You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player rated at least 2700 on the official rating list for...

You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player rated at least 2700 on the official rating list for May 2019.

World Championship mode: At least one player above 2800.
Chess Olympiad mode: At least four players above 2700.

Attached: May 2019.png (750x1234, 154K)

I'm posting anyway

Attached: 1490326404430.jpg (332x350, 18K)

In fairness, it wouldn't surprise me if Jorge Cori is the next player to break 2700.

He's pretty good. I bet that master Granda is pretty proud about him.

I just checked and he's currently the third highest rated player who has never been above 2700, behind Nils Grandelius and Matthew Sadler.

Granda himself peaked at 2699, what a shame.

Man, Vishy's past is prime

A former World Champion slightly past his prime is still very, very strong.

Jews are one point away. look out

he doesn't know chess is a sport
adorable

Attached: MFW hifan.jpg (720x720, 78K)

it is not

honestly wouldnt mind if norway chess queer got range banned for posting this same fucking thread over and over again

Don't disrespect queers, please.

honestly wouldn't mind if american egg cucks got range banned for eating cheeseburgers over and over again

too bad i dont watch nfl mick

Vishy is still my favourite supergm

Every now and then he shows that he definitely still has it.

FIDE is recognized by the IOC as a sports governing body. Therefore, chess is a sport. Maybe if you can establish a sports organization for robbing F1 personnel at gunpoint, we could call that a sport as well.

IOC recognizes a stroll with horses a sport
I'm telling you it is not a sport

>sets the line one point above the best israeli yet again
based anders breivik posting on Yea Forums from the mental asylum

>I'm telling you it is not a sport
Well I would rather believe the IOC than someone whose national dish is sopa de macaco

>being this butthurt this wasn’t another divenigger thread

Attached: 9B630FC3-4ADB-4796-95A3-5C402DF7ECC7.jpg (1800x1079, 544K)

P-Paco has been rated above 2700.

Chess isn't a sport

>his country is so irrelevant at sports that he needs to make a thread about chess to try fit in
By the way, this should be on at best, but probably

>White to move
>Mate in six

Attached: puz.png (711x586, 123K)

no one cares what you shitskins think

>White to move
>Mate in three

>Ehn and Kastner tell us that the great Paul Morphy needed more than an hour to solve this problem, whereas Alexander Alekhine did it in a few seconds. Would you like to compare your solving skills with the two World Champions?

Attached: Dietrich E.L. Wasmann1863.png (544x555, 93K)

>ME WANT MORE MESSOY THREADS LE TWAIN XDDDDD

Attached: 03A86E61-518F-4F86-AB0C-E2948EC1BEE1.png (630x384, 190K)

Bb1 b2 Ra2 b3 etc...Ra5 b6 Be4 m8

Glass houses, my British friend. You guys get to talk about the snooker and darts on here.

Attached: TopEnglishAthlete.jpg (468x469, 56K)

> He thinks Morphy was a world champion
American education

>White to move
>Mate in three

>In this problem by the British composer Godfrey Heathcote you should look for the most absurd and meaningless move you can imagine. Found it? Then you have also found the solution to the problem.
correct, user. this theme is known as the caterpillar in joke compositions

Attached: GodfreyHeathcote1904.png (604x569, 90K)

>You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player rated at least 2700 on the official rating list for May 2019.

Not so fast, brainlets

he was actually much more of a world champion than most official world champions. there was no one who could compete with him; he completely dominated everyone. that's something very different from playing once every three years and barely managing to edge out your opponent even with extremely favorable conditions. and don't even get me started on the mafia party that is FIDE

*perpetuates the "Morphy was great" meme*

N-not funny

chess is pretty kino, but while trying to get good at it i realised what kind of massive brainlet i am so i gave up

Who is the highest rated negrito?

giri

some Swede

>Welsh names
>English flags
>the nation of Wales

Fischer thought that Morphy was great and that he would beat any living player in a match if he was given time to catch up on theory.

But that's just a World Champion giving his genuine opinion on another World Champion. It's not an user on Yea Forums giving a one-sentence response... that's more serious.

Not a sport

Based