Is this league relevant?

is this league relevant?

Attached: 1510158401-MLS-Logo.jpg (900x738, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=63MLTANXMY8&t=67s
youtube.com/watch?v=VGziBpYp_3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is now thanks to the based LOONbros

It's about as irrelevant as you can get

if you live in a city with an MLS team, yes
otherwise no

No
Primetime games draw WNBA tier numbers

lolno

No.

Doesnt matter does it

Too much money.
Silly to think they wont be dominating the region, and wont be a top 5 league even short term.
The proof is in the sports business.

Need to raise the salary cap first

Which most the owners want to do, theyre suggesting tripling it.
Which would make them the top league in north and south america over night.

league bleeds money without expanision fees via empty promises keeping it afloat

Gotta read into sports business, and business in general a little more.

Why do you think cities and ownership groups are competing to give MLS 200 million to join the league?

Ill give you a small summary.
If you spend 100m for an expansion fee..
Lose 10 million every year.
5 years later your team is worth 200m..
How much did you lose?

No

youtube.com/watch?v=63MLTANXMY8&t=67s

>philly union
>play 20 min away in a different town

I want to give it a shot but they don't make it easy

hell I perfectly understand that and am not saying some won't make out in the meantime but the chickens will come home to roost eventually

Nah.
The path is clear now.
MLS significantly improves in talent every year, and their expansion clubs are making big impacts on local markets creating a forced national foot print

No one should confuse this for a single second-
It is fucking stupid
To expect that the league of the united states sporting landscape..
that MLS wont dominate the region and challenge for best league in the world
Sooner rather than later.

only to soigoys

Attached: timbers.png (898x374, 110K)

holy cringe

whats cringe about that?

>whats cringe about that?

Attached: 222c7o.jpg (576x768, 40K)

oh ok

It shows off south american talent to europe I guess

>Too much money.
What money, you fucking retard? MLS is held afloat by expansion fees (like a pyramid scheme) and SUM money from all those shitty chicano Mexico friendlies, not because MLS is good at making money on their own.

Attached: 1507492522349.png (600x842, 142K)

it won't be relevant until they allow the biggest team on the planet in

Attached: seagulls.jpg (468x286, 40K)

>MLS is held afloat by expansion fees (like a pyramid scheme)
Ponzi scheme, you dope.
Anyway, this expansion scheme is unsustainable. The question is will it collapse or will FIFA stop being cowards and hold USSF accountible.

It’s not that relevant but I think it has lasting power other professional leagues lacked.

for me it's the J league

Relevant? No.
Entertaining? More so than it's given credit for.

only when the league attracts a 18 year old prodigies destined to play in Europe than 35 year old EPL has beens

balding that young is a fucking tragedy

I like it but I’m a junkie for the sport

The French league isn't even relevant

If producing top tier cringe equals relevancy then yes they are the most relevant

>t. flagposter

In which way do you think that makes sense?

Why are Americans so overdramatic when it comes to politics?

>be american
>dad #1 and dad #2 take me to oakland poofers vs queensland queers game
>we visit mcdonald and kfc before the match start, even though dad #1 struggles to get through the door, we finally manage to slip him in by greasing him with our dirty hair
>in the stadium now
>cheerleaders show before the match start, all of them are obviously transgenders and gays because it's no longer 20th century where the women were discriminated against and objectified
>at the end of the show they all make out in front of us
>teams come out
>literally and metaphorically
>national anthem before we start
>instead of the USA flag there's the rainbow faggots flag flying high
>after national anthem, there's the faggots anthem called 'You'll Never Walk Alone'
>match finally starts
>cannot see shit because people in front of me are waving rainbow, LBGT and antifa flags
>chanting starts, everybody sings 'GAY PRIDE WORLD WIDE', 'BEING GAY IS OKAY'
>half time, burger kind commercials and Poof Daddy singing for 15 minutes
>second half starts
>the whole game finishes 0:0 because it's boring sawker, four players have been sent off for sucking each other off on the pitch
>leave the stadium
>get shot

Attached: 1555199586202.jpg (200x200, 18K)

Kek

cringe and cringepilled

>t.

Attached: Brought to you in part by Soylent™.jpg (1200x800, 134K)

Only in Atlanta.

Oh wait, not anymore

Attached: Capturar.png (744x588, 37K)

only if you're a zoomer.

Attached: gptr,1400x,front,black-c,188,133,1000,1000-bg,f8f8f8.jpg (1000x1000, 80K)

>>teams come out
>>literally and metaphorically

Attached: 1547380388227.jpg (296x324, 49K)

No, it would take a team actually winning something in Concacaf

>franchising means no relegation or stakes in general
>ever being relevant
I was shocked when I found that out, what's the fucking point in watching it?

I would say that relevance is relative, but that's not a funny answer so I'm going to say that you are an ameridoop or something.

the level of play is so bad. i want to like it, and every few years i fall for the meme and give it another chance. i wind up disappointed.
the forced ultra-fan nonsense doesn't help. it's like comic book nerds chose to support a league.

the CCL is watched by maybe 100,000 soccer autists like us on free yahoo streams. Outside of the home team's city it would just be a blurb in american sports news if someone won it. Merging the league with liga mx would be different, that would be a huge story, but it's not gonna happen

They need something that has the same hype levels as NHL postseason. NHL has a lot of the same problems, it doesn't have a lot of mainstream penetration, it's pretty irrelevant if it's not in your city, but it's a way more relevant league than MLS. I honestly think relegation would be a good TV gimmick, they need to break through with the boomers, the ratings are rancid.

Typing this post out made me remember this old NBCSN commercial: youtube.com/watch?v=VGziBpYp_3E

Have to agree here. It's just so cringey watching these fans dress up for garbage teams and be put on TV

>Merging the league with liga mx would be different, that would be a huge story, but it's not gonna happen
It will after the 2026 World Cup.

I mean in theory you could try both right. But anyway it all starts with winning something consequential and then getting consistent wins. Not just winning in a meme league.

Just by the fact that you have to fill out with Canadian teams is enough to say that is irrelevant as fuck

Attached: IMG_20180508_001230.jpg (250x249, 15K)

it's actually a disaster and the reason for missing the last world cup

until our youth can play hyper-competitive games for free every day, we will stagnate. there is a high degree of skill in top-tier soccer and our current infrastructure simply cannot produce it. the minivan culture just won't cut it. kids need to be able to play from 3 till dusk, like basketball and football, to produce highly skilled professionals.
and even big countries with strong sandlot soccer culture, like mexico, aren't always successful. it's a tough nut to crack and our mickey mouse league gives us a counterproductive false sense of success, like graduating top of your class at an unselective school then enrolling at a sink-or-swim postgrad.

Frick man, all we need is 11 guys. What are all of these youth academies doing?

that pisses me off more than anything. 300+ million people should produce a dozen or so just by chance. but it is what it is, right? it really makes me respect the skill level in top soccer.
the current infrastructure does a good job of milking middle-class parents but a shitty job of producing talent. but i guess it's a victory if your kid gets a full ride to college out of it.

The trent and travis game was like all the goofiest ncaa tournament upsets, talent doesn't always win. A USA C-team with only mediocre mls players would have still had more talent

well yeah but how do we get their?

I'm just starting to get into MLS and I'm going with Atlanta. Like there colors and core players regardless of this mediocre season. Plus I'm going to Atlanta for the summer for an internship, so I have a slight affiliation with the city.

Fucking this

>Which would make them the top league in north and south america over night.
Delusional.

>Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
fuckin cringe, jeez, why the fuck do white people do this.

why not do what Brazil does with their national and state leagues. MLS and USL are the National Leagues, split the country up into 4 regions, boom now you have Regional Leagues. Regional Leagues can be small round robin, knock out tournaments, which include "the best college soccer teams*."

*I dont know how the NCAA works or if they even have soccer colleges

I want to see these faggot MLS teams in Libertadores and their "ultras" doing away trips to Argentina, Brazil, Colombia ect.

Attached: 1555208051822.jpg (1072x550, 323K)

FIGHT AND WIN
CMON SEATTLE

fuck me are Montreal fans as pathetic as them?

Montreal is the söy capital of Canada. Even worse than Toronto.

I used to like classic American team names. Now they fucked everything with modern plastic names:
Toronto FC
Orlando FC
Atlanta FC
Nashville FC
Miami FC

Sorry buy I would watch Warriors-Rockets instead

Attached: 1545172481134.png (1286x748, 553K)

All MLelS fans are pathetic

Attached: b117ae94-634d-44ba-b79b-2cf4a6a77ca2.png (850x590, 1.11M)

i kinda like the move to more European names. Makes MLS stand out in the american sports world. Though at the same time it blends in with the rest of the world.

I love Columbus crew SC, Orlando City SC, and Nashville SC for pissing off everyone outside the US by calling is soccer.

I always thought it was supposed to be Sporting Club