Bolton Wanderers v Brentford called off as Bolton's players wages remain unpaid

efl.com/news/2019/april/efl-statement-bolton-wanderers-v-brentford/

>Following the failure of Bolton Wanderers to provide formal confirmation of its ability to meet its obligation to fulfil its Championship fixture against Brentford FC on Saturday (27 April), the game will not go ahead as planned.

>Earlier on Friday, the playing staff at the Club issued a collective statement confirming that they had decided not to fulfil the remaining fixtures of the season unless they received monies owed to them.

>As a result of these disappointing developments, the League has been forced to suspend Saturday’s fixture and under EFL Regulations, the Club is now deemed to be guilty of misconduct and will be referred to an Independent Disciplinary Commission.

Have you ever seen anything like this? What a fucking mess Bolton are in. Good thing neither side have anything to play for otherwise this could have been even worse.

Attached: Large[1].jpg (1360x764, 127K)

Shitting hell, I'm sure Bassini will fix it all

Reminder that you don't need a union until you need a union.

Shitting hell, I'm sure Bassini will fix it all

Sic transit gloria mundi

Very sad, Bolton has always been the only English team I had sympathy for. Hopefully they survive this shit

The PFA is a union

Attached: PFA_UK_logo.png (233x253, 119K)

>loses to bolton away
>bolton gets kicked out of the league
>gets into playoffs when every other team has 3 more points taken off than derby

Attached: Lamps.jpg (968x681, 40K)

The PFA is too busy with the Gordon Taylor shit and retarded social media campaigns at the moment.

So are Bolton starting life in League One on -12 points or what?

Union saved my arse in my last job when the company tried to fuck me. Will always defend them, know every rule and stop the cunts fucking you over

at this rate they'll be starting life in the ninth tier as AFC Bolton Wanderers

They might not even exist next season

>when Aaron Wilbraham inadvertently killed Bolton

Attached: _101197848_rexfeatures_9664044ag[1].jpg (480x270, 23K)

If Bolton dissolves, who takes their spot? Do four teams get promoted from League One? Do they just play ahead with 23 teams instead of 24 and adjust for the following season?

whoever scores the most away goals goes up on aggregate

Yeah, but then you have 23/24 teams in the league below. How does it even out?

Just move an extra team up in every league apart from the lowest

people are paying attention to my team

Attached: happy aki.jpg (480x480, 29K)

Brentford unironically would have probably have lost this game if it went ahead. They're getting only a third away win this season and it will be by forfeit.

What Bolton players would you recommend scooping up as free agents when you inevitably stop existing?

the most based moment of football. we had this 38 year old lump of shit being useless all season, but for one moment, and not a moment more, he scored when we needed, even straight after he even fucked up the celebration by struggling to take off his shirt. now we have him minus the on moment up front

if my club's gone that means i have to leave sp/ right

Attached: tenor.gif (338x246, 1.63M)

You know Forest will probably benefit from this as well m80.

honestly not many, wheater can still cut it, and connell is getting some sniffs from some prem clubs, he's kind of a mini 17 year old gerrrard

North Ferriby United got liquidated (which is rare with football clubs, they mostly just die or go into administration) last month. They expunged their record, so most teams lost points, and they're relegating one less team to the tier lower down.

I think worst case we're sent to bottom of the football pyramid, we've been around since the beginning of league football so hopefully the fa wont just let us disappear.

Most likely third bottom in the Championship gets a reprieve and stays up.