Why do hockey players have LITERALLY the worst bodies in professional sports? Pic related best player inthe sport...

Why do hockey players have LITERALLY the worst bodies in professional sports? Pic related best player inthe sport. Even baseball players are more fit on average.

Do they never do upper body ever and have a diet consisting of beer and pizza?

Attached: Alexander-Ovechkin.jpg (640x360, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/truth-about-bodybuilding-genetics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ovechkin is like 40yrs old in that pic.

Show us 25yr old Ovechkin

Show me one (1) NHL player with an impressive physique. Even one who looks like he lifts

Attached: hateusaintus.jpg (218x298, 13K)

Ovie is a horrible example he’s 240 pounds and jacked as fuck. He looks like a Russian bear.

You should have posted mittlestad who couldn’t even do one pull up at the combine. I can actually bench more than 90% of combine attendants.

The reason of course is that skating ability is much more important because checking and fighting have been toned down a lot to make the game more skill based. Can’t do filthy dangles if you’re 250 pounds even if it’s all muscle.

>mittlestad who couldn’t even do one pull up at the combine

It's real. Holy fuck

Attached: topkek.gif (230x175, 1.94M)

they focus on their legs i guess
a capable body is more important than an aesthetic body

lol

Attached: casey-mittelstadt.jpg (670x377, 48K)

>they never do upper body ever and have a diet consisting of beer and pizza
This. Hockey players are skill based sportsmen, not roody-poo athletes

Hornqvist looks good imo

Attached: 60FCDA66-E6AA-4AEC-9C72-9C7DE51AAF81.gif (500x281, 1.73M)

>tfw it doesn't matter

Attached: ove.jpg (600x427, 78K)

>
Compare this to some flabby negroid lineman or out of shape Dominican 1st basemen

Attached: k0FtI.png (790x533, 507K)

I'd say op pic is off season so guy is enjoying a break, but this guy on the left is a top player
you can't really plant your feet in hockey, so upper body strength doesn't come in often, balance matters a lot more and that comes from legs and torso
I've seen 5'6 150lb guys put 6' 200lb guys in headlocks because they have way better balance on the ice

Attached: bill.jpg (640x853, 138K)

6'9, 260lbs
can do 35 chinups

Attached: chara.jpg (1080x1350, 187K)

Because you don't have to be that fit to play hockey. Skating is literally easy mode compared to running.

>92345636
Weak b8 no (you)

>train and eat to achieve a statuesque physique
>Andy Samberg hair

Yikes

all 4 of these guys are hockey players
left is considered the best of the 4
they go crazy in offseason and usually don't skate for a couple months, then they start training again

it's like football in that you can have a 300lb guy on the field for a few minutes then take him off for a while, shifts are under 1:00 for most players

Attached: wedding.jpg (630x355, 29K)

what do you expect from a sport made up of toothless alcoholic Canadians

Hockey is fast. There are dozens of players drafted each year that bust because they can't think the game fast enough despite having an abundance of physical gifts.

hockey players are overweig-

Attached: pettersson2.jpg (1170x614, 153K)

Canadian teams haven’t won a Stanley Cup in over 25 years. They’re not the kings of hockey (their own sport) anymore. 25+ years and 0 (zero) Stanley Cups

Attached: subban.jpg (476x447, 35K)

The best player is mcdavid or Puljujärvi nigga

Attached: buffjujärvi.jpg (450x675, 83K)

Hockey players have great bodies for the painkiller addicts they are

Imagine being this retarded.

Drinking before and after games is still very much a thing in hockey and god bless them for it.

because hockey isn't a real sport. in any other sport they're beer league nobodies.

Ovi looks in good shape in the OP. Ripped definition is a result of genetics (or a shitload of PEDs) usually and doesn't betray athleticism/strength.

Attached: Rulon.jpg (924x1200, 202K)

OP didn't say overweight. And posting a starvin scandinavian helps his case

>he says through a veil of tears

Baseball, golf and hockey (stick sports) are not physically demanding. it's a bunch of suburban white kids competing with each other. in basketball and soccer you're competing against so many millions which is cooler

>implying
these boys got gains for days

Attached: cravetvcanada-instagram-1.png (620x349, 453K)

>a couple hockey players came over to the produce stand the other day

hockey is a game of skill, not athleticism

That's weird because ovechkin is only 33 right now

>hockey is not physically demanding
>basketball is
wrong nigger

Most retarded post itt I can tell you're fat

>he honnestly believes russians don't lie about their age when they get in the draft

I don't value Canadian opinions on hockey because you guys haven't won in 30 years, FAGGOT.

Attached: 1mfGC6S.gif (720x404, 1.41M)

Imagine being this Canadian (*retarded)

fucking
embarrassing

hill billy pusy

Attached: HiddenWaryIbadanmalimbe-size_restricted.gif (446x250, 1.95M)

Give yer balls a tug, titfuckers.

Attached: champions2.jpg (849x1043, 329K)

>Show me one (1) NHL player with an impressive physique. Even one who looks like he lifts

Confirmed for never having played sports.

Look man, cutting down to 5-6% body fat like you see in underwear commercials is not optimal for most contact sport athletes. They need to maintain around 15-18%.

For starters, being lighter than everyone your height is a severe disadvantage, no matter how muscular you look, especially in a sport that revolves around using your body weight to either knock other people over or push them out of the way to get the puck.

Second, carrying that extra body fat equates to having more muscle, which in turn gives more strength.

I guarantee you that Ovi is strong as fuck. The guy shoots a puck over 100 mph and recently gave another player a concussion in game 7 of the first round of the playoffs.

Buddy this is anime tier

This, why is OP a fag

>barely fight during your career
>some punkass young kid starts shit
>you finish the fight by literally concussing the kid out of the game
Ovi is alpha chad af, even more so cuz he doesn't need a chiseled body to do it

>not physically demanding because less people play it

Looking past the whole hockey is a top 5 sport played worldwide thing this is some shit tier logic

that title belongs to baseball

meanwhile the top basketball prospect eats 10 square meals a day

Attached: HARPER.jpg (1484x763, 47K)

>there is a professional athlete who can't do a single pull-up and can't bench 72.5kg for two reps

Attached: 1546390225856.gif (500x418, 957K)

didn't Kevin Durant literally lift 0 reps at his draft workout?

>muh gym exercises
>Drugs
>Scared to fight Laroque

He's a bitch

?? why the fuck are you reading into what dudes' bodies look like? are you a fag

>This many replies

You guys are too soft

Well they're on skates on ice so that should answer your question.

this

>muh genetics
Absolutely not, anyone can become extremely cut with decent muscle mass.

In hockey you kinda want to be big and bulky. That way when you go super fast you become a human missile

it's about the flow
and the snow

Correct. His scrawny ass won't amount to anything in the NBA.

>64 posts
>nothing to counter the OP at all

/thread

>worst bodies in professional sports
have you seen bowlers? have you seen golfers? are you fucking retarded?

OP is a fag.

Attached: 3a148beb3b81548dbbe17dc8ff1a1cad.jpg (236x236, 13K)

Hockey players are jacked on roids. It's a demanding game.

Attached: db_Img_525441-1.jpg (306x400, 23K)

Actual gladiator physiques

Kys

Attached: 60d0ccfc58d8a594996e8350cbd34081.jpg (1024x1215, 98K)

>even baseball players are more fit
show me someone that plays fifaball that is jacked like the Greek God Tyler O'Neil

Attached: oneil.jpg (575x1024, 132K)

>letting a future hall of famer fight a goon

I hate Chara, but for what purpose?

Gordie Howe and Bobby Hull looked naturally strong and didnt even lift

rids, not roids boys

How well you build muscle mass seems to be tied to genetics.

>The Hubal study isn't the only study showing these types of results. Petrella showed that 16 weeks of progressive dynamic exercise involving 66 human subjects failed to yield any measurable hypertrophy in 26% of subjects. Wow, sucks to be them!

t-nation.com/training/truth-about-bodybuilding-genetics

Before greentexting the website, it cites its sources. I'd be happy to see studies proving otherwise, though.

My primary point anyhow is that it's dumb to evaluate a person's athleticism based on their physique. Rulon Gardner looks like a schulb, but would thrown around a bodybuilder of similar size like no tomorrow.

there is literally nothing redeeming about kesler

>talks about canadian players
>brings up american teams winning when they're still majority canadian players

Attached: 1538068878750.jpg (720x909, 55K)

BASED hornman

Attached: 1519036317900.gif (500x276, 1.02M)

damn... midgets look like that???

There was also a guy from the Pacers (don't remember his name, but he was a center) who literally couldn't do a single pushup in college. His coach would make him work out with the women's team to embarrass him into getting fit.

Attached: 2xayyg45y1vy.jpg (603x441, 36K)

Unironically the gayest thread on the board right now. Gayer than every fagflop thread on this board combined. Yikes my dude

Extremely tall people struggle with those types of exercise because of the square-cube law

when will people understand this

he loves hitler too so he's extra based