Are rugby players the best athletes?

Are rugby players the best athletes?

Attached: 3a9879890cb21a2b9408c3d108327ebe.jpg (445x594, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/espn/page2/sportSkills
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, specifically rugby league

No, dude is straight fat no abdominal definition whatsoever

Considering that a top international rugby coach said he could beat any team in the world if you gave him 10 top NCAA d1 football players and two weeks to coach them, probably not.

No one ever said this

>GIVE ME 10 GOOD MEN

Ten isn't even enough for a team.

Decathletes are the best athletes

Attached: 1525243045119.png (225x225, 12K)

>my big burger fat arse is all the source i need

You should respect your saviors more.

this man is an expert on male physiques

If you are to use the actual definition, then it's probably biathletes or tour cyclists or rowers. Something like that. Huge lungs, infinite endurance, excellent discipline and so on.

If you are to use the American definition then it's someone in the WWE or a fat black retard

Attached: sources.png (500x300, 42K)

>a top international rugby coach said
extremely legitimate post

You too.

Rugby league more so because it requires more stamina as there are less breakages in play.

NFL players are bigger, faster, and stronger.

Blacks >>> Polynesians

>Americans
And no boxers are the best all round athletes

>bigger

true they all fat as fuck

They are but they lack the endurace to play rugby or a lot of other sports. NFL is explosive, requiring only a few seconds woth of action at any time.

>fat

Attached: 142B71DE-BE79-4DD2-A092-E00FF8E8158F.jpg (576x770, 291K)

Do you have many pictures of men's bodies saved to your computer?

>lacks endurance
>Sprints and jumps for 40 mins

Cardio shape is the easiest shape to get in to. Give these guys 2-3 weeks and they’d be fine

Attached: 0A5E4A79-DFF8-4266-9689-1C59327672C8.jpg (472x700, 48K)

Definition of "athlete"

"An athlete (also sportsman or sportswoman) is a person who competes in one or more sports that involve physical strength, speed or endurance."

So I guess that rules out NFL. I'm an NFL fan but that isn't endurance. Rugby's a good shout in all fairness.

Good one dude. It’s almost like we can get any picture we want in 20 seconds with the internet.

>moving the goalposts

How come every rugby player who has come to the NFL has failed miserably?

>american athlete
you seem to like black males so picked this one on google

Attached: 56b3b2401f00000d012175cc.jpg (720x480, 70K)

But would he be able to tackle and be tackled constantly?! I doubt it

How come a top cyclist wouldn't make it as a soccer player? Unless you are saying there's no skill involved in the NFL and it's just about who's the fastest and strongest?

How many successful NFL players are playing rugby? Checkmate retard

Rugby players have failed in US primarily because it was too physically painful for them. They didn’t like getting hit that hard

So, being pussies

Because sport, even your shoddy excuse for one, is something where your skillset is fundamental. You can't just hop into one despite being excellent at another. The finer points of the NFL are lost on its fans and most of its pundits, who blindly insist that if only someone had a higher 1RM or ran forty yards slightly quicker that they'd be certain to have pulled it off.

Americans are obsessed with "athleticism" despite it not having any relevance to any of the sports they play. You cannot break everything down to an improvable metric.

Why would they play rugby? The NFL pays way more $ and rugby is seen as lesser over here.

Source, again

Attached: 1523741293285.jpg (898x904, 145K)

Why would anyone go from the NFL to rugby? the starting salary in the NFL is nearly 200K higher than the average rugby salary

>why would you drive indycar or nascar when F1 pays way more

Yes. Afl players are close

>leave the burgerbowl to me

Attached: 54b7f3116bb3f7183bbd40eb-750-562.jpg (750x562, 64K)

So there aren't any?! So what you are saying is NFL players are too scared to play rugby. Looks like you lose this argument.

Ice Hockey players are the best athletes in the world and it's not even close

Very well, then. I'll make an NFL team made up of WSM competitors and heavyweight boxers. I'll see you in the Super Bowl.

track and field stars are a cut above team sports players as athletes it isn’t even up for debate

Erm sorry sweeties it's boxing ;-)

espn.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

Based bong BTFOing the fat amerimutt

As an Australian lving in the US I have to say that AFL is even more retarded than American sports. it also has delusional fans that believe it more relevant than it is.

Well, it says strength, speed, OR endurance, not necessarily all three. The NFL definitely specializes in strength and speed, soccer would be speed and endurance, something like long distance running or biking would be very endurance dominant. Rugby does seem like a pretty good combination of all three.

Define athlete?

IMO, is had to include some combination of strength, endurance, hand eye coordination, and resistance (such as other players defending you, or pushing against you in some way). Those variables can be weighed differently depending on the sport, but all those factors have to be present. I don’t consider something like the high jump a sport. Sorry

You clearly are not and australian lol

I know this isn't the board for deeper questions, but I must ask; if a sport is played and no one is there to watch it, is it actually a sport?

Attached: nrl-crowd 04-05-19.jpg (1331x681, 175K)

As an American lving in the UK I have to say that NFL is even more retarded than British sports. it also has delusional fans that believe it more relevant than it is.

/nrl/ on suicide watch

Huh? I’m sure there are some. But any American football players that convert to rugby are the castoffs who couldn’t cut it in the NFL or the CFL. Rugby is autism tier in US.

I am from Queensland m8
AFL is retarded and only loved south of the barassi line. Delusional Melbrounites think VFL is obsessed over all over the country

As an American living in Australia I have to say that there aren't nearly enough black male white female couples here. Ot has so many delusional people that believe it's weird to obsess over black men.

WATCH RUGBY

Attached: e4f524795da65ca541523c77ebee0355.jpg (1024x768, 110K)

There is literally not a single American playing rugby for any respectable team or nation. The closest would be Mason Cox who was a basketball reject and plays for Collingwood in the AFL.

Ah, okay. Fair enough mate you seemed like a braindead yank but youre from Queensland so makes sense. Afl is relevant in wa sa and vic but no where else yea

>would LeBron James be able to tackle and be tackled?

He was an all-state football player before quitting to play basketball full time. He could’ve hand chosen any top university to play for and would’ve been an nfl prospect, had he went that direction.

Yes, yes he could and can

I tried to get into it as well especially when the Lions were elite but with no one around to watch it with or explain the nuances of the sport it comes off as a bunch of blokes kicking a ball around chaotically with no positions or tactics

Burgerball players would cry after 5 minutes without their pads and helmets.