Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BhMF_Cxcij4
youtube.com/watch?v=9fOX1M3YCmA
youtube.com/watch?v=GxNlHok-gEU
youtube.com/watch?v=_VM7LOjjntA
whoscored.com/Players/2302/History/Xavi
whoscored.com/Players/9486/History/Andrés-Iniesta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most of them would be exposed today. Anything before '08 can hardly count.

De Jong (Frenkie) for Mattheus lad. Bury the past. Kill it of you have to

>rapenaldo
sub par bait desu

I think the only debatable ones are perhaps replacing Cruyff with Zidane and van Basten with R9. The rest is air-tight.
I mean it's obviously way too early for that retard. Where do you draw the line for the past by the way? Messi in 2011 was "the past". I guess modern football started in the late 80s/early 90s but still

>this bullshit again

I love Van Basten but Ronaldo mk1 was unplayable in his prime

Just memeing about lad nothing serious

More flashy but not as clinical imo

>No Beckenbauer
>No Gerd Müller

No.

Kahn
Alves Nesta Carvalho Maldini
Zidane Vieira Ronaldinho
Ronaldo Ronaldo Messi

Out of players I've watched obviously

I honestly think this can't be bested. Literally no improvements to be made. Definitely not Pele, and Maradona is amazing but can't replace any of the attackers.
Both overrated due to nostalgia and lower playing standards. Gerd's finishing was obviously brutal though.
No Xavi just seems wrong to me. Your midfield is much less about building up play btw and more about individual flair, though Vieira is a quality shout.

>Ronaldo
>Matthaus
>Zanetti
>Neuer

these are bench players

Peak Neuer is just obviously the Messi of goalkeeping and Ronaldo is the second best player ever. So stfu.

Van Dijk over Baresi
Mbappe over Van Basten
Robertson over Maldini

I didn't include team chemistry by the way because that really isn't fair, although if that was the case the only change would be to swap Zanetti with Alves and tell Ronaldo to be less selfish.

txs for rating Xavi

>cr7

>Peak Neuer is the Messi of goalkeeping
>Ronaldo is the second best player ever
wow

Why the fuck are you thanking me, pathetic

Also even if he's a bit selfish (ego the size of a city) how can you deny his greatness.

>Neuer
What's it like barely being 20 years old?

>rating crab passers

You would disagree how exactly?
I take it you would put Buffon over him? Or do you want to be an edgy nostalgia cunt and go for Yashin? Fact is Neuer isn't just an incredible goalkeeper, he's also a defender.

You're clearly both a child and a dickhead

missing r9 and busquets, pretty solid team

Buffon over Neuer
Zidane over Cruyff
Ronaldinho over C.Ronaldo
Ronaldo over MVB

---Real Ronaldo(Brazil) ---

---- Zidane ---- Messi ----

---- Ballack ---- Iniesta ----

----------Makelele----------

Maldini --- Cannavaro --- Terry --- G.Neville

---- Kahn ---

Subs:
Penaldo
Nedved
Thierry Henry
Zanetti
Vieira
Seedorf
Luis Figo
Drogba
Canizares

Neuer is a meme goalie kid. Not even top 5 all-time.

At least say why any other keeper is better than Neuer on his day. He's reliable, great at distributing, obviously amazing abilities at shot-stopping and if there's a through-ball that's taken out the defence, Neuer is charging up there to get the ball by any means necessary. Risky but it pays off, nobody has ever done what he does to that level.
R9 was a tough one but flair isn't what wins games (obviously he wasn't just flair tho)
Fair enough, matter of opinion. But replacing CR7 is wrong imo. You'd just have to drill it into him to pass the ball more often and this is all a fantasy so I can do that.

>zidane
>le runner-up man
>no xavi
>nedved
shit team even though cañizares is based

>No Xavi
And rightfully so. Iniesta is better.

Peak neuer lasted for 2 seasons. He's crashing faster than Casillas while being younger.

youtube.com/watch?v=BhMF_Cxcij4

Just look at this shit, NO other keeper is like that. Of course it's risky but it pays off overall.

>Neuer

Attached: 53333593_335526167098355_2900119635046919141_n.jpg (702x488, 42K)

actual GOAT XI

---bosnich---
---oshea---smalling---terry---cole---
---beckham---zidane---scholes---redondo---
---saha---iwobi

Well over 5 years is hardly two seconds. He's slipped recently, but so has Bayern in general so maybe that's part of it idk. He's proven himself without a doubt though to the extent that he could become Karius and I'd still include him. Check out that youtube link, he's absolutely unique at that level

this is literal reddit tier

Even reddit is better than this

what is reddit about it?

youtube.com/watch?v=9fOX1M3YCmA

Just... there is no debate. Fuck the music in all these shitty videos btw

Casillas
Zanetti-Nesta-Puyol-Cafu
Xavi-Iniesta
Cr7-Ronaldinho-Messi
Ronaldo

Bench
Buffon, roberto carlos, vidic, Makelele, Lampard, Zidane, Riquelme,Blanco, henry

ok big guy don't worry. I was just proud a catalan was on the top 11 for a brit.

No defensive midfielders, Cafu isn't a leftback, Ronaldinho+Ronaldo

>Trying to build an All-Time-11
Are you retarded? I know it's fun, but it stops when you try to convince others of your opinion. It's impossible to agree on 11 players, each era was wildly different from the others and so were its players. Is Matthäus better than Beckenbauer? If you had both of them right next to each other, probably. But in relation to their time, Beckenbauer was the better one. Whether you prefer one or the other is your own opinion and it's not even better when comparing players from the same era.

There will never be a team all or even a decent amount of people will agree with. Discussing about it is futile, the reactions are always the same.

With legends like these though, it's reasonably easy to juxtapose their abilities. You can literally just see their abilities from how they play with the ball, that doesn't change depending on whether people are more athletic, skilled and focussed like they are nowadays. Why else is there a BROAD consensus for all rational-minded people who ignore Pele?

gabigol+10

Instead here in Madrid they call him the lawnmower. Damn.

They just have an inferiority complex based on the past decade, even having won three champions leagues consecutively. And it looks like it's going to be another decade to come with Arthur, Riqui Puig and de Jong.

>Neuer

He's not even the best meme goalkeeper, let alone best overall goalkeeper.

If you say so. I said earlier on, Neuer is clearly one of the best goalkeepers in the traditional sense - maybe you think someone else is better. But Neuer is also a defender. Nobody else of that quality is.

Buffon and Kahn were way more consistent and reliable. Maybe even Schmeichel as well.
And the first thing you think of for Ronaldo is flair? You should in bed by now kiddo.

>tsu
LAMO
my autistic thread of yesterday made me do some research and

Attached: stat.jpg (1350x743, 161K)

I probably should be, but it isn't the first thing I think of. It's just what sets him apart from van Basten (and pace when he wasn't fat). van Basten was more ruthless and especially so from the air.

well van Basten was unbelievably good so I won't argue about his inclusion

What's this meant to show, that Ronaldo isn't as clinical nowadays? Or that he shoots too much? Everyone knows that. Doesn't change too much though, he'd be a better player if he shot less actually.

I think the same. Those 3 CL in a row just boosted their false sense of superiority. I also think the new players are looking good but let's see how the team does without Messi, to avoid a downfall (like Halal with CR7)

Messi isn't going to go for a long while, he could keep going until he's in his late 30s. Just depends if he wants to. Pace will go down but he's still gonna be quick to accelerate and actually he's definitely gotten faster this season, somehow. His pace is barely used nowadays anyway and he still bangs it in all the time, so yeah, at worst he'll just be a more complete Iniesta. I reckon he'll play the 2022 and 2026 WCs before going back to Newell's.

So basically, if Totti can do it at a good level, Messi can do it at an amazing level. Obviously won't be the same but I think he isn't gonna retire for ages. Just that they have to plan... just in case.

We can always dream. What I really wonder is why any of Mourinho's players did not break his leg. Messi is lucky with injuries, and as he "loses" pace, he can perfectly fit in Barça squad for many years to come. I even imagine him playing the last 30 mins in a CM position being 40 years old.

He doesn't run much anyway so fitness isn't a huge deal, so long as he can accelerate for a small burst. Which shouldn't change that much.

Is it worth for a team to have a striker for 3 or 4 sprints? I always see Messi and Suarez walking, even being offside, and instead Klopp's 11 guys run.

Xavi

With one person (Messi) it's fine. Obviously you need a fit team to press, but one person acting in a free role is acceptable. Suarez's fitness is too low atm and he should be rotated next season to be sold to the MLS (or something like that) the year afterwards.

Rotated with a new striker purchase that is.

pls r8

Casillas
Ramos Nesta Maldini
Figo Seedorf Xavi Iniesta
Zidane
Messi Tsunaldo

note: only modern era players I've seen in my time
note 2: high IQ 3-4-1-2 formation

Imagine having three at the back and not having a single midfielder capable of defending well

"high IQ"

Highest IQ is a 4-3-3 that morphs into a 3-4-3 when one fullback pushes up and the other become a centreback.

youtube.com/watch?v=GxNlHok-gEU

I don't know who could be a good striker to play with Messi

>tfw Paquito Alcácer

——————Oblak*——————
Cafu-Beckenbauer-Vidic-Maldini
——Xavi—Matthaus—Iniesta—-
——Messi—-R9—-Cruyff———

*In 5-10 years

forgot to mention, Cruyff would drop back and inside while Messi has freedom to roam. Cafu would get forward down the right side, while Maldini would sit along side the center backs to form a back 3 in possession.

Buffon
Thuram-Nesta-Baresi-Maldini
Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta (the complete trio)
Messi-Ronaldo-Ronaldo

I think mines the best.. anyone care to r8, h8 or appreci8?

>begging for (You)s
Pathetic

ok

>Highest IQ is a 4-3-3 that morphs into a 3-4-3 when one fullback pushes up and the other become a centreback.
or both fullbacks push up and the defensive midfielder props between bother center backs

Iniesta may be better in terms of pure skills but Xavi is something special due to his intelligence. While Iniesta had all the dribbling skills and magical moments in clutch key moments but it was Xavi that made Pep's Barca tick as well as the main man behind Spain's Tiki Take. Notice how once Xavi retired Lucho decided to change the style leftover from Pep to instead bypass the midfield and play quick transition football to feed MSN faster. With Xavi in the team he was able to dictate the pace of the team further back while Iniesta pushed up next to Messi. Xavi is more than a sideway passing crab man he hustled all the time to pressure the ball. Great player and I would put him on my team if I'm looking for a heavy possession team. Xavi is all brains and I say this even when I would hate when he would complain about >much beautiful game and pitch maintenance or referee performance.

Spotted the underaged scouser

user why are you being so mean to him

Kahn
Roberto Carlos - Thuram - Maldini - Cafu
Zidane - Costa - Viera - Bergkamp
Shearer - Baggio
Subs:
Nesta
Zola
Keane
Totti
Henry
Stoichkov

>divenaldo
>van basten over fatnaldo the actual GOAT

No original Ronaldo kek. Top bait faggot.

Banks

Neal Terry Moore Maldini

Xavi Charlton Zidane

Messi Greaves Ronaldo

Well memed my friend

Maradona instead of Cruyff, prime R9 instead of Van Basten, Ronaldinho instead of CR7, Kahn instead of Neuer, Puyol instead of Zanetti

Buffon
Maldini, Nesta, Vidic, R. Carlos
Zidane
Messi, Maradona, Penaldo
Ronaldo

Not sure about being competitive and shit, but those are the best on their positions, fmpov

if your lineup doesn't have Henry in it, then you're a pleb. Easily the GOAT striker

Ronaldo9
Rivaldo———Totti———-Scholes
Modric—Busquets
Maldini—Nesta—Carvalho—Cafu
Buffon

Best team of the last 25 years, minus and Messi and C.Ronaldo cause they’re boring.

it depends which Ronaldo you mean

Tsu-Ronaldo-Messi
Maradona-Xavi
Busquets
Alba-Puyol-Pique-Alves
MatS

We would have
three dribblers (Messi, Ronaldo, Maradona)
three finishers (Messi, Ronaldo, Tsu)
Two/three runners (Alba, Tsu, Ronaldo)
Five playmakers (Alves, Busquets, Xavi, Maradona, Messi)
Three defensive-minded players
Everyone but tsu would be able to circulate the ball, "tiki-taka"

The big weakness would be getting the ball back, the four offensive players are a bit too lazy sometimes without the ball. Offensively my balance is just right I think. The obvious change would be Maradona for maybe someone like Davids (or indeed Iniesta), and/or Tsu for someone like Suarez, but I am going to keep it like this. You know my team would BTFO of most other teams ITT, some are terribly balanced

Maradona was far better than cruijff
And despite playing in the 80's he had more technical abilities than 99% of todays players

>modric is better than prime Xavi/Iniesta
kek

Prime Iniesta does everything Xavi can in addition to great range, pace, better finishing etc.

replace Neuer with Kahn and this is a based boomer XI
now we just need a Zoomer XI to challenge it

>Scholes as a right attacking midfielder
nigga please

lol
>better finishing
lmao
very different players

not that user but Xavi played for Spain and Barcelona regularly before Iniesta, and he was entirely average
Idk why you would rate him above Iniesta

Iniesta is a top 10 all time player. Put him in Xavis role, he does as good. Put Xavi in his role(s) and he is not close

they are completely different players, comparison will always be flawed
imo xavi is a more unique player, very difficult to replace, and much more complete than iniesta
xavi was a better passer, finisher, assist, vision, etc while iniesta had better dribbling
iniesta controls the ball while xavi controls the whole team la
youtube.com/watch?v=_VM7LOjjntA

>Put him in Xavis role, he does as good
lmao we all saw how good he did that when xavi left

>Neuer

He can't do long ground (non-lofted) balls like Xavi though that just completely split open a defensive line, nobody can. Also just in general worse at passing, even though his dribbling (and his finishing of course) was admittedly easily superior.

Maradona was but not as a balanced playmaker. And he can't replace Messi or CR7.

iniesta was not a better finisher than xavi, not even close
xavi 119 goals
iniesta 73 goals

See whoscored and sort by key passes to see the superiority of Xavi (below). Yeah stats aren't everything, but they're clearly super important (otherwise managers wouldn't use them, some like Fergusion often relied on them).

whoscored.com/Players/2302/History/Xavi

whoscored.com/Players/9486/History/Andrés-Iniesta

Xavi was more than just a better cut-throat passer, he was the metronome of the team. Iniesta merely slotted into the team, like a better David Silva. That's the key difference, and why it was Xavi and not Iniesta associated with tiki-taka

In the penalty box at least he was wasn't he? Xavi scored a lot of set pieces and long shots, which isn't really finishing.

With no Messi or Ronaldo, I would go

Sebastiano Rossi
Phil Neal---Ciro Ferrara---Ricardo Carvalho---Javier Zanetti
Luka Modric---Xabi Alonso---Roy Keane
Diego Maradona
Andriy Shevchenko---Gabriel Batistuta

Bench
David Trezeguet
Miguel Angel Angulo
Saul Niguez
Michael Essien
Philipp Lahm
Olof Mellberg
Martin Dubravka

xavi was a better finisher, much more technical imo
iniesta wasn't really a good finisher, he we moon or fumble some shots, though he scored some great and very famous goals

Switch Valdir Peres for Gylmar Neves and Serginho for Fatnaldo and you've got yourself the best team of all time.

Attached: brasil-de-821.jpg (708x390, 137K)

Maybe that (WC goal for example) and the fact that he dribbled into the box more often is clouding my memory but I always thought Iniesta has a tighter finesse shot so to speak

I'm thinking zidane, fatnaldo and Roberto Carlos deserve inclusion. All madrid lads. Iniesta missing out for xavi is hard luck... Iniesta might have been the best player on that great spain XI.

Iniesta is more spectacularly in that he dribbles with the ball much better (Xavi was no slouch though) but his passing and especially vision doesn't much Xavi (and the stats show this, see above).

The main point though is my point (same post) about Xavi being the metronome

Ignore my spelling and grammar btw

Roberto Carlos was a meme player that it is only regarded as a good one because Halal and that goal against France in the cocacola tournament. His defensive skills were poor, and he survived because he was fast. He was just a Bellerin with a power shoot.

But what a goal it was...

Attached: sport-preview-roberto-carlos.jpg (1200x800, 136K)

Spotted the chelshitter

his goal against Tenerife is better than the goal against france, though.

>his defensive skills were poor
better than Marcelo, who retard spaniards love to call the best LB ever.

where is ronaldo de lima?

>Xavi
>not Gerrard
smdh

Lol all of u r idiots

Mane --- Firmino --- Salah
Wijanldum -- Henderson -- Fabinho
Robertson -- Van Dijk -- Lovren -- Trent Arnold
Alisson

>Cruyff
Your team is shit