Once messi retires, will they have a downfall comparable to ferguson-less united?

once messi retires, will they have a downfall comparable to ferguson-less united?

Attached: 800px-FC_Barcelona_(crest).svg.png (800x811, 73K)

they have the advantage of knowing what they want to play like

and it will look like post-2012 spain

>knowing what they want to play like
They have played the way they want too since Tata

Yes since they are ignoring La Masia after it gave them their golden generation

No because i will play for them and will carry them to champions league glory

They are better without Messi
5-1 vs Real

Yes, they will notice it. No, it will not be comparable to Manure, competition in Spain is not as strong as in England.
It will depend on how Arthur, Dembele, De Jong develop, if Coutinho can be saved and if they can get a striker good enough to replace Suarez. They will always have one or two players coming from La Masia good enough to fill the gaps and money to sign.

absolutely

even worse, 2bh

messi does literally everything

all playmaking, all scoring, if he doesnt do anything they look midtable la liga

Maybe they are shit now

if they phase him out progressively then they could transition seamlessly, provided de jong doesn't flop

>will they have a downfall comparable to ferguson-less united?
How old are you? They were very inconsistent right before Messi.

Attached: 2019-05-07 185859.png (957x276, 32K)

I do genuinely believe the incompetence of United’s board is unique in football and cannot be matched
So much Money, nothing to show for

Based
Cringe , stop fanboying for once

They are better without Messi
5-1 vs Real

Who would replace Messi?

the payers who will take over from messi aren't at the club yet because messi will play into his 40s

Honestly I think they'll make some big signings to make up for his loss. He's not going to just up and leave, he'll slowly phase out and they'll plan for it.
Depending on who the manager is at the time, they may get through it, but they probably won't really feel like Barca anymore or have that style of play

They are better without Messi, they rely much on him due to that the players never play to their fully potential

This was their worst season in history
United had plenty of +10th place finishes and even got relegated

There is a small chance that between de Jong and midfielder Messi playing until 2024 and the eventual arrival of Xavi they'll somehow stay among the top two teams in Spain.

Nevertheless, you can't replace Messi. So even if they recover their classic pre-Messi form, they will not recover the form of Messi years, probably ever again.

>I do genuinely believe the incompetence of United’s board is unique in football and cannot be matched
Milan and Inter.
From top of the world to "not even europa league material".

retrasado

kys braindead nigger

They were good before Messi, they're a very strong club historically not a one player flash club

Mes que un club...

So... I guess it's all gonna end up good. Maybe boring as fuck, but Barca won't fall apart because La Masia has it's back.

I think Messi is smart enough to know when his decline is coming. He will not be demanding to be on the starting XI, or to play 60 games a season. I want to think he will be able to assume a secondary role if he wants to stay and retire at Barça.

>Barca won't fall apart because La Masia has it's back
based mount n-word

I started watching football on Messis debut. And i will stop watching when he retires. He is football to me

You don't have to replace him. You just look at altering your play style and system to benefit the players you have available.

ignorant burger question.
don't technical players, like messi, age better than players who rely on athleticism? and does messi have the brain to handle a deep playmaker role? if he stays healthy and handles change perhaps they can squeeze a few extra seasons out of him.
but barca probably has many midfielders to choose from.

I fucking hope so, just like halal, maybe then we'll finally stop hearing about LELiga

this

It's Ngubu's time to shine

messi is a player who relies on athleticism

Messi is already slower then most of 40yr old players, just imagine how slow he will be in his 40s (if he even plays professionally then)

>Before Messi: 1 CL
So yes, after Messi they will be back at being B. Dortmund tier.

I have a lighter I found on a bar floor on brazil, that has your flag

do they? Luis Enrique and Valverde play nothing like Guardiola. the only reason why the overtly idealistic Barça fanbase isn't up in arms about the style is because Messi alone is enough to win most games