Pay attention to this emblem. In several months it will be as recognizable as apple and coca-cola

Pay attention to this emblem. In several months it will be as recognizable as apple and coca-cola

Remember this post

Attached: GOAT.png (400x276, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jdXjerxt6vQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RxvcH25WThg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BASED

Im from Toronto and the only raptors game iv watched this year was Lins first game

you mean Lin's final game. How is Markham btw?

Im in richmond hill and im not a chink.

I take it Lin has been shit.

can't wait for the leafs to lose. followed by the "DeRozen wouldn't choke to big daddy Kyrie" posts

ah my richmond hill brother. yes he has been

>york region

Attached: hatlonboi.jpg (294x171, 7K)

Stay poor lol

atleast i'm white

Who /NorthYork/ here?

So am i, i spend most of my time in vaughn with russians

So is Lin not even playing anymore? I get that he was just a band-aid while Van Fleet was out. And he's been on 8 teams in 8 years. But i thought he could ball. Last I heard of him he was bricking 3's off the side of the glass 2 weeks after we got him.

Is there anything more pathetic tryhard and cucked than leafs (((repping))) their trash plastic team in a burger sport?

Stick to hockey and have some self respect

fuck that emblem

Attached: soul.jpg (331x296, 39K)

he is a 3rd stringer. he gets his minuted during blowouts, and if Lowry or FVV get injured then he will likely get actual bench minutes

Imagine naming your team after a movie that has nothing to do with your sport, city or country

How can they stick to hockey when they are yet again eliminated and haven't won in 30 years

Based

>cool '90s jerseys
>prime vince
>w-we are the north
>denied by lebron every year

imagine that being your favorite team's entire legacy. i'd need ten paragraphs to tell you the history of my team

Canada cannot even win ice hockey, now your trying to tell me they will win in a better sport? LoL

Holy shit I never knew they were founded right after the movie and named it that as a marketing gimmick

Completely embarrassing and cringe

Shouldnt you be getting ready to attend mosque

Besides the Huskies for historical reasons that was unironically the best name. I have an old newspaper i've been trying to find with a picture of people holding basketballs with the final 10 choices for team name. People wanted to name them the Spiders, and a fuck ton of people wanted Toronto T-Rex's"

Raptors isnt the best but it's better than shit like Pelicans and Bobcats

>In 1994, fans were asked to submit their preference for the team’s new name, which resulted in a final list of 10 options: Beavers, Bobcats, Dragons, Grizzlies, Hogs, Scorpions, T-Rex, Tarantulas, Terriers and Raptors.

>the Vince Carter kit with that logo on the chest
GOAT

>tfw no Toronto Hogs

Bet they are kicking themselves not naming them dragons and missing out on all that dildo and game of thrones money

>tfw leaf creativity is on the level of a kindergartner

Yikes

toronto tarantulas sounds horrible

All American teams have kind of silly names tho

I had no idea they changed it. When did this happen

Packers
Giants
Eagles
Brewers
76ers
Celtics
Saints
Etc

How hollow and insignificant is your city/geographical area that you can't find one (1) culturally relevant name for your team

They went for the claw logo to recruit Kawhi

and what extremely well-known blockbuster, that had one of the biggest pop-culture impacts of any movie and is often credited with bringing interest in dinosaurs back up, came out the year before this naming contest?

What’s the meaning behind the Giants? Genuinely curious

Generally speaking American teams at least try to tie their names in with someone geographically/historically relevant.
The NBA just kind of doesn't give a shit about any of that, though, which is why it has the worst names of the big four.

Well, aren't american football and baseball teams way older than your basketball teams tho? All the names were already taken kek

Should have named the team Toronto Dead Nigger Storage desu

>aren't american football and baseball teams way older than your basketball teams tho
Some of them, sure. But even then modern expansions for baseball and hockey still try to stick with that idea (IE Colorado Rockies, Arizona Coyotes, etc.)
in the 90's the NBA just said fuck it and stopped coming up with decent names altogether.

Skyscrapers probably

based nigger

Woah you're going to scare away the advertisers with your edge

underage retard

tourist bruh if you're trying to jinx their campaign, here is the proper template

title: OFFICIAL TORONTO RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPIONSHIP CELEBRATION THREAD

body: I know it's only the semis/the ecf/game 1 of the finals/game 6 of the finals with tony brothers and scott foster crewing but fuck it, get in here canabros, WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!

WE ARE THE CHAMP IONS MUH FREHENS

Every fucking city has skycrapers

Well im glad you got the joke

At the time the baseball/football giants were created, NYC had the most and tallest skyscrapers in the world.

Name aged horribly then. What kind of retard didn’t foresee every city building skyscrapers?

Uh huh

76ers fan here....
fuck....
enjoy ur win bois

>NYC had the most and tallest skyscrapers in the world
Until the NY Jets came along

who /GTA/ here?

Attached: gtamemes.jpg (828x730, 68K)

they just ripped off the Jurassic Park raptors with this logo

Cool to see Toronto become a bball city. Luckpuck is lame. If the Raps make it the Finals probably be the most watched professional sporting event in the country's history.

swing and a miss

Not to mention all the names that made sense in their original location that are now complete nonsensical thanks to relocations

There are no grizzlies in Memphis, there are no lakes in LA, and there is most certainly no jazz in Utah

>Mfw the Sixers steal game 2 and win the series in 7

Attached: 9CE93534-070F-41CA-96D0-7B24D7E8805F.jpg (92x124, 2K)

that's complete bullshit lol, they're just supposed to sound like badasses

This is actually really funny

youtube.com/watch?v=jdXjerxt6vQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RxvcH25WThg

Attached: 1517582846906.png (500x575, 216K)

Have you noticed that in those rare occasion where a Soccer team that is not named as [insert the location] + FC, is usually a far better name than American sports?

>Arsenal
>Wanderers
>Internazionale
>Juventus
>Newells Old Boys
>Real + [insert city]

They should been styling new logo like Hornets did but with redrawn Raptor. New logo is plastic as fuck

That would require Embiid to not be absolutely manhandled by Gasol again, but he has been every single time they’ve played each other

Apple and coca-cola
So a ZOG sigil for controlling brain-dead goyim?

Simcoe-County reporting in

Attached: 1519425601388.gif (990x405, 294K)

Surprisingly and amusingly accurate

>t. loses to us in every tournament

Attached: canada.jpg (836x640, 87K)