Do non-Americans watch any sports besides soccer? You guys seem a little obsessed desu...

Do non-Americans watch any sports besides soccer? You guys seem a little obsessed desu... Your countries all field Olympic teams for most sports somehow. Is there a European baseball/basketball/hockey league or anything?

Attached: 6AE76348-64F6-4481-A405-481E57B61AC4.jpg (500x334, 26K)

Yes. Football is just a sport the world has in common so on an international board it's the go-to topic.

Thats looks really fun, wish people played that when i was a teen.

all the other sports we invented

Rugby and Cricket are major sports in England too. We have basketball and Ice Hockey leagues too, but we're just not particularly good at it. Attendances are in the low thousands at best.

There are DOZENS of football leagues within England and about a thousand clubs that play above an amateur level, makes it difficult for minority sports to compete, especially when football tribalism is so deeply ingrained in our culture.

As for Europe, they take things like Basketball more seriously and play other sports like Handball which honestly, looks really fun!

This is before we get to the old man sports like Bowls, Darts, Snooker and all the individual sports like Tennis etc. All countries have football in common, it's the global sport. That's why it dominates an international board and you don't see so many volleyball and futsal threads.

please watch our sport big strong american

I wish Americans took Rugby more seriously. There's a great following internationally and I think you've got the type of guys who'd make a formidable scrum

Absolutely. If the lads who play NFL took off their padding and played rugby, USA would immediately become a top team and be a breath of fresh air for the sport.

USA v New Zealand would be a GOAT sporting matchup.

No, they obviously don't despite what they might say. Cricket and Rugby are relegated to their respective generals. They don't make threads outside of them because they know it'll just be the same posters anyway. But I guess I can't blame them, imagine if you had to choose between those three, and you had no one IRL to discuss Amerisport with.

I doubt the roided soibois of the NFL could run for more than 30 seconds

>No, they obviously don't despite what they might say.

Attached: giphy.gif (475x290, 921K)

our NBA players are better than your soccer players. our NFL players are better than your rugby players. that's fairly well-established on ESPN

Yes. Football obviously stands out a mile because it's a cultural thing for a lot of countries, but we watch a variety of other sports. Don't let Yea Forums fool you, it's just we talk about other sports either at games or on our own forums.

Europe isn't like the USA, we aren't a single entity and don't even share a common language. We follow our own leagues and maybe once a year come together in continental competition. Everything else is played on a domestic level, so an international forum isn't really a place to talk about it. The Premier League is only 'international' because of aggressive marketing from TV giants, the overwhelming majority of football fans in England support teams outside of the Prem (that an international board would have no interest in).

Wouldn't take too long for them to adapt. Certainly within a generation, USA would be GOAT thanks to high quality training facilities and a massive talent pool.

>he doesn't support his local unicycle hockey team

Attached: methode_times_prod_web_bin_6c86a974-caab-11e5-ae3d-e5a689a71f1c.jpg (1500x1000, 337K)

We watch basketball and hockey because of the absolute state of our soccer federation

Yeah there is basketball league called "euroleague". Doncic was mvp which should give you idea of the strenght of the league.

everyone in /hoc/ is a dirty finn so go ask them

desu I really wish people would stop watching all the shit sports like cycling, iceskating and AMD AMX racing over here.

>sensible chuckle

Don't be so hard on yourselves in terms of basketball. The UK has been doing slightly better in recent years... albeit nowhere near other European nations, but still, kudos.

basketball is very popular as well here
some people watch volleyball, a small minority watches water polo and handball