What's the difference between a striker and a centre-forward?

What's the difference between a striker and a centre-forward?

Attached: 0b5.png (741x609, 27K)

striker strikes
centre-forward goes in the center and forward

What is a false nine?

All strikers are center forwards, but not all center forwards are strikers.

Attached: images (64).jpg (452x325, 36K)

center forward is your position in the pitch

striker means the specific characteristics that you have as a center forward

What's the difference between a center back and a center half?

Okay. Thanks. I'm not hugely into footy, so I thought the two terms were maybe interchangeable. That seems to be the that way most commentators/pundits use them.

positions are memes. only sports where positions aren't memes is gridiron

when people say centre half nowadays, they mean centre back

it comes from when formations were very different and were what we'd now call 2-3-5 or something

Aguero is a striker
Giroud is a center-forward

Aguero is a poacher
Giroud is a target man
t. FM autist

False 9, centre forward and striker are all literally the same thing. football lingo just wants to be fancy and it makes itself feel special. kinda like how they think any foreigner with a fancy name is automatically good. pathetic really. I swear I could take over UEFA and FIFA and I would fix things up and make them perfect. I myself would personally see to it that the market is no longer so ridiculously inflated in terms of prices. 150 million for a shit player? no. 5 million max. fuck your fancy name, faggot. also, I would see to it that all divers and whiners on the pitch (looking at you Barcelona players) get banned for 10 games if they pull that shit. I would make football great. no more drama. no more politics. no more refball. no more fancy pseudo pitch positions. no more fancy names. it's time.

The faux 9 acts like a magnet, luring the def line away from the goal, allowing the atk midfielders and pacey niggers to tikitaka their way to the box

Attached: 1557070280770.jpg (1200x1600, 104K)

>trequartista
>fantastista
>libero
>zona mista
>regista

Attached: 1405284922821.png (200x293, 325K)

trequartistas and fantasistas are similar.

so are registas and liberos.

but it's much more about abilty than it is about position.

but im italian...

Other way around.

>enganche

literally the exact opposite is true

Attached: 1513903559984.png (284x354, 139K)

>FANTAstista

not on my watch

Attached: Lionel-Messi-925822[1].jpg (590x350, 34K)

centre forward is a type of striker

it's a 9 that moves deep into the midfield, so if the defender that marks him follows him, it makes space for the winger to attack and score.

Trad position on the pitch but calling someone a CF for me implies a bigger, more powerful player 'leading the line' rather than a pacey tap-in merchant.

there is no better word than regista for players like Pirlo or Banega who play where defensive midfielders usually play

Libero is the free man in a 3 men defences, the other two are called stopper
Fantasista means creative player, like Ronaldinho
Trequartista means three quarters, the zone where he plays
Zona mista is what bongs call box to box

False nine is a striker that starts from behind, from outside the box. Like a middle point between the classic #9 and the classic #10, ie a striker with #10 skills

centre forward is the classic #9 (higuain), striker is the striker includes other forward positions like the second forward (aguero) and false nine (messi)

Firmino is a centre forward but he's not a striker

which is the one that is good at kick the ball in net

you would just refer to him as a forward

centre forward typically means someone playing in the traditional no 9 role i.e. the big man up top

The striker, usually

Attached: images (74).jpg (480x640, 30K)

>mezzala

Attached: 1556834498826.png (800x600, 40K)

Lel

>Half-Back
>Inverted Fullback
>Inverted Winger
>Wide Target Man
>Defensive Forward
>Pressing Forward

Attached: mfw broken.gif (400x300, 332K)

>Aguero is a poacher
the fuck are you on about, if anything he's more of a CF than a Poacher. Fuck it, his best role on FM should be AF, a good mix of poaching skills with your center forward interplay.

Attached: 1426871060796.png (345x347, 12K)

>es un crack

Attached: 9k=.jpg (270x187, 7K)

why bother having a domestic cup when you have tiered leagues?

Like why is the FA cup a big deal when it’s probably just going to be the PL winner who wins it?

You're a moron.

A centre forward has his back to goal, a striker faces goal at all times.

Nope, he's not. When people refer to a centre forward they mean a player like shearer

*deuts your raum*

Attached: thomasmuller-cropped_1uwbnluvljrul1bzvuf72gc1kd[1].jpg (810x451, 54K)

noice one bro!

well said mate

I wake up with dried blood on the palm of my left hand every morning.

What the fuck am I doing in my sleep? Not even making this up, lads.

Slaughtering babies

it's a striker who can't score goals so he drops down into midfield for le link-up play and short passes to trick the plebs into thinking he's useful.
see: algerzema, firminsoy, dyabola, greaseman

Attached: faggot.jpg (631x568, 34K)

I don't think I'm sleepwalking or anything. I sleep during the day, there are people in my house while I'm asleep. There's no other blood on me, no wound, no blood on my pillow or bed sheets.

I genuinely can't figure out where the fuck this blood is coming from and why it's only on a very specific part of my body.

Forward refers to a position within the team organization, the third line of a 4-3-3 for example. In this situation, the centerforward will be surrounded by wingers.
Striker refers to a certain type of player. Mané is a forward, but he is a winger, not a striker. Griezmann is a striker, but he cannot play centerforward.

Probably having a nosebleed in your sleep.

Stigmata

CF = your Zlatan's, your Lewa's, your Kane's

ST = your Aguero's, Your Suarez's, your Auba's

Think of Messi as a CF, starting on the wing but will wander about pulling defenders out of line, dropping deeper than the ST but still capable of playing in ST. Suarez is a ST and only plays that role.

Both literally mean the same thing and pretending that there's a difference is embarrassing.

Cups came before leagues.

do poachers hunt rare animals?

>Kane

He's a classic 9.

it's funny how we think of kane as a traditional CF because he scores loads, when he's never actually played there for spurs

his natural role is as a 10, he just also happens to be really good at typical no. 9 qualities like hold-up play and burying chances

he's never played as a 9 for spurs

It stands to reason there would be blood on my pillow, or on my face, or I'd have crusty dried blood in my nostril or something but I never do. And this happens every morning, has for two weeks.

yes

Attached: R2WR1DJ.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

not true.
A striker strikes, meaning he will attempt to shoot the ball into the goal, past the keeper.
A center forward does not have to be a striker, he could be a dummy runner, trying to distract defenders and create room for other strikers for his team.
A center forward could alternatively be a target man, which is a tall, strong forward, who easily can receive passes and shields the ball from enemy defenders, keeping the ball in a forward positions, bying time for other strikers to swarm the box and move upfield.