SCIENCE explains Indian dominance in cricket

dailyo.in/sports/cwc-15-south-asians-cricket-edward-dutton-university-of-oulu-richar-lynn-ulster/story/1/2709.html
>anglo-saxons are too fat
>carribean blacks too fit
>indians are an ideal combination of fat and lanky
based scientists.

Attached: GettyImages-832483524.jpg (700x415, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

miragenews.com/football-confirmed-as-most-popular-organised-sport-in-australia/
twitter.com/MediaweekAUS/status/1124459779252822017
twitter.com/MediaweekAUS/status/1124485032209338369
twitter.com/MediaweekAUS/status/1124836658547834880
abc.net.au/news/2019-04-01/aflw-grand-final-year-in-review/10957394
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-League_attendance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_Big_Bash_League#2017/18_Season
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this sounds like a reach at confirmation bias

>the best players are indian, therefore indians are the best!

Attached: D0oQu7PWsAA_OsJ.png (500x522, 109K)

That's just because cricket is shit

Based Indians working the angloids into a seethe

Imagine if they do this for brain cells

some might say they're the best suited for it.. like the study says

>blacks are bad hurrr
>when West Indies dominated world cricket for 20 years
>Indians dominate world cricket
They ‘dominate’ the ipl and home test series on massive turning meme pitches and lost to the worst England team in the last 20 years away and a similarly weak South Africa
Great ‘journalism’

this the new /cric/ lads?

For fucks sake, just watch Baseball already.

>too fit for cricket
lol

>south Asians are the best fielders
Top 3 fielding teams historically are South Africa, Australia then West Indies in that order
Pakistan and India where comedy fielders for 100 years, most pakistanis and half the Indians still are

no

yes

Attached: 1532447314060.png (1001x823, 806K)

Indians aren't dominant though

They just beat Australia in tests in Australia.

not convincingly and without Australia's best players
Australia beat India in India just a few months ago too

historically they have never dominated either, it's either been Australia or the West Indies. India are South Africa tier

wow i know right? next thing they're going to say is that black men make better sprinters ha hahaha

id be the first to shit all over this "study" but im sure the loos have already done it first
but its not too much of a stretch to say being too fit or too unfit is bad for a game that doesn't require much beyond an ounce of attention

Let the poos have it. Dying sport in the homeland anyway.

Attached: 1209-australia-club-sport-data.jpg (582x588, 104K)

How is it that indians are competitive in cricket but completely irrelevant at any other sport?

Cricket is a meme “sport” and there are wayyyy more poopoos playing it than anyone else

Difference in pay. Cricket even at state level can earn you a decent living. Other sports you have to work regular jobs off-season to support yourself.
Pic related : guy in the middle is a Beijing Olympics Medalist boxer, works/used to work with for state police till he quit and moved overseas to become a professional boxer.

Attached: 1341530_Wallpaper2.jpg (640x480, 93K)

India are the top team right now but historically it was Australian dominance. West Indies were really strong for a couple generations too.

Why would you want to infect baseball with Indians, Australians, and South Africans? Let them have their own game so we don't have to interact with them.

a lifetime of street shitting makes them evolutionarily adapted to handle the wicked googly

>squatting to poo in the street gives you the muscles needed to play cricket

it's because of the popularity of the sport in india

if you think that russians are naturally good at chess or that indians are naturally good at cricket then you're a fucking moron

India literally isn't even the best at the moment and historically the game has been absolutely dominated by West Indies and Australia. If you put together an all time XI the ONLY Indian you could even argue that could dream of making the side is Sachin.

>watching fucking AFL over cricket
lmao this cant be real that ''sport'' is hilarious

Reckon Kohli is better than any Aussie since Bradman

AFL is the most popular sport in Australia. Keep in mind it was invented to keep our cricketers fit back in the 1800s so it's always historically and culturally gone hand in hand with cricket. AFL in winter and cricket in summer.

I don't even know what that list is measuring but AFL dominates tv ratings and crowd attendance and cricket dominates participation.

don't play anything else

they used to be quite good at field hockey when it was popular there, along with Pakistan.

>1.8 Billion people
>Get thrashed by Englel 4-1 even though barely anyone plays it there apart from upper class snobs

Attached: images (55).jpg (688x446, 33K)

>bradman
fuck up cunt he played against one single team, bradman is SHIT compared to GOATli

We used to be the goat team in hockey, pretty much nobody gives a fuck about it now.

Ponting was better.

Man for man anglo-saxons are the best at cricket.

>ignoring the Big Strong CeltGODs

Attached: mcgrath.jpg (650x366, 33K)

BASED

Attached: article-2332348-1A0934EE000005DC-61_634x480.jpg (634x480, 92K)

just want him back bros

can SCIENCE explain why queenslanders are so big strong muscular and handsome?

Attached: 1531570633881.jpg (1200x778, 120K)

Bitchwide is a Bestern Australian now

science literally CANNOT explain why west australia is SO fucking alpha

all the kiwi expats

Who the fuck cares about cricket lmao

me haha

Lol this bait

right here lad ama

reckon I do mate

ama

me, why do you ask?

Im a gay, chinese cricket fan and I live in Auckland. And proud of it

StatsLORD

I do

What’s entertaining about cricket?

based fucking statsGOD

Based statsy

honestly forgot he was a queenslander originally, thought he was always worst australian

Batting, bowling and fielding

There isn't anything on earth that can match the theatre of 5 days of Test cricket.

fuck up statscunt

lots mate, easily the most deep and strategic game in the world

I know everything about cricket, no seriously, I mean there is not one thing I don't know about it, the history, the players, the grounds, countries and rules. I can't even begin to tell you how many people I have pwned in my 10 years on r/cricket but let me tell you it's a lot, a hell of a lot. For all intensive purposes I should just hold back some of this mountain of knowledge I possess, my mind is just a powerhouse of cricket facts and figures, but what can I say I like to educate my fellow redditors, surely you've all seen me relentlessly push cricket on reddit for years now and seen my superior knowledge of the game and seen my sharp wit and clever use of memes at play. Surely you have seen me post picture after picture of stats and facts that prove how GOAT Australia, Sydney, cricket and myself are, an it's all been for you fellow brothers, I know you all respect me an have huge amounts of admiration for me and my posting abilities, as a great man once said, I'm responsible for 90% of cricket posts on reddit, well I said it but you know it's true anyway. I'd just like you also to know I'd appreciate it if you asked my permission when starting a thread about cricket, Olympics, any Australian generals or anything really, to be safe just run everything though me as I am the man around here, Please could you also tell all the new users that I am the example they must live up to an to follow my lead of informative and interesting posting skills, well I'm off to play some WoW

G O O S E Y

Attached: 1530946678339.jpg (800x600, 98K)

Lol. That'd be Association Football, mate. Only thing deep about cricket is the sleep you fall into while watching it.

t. Aesop Woggounoupoulous

>has to call it association football so we know what hes even talking about
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1353648323794.jpg.png.gif.jpg (330x412, 31K)

t. Sheetheos Apoplecticoupolos

t. Davide Del'Alessio

t. Stitsipasitas Giostefanopoupopolis

t. Aziz "Azza" Al Sayad

top kek

Isn't that because virtually nobody else cares about it?

second biggest sport in the world and this truthnuke makes you seethe

Played all across the globe by over half of earth's population lad. also australia and black bulls from the caribbean dominate cricket.

Proud Polish Australian and registered sex offender Joseph Melican LOVES cricket lad

>over half of earth's population
>2.5 is over half of 7+
Twain... This is only India + some other shithole overpopulated countries. It's the Speedway of Asia except countries that like it have more people in it.

Why does this objective fact rattle you so much, lad?

Attached: 1548516979619.png (1920x1080, 2.25M)

Soccer is only Europe + some other shithole South American countries

This, they always try to include africa enve tho 90% of africa doesnt even play sports at all or have any infrastructure.

where did the poorupeeans run off to?

That fact you made up about over half the population? You're really proud Indian shitholes play this worse version of boreball.

were in /hoc/

Be kind to my fellow countrymen. They talk up cricket's global "relevance" so we can feel accomplished at global sport. But the hard fact is that less than a 150 million people from first world countries play cricket (SA, AUS, NZ, UK).

It always escapes me why we take such pride in beating non-sporting countries and England who don't even care about the sport anymore. Just an excuse to not join the rest of the world and play football.

trip on proxy off Josh

We love football too. Most participated sport and the watched by people under-25 more than cricket. I know you see it out and about, Bruce. All the kids wearing their Ronaldo and Messi shirts. An unfathomable sight as recent as 15 years ago.

Attached: BoomerPaddle.jpg (800x522, 47K)

>even tennis is higher
what are you trying to prove here
you literally never see kids in those shirts tb h

miragenews.com/football-confirmed-as-most-popular-organised-sport-in-australia/

as your graph shows you can make up stats on anything

All this unsourced graph shows ithat zoomers dont care about sport at all and that cricket is by far the most popular sport in aus lmao

Ah, yes. One of the most beloved sports in Australia, where a finals game can't even get 10% of the tv ratings that a regular season AFL game games
twitter.com/MediaweekAUS/status/1124459779252822017 (plus 212k on foxtel)
vs
twitter.com/MediaweekAUS/status/1124485032209338369 a whopping 35k.

>b-but that's just a-league, we only watch english soccer
twitter.com/MediaweekAUS/status/1124836658547834880
KEK even the super rugby gets bigger tv audiences than this.

ohnonono

Lol. It's the same with soccer fans here. "It's growing! EPL ratings!"

Then you put the EPL ratings into context and they're getting beat by Lumberjack competitions. MLS performs abysmally on television, as well. Women's basketball level and loses to billiards.

Attached: ESPN2 TV Ratings MLS May 10 2015.jpg (1600x847, 128K)

>all those different billiards events with high ratings
wtf

have my personal opinions on the American race but respect the rejection of wogball

We can take a step back even further and look how WOMEN'S sport compares to soccer, only to see that soccer STILL gets utterly blown the fuck out by footy and cricket.

53k people attended the AFLW grand final
abc.net.au/news/2019-04-01/aflw-grand-final-year-in-review/10957394
There is only ONE (1) a-league game that has EVER gotten a bigger crowd attendance than this WOMEN'S AFL game. And this is despite the stigma attached to women's sport.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-League_attendance

Now the real kicker here is women's sports are growing extremely quickly while A-League attendance and tv ratings are down year on year. Let that sink in.

>b-but that's jsut footy, w-we all know its popular in australia, b-but soccer is more popular than cricket!!!
Well, you'd still be wrong. In fact one against we don't even need to look at men's cricket to see that soccer gets utterly obliterated. The women's big bash league comprehensively blows both EPL and A-league the fuck out in tv ratings, as you can see here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_Big_Bash_League#2017/18_Season

Yup, it's quite funny the mental gymnastics they do. My favourite is when they start saying things like "w-well only young people watch soccer and we're all watching on streams, not tv!!!!"
Very glad America never fell for the divegrass meme.

Honestly if i lived there I'd rather follow wogball than any of their major spoorts. at least the EPL is an alright time zone for them

like fat americans fat aussies are too add to appreciate the subtlety and beauty of football. they need all their scores to be in the 50s and more or the sport needs to give players brain damage for them to watch.

I'd follow baseball, hockey and possibly even american football over soccer. Although i'd probably stick to college football over NFL.

>I'd follow baseball
stopped reading right there. there's more going on in a t20 than that shit

>"w-well only young people watch soccer and we're all watching on streams, not tv!!!!"
Yep. A common excuse. They also use the youth participation argument, believing it will translate into them becoming lifelong viewers. Probably like Australia, most kids abandon the sport. It's a babysitting activity.

I'm indifferent to the sport, but the evangelical nature of its fans is annoying. They almost hunger for it replace some element of native sporting culture (in both our countries).

hmm, i wont lie ive not even watched a game but it seems comfy at least.

Yup, kids play soccer here when their parents dont want them to play dangerous sports like aussie rules or rugby leage/union. The adults who play it are in the same boat, they want to stay in shape but dont want to injure themselves. I've personally never even seen soccer being played at any of the ovals near my house. Only seen cricket, aussie rules, and surprisingly a baseball club.

I like both sports, and you're wrong. No use arguing, though, because you've obviously made up your mind. Cheers.

Ice hockey and baseball seem alright, fuck fatball though. reckon basketball is the worst sport ever made too

If I were from America I'd neck myself immediately that said

Yes, I fucking hate wogball with a passion but basketball is definitely worse still.

footy players are statistically the most fit athletes of any football code
the average footy player will run 1.5 times as far as wogball players will despite being substantially larger and the kind of movement required being more demanding

slightly better than T20s I reckon

nothing on proper cricket though

Not to mention getting tackled and having to bust tackles as well. And jumping to take marks.

fuck off sebbo

was just thinking today how fucking awful basketball is lol. don't like ice hockey either, they actually promote fighting in the sport

>hmm, i wont lie ive not even watched a game but it seems comfy at least.
Said in another post that I know both sports, and baseball and cricket have very similar metagames, with the primary difference being the sports are kind of inversions of each other in that in one, a batter faces a line up of bowlers, while in the other a pitcher faces a lineup of batters.

He's probably only watched baseball highlights and think all batters do is play "pull shots" and indiscriminately swing hard. Since baseball doesn't have a 360 playing field, a cricket batter definitely has a couple of more "stroke options," but a baseball player doesn't have "strokes" that resemble a cut shot, lofted drive, cover drive, sweep shot and "defensive shots" to use in fouling the ball off until the batter forces the pitcher into a mistake. We just don't have names for them.

The core of both sports is about exploiting batter/bowler-pitcher tendency with different types of bowls/pitches and fielder positioning.

>but a baseball player doesn't have
*does have

fighting is what makes me interested

fuck im glad im not the only one that hates basketball with a passion. its by far the worst sport on the planet. constant back and fourth meaningless scoring, no build up or excitement to anything. at least in soccer its fairly exciting to see the buildup to a good goal.

yeah i feel like theres more to baseball but you can only appreciate it if you actually watch it a fair bit, same with cricket. its why i wouldnt just dismiss it outright.

They only dominate because no other country gives a shit about the "sport". Penal colonies don't count

They don't dominate. Not now nor historically.

>yeah i feel like theres more to baseball but you can only appreciate it if you actually watch it a fair bit, same with cricket. its why i wouldnt just dismiss it outright.
Both sports are great. I like the bat-and-ball sports probably more than the "goal sports" (i.e. soccer, basketball) since it's a more creative design for a sport than just a group of players running around a rectangle trying to put an object into a goal.

They're also very psychological at times.

yeah feel like fundamentally a game with the structure of cricket or baseball has to have complexity and depth because of how it works

based

Same for us and Americans, it's good you have your own game and we don't have to interact with lard brained mutts

an indian user at last.

>dominating a sport no relevant countries give a shit about
Amazing.

Explain cricket in 6 words or less

waste of a perfectly good summer