Are you ready to embrace baseball, Brits?

Are you ready to embrace baseball, Brits?

youtube.com/watch?v=LaCQ8PIPPFA

Attached: 1.jpg (687x698, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/starting9/status/1120076936242499590?s=21
fivethirtyeight.com/features/messi-is-more-dominant-than-ever-and-barcelona-is-more-dependent/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what a boring "sport"

so what? no fucking one cares what you think you dumb Mukbanger.

>people actually livestream other people eating food
what kind of country is this

The MLB is dumb is for trying to promote the sport there. Even though cricket and baseball are more different than similar, the superficial similarities are too great for a cricket nation to take to the sport. It'll just result in a lot of cricket watchers comparing it to cricket. Same with trying to export football to countries that already have "eggball" sports.

The place for the MLB to promote is China.

You are dumb and probably a chink.

How so? All foreigners do is complain about why our football (ex, football should do this and this so it's more like rugby) and bat-and-ball ("Full tosses and gloves!") sports aren't more like theirs.

Why promote to a region that reflexively dislikes something?

>All foreigners do is complain about why our football (ex, football should do this and this so it's more like rugby)
NFL games in London play to crowds of 80k three to four times a year.

>Why promote to a region that reflexively dislikes something?
By not being so retarded as to think that Yea Forums banter is normie reality.

It's just rounders innit.

fucking expensive tickets, even with a west ham season ticket i was offered seats for £300 each. ripoff

yeah, and rounders is considered a girls sport

>NFL games in London play to crowds of 80k three to four times a year.
Brits tell us it's expats plus people just attending for the novelty of it.

>By not being so retarded as to think that Yea Forums banter is normie reality.
This banter isn't restricted to Yea Forums.

which one is worse cricket or baseball ?

I'm sure a similar set of hipster faggots to those who turn up for the handegg will go to this.

it's not banter your sports arent appreciated in europe (exept nba)

Are Brits who see baseball as rounders seriously or is it "banter?"

The ball is softly tossed underhand in Rounders to batters, who wield a small bat where you really can't hit the ball all that hard (while exit velocities in baseball are up to 125mph)

I don't think you're seeing 104 mph this in Rounders.

twitter.com/starting9/status/1120076936242499590?s=21
I could be wrong, though.

Attached: 479472793.jpg (1024x683, 473K)

You mean that sport we invented?

>(exept nba)
Our worst sport. Naturally. Bat-and-ball sports aren't appreciated in general in continental Europe.

Attached: Truth.png (994x1213, 1.27M)

we only have rounders. the only difference is the ball thrown slower.

desu this will be the first time for 40 years where a baseball game will sell out so i dont blame them

>You mean that sport we invented?
Codifier gets the credit. A bunch of loose folk British "base ball" games existed, but nothing with firm rules.

Attached: Aprettylittlepocketbook.jpg (367x543, 43K)

>the only difference is the ball thrown slower.
Huge difference. Not to mention the size of the bat, pitching tactics (do Rounders pitchers have to learn different all manner of curves, fastballs, change ups, sliders, sinkers, and the like?), are there double plays, sacrifices, stolen bases in Rounders? There's no strikeouts, balls, walks, or count in Rounders.

The sports aren't similar at all.

No one will be able to tell you the minutiae of rounders rules because it's a girls' sport and no one cares.

>sports where the players can be creative and play can be beautiful BAD
>man hit ball with stick hard GOOD

Attached: udfpiv27cr301.png (403x448, 53K)

If you don't know the minutiae of Rounders and "don't care," then maybe it's not prudent to compare it to another sport that you also don't know the minutiae of (also, many of these differences aren't minutiae. The ball being thrown slowly is a massive and obvious difference).

Attached: seething_anger.jpg (200x285, 26K)

>80k three to four times a year

Because it's a novelty, nobody actually goes because they follow the NFL. You realise 99% of NFL games are on in the middle of the night in the UK? Nobody watches that shit.

A few more years and the novelty will die off and the ass will fall out of UK NFL.

Yeah, this one ain't gonna work, amerifriends.

Brits love anything American though so it will take off.

A regular NFL team gets 8 home games a year so I wouldn't say 4 games a year is a novelty.

>it's a yanks try to promote their sports in europe episode

Attached: 1549637916712.png (438x432, 61K)

>By not being so retarded as to think that Yea Forums banter is normie reality.
The "Yea Forums banter" originally comes from normalfags you fucking retarded freshcunt

This is quite elite actually.

I am 27 and I have never heard anyone talk about baseball in my life, no idea it had a following here. I have at least met a couple of people who watch NFL or NBA.

Definitely Pétanque

This infuriates me it is America’s pastime not the fucking Brits. They are too stupid and short sighted to get the shuttle nuisances of a complicated game like baseball. Furthermore the most important part where the hell are they gonna play it it’s not like they can uproot the greatest sports venue in the history of man and move Fenway park to bongistan. This is really stupid all the way around.

Cricket is the best sport on earth. Only brainlets can't appreciate its theatre and subtly.

Attached: shane wal botc.webm (854x480, 2.12M)

Jesus, it's like crabs in a bucket. The reason NFL games sell-out in London is for the novelty of American sports. British people don't even give a fuck about cricket, let alone baseball. The novelty is going to wear off and eventually there'll be one guy in a Tim Bradly jersey watching the Mets vs the Alligators.

>British people don't even give a fuck about cricket
It's still the second most popular sport there. It's true that its following is minuscule compared to soccer but the only other sports that's on cricket's level in England is rugby.

Chubby guy throws ball. Great theatre indeed. Oh, but he spun it! The pitch will exaggerate the spin, mate.

Try doing it with your feet and in such a way the spin remains in flight.

I present to you the master.

Imagine that fat cunt Warne trying that. LMAO

>Tim Bradly jersey watching the Mets vs the Alligators.
kek

Until europoors stop trying to export divegrass Americans will export all their shitty sports

murrican sports are utter shit

I assume you meant nuances. And it's not complicated. Guy throws ball, guy hits it, other guys try to catch it, or throw it to the bases before the hitguy can run around all of them. What's complicated is how baseball fans have interpreted this. People have interpreted coin flips, made complicated mathematical models based on it. It doesn't make the coin flip itself more of a complicated process.

I don't think that's true. Rugby is more culturally pervasive. The 6 Nations alone dwarves cricket.

it’ll just be full of burgers who work for investment banks, like the first few nfl Wembley games

you're absolutely delusional if you think cricket even has a chance vs rugby in any place where ppl don't shit on the streets

Depends on the series, but the Ashes dwarves anyhting rugby except the RWC. Cricket is hard to compare because its all series as opposed to leagues. A series against, say, Pakistan or Sri Lanka is going to have less interest than the 6 Nations for sure.

I follow both sports, have no reason to be biased. You can simply look at tv ratings.

Guy passes ball to other guy who passes to other guy who runs with ball and kicks it toward the that big net thing away from guy guarding said net thing.

What's complicated is how soccer fans interpreted this. Even a coach admitted soccer fans on blogs are seeing things that aren't there.

>Borussia Monchengladbach coach Dieter Hecking also said recently that it is difficult for him to understand what some experts concluded about his tactics when watching matches he coached.

>He said: "I read one of those pieces following a Wolfsburg match [where he coached until late 2016], and asked myself, 'They say I came up with those highly complex things?'"

Isn't baseball just rounders?

>TV ratings
no one cares about cricket in Europe, it's simply the truth. Barely anyon knows what a cricket bat looks like, for all we know it's on par with baseball. Rugby is a diferent story, even tho no one follows it, lots of ppl play it in clubs around Europe and most countries have a NT team.

>in Europe
??? We're talking about England specifically, you illiterate Moor.

>no one cares about cricket in Europe,
Believe he was talking about England. Ashes is a big event in the country.

6 nations has definitely become bigger here than the ashes since the ashes moved to Sky

lol yank baseball tickets are like £6 for some teams

my bad
don't be mad aussie, rugby is still bigger than cricket in England

Biggest sports in England are: Soccer, Darts, Snooker, Rugby.

Man, when I was over there for a bit, aside from soccer, they really are wild about darts. It's like the Superbowl.

;_; fuck the ecb

I get it and I didn't claim anything about football, however, baseball is less complicated than football. You have so few choices in baseball, and a lot more in football. In baseball you can hit it or not hit it. That is then a strike, a ball, a hit, or a foul. Then you do it again. Apart from where you decide to field, the players have set positions. There's not a lot of options. In football, they can't rely on statistics to decide whether a player is good or not, there are just too many variables for statistics to cover.

Always curious why soccer took off in continental Europe but not cricket.

in soccer you can kick or not kick

I don't know why soccer fans believe their sport exists in some magical realm outside mathematical explanation. Player value can be quantified by statistics. If not, it means the sport is luck based. Yes, you can't quantify "intangibles," like performance under pressure (you can if you had a big enough sample size, but a player, in any sport, doesn't get nearly enough "clutch moments" over a career for a meaningful sample size), but you certainly can most events in sports.

Messi is considered the best player in the world (greentext away) and, guess what, he also has the best statistical impact.

fivethirtyeight.com/features/messi-is-more-dominant-than-ever-and-barcelona-is-more-dependent/

I guess the fear is that scientification of the sport will somehow affect its mercurial nature, but it won't.

Soccer vs. baseball tactics and strategy is obviously an impossible comparison since the sports don't resemble each other in the least, but there's a lot of nuance in baseball. It's just not one guy throwing the ball hard and another guy swinging hard. The placement of each respective fastball in pic during 0-0 count that results in 0-1 count (batter takes each pitch) is a different situation and leads to different pitch choices for the next pitch. These two aren't in anyway created equal, despite both being strikes and having the same velocity.

Attached: TwoStrikes.png (1988x1267, 13K)

kek soccer idiots blown the fuck out

>horizontal cricket
no thanks burgers

fucking retard Messi is the best player ever but his team plays that to their favor, the tactics are mate having Messi being Messi in mind. A player batting is a player batting being babe ruth or whatever fotm negroid, even if the pitcher changes thing slightly, he still has to fucking pitch
kys and take your boring ass sport with you, just how shit must a sport be that even cricket is miles ahead in terms of entertainment is beyond me

>kys and take your boring ass sport with you,
Can't do. This is a thread about baseball. You can leave to any number of soccer threads where I'm sure they're passionately discussing who out dove who in the latest 0-0 tie or admiring Ronaldo's physique.

Cricket is a legitimately terrible sport. Baseball is far better.

Attached: 1532603835126.jpg (797x797, 102K)

t. yellow fever literal wog
KEK

Both are fine sports, my friend.

Attached: 791738-e41578de-58ee-11e3-ba26-b7fc4856beca (1).jpg (316x421, 38K)

We've got our boring sports covered nicely with Cricket, thanks

>Always curious why soccer took off in continental Europe but not cricket.
This is the brain of the average continental. So you can see why. In olden times, football was for the children and cricket for men. The continentals never put away their childish things.