/wol/ Watch our league

The return of /wol/. This thread is for all smaller leagues that don't get their own generals. Tell us how your team is doing, how's the table shaping up, any surprises or upsets in your league so far?

Attached: DSCF1347.jpg (1567x1176, 377K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCfO4uULWZvEtCCj-lw1ZO5A
twitter.com/SchweizerCup/status/1121482488440852482
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Genk finna boutta dab on those other fools.

SPL - don't watch our league, it's shit.

Decisive match today. If we lose, we might get relegated (4 matches left), if we win, we are safe.

>If Grasshoppers lose today they'll be 12 points behind safety with 5 matches left
>Xamax have been the third best team since the winter break, and are coming off a win against YB

>The return of /wol/.
Nice

Sit down customers, let me blog about the powerhouse that is the Slovenian league.
No major surprises this season, Maribor should and is going to win the league with Olimpija finishing second. Domžale, Celje and Mura are all still fighting for the thrid place, Mura was a nice surpise with both playing nice football and having great attendance after only getting promoted last season. It's going to be interesting how they will do next season since they already lost a couple of their best players to Maribor. Arguably the biggest surprise is Gorica who is fighting to avoid getting relegated for the first time in their history. As for the cup, the final is going to be Olimpija - Maribor, so Olimpija will have a chance to salvage at least something for the terrible season they had so far

Attached: 1snl.png (874x480, 54K)

Awful season and the club is completely rotten from the inside. You get chased if you criticize the president and everything is falling down. Today we play at Sporting. I was supposed to go but things are so bad that almost no one is going

What is your team?

Hi, old friend.

Attached: 54349954_10156512260253167_7402551158868279296_n.jpg (960x638, 140K)

Also I'm going to shill Groundhopper. If you usually go to the stadium and like to watch football matches, this app is bretty good because you can list all the games and stadiums where you've been

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x250, 25K)

National League North, final game of the regular season. As a Blyth Spartans fan I'm absolutely shitting myself, we've never been this high before and we could be going to the playoffs! We were midtable until a recent spell of good form and are among the poorest clubs financially at this level.

Got called into work so I'm fuming that I can only listen to the match on the radio, if this slips I don't know if my heart can take it.

Lend Blyth your power!

Attached: 20190427_115543.png (1080x1253, 132K)

Domzale are my Slovenian team, good to see them doing well this season. What stage of the Europa League does the 3rd placed team enter at?

>Hi, old friend.
Glad /wol/ is back, thank you for making the thread
I think I saw you before, you're the user that did Domžale save in FM right?
>What stage of the Europa League does the 3rd placed team enter at?
First round, hopefully they will have more luck this year. The season was kind of disappointing for them with a couple of injuries and failed transfers

Attached: Mura-Maribor11.webm (1280x720, 1.95M)

>We were midtable until a recent spell of good form and are among the poorest clubs financially at this level.
Don't do a North Ferriby if you go up then.

You might be playing my beloved Yeovil Town next season!

Small leagues generals going today:

Liga NOS (please watch our league)
Brasileirão (Série A and Série B) (please watch our league)

>/wolf/
>watch our league faggots

a-league playoffs next week
thinking this is perf's year

I'll remind you Sporting plays today against some minhotos. It's a critical match since Braga is facing Benfica tomorrow and this could settle the fight for the third place in the table.
18:00 WEST, 17:00 GMT (please watch it)

Attached: sporting.jpg (400x400, 46K)

Yes I was! I got the Slovenian League to the point they got 4 CL places so I forgot what the real allocation is.

Is Portugal a /wol/ league? I consider that a pretty major competition worthy of its own thread desu

Dukla?

I always try to make threads to raise awareness and sometimes tugas do it aswell but there aren't many interested posters.

>some minhotos
Fuck off, if it wasn't for us you'd be speaking Spanish

No. Shitty league and shitty fans apart from Vitória SC, Chaves

t. some minhoto

>his identity is so weak that he needs to root for some team in another country

Attached: img_920x518$2018_10_27_00_06_16_1464865.jpg (920x518, 185K)

You sound upset.

Attached: the smuggiest haruhi.jpg (351x329, 16K)

Any /wol/ transfer news? YB have lost Mbabu, but signed Spielmann. Lustenberger was already confirmed over a month ago, with von Bergen retiring. It's likely they'll lose Benito in this window too, probably Sow and maybe one of their wingers as well

In my opinion it's quite /wol/, it's pretty much the glue that holds /wol/ threads from going 404
Nice haha, hopefully at least one team will reach Europe this year
>YB have lost Mbabu
Who signed him?

>This thread is for all smaller leagues that don't get their own generals
Why are you posting here, manolo? Your league has a general now. Come and talk about Uncle Julinho's misadventures here

They only want to talk about the big 3.

>Uncle Julinho's
H-how do you know?

Wolfsburg. A similar level team will probably sign Benito too, he'd be a free transfer. But YB have already planned ahead and have Lotomba for RB while looking to make Garcia's transfer permanent for LB. It's pretty impressive how they've made a transfer strategy out of convincing players who made an unsuccessful move abroad to take a step back and restart their career with them

>They only want to talk about the big 3.
Literally just made a post asking about Belenenses (the true one).
>win 0-7 the last game
>won 9-0 the game before
wew

We're silently watching everyone down here, from top of the league Benfica to unfortunate dead-bottom Feirense.

Still mad at your home defeat to fucking Aves.

Attached: vtórr.jpg (1033x577, 71K)

>A similar level team will probably sign Benito too, he'd be a free transfer
The Benito that got bitten by a squirrel at Thun? I didn't even know he's back in Switzerland. How come they are letting him go for free?

Turkish Super Lig, beloved governmentball team Istanbul Basaksehir seem to have well and truly bottled it. The shitters they got beat by had a key goal from Cameron Jerome

Attached: Başakşehir_FK_Logo.png (276x361, 102K)

REMOVE MARIBOR! REMOVO MARIBOR! I’m still traumatized after what happened years ago with Maribor - Genk

The very same, but it wasn't a squirrel it was a marten while he played for Zurich.

Basically he just doesn't seem too interested in extending his contract, and they're ok letting him leave, since he helped them win two championships.

It's pretty impressive how they've managed to pull off the same trick three times really
>Mbabu is getting nowhere at Newcastle
>YB sign him, convince him people won't see it as him failing (apparently Gelson Fernandes played a role there too)
>now moving to Wolfsburg a team that are better off than Newcastle

>Benito isn't getting anywhere at Benfica
>YB sign him
>initially seen as an example of their previous bad transfer policy, ends up establishing himself and playing an integral role in back to back titles
>PL and Serie A teams interested in him and he's now the backup LB for the NT

>Sow isn't getting anywhere at Gladbach
>YB sign him in a swap with Zakaria
>Now rumoured to be Lyon's desired replacement for N'Dombele if he leaves

New season, new battle for rele.

Attached: 1550172990415.gif (511x512, 105K)

Keep up the good fight.

That's quite impressive, on the other side how are Basel's transfers going? Do they still have the best youth academy?

*wins*

Attached: bandeira-01-640x360.jpg (640x360, 29K)

watch my kreisklasse

They're still producing some good players, but the other teams are catching up. Right now they have six youth products in their team, but three of them are senior players who have returned to them. The three that are still young are Petretta, Coemert and Okafor. Okafor is definitely the more interesting of the three, there's a hint of Shaqiri there and Nigeria are trying to tap him up. Coemert is apparently being watched by teams like Everton too, and Turkey are trying to tap him up.

But the other teams all have their own interesting talents. Luzern have Vargas, Grasshoppers have Bajrami (who'll probably leave if they get relegated), Zurich have Sauter and Ruegg, YB have Mambimbi and Lauper (though he made his first steps at Thun), St Gallen have Stergiou and Servette who are most likely coming back up have Imeri.

If Sow does leave and Grasshoppers go down, I can see YB going for Bajrami. Grasshoppers will probably go for Breitenmoser if Bajrami leaves, since they've been watching him already.

Kino cachecol but O BELENENSES VOLTOU

Attached: Cachecol.jpg (1000x792, 184K)

I read an article yesterday about the incoming Grasshoppers relegation, and apparently the club have been operating with a yearly deficit of about 7 million francs. What the fuck is this, how is the entire club leadership not in prison yet? How do you even get a top flight license with that sort of business planning?

1 match left here, only relegation battle left undecided
PAOK won the league, if they don't lose in the last match they do so undefeated. Their opponents (PAS Giannena) are in the relegation zone currently and unless they win they're relegated for sure, very interesting match.
Olympiakos comfortably second, much better season than last year. Already planning ahead.
AEK imploded this year, might even lose 3rd place in the last matchday. They can salvage something from the cup final against PAOK though.
Atromitos and Aris exceeded expectations and secured the 2 other europa league tickets.
Panathinaikos started the season well, but fumbled midway through. Add point detractions and they ended up midtable.
Relegation fight is interesting, Apollon and Levadeiakos are already gone, PAS are most likely gone too unless they win, and OFI is most likely heading for the relegation playoffs.

Next season the league is going to have 14 teams instead of 16, and we're probably getting a playoff system too. Should be interesting.

A good portion of that is down to them not having their own stadium, same with Zurich.

But yeah, they've been incompetent as fuck, the whole Stipic thing was perfect proof of that. They fire Fink far too late, having only hired him based on past success, then hire some literally who. If they were going to take a risk, they might as well have taken one on a young Swiss manager, it paid off for Luzern, twice even. Then they fire him five matches in, because it turns out it was a retarded decision, only to hire safe, reliable Forte, basically making the same mistake they did with Fink.

I don't even know what will happen with the new stadium if Grasshoppers get relegated.

why are you so knowledgeable about swiss football?

I used to live in St Gallen. Still have a bit of a soft spot for them, since half my friends supported them.

i see

Fink a shit
t. witnessed his Austria Wien team

>Good guys Bodo-Glimt in top 3
>Rosenborg currently close to relegation
Kino start of our league desu

Attached: ROSENBORG.png (1200x732, 59K)

>system blatantly dependent on Holzhauser
>brings Holzhauser with him
>teams figure it out within a few matches and just start marking him out of the match
>gets released with not even a season played

update: we won!

>three own goals in a match
don't think we've had that yet
Not pictured: the power outage that made the TV feed cut out for 5 minutes

Attached: Screenshot - 04272019 - 07:53:15 PM.png (710x719, 186K)

>8 yellow cards
>3 own goals
Meme match

Looks like someone won a lot of shekels with that game.

What does third get you?

I imagine CL, or at least qualification

Apparently we have a league now

Attached: image.jpg (620x349, 48K)

how is Russian and Georgian league like?
I imagine Russia being the EPL of Eastern Europe and has many foreign eastern euro players. yes?

E U R O P A
L E A G U E

FC Edmonton is the only actual team i the CPL.

That means Alberta can actually win some sports titles

We played yesterday. Got a crucial win against the league leaders and closed the gap to 4 points while having a game in hand. Shall be retaining the title this year it seems

Attached: harp.png (1167x740, 955K)

different year's same's shit

n-nothing wrong with that!

Xamax - Grasshoppers ended 1-1, meaning Grasshoppers are still 9 points behind the relegation playoff spot with 5 rounds remaining.

In the other match Luzern beat Thun 3-1 and have caught up to them on points. They're now both on 40 points, with Xamax on the relegation playoff spot with 34. 7 out of the 10 teams could still be in danger of facing the relegation playoff or make Europe.

>grasshoppers

just realized football is played on grass. Clever name!

>In the other match Luzern beat Thun 3-1 and have caught up to them on points
DELET
>I imagine Russia being the EPL of Eastern Europe and has many foreign eastern euro players. yes?
I wouldn't call it EPL of Eastern Europe, it's not very popular and other slavs tend to play in Germany and Italy. I don't follow it so others should know more about it and in case you are interested, you can watch it for free on their youtube channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCfO4uULWZvEtCCj-lw1ZO5A

Losing Hediger has done a number on them really. Spielmann looks like he needs a leader behind him telling him what to do, and his move to YB already being agreed probably won't help his focus too much either

>Losing Hediger has done a number on them really
Is he injured or why isn't he playing? I can't imagine him leaving Thun
And to add insult to injury, Eleke scores on them...

Yeah, he's ded. Fucked up his ACL. At least they're in the cup final, so they have that at least. Also it's pretty much a win win situation for them there, win the cup final they're in the EL, lose it and that EL spot moves to the league.

Fun fact about Thun, they have two players who have far more famous relatives. Nicola Sutter's uncle is Alain Sutter and Stefan Glarner's brother is Matthias Glarner (he's only really famous in Switzerland but still more famous than Stefan)

>You now remember thun in the champions League
Mid 2000s CL group stage shitters had so much soul

>you now remember St Gallen beating Chelsea under Koller with a bunch of second and third division shitters
He worked miracles with that team

>At least they're in the cup final, so they have that at least. Also it's pretty much a win win situation for them there, win the cup final they're in the EL, lose it and that EL spot moves to the league.
Yeah I saw that, playing against Basel right? I didn't watch a single Swiss match this year, but will try and find a stream for the cup final
>Scored against Arsenal in London
lel

Yeah, Basel won 3-1 against Zurich, including this one from the mixed race Shaqiri
twitter.com/SchweizerCup/status/1121482488440852482

I like it

Absolute scenes in the Swiss second division. Despite being last after 13 matches, including 9 losses, Aarau have a shot at promotion, being 5 points behind Lausanne on the promotion playoff spot.

Genk won 0-1 at Gent and are now 9 points ahead of Brugge with 4 more
Games to play. Brugge still has to play Anderlecht tomorrow so. My boys are still on course to their 4th title.

Of course I remember Thun, Sparta Prague finished 4th in that group

Mid 2000 was peak of football

>Farense
the state of us

>"It's over" - Marco Djuricin
TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN

Attached: The Utter State.png (1200x1659, 118K)

any hopes of fighting for promotion in the near future?

If you mean promotion from the 3rd tier, they're pretty close.

That last 5 games form though: DDDDD

Too bad Xamax's form has been WLWWD

Ridiculous that they've already decided to get rid of Henchoz

Don't watch MLS, watch USL. We finally have a pyramid that was blatantly copied from the english pyramid but it's better than nothing. Pro/rel will becoming to the lower leagues real soon.

Attached: championship.jpg (1000x424, 61K)

Why don't they join together or smth
Never got that with American sports

>USL 2 is just a summer league
fuckin why!!!

How? RBK is second to last, and if Bodo Glimt wins tomorrow they'll be on top. That's the complete opposite of "same shit".
That being said, I'm a Vålerenga fan, and we seem to be in for a year of mid-table irrelevancy, so I guess you have a point.

Late night blog about the last team Krško and their problems. Currently facing relegaion and in danger of bankruptcy the last coupe of games will be make or brake for Krško. With their already bad financial problems they probably can't survive losing the last few sponsors they still have which will happen if they get relegated. This however only seems to be the tip of the iceberg of their problems. Their dispute with their youth academy that started at the start of the season has turned out into straight up war. After Krško lowered the financing for the academy and firing a bunch of coaches only to replace them with less paid foreign ones the academy tried to perform a coup of the club chairman and leaders but failed which led to Krško terminating all financing and are now operating without an academy. Krško also lost the support of the local fans after this move and someone or a group of people keep digging little graves on their pitch with the chairman initials on it before their home games

Attached: 65575930_fp-xl.jpg (1160x653, 224K)

To all people interested in Portuguese football, Os Belenenses play tomorrow against Amavita, at the legendary field of Salésias. And hopefully they'll win the game like, 6-0 or something.

Attached: D4yWM8GW4AAhkpN.jpg:large.jpg (1702x630, 231K)

HJK is absolute trash this season. >We have 9 points in 5 games and are 4th in the league. >We would have 4 points and be in 10th place if >we weren't so god damn lucky and didn't have >our goalkeeper. 5th at most place incoming if nothing changes.

Attached: IMG-20190423-WA0038.jpg (1100x825, 184K)

>Don't watch MLS, watch USL
basado
What do you mean by join together? The lower leagues with MLS? Pro/rel is a long way from happening due to NFL executive jews like Don Garber who want to run MLS like an American league of billionaires who always make money.