I made this so thought I'd make a thread about it desu

I made this so thought I'd make a thread about it desu
>the three highest points totals in PL history have come in the last two seasons
>there has never been anything like that 25 point gap from 2nd to 3rd
>this was Man Utds worst ever PL season
>is the premier league stagnating with this permanent gap between the top 6 and the rest?

Attached: prem 2000-2019.png (1640x1071, 253K)

I'm gonna bump your thread because it looks like you put some work into it, even if I'm not interested in the subject.

>Posting out of respect for your work

EPL with constant record making seasons. In Portugal the same happens. Obviously in Spain the same thing has happened recently with Barcelona and Juventus in italy. No need to mention PSG in France

The more money goes around the bigger the difference between top and bottom gets and the weaker the league gets. Im not going to say that next season someone will make 101 points in the EPL but i will say that no other team has any chance at all of competing with Liverpool in the near future unless some very, very, very rich guy starts investing crazy amounts of money

So it's not really a gap between the top 6 and the rest. It's a gap between the top 2 and the rest then there's a gap between the next 3 and the rest, then you have a gap between United and the rest then you have Leicester, Wolves, Everton and the rest

>competing with Liverpool AND City ofc

>Ipswich finished top five

Attached: 1542660052019.png (826x738, 526K)

>>is the premier league stagnating with this permanent gap between the top 6 and the rest?
The gap is fairly consistent between everything you posted

these things go cycles. twas ever thus.

>this was Man Utds worst ever PL season
>what is moyes

13/14 was worse for Utd though.

8 of the teams in that pic have spent time in League 1 fairly recently, if you include next season as fairly recently and really you can't get any more recent than the future.

woops fair point

I don't know, same top 6 for 3 years in a row. Even a disasterous season for man united leaves them 9 points above 7th.

Also only the >big 6 and Everton from that pic have not been relegated at some point during the time period it covers. Suggests our league system has great mobility outside of the cunty rich clubs.

looks like the EPLEL is turning into a 2 teams league

Nice autism.

thank you

what happened with Everton and Tot'num? how did they start to get high in the league?

Everton was Moyes in his pre >Moyes days

>you can't get any more recent than the future

Attached: 1462169465254.png (852x854, 1.14M)

Nice work la. Can't see anything different from the top two this season for next season, absolute dominance.

>spuds
they're really well run with solid and loyal supporters, they're the london team ignore what chelsea lads will reckon.

this isnt united worst ever season, 2014 is

Still freaks me nut that Jose finished second last season. Ahead of Liverpool with Salah in godmode all season. Deserves a statue

Soon it will come down to whoever has the best scouts. Every team has money and can spend 100m on transfers. Wolves or Everton can easily overtake United next season if they do better than them in the transfer window. I think we will see new teams in the top 6 in the next few years.

Ipswich beat Inter in the UEFA cup. Boro made the UEFA cup final.

>Leicester City win
>2015/2016
pls send me back guys ;_;

this

Got to let Wolves see where they get next season, look like they could seriously challenge United for 6th if they carry on making memes

So I thought "for real?" and decided to count them, and among your Charltons, your Boltons, your Ipswiches I've noticed a strange pattern
>Leeds
>Blackburn
>Man City
>Lestah

HAHAHA SINCE THE LAST TIME LIVERPOOL WON THE LEAGUE, FOUR FUTURE (4) NATIONAL CHAMPIONS HAVE BEEN DEMOTED TO AND PROMOTED FROM THE THIRD TIER OF FOOTBALL

Neves to Bayern or Halal this summer

>is the premier league stagnating

I dunno, 4/4 of europe's finalists are PL. First time in 7 years the title was decided on the final day, but yeab they're stagnating.

I actually forgot Leicester spent time in League 1 so its 9 teams. 10 if you count Man City, I didn't because their stint in League 1 was late 90s.

>these things go cycles. twas ever thus.
And to prove it, have a look at the all-time points totals for the top tier.

Everybody on Yea Forums reckons both Merseyside clubs are shit and almost nobody's even heard of Villa. Just a matter of time before Everton or Villa win it again.

Attached: All Time2.png (703x649, 77K)

>nobody's heard of Villa
u wot
They'll know all about them next season amyway

that doesn't prove things will return to how they used to be, just that Everton and Villa were far more successful up until the 80s
the money these days is a completely different factor to what it was for the first 100 years and something drastic would need to change in that regard

Wolves, Everton and Leicester could be genuine threats to 5th and 6th if the teams above them are as bad as this year.

It helps that Arsenal have the longest streak in the top flight, been there since 1919 and haven't been relegated since 1913.

Attached: Arsenal 1888 Squad.jpg (696x392, 121K)

I miss Lestah

>Everton with most goals

Maybe you should also note that they've played 400 games more than Liverpool and arsenal and still have one of the worst gd in that table. Also lost more games than anyone else.