Was Dembele elite or sumshit?

I always heard people raving about how amazing he was at keeping possession and being a very strong dribbler but whenever I watched him play he did fuck all. Did I just catch him during off games or was he a meme?

Attached: p39104.png (500x500, 276K)

Check his solo goal in eredivisie, thats R9 lvl of dribbling. But ball protection isnt everything thats why he never was a starter for belgium. Witsel is more intelligent, fellaini is more clutch and he cant do long balls or laser passes like kdb/tielemans

I'm 100% sure his numbers with tottenham are shit without looking at it

Maybe not elite, but at least very close to it.

Elite, but underrated. Brainlets can't understand his position.

If he had have ever added goals or assists to his game he would have unironically been one of the best players in the world in midfield. In the end he was just >le try and take the ball off me, oh you cant man

Best cm in the prem at the time

Elite when in form but his bottom level was absolutely terrible
Inconsistent with not enough end product

He was elite. Without him, Eriksen and Alli both got massively exposed because there was nobody to safeguard their lack of defensive responsibility.

really good. if he had any sort of shooting ability I think he would've been regarded as elite

/thread

yeah he was shite
or at least mediocre
never a top midfielder

Elite but like everyone said he didn't really shoot or make incisive pass very often. But he was an insane dribbler, very strong, and many famous players have said it's impossible to get the ball off him.

fun fact he started out as a striker and I don't mean youth teams or that type of shit i mean literally when tottenham bought him he was a striker

As much as I love him, he was always just a more limited yaya toure

No he wasn't, he got converted from Striker to CM by Jol during his time at Fulham

lost Belgium the WC

Elite at dribbling and retaining possession but passing always a little off and couldn’t shoot at all

>Eredivisie

He was already a midfielder. I remember that because we played at Old Trafford right after we signed him and the commentators kept mentioning what a good performance he had there for Fulham in midfield a few games earlier.

great ball control, very slow to decide where to pass to. he'd beat 3 men then turn in a circle while all 3 got back in position. would have been elite if he could have fixed that.

Kek that described him perfectly for belgium since 2008