitly told not to call fouls on Jordan. That is a fact. And it makes sense considering he was the face of the NBA and the most massively-marketed athlete of all time.

And I guess that's the reason we have to deal with all of these Jordan shills. Because of Space Jam and Hane's commercials and all of the other "Be like Mike" nonsense. Couple that with the racist hatred that Lebron gets for his social activism and it's no wonder we get these stupid posts. Lebron James literally built a school for poor black children while Michael Jordan was building private prisons used to cage black people. Get fucking real even trying to compare these two guys. There's a reason that Lebron is considered the GOAT on and off the court. He carried teams, often with little to no support. And he did it against elite opposition. Something that Jordan wouldn't be all that familiar with. I don't give an athlete points for going off to play baseball when things get tough.

Lebron gets fouled every time he drives towards the hoop but he's so strong and stoic in his reaction to the hits that these stupid refs miss it. It's also worth noting that Lebron is the greatest high school player of all time while Jordan was irrelevant in high school. If Lebron had played college ball then he would have surpassed Pete Maravich as the greatest college player of all time. But we'll never have that confirmation because he was so good he went straight to the NBA.

Zoomer detected.

>That's a great way of pointing out that I'm not a basketball fan
Yes it was
>If we assume some complete bullshit that isn't true then
I didn't bother to read the rest of your comment because you're wrong

youtu.be/4fSlLdXNzPw

Imagine actually thinking LeBron is a great player than Magic fucking Johnson lmfao

So, Kawhi then.

that's what a majority of experts think, actually. a ton of people have him over michael jordan who is obviously over magic johnson. larry bird is over magic johnson. you're lost in this discussion, leaf

>experts
You mean media brainwashing?

MJ was good not great

people ITT think being a contrarian means they know more than the average nba fan... retarded fucking zoomers

Lebron is "good" today because the refs dickride him harder than anybody and you're not allowed to breathe on him. MJ won six rings because they changed the rules and the refs dickrode him harder than anybody and you weren't allowed to breathe on him. If MJ and Lebron played in the same era, whichever of them sells the most shoes for the NBA would be (((made))) into the GOAT.

>nobody is allowed to think critically in the past in spite of huge evidence contrary to the dominant narrative
>if you offend the narrative I've been conditioned to believe, you are a zoomer contrarian
nice

>thinking critically
lol Jordan wasn’t a 3 point shooter, he’d never make it today!!1!
>rejecting brainwashed narrative
look at me I’m so smart!!! I don’t even think Jordan was good, that’s how smart I am, look at me! give me attention!

You can get bacne naturally.

nice pasta

i don't think you realize how psycho competitive jordan was. doesn't matter what era he would have found a way to win. its memechuck league? ok he's working non stop on his 3's instead of that turn around j in the post. no hand checking and fouling on any contact on the shot? ok he'd work to make harden look like nothing when it comes to exploiting the refs. this dude literally slept like 3 hours a day

This.

He wouldn't be nearly as good (obviously) but he'd still be a starter on most lottery teams and probably a few playoff teams too

>On the biggest possession of the game, Mugsy had the ball with the Hornets down 1. Jordan backed off of him and told him: ‘shoot it you f***ing midget.’ Mugsy shot it, didn’t come close. A year later Mugsy actually told Johnny Bach that he believes that single play ruined his career. His shot never recovered

>20,000
That's the number of women he fucked, right?

Dude fucked a lot of women but there's no doubt he's severely exaggerating it all

/thread

>He might be the most physically dominant specimen weve ever seen in the NBA but he will always be a mental midget choker
Talk about an absolute mindfuck of a life. I can justify not being an NBA star because I'm a slow white guy. But with James' physical gifts and the league rigged in his favor the only reason for him not to win is...him.

What a curse.

Hed be jimmy butler teir

just drop 90s Jordan in today, he would be top 3
if he adjusted his game to how it’s played currently, he would be unequivocally the best

But Maravich was a way better fucking ball handler than Jordan ever was or will be.

>You can't say MJ is inarguably the GOAT based on stats.
30 points per game as a career average.
Name someone with a better ppg

Jordan would be playing in Turkey in today's game

He was the best in the hand check physical assault defense era, I'm sure he'd average 50 a game in today's NBA

He would be fantastic and an elite player that is constantly in contention for best player in the world for most of his career. But he absolutely, positively, would NOT win the rings that he did in his era. It simply is not possible any more. 1 player can't carry a team in today's NBA the way they could then. The game is completely different. Help/Illegal defense rules allowing players to 1on1 easily, no switching, the more physical game benefited Jordan because he was supremely athletic. People say guys like LeBron would be hurt going back to that style, but the super athletes benefit from physical play. The same reason moving the 3 point line out makes Curry more OP, not less, but dumbasses don't understand that. Imagine LeBron being free to just iso on 1 dude every trip down the floor with no interference from another player. He'd be completely unstoppable, as would a ton of guys in the league today. Go back and watch old Jordan Bulls games and see little movement and how switching/doubling/off ball movement barely exists compared to today.

Jordan is like Gretzky or Babe Ruth to me. He was the right player at the right time in the sport. He's an all timer for sure, and deserves everything he got, but if he played in a different era (modern team-ball NBA, modern low scoring hockey, non-live ball era baseball) their accomplishments wouldn't have been so absurd compared to their peers. Would they still be GOATs? Maybe. But it wouldn't be a cut and dried thing.

Wait. Jordan? The guy who regularly averaged over 32-35 points per game and holds the NBA record for highest career points per game will struggle when he was a slasher/dunker/high flier and able to finish with contact in a NBA who's every player's PPG has been increased. And people compare him to Kawhi who has none of the physical and driving capabilities?

Even with Zone defense, he can rely on getting to the rim if his mid range is taken away. And do people really forget that when the 3 point line was shortened, the Bulls were one of the most dominant 3 point shooting teams those years so much so that they had a 72 win season. And Bulls were more than capable of playing small ball as their primary scoring threat wasn't a big.

He also played in the 80s which had a higher pace than today's NBA

Damn. Even I know this much.

He'd be kicked out the league for being too mean.

He would dominate easily by the sheer power of his competitive mind

>27-7-7
Is there some greater meaning to those numbers?
Why not 31-5-8?

lebron prob has them too tbqh

Wait.
>Perfect team
>Perfect coach

Bulls played with a small ball lineup essentially with no primary scoring big
The centers were:
Bill Cartwright
Luc Longley

In an era rife with dominant bigs and the 2 NBA titles in Jordan's Baseball years went to Houston with Hakeem after Jordan's retirement, Spurs Duncan, Lakers Shaq, Miami's Shaq, Lakers with Pau etc etc.

Jordan played the original small ball and won with a scoring backcourt (SG/SF) which wasn't repeated until Miami/GSW and put up insane numbers.

Jordan's scoring stats eclipses Lebron's and his style worked in the playoffs.

Doing forget that Jordan's career stats were deflated by taking 2 years off and coming back at age 39 and 40. 2 seasons where he scored 10 points per game less and did a little less in the rest of his categories, while playing with absolute trash players.
It's almost as if Jordan was insanely good and he just needed half competent people to play with so triple teaming him wasn't a viable strategy.

I hate zoomers. He’d be the best player in the league. It would be him and Durant fighting for that number 1 spot

youtu.be/Bi9C2kAhezc
>be best finisher of drives in game history
>and1 with contact only rivaled by DWade
>some ridiculous fucking moves that only guy with your verticality & agility can do
>kawhi dad dicks best east in years with none of that, with much weaker midrange&shot creation and only advantage being 3pt shooting, which jordan would neglect with giannis tier FTA numbers
>zoomers who don't even watch highlights and don't see the difference in movement: "he be worse kawhi"
ok, and my favorite
>nobody give a fuck if starbury average 50 in CBA (Wilt average 50 in old nba)
>but muh lebitch avg 27-7-7 in lEast (aka major euroleague CBA)
>literally two tanking teams every year, which shows by lebeta 228-225 record vs top8 teams of particular season
>spent career farming muh paper legacy stats on bums
>his most common playoff opponent is defrozen, josh smith etc
>anytime these "all stars" make it in the west they got btfo by kobe as easily
>nikola jokic at 23/24 TRIPLE DOUBLES these bitches with 31/16/12.5
>lequeen spent CAREER 4-0 shit like that and accumulating his stats
>shills/zoomers: "have you seen his records?"
Have you seen his opponent's SF finals MVP/stats? Have you seen him hiding from Kawhi in bench units? Have you seen him try to score 2 pts in 4q of finals? Show 1 (ONE) example of MJ doing that.

Attached: kobr.png (300x100, 46K)

Back when Shaq gave a shit.

naw, the thing about Jordan is that he was a locker-room cancer - but in a different era, so it worked out better for the team.

He used to beat the crap out of team-mates, many of whom could have killed him but they knew he was 'the franchise', so they couldn't touch him.
Obviously, Jordan knew that, too, which is why he did what he did.

These days his sour personality and physical abuse would have a entirely different outcome - a very negative one.

>Also: David Falk and David Stern were changing rules and remaking the entire league around Jordan.
Their whole thing was to make him bigger than the game, which enriched them both, and Jordan, too.
That effectively ruined the sport, giving birth to the Iversons and D'Angelo Russells and Tracy McGradys and DeMarcus Cousins and to many others to name.

bron would truck lamebeer's ass all day
he has like 20+ pounds on him

lebron actually is on the low side of star players getting fouls called per drive

>Michael Jordan was building private prisons used to cage black people
ABSOLUTELY BASED

I live the two athletes but if we take the human accomplishments into the equation, it's true Lebron'story is the best and he is the overall GOAT.

MJ will always stays in the memory of the kids who grew up in the fabulous era that was the 90's, I will always love MJ vecause he is a part if my childhood and He made basketball famous worldwide

Attached: IMG_8825.jpg (1080x1920, 213K)

Craig Ehlo would shut down LeBron rather easily despite being 40 or so pounds lighter.
Slow white guy made his living at being the best hand-checker in the league. Upper body strength was outrageous.
Once the NBA made hand-checking illegal, LeBron started making the playoffs.
LeFraud would shit in his shorts if he had to go against Mason, Oakley, yes, even John Stockton (Dirtiest player in history), Bird (Top 5 dirtiest player), Mahorn, Laimbeer, etc..
LeBron epitomizes the weakness and sensitivity of the entitled S-O-I Boy generation. He would of been the 8th man off the bench pre-1998 NBA.

Just imagine bros...LeBron AND Jordan in Space Jam 2.

Most nights, Lebron would of never made it 8 feet from the basket without some enforcer knocking him down once he reached the free throw line.
It took lanky athletic skinny guys or short hard to pin down quick guys to penetrate the lane.
LeBron's bulk would of made him an easy target because back then, hard fouls and controlling your territory was part of the defensive game.
Traveling rules are also relaxed today when driving to the lane.
The athletic meme is bullshit, the reason for that is because current refs are told to swallow their whistles more concerning extra steps or little shuffles.

I'm not crying, you are crying..

so fucking based, Jordan was an ultimate alpha.. he would dominate in any era thanks to his mental edge.

It's just a game if you can't take the banter go flip burgers at McDonalds

Truthfully kids are a lot better at basketball nowadays. I doubt Jordan would even make his high school team, much less play college ball. I see him as a possible arena security guard because of his height, if not that then maybe a team bus driver or a ticket scalper

based jordan cucking his own teammates
suck it up losers

LeBron is light years away from Jordan's superior mental and psychological state.
LeBrons plays in an era where big men are nerfed further because of NBA marketing and the need to assist these players who were coddled since 7th grade.
driving to the lane while taking 3-4 steps to the basket is allowed
Pushing off by the offensive player is allowed, Jordan's era went both ways, hand-checking and all that stuff

lel, they changed the rules so you couldn't handcheck him without sending him to the line, in the actual physical assault era he was destroyed by Bird and the Pistons and never won anything at all. This is the most backwards narrative, he's responsible for stars like Lebron being impossible to touch when they drive the lane.

But you weren't allowed to even play team defense back then

Goaltending should be legal. Fuck 120 point games.

The only post in this thread with any kind of sense. I fucking hate dirty beaners.

Hand-checking was modified in the mid-90s from bending the elbow (Holding the jersey if you did not get caught) to having to fully extend the arm (Which helped Jordan)
LeBron's during his playoff era did not allow hand checking at all
Bird should be hailed as one of the best because he had to deal with a league that was defensive centric.
Late 1970's had scores that resembled today's game because during the earlier part of the 1970s was filled with cocaine fueled brawls due to the hardcore defense the NBA allowed
Once Bird and Magic emerged the rules were tailored on a equal footing between offense and defense

In that regard, LeBron was nowhere near Jordan's intensity.
LeBron had to go trolling for titles while the league accommodated his every whim (Modifying free agency, salary cap stipulations, getting rid of handchecking, etc..)
Your premise is bullshit in the face of tangible variables

never understood these stupid hypotheticals

players should only be judged by how they excelled in their era. Players adapt to the era they are in.

Not to mention athletes today make so much money they can afford all the crazy shit to keep their body in peak performance along with the advances in medicine.

He would be about at Harrison Barnes' level. Better than complete trash but too awful to contribute to a team's success.

People forget how run and gun offenses are now. Jordan would shoot under 38% in this league.

Having Pippen/Rodman/Kerr as supports would be like having Kawhi/Drummond/Steph as your supports in today's NBA. A mid level player like Siakham in Jordan's place would've won the same or more titles.

>players should only be judged by how they excelled in their era.

To a certain extent, however, the 24 hour sports news cycle and the statistical analysis say differently.
In that regard, further analysis concerning rules and eras that were more restricted are required to produce counter-points. Without these restrictions enumerated, perspectives would be skewed.

What Lebron opponents emulated the Pistons, Knicks, Pacers, Magic, and Hornets in the Eastern Conference that had two solid All-Stars and role players like Rodman/Kerr dumbass?

based

fatass boomer americans will disagree bc jordan was their media 'god' but its all true

BTW, at the same time

Jordan was coddled, however, had to earn it once he entered the NBA.
The faggot's cock you are gagging on is clueless about the variables.
At that time you could grab a player's jersey and the ref would jus sayt fuck-off if you complaine
You know what that means faggot, three point specialists on the wing had a hell of a time getting open
LeBron would be caught in mid-air wondering what the fuck to do
LeBron is already a turnover machine, the 80's and 90's would just intensify make his decision making process a lot harder

No MJ wouldn't survive today with social media and cell phone cameras:
>Would be exposed for the degenerate gambler he is
>Would be exposed for the human piece of shit he really is
>Couldn't pull off his fake "family friendly" persona
>MJ would be hated and have to retire early

No way MJ could survive modern technology, he's a degenerate.

>all my knowledge of 80s basketball came from watching the 30 for 30 on the bad boy Pistons

youtube.com/watch?v=AnImo2SEJ7Y

No one's grabbing jerseys. There's no more contact than in today's game. If anything there's less because all the perimeter defenders are playing 5 feet off their man. You were free to take as many open 3 pointers as you wanted back then, but you'd get benched for doing so.

>LeChoker
>against the fucking pistons
I don't disagree with your bigger point, but LeChoke has quite a history of falling apart when the going gets tough.

>before Kobe
>Kobe ever the "dominant force in the NBA"
lel

Other than the top big men like Kareem, Wilt, and Russell who dominated on a level that has never ever been emulated, but it's not sexy to list them as "GOAT" even though they are, Bird is the GOAT, Oscar Robertson is also up there and if the three point line existed who knows what Jerry West, Big O, and Pistol Pete would have been. MJ and Lebron are both vastly overrated and were handed everything on a silver platter by refs and rule changes, MJ is still a top all time player but this notion that "MJ is the undisputed GOAT" that is almost as ingrained in people's heads as "the sky is blue" is purely a media creation.

>remember when every center in the NBA was 6'5 and you put up great numbers basically because you were 7+inches taller than everyone else