BIG BRAIN SPORT LIST

the redpill

also if your sport isnt on this list its irrelevant

Attached: 1557056845471.png (994x1213, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ouXw328WYI
fangraphs.com/zonegrid.aspx?playerid=11579&position=OF&ss=2019-03-28&se=2019-05-04&type=5&hand=all&count=all&blur=1&grid=10&view=bat&pitch=&season=all&data=
fangraphs.com/zonegrid.aspx?playerid=11477&position=OF&ss=&se=&hand=&count=&pitch=&season=&data=&blur=&grid=&view=&type=5
cbssports.com/mlb/news/theres-about-18-minutes-of-action-in-your-average-mlb-game/
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323740804578597932341903720
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406
curiosity.com/topics/the-average-nfl-game-has-only-11-minutes-of-action-curiosity/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason_Cox
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australians_in_American_football
youtube.com/watch?v=FOz_NEr0aeY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Holmes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seamus_McNamara
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Armstrong
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there is only one sport in the world
it's called football
but it's not the one americans (fat) call football
that is handegg

BASED CRICKET. TOO DEEP FOR Yea Forums

/mlb/ here
are we supposed to be allies with /cric/? I thought /hoc/ wanted us to be against /cric/

Attached: mlbseethies.png (821x589, 301K)

>macaco logic
imagine living in a literal zoo

What even is /hoc/? Never heard of it

>/hoc/

literally who?

The real question is, which of the following would you best describe the OP as:

a)A faggot
b)A gay faggot
c)A gay faggot homosexual.

holy fucking based

There is only one sport in the world,
it's called Tazerball.

Attached: шокер-спорт-гифки-5176999.webm (460x387, 1.35M)

I want to thank all baseball athletes for aiding me in my sleep. Every time I dont feel tired I watch baseball highlights on youtube. Before I know it im almost falling asleep. I told a coworker to do the same, and he keeps telling me how it helps so much. Thank you major league baseball for curing insomnia for so many people

is that a bocce ball?
does the fact that a guy named bochy is involved in baseball make him the smartest man in the universe?

There are so many low iq soccer threads on Yea Forums now. All other sports were relegated to generals.

7-1

based

also based

holy fucking shit this looks awesome.
It's up there with other great "concept" sports such as slamball.
youtube.com/watch?v=2ouXw328WYI

>baseball is slow and boring
>so it must be for big brains
you see *sniff* you are vrong becoz the main porrpose of sporrrrts is tu enterrrrtain the *sniff* viewer. there is not a lot of cerebral activity when one watches someone playing sporrrrt. people desire enterrtainmentb *sniff* and sporrrt brings that. a sporrrt must be nonetheless fast paced and entertaining to fuel our desire for pure consumist ideology *sniff*

Attached: f434d196-ce95-405a-b880-813e9acc008e.jpg (354x486, 28K)

Cope

Imagine being Canadian

Imagine the smell

>no brain
Gridiron, Baseball, soccer, basketball
>Some brain
Hockey, Baseball
>More brain
Athletics, Volleyball
>Top brain
Snooker

Now this is an inferiority complex at its finest

>generals

one is contained in a general
other is 99% of non generals
now go back and dont bother us again

>gridiron
>no brain

Pay your fucking debts, grease.

Based American stationed abroad

Besides analysing who should be facing who based on stats, what are Baseball strategies? Theres literally none.
You just wait for the ball to land near you and throw it for the guy in the base.

>Besides analysing who should be playing who based on stats, what are soccer strategies? Theres literally none.
>You just wait for the ball to land near you and kick it for the guy in the goal.

Football (handegg) is unironically big brained if you're into film analysis. At a professional level, the game is much more cerebral than you'd expect.

Attached: 1551754679329.jpg (482x471, 60K)

>maybe if i say the same he said but i change some words i will be seen as a highly intellectual person and even win this intricate internet argument

big? more like fat

Low-effort shitposts deserve low-effort responses

Attached: FCEE2202-0296-4C72-BC55-548A7A3F8B18.jpg (587x338, 46K)

>Besides analysing who should be playing who based on stats, what are soccer strategies? Theres literally none.

The reason why I even highlighted this when talking about Baseball strategy is cause I though it was a big part of the game, that no other sport has.
Like, this batter is statistically worst against left handed pitchers, so I will put a leftie to throw at him, or some shit.
I don't know about anything else.

Hurling is best sport

Imagine having a completely irrelevant existence

hey man, you're talking to what's going to be the first latinamerican superpower

actually its called gridiron football

>americans (fat)

Attached: CEIJYh_UsAAPRPP.jpg (353x446, 15K)

the strategy is the pitch selection

Wow. Based post kebab remover.

Attached: updates!!.gif (300x182, 1.23M)

>Like, this batter is statistically worst against left handed pitchers, so I will put a leftie to throw at him, or some shit.
That's just a general tactic, like playing a certain formation against a team who know who struggles against that formation.

See pic. Let's say this a lefty vs. lefty matchup. The pitch thrown as a 95mph fastball for a strike on the corner following a 0-0 count creates a totally different situation for following pitch selection than the pitch thrown for a strike right down the middle.

In addition to that, we also have to consider inning, run situation, men on base situation, park factor, and batter tendency/past matchup history in our prospective pitch selection and ensuing pitch sequencing. Pitch selection and field positioning will different for this lefthanded player:

fangraphs.com/zonegrid.aspx?playerid=11579&position=OF&ss=2019-03-28&se=2019-05-04&type=5&hand=all&count=all&blur=1&grid=10&view=bat&pitch=&season=all&data=

fangraphs.com/zonegrid.aspx?playerid=11477&position=OF&ss=&se=&hand=&count=&pitch=&season=&data=&blur=&grid=&view=&type=5

You have to be somewhat familiar with batter/pitch tendencies to understand the metagame they're playing with each other. It's not just one guy throwing hard and another trying to hit it hard.

Attached: Strikes.png (256x327, 2K)

>Pitch selection and field positioning will different for this lefthanded player:
*will be different for these two left handed players

kek

Attached: anthonyrecker40.jpg (334x499, 67K)

>dadres
oh no no no

Attached: screenshot-boards.4channel.org-2019.05.05-22-42-56.png (203x40, 2K)

Attached: 1503782480021.jpg (640x1088, 166K)

Absolutely based. 80 IQ subhuman euros and south americans are SEETHING at this

based

So true.

Attached: 008210C3-13AD-4CAE-9910-12A99AE3D6D4.gif (480x411, 39K)

so true

How come cricket didn't take to the Continentals?

amerifats are literally too dumb for cricket

So true.

You confused colonials with continentals, the latter of which refers to non-British Europeans. (though, continental has sometimes been used to refer to early Americans, but the Brits usually call us colonials and Europeans continentals)

>( usually initial capital letter ) of or relating to the mainland of Europe, to Europeans, or to European customs and attitudes.

>too dumb for cricket
lol no.

Even I lived here for a bit, don't know much about baseball, but I do know cricket. It's not a "big brained" sport in the least. It basically boils down to a chubby cunt throwing a ball to a Paki cunt trying to hit it where other unathletic cunts aren't positioned.

I've pressed cricket fans why the sport is so complex, and it's the same answer every time. "The variations of pitches, mate!" Hahaha. For those that don't know, the ball moves faster on this surface while on this other surface the ball spins more (soft pitches in India). It's the same exact shit in tennis, yet cricket fans think this fact about the game is the height of sporting strategy.

There's a few more uninteresting tactics you can be aware of like fast bowlers softening the pitch up for spinners (how is that complicated is my guess) or fielders set up in a certain way relative to the batter and bowler strengths and weaknesses, but it's nothing mindblowing nor anywhere close to the level of football (real football) tactics and strategy. It's really just blokes slapping balls around end of the day.

Imagine Drunpf trying to understand cricket lmao his little brain would frizzle out and implode

Trump is a fat cunt, many fat cunts in cricket. He'd get along just fine.

>"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games"

Facts.

Attached: RealSportsStar.jpg (309x163, 12K)

>t. favela slum rat

>motor racing,
Death machines in Hemingway's time. Computers on wheels today.

>computers on wheels
what an irrelevant point. it's not like they sit on autopilot. the cars and races are more physically demanding in the modern era.

Replace the last frame with snooker and darts and you're bang on

If its a sport that Indians can play with success then it's pretty obvious the complexity is fabricated.

Hemingway's point was the higher likelihood of being killed, the more sporty it is. I doubt auto racing fatalities are higher today than they were in the 30s.

t. beppe di Marco

F1 is cucked no doubt.
MotoGP is still decent.
But modern Road Racing still holds motosport to the goat levels of the old days.

Attached: Dunlop.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Approve of this list.

Approve of this list.

t. small-brained monkey

Cricket isn't a sport it's a game

t. Markos Petropoulos

>cricket isn’t a sport it’s a game

Attached: 4C37E151-5776-4676-A39E-23B0D6C782D3.jpg (208x326, 10K)

>Even I lived here for a bit, don't know much about baseball, but I do know cricket.

Attached: wogs.jpg (213x237, 9K)

never bothered sharing it with them
in fact the English actively tried to stop colonials from playing it

>baseball
>sport

it's an excuse to eat hotdogs and fries

Soccer is an excuse for French women to stare at black men and get wet

Any sport that has a general on Yea Forums is low IQ by default.

>women football

who gives a fuck ?

Baseball is fucking trash. Pesäpallo is its superior cousin.

based and truthpilled

Ah yes, the opinion of a Finngolian. Literally worth less to me than the opinions of the dog poo I stood on today.

High IQ pesäpallo

Attached: signalfan2.jpg (1199x837, 70K)

KEK

The creator of Pesapallo had to make it so the pitcher slowly tosses the ball underhanded because he knew Finns were too naturally uncoordinated to hit real pitching.

rightio yanks, think you need to shut the fuck up about your television commercial facilitators known as 'sports'

The average actual game time in a MLB (Baseball) match is 18 minutes.
18 minutes
cbssports.com/mlb/news/theres-about-18-minutes-of-action-in-your-average-mlb-game/
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323740804578597932341903720

Now onto gridiron or American football
11 minutes
11 fucking minutes of actual game time
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406
curiosity.com/topics/the-average-nfl-game-has-only-11-minutes-of-action-curiosity/

so there ya go, baseball and NFL come in at a lazy 18 and 11 minutes respectively which probably explains the amount of obese 'athletes' burgers so desperately defend with 'he's all muscle, he'd run through you and other bullshit excuses'

Attached: 1_3wp3n-x2BOuCAp-t2CWy7w.jpg (1195x793, 130K)

Look here, Bruce. A failed basketball player (who didn't even play much basketball until his sophomore year in college) took a cheeky flight over to wombat land and quickly became a professional in your national sport.

>While studying, he started playing basketball as a hobby.

No sporting experience until starting "basketball as a hobby." Then:
>Cox was invited to attend the 2014 US International Combine for potential Australian rules footballers, in Los Angeles in April 2014. After impressive performances in the skills testing[11] he traveled to Australia for a second combine and on May 30, 2014, was signed by the Collingwood Football Club.[12][13]

"I never heard of Aussie Rules before I was approached."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason_Cox

The fact an American, no less, can reach the highest levels of Australia's biggest sport, a sport more irrelevant here than Turkish Oil wrestling, should tell you all you need to know about the "demands" of that sport.

4 year career thus far. What'd Hayne last? One play? LMAO.

>australian coaching is so GOAT it can even turn an amerimutt into a world class athlete
Feels good being the GOAT sporting nation

blown the fuck out brah, didnt bother reading a single word of your butthurt post

> ‘Yeah cool, I’ll just try this out’. Luckily it went through and it was just unreal experience."

"I'll just try it out."
>Becomes a professional 5 minutes later.

No. It's that Amerigod athletes, even our shit ones, have no problems meeting the athletic "demands" of your "sports."

Attached: Hayne.png (1174x637, 601K)

lol, weve got multiple retired afl and failed nrlel players shredding up your shit game.
This dude was retired, fat and shit and went to burger land where he played NFL for several years
lmao

Attached: 200px-Sav_Rocca.jpg (200x358, 19K)

Kickers. LMAO. They have one job. Mason Cox, meanwhile, is an award winning AFLEL player.

>punter
lol

we've got them all over your shitty game, not just ounters.
Can keep posting all of them if you want. youve already run out of burgers playing afl

Attached: 4455540-3x2-700x467.jpg (700x467, 59K)

Based mason cox getting BSAs to take notice of our sport

jonah lomu would have been the best rb in nfl history. 270lbs and runs a 4.3 40

Also, AFL is still an "eggball" game where you catch the ball, run with the ball, kick the ball. There's some transferrable skills. Cox had never played any sort of eggball game before and easily, quite easily, became an award winning AFL player.

that 11 minutes really stung hey breh
heres another aussie in your easy game for fatties

Attached: GettyImages-854848346-960x600.jpg (960x600, 71K)

> He grew up playing rugby league and basketball and did not start playing gridiron football until he was 14 years old.

>14 years old. That's about the age kids here start to play it. Cox never played any kind of football, was an engineering student with a basketball hobby, and then quickly become an award winning AFL pro after first playing the game in his 20s. Lol.

>At the age of 13, while attending Kew High School, his interest in Australian rules football had waned and his mother discovered a local junior American football club,

>At the age of 13

>Cox studied engineering at Oklahoma State University, graduating in 2014.

>23 years old before taking up your meme sport.

Cox is a great player, not knocking him, picked the game up quick. Bit uncoordinated but his primary role is to tap the ball to running midfielders (running up to 25km a game) and he's developing his overhead marking and kicking well.
>tfw we have players in big bad mega population country NFL
hahaha

11 minutes

Based american inferiority complex

I’ve heard baseball is one of only sports where statistics actually matter and you can use it for prediction because everything is in isolation. A pitcher would have to know how the batter they are vsing deals with the different types of throws and use that accordingly to select how they will play it out.

>First played it at 23 years old, without any prior football experience of any kind.

All your examples are athletes who started American football in their mid-teens. The comparison isn't the same. Also, no Aussie NFL player has won an individual award.

>his interest in Australian rules football had waned
he was bad at Australian rules football but excelled at American Football (which literally no one plays here, there are no clubs anywhere near me and its laughed at for the protective gear, constant breaks and....)

11 (eleven) minutes.

fixed that for ya bruz

That coconut would of had an aneurysm after trying to read the playbook.

With a population as massive as yours it amazes me you cant find players to fill your NFL.
Reckon drinking corn syrup and doing nothing being a national pastime has something to do with that.

>I’ve heard baseball is one of only sports where statistics actually matter and you can use it for prediction because everything is in isolation.
Like any sport, you just use stats to develop a general gameplan. But you adjust on the fly if the batter is seeing a particular pitch he might've had trouble with before well, if the pitcher is having trouble locating or executing a pitch, if a batter's swing is giving something away, etc.

>Reckon drinking corn syrup and doing nothing

*codeine syrup

>he was bad at Australian rules football
Have any stats of his Aussie Rules performances in HS, College, developmental leagues, etc?

Looks to me like he found a better sport to play in his teens.

To be fair they have a national pastime and thats watchimg blacks fuck their wives, gfs, sisters and mothers.

or he was just shit at afl and got sick of sitting on the bench peeling oranges

Attached: 1553372290371.jpg (2930x3178, 1.46M)

They're all punters or kickers. And I have no problem admitting athletes of Australian eggball games will be superior kickers to Americans, who are usually failed soccer players walking on as a kicker on their college teams.

But the first American who took a remote interest in AFL quickly became an award winner. Aussie players are overwhelmingly kickers, with no award winners.

>or he was just shit at afl and got sick of sitting on the bench peeling oranges
But can you confirm this?

>They're all punters or kickers.
no mate, there are players in other positions
take the loss mate, you're just grasping at straws now, its disgraceful that even one foreign player makes it into the NFL when you have such a gigantic population and is reflective of the work ethic and athletic ability of the average American.

>Indycar above f1
The state of this cunt

As much as you can confirm he 'chose a superior sport'
Happens every day mate, not everyone is the next Buddy Franklin however the large fellow seems to have fit in nicely with break ball

>no mate, there are players in other positions
Two fuckin guys who aren't award winners. N/M I actually count 4.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australians_in_American_football

So 4 guys, who all started before 15, and haven't won any awards. You don't think it's a big difference to start playing a sport at 13 vs. 23?

who gives a shit theyre there.
no one in australia even knows who they are had to google em lol.
tiny population, 4 guys in your game, massive joke.

11 minutes

to be fair the aussies had Darren Bennett who is probably the GOAT punter for handegg

cheese rolling is the most patrician and high iq sport that exists

youtube.com/watch?v=FOz_NEr0aeY

Attached: gc.jpg (620x465, 105K)

>There's no difference between starting a sport at 13 vs. 23.

It's funny you really believe that just to keep up your argument. Oh, and other Americans (Americans who failed out of American sports) have made AFL rosters.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Holmes
^didn't start until 26

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seamus_McNamara
Discovered by Collingwood playing basketball.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Armstrong
Failed American footballer. Never made the senior division, though.

But we have the award winner :^). You just have kickers and fat guys in the NFL.

Indeed. They can kick. Many American born kickers are just failed soccer players. No athletic American who desires to play football ever wants to be a kicker, so we have to Australia for that.

mate you're giving me novels and I'm 6 bongs down.
Literally cant read your messy posts even if I wanted to and you seemed to go beserk after the initial 11 minute thingo.
Give it a rest mate, NFL is shit, dont get me started on the gay as fuck padding you wear, one of the only full contact sports where you're padded from head to toe, even soccer players dont wear as much bitch shielding as you fags
>award winner
what is that even

11 minutes

>athletic American
could put nfl gear on this dude and hed look like a pro hahaha

Attached: Jennifer-Knapp-Wilkinson.jpg (615x409, 62K)

>no golf

Shit list desu

>born too early to discover the galaxy
>born too late to discover the world
>born just in time to discover cricket

Two paragraphs and 3 wiki links is a "novel." Lol.

>Muh padding

It's almost like different sports require different equipment. Hayne himself admitted NFL hits are "way" harder than NRL hits, so...

Cox won the Neale Daniher Trophy in 2018, meaning he was MVP of the Queen's Birthday Match (lol at that) between Collingwood and Melbourne. From my understanding, it's a big match and the winner of the award gets 3 automatic Brownlow (MVP of the league, right?) votes.

No Aussie NFL player has been good enough to win any sort of award.

>It's almost like different sports require different equipment. Hayne himself admitted NFL hits are "way" harder than NRL hits, so...
Im guessing this was either lip service like when a band says to the crowd in x city that x city parties the hardest. Or more likely it never happened and you pulled this out of your arse

>tfw redpilling burger on afl
feelsgoodman

>Former Welsh national team rugger Martyn Williams elaborates on the element of surprise and its impact on the NFL’s injury plague. “I would say American Football is more dangerous… there are far more hits put on players who are not expecting it. You can fly in without using your arms when attempting tackles, so knees and so on are far more exposed. I believe all that protection makes them feel invincible.”

The forward pass creates many, many more of these blindsided scenarios than what exists in League/Union.

I like a lot of different sports. The only truly shit big sport out there is soccer. No good sport should ever end in a 0-0 tie.

Right so hayne never said it. Thanks

Delet this

Nice selective memory there. Conveniently forgetting about how all you Emu farmers talked up Jarryd Hayne as the GOATest GOAT to ever GOAT and when he came to the NFL he was complete and utter dogshit, couldn’t hold onto the ball to save his life

It's chess. It's all in the strategy.

NBA fans are by far the dumbest people I’ve come across

>Newfags still think these numbers are legit