As a result, a nationwide contest was held to help name the team and develop their colours and logo. Over 2...

>As a result, a nationwide contest was held to help name the team and develop their colours and logo. Over 2,000 entries were narrowed down to eleven prospects: Beavers, Bobcats, Dragons, Grizzlies, Hogs, Raptors, Scorpions, T-Rex, Tarantulas, Terriers and Towers (the eventual runner-up). The final selection—Toronto Raptors—was unveiled on Canadian national television on May 15, 1994: the choice was influenced by the popularity of the 1993 film adaption of the 1990 science fiction novel Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. The name "Raptor" is a common informal name for the Velociraptor, a swift medium-sized dromaeosaurid theropod non-avian dinosaur.

Attached: 7A27838F-A37E-4397-9F01-EA5E9CED3E3F.jpg (660x574, 31K)

I would have named them Toronto McTorontoFacers

yikes

>tfw no Toronto Beavers
dam

>american sports
why not just name the team after the suburb or city they're from?

what do you think the “Toronto” bit means dumb cunt

This is based though

>Oakley can't stop himself barking profanities at the Raptor players across the floor; "Those jerseys come with cum stains on ‘em? Cause they're the gayest fuckin' things I've ever seen." This in contrast to Anthony Mason's muttering; "Dinosaurs, brotha? If I was you, I'd fuckin' kill myself."

Attached: 18j4muu2w7ft0jpg.jpg (1271x1510, 241K)

>Toronto is short for Velociraptor
Who knew? I wish they went with Beaver Raptors instead, though.

Cringe. Those are the GOAT jerseys.

if US sports leagues were expanding right now we'd have the "las vegas female captain marvels" and "seattle jedi"

I never understood why the Raptor on the jersey wasn't wearing the actual jersey with another raptor on it.

I prefer the Seattle Suicides

Attached: 2F3AEA53-AEE4-42B8-9987-0E62DAEEBC1A.jpg (1200x911, 86K)

Fucking criminal that they weren't the Hogs

For me, it's the Denver Dialators

>Not calling it the Toronto Prontos

Cringe

Yeh....

hehehehe

i chuckled, have your (You)

>american cities

Attached: vomit.jpg (250x267, 33K)

>Toronto
>American

As dumb as it is, Raptors is a great name

it is though

good thing the Raptors BTFOed them

And now my based Rapties have the GOAT playing for them.