Redpill me on the nations league

redpill me on the nations league

Attached: vi-12422380.jpg (760x506, 142K)

It's ours

Attached: tfweng.jpg (415x445, 46K)

Imagine the Euro Cup, but take the shit teams out so every match is between top teams and nobody can 'fluke' their way to the final.

There's also B, C and D Leagues that allow lesser nations to compete against similar level teams instead of just turning up to get thrashed. It's quite memey but genuinely a higher standard than the Euros (and arguably the WC), it's just very short due to each competition only having 12 teams.

There are some brainlet Yea Forums posters who claim the Nations League is 'a glorified friendly' but every team that competed was trying their best to win their group, with England, Netherlands, Switzerland and Portugal being the eventual winners in the A League.

>uefa micky mouse league

its shit desu.

Attached: rigged.jpg (634x422, 54K)

It's comfy

Attached: 542321768175.png (2160x1022, 772K)

In your honest opinion, would you -dare I say it- consider it an /elite/ event?

Attached: shorts1.jpg (683x1024, 177K)

I think that would be a fair assessment, yes.

Irrelevant tournament players throw away to conserve their energy for non meme trophies

based elites

Attached: elite four 3.jpg (491x460, 119K)

I would put it above the euros and on the same level as the world cup in terms of relevancy.

Yes. That is undeniable.

meme tournament that happens right during the the CL and league season so the players don't try hard

>imagine not being in the nations league
makes me shiver desu lads

a terrifying thought, fellow elite

Attached: regarde ces mecs.png (768x502, 505K)

kek

>filename in french

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE straight in the feels

>3 out of 4 semifinalists are /elite/
l0l

Isn't the entire point that it gives all those shit teams "meaningful games"? That's how it's been pitched for the CONCACAF version anyway.

The format gives all levels meaningful games. The "A" level in the UEFA nations league is a more condensed bracket of talent than you used to get at the old 16 team Euro finals. Pound for pound, it's probably the highest calibre pool for a tournament in football history.

I honestly can't imagine what it would feel like to not perform in such a prestigious and, dare I say it, /elite/ event

Truly only the best football nations would succeed in such a format

I want to off myself, I didn't need to remind about that game

Attached: 142573528049.png (803x688, 851K)

yes, unequivocally

Profitability by maximizing important games

Nations League made me realize how dull the European Qualifiers really are at times.

It's based

It's a really entertaining competition because you have the best playing against the best for high quality matches, and then shitters playing shitters for meme matches.

>There are people posting in this thread right now that aren't from an /elite/ nation

sickening really

This is how it should be. And also why we should make a European Super League.

Disgusting

yikes