F

F

Attached: F.png (976x726, 1000K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/news/brain-magnets-decrease-faith-in-god-religion-immigrants-a6695291.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do people act like dying is a tragedy? You go to heaven and stuff.

fucking hell what a horrible story

Cringe. Once you die there’s nothingness. Just like before you were born.

My dad wouldn't die from a broken heart if I died.

Attached: 1543850479229.jpg (399x400, 25K)

But I remember past lives

>imagine going to heaven and not finding 72 virgins to bang
inshallah habibi

This isn't unusual. People can literally die of 'Broken Hearts'. You often see people who have been married for 50+ years, when one dies, the other soon follows after. Same with this. His father must have been feeling awful. The chemicals released fuck up your body and can contribute to issues; he died of a heart attack so that makes sense. A shame. Least you can play football in heaven with your boy.

Attached: 72 virgins.jpg (480x360, 39K)

Even nothingness isn't that bad. So long as it isn't hell, it's not such a tragedy.

My grandmother is outliving my grandfather by 8 years and counting.
Was their marriage a sham? Is my grandmother heartless whore?

Go back to r.eddit

lel

That’s probably schizophrenia

Obviously there’s medical reasoning, like increased blood pressure or respiratory issues, but it’s crazy people can die from being so sad

I still remember Joe “Rhythmic Slappings” Paterno dying of a broken heart too

It's so easy to argue when you can dismiss counter-arguments as mental illness.

Attached: literally jewish brainwashing.jpg (1280x1094, 184K)

>Headquarters: Israel

You can’t make this shit up

It was the jews
(((Mod))) deleted my previous thread

Is dying a sport?

Attached: 1556226800175.jpg (821x651, 80K)

No. Just a really strong woman

Can this helmet make me unswallow all of the blackpills?

So Sala's father was a really weak man?

What's wrong with that cat

They shut a part of brain off which processes threats.
They asked them about their own death, which brain processes as a threath, and with that part of the brain shut of around 40% them lost faith in god.
Basically they shut of the part of the brain which makes up stories to confort themselves.

Attached: fedora dog.jpg (900x948, 260K)

Goddamn, you're awful at logic

>believing that when you die you go to heaven with God
>makes you value life on Earth more / better at caring about threats!!!

This is the biggest and most brutal blackpill in life that no one wants to confront

Attached: 1530844342477_Copy.jpg (1088x874, 178K)

and why should i care?

Based
Super Cringe

Cringe. Time to face reality.

Because it’s pants on head retarded.
Something can’t come from nothing and something can’t become nothing.

Weak mind. Ronaldo will outlive Georgina and tsu jr. by 50+ years

he prolly had a heart attack while trying to satisfy that THICC woman of his

Reversing the damage from a broken heart ain't easy

Attached: 1539300039066.jpg (680x680, 69K)

Attached: 98431.png (421x422, 252K)

this is so sad jesus christ

As someone who just had a close relative die, your body does some insane shit in response/in attempts to cope with it

This. When we die our consciousness splits infinitely throughout the cosmos as the carbon electrons in our brains become energy for everything else. Then we unlock sandbox mode and can do whatever we want.

Sticky this thread mods.

Cringe

he's with southgate now. F.

Grief
it's better if you keep believing that user

hora si? Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Go and read the article.

>inb4 the sister or mum also dies and this becomes some Final Destination shit

Come on, how does believing in afterlife make you value life more? Answer the question. Logically, atheists who believe they only have one life are more paranoid about threats.

It's a part of the brain which process threats and decides how to deal with them.
Nobody pulled a gun on the test subjects, they were only confronted with their mortality and eventual demise.
What was better for a 20 year old cavemen? To dwell on his mortality in a cave, or makeup something about afterlife and go out hunting?
Even the "change attitude on immigrants" had nothing to do with oppinion on immigration. But with oppinions about an immigrant who doesn't like the country where he immigrated.
It's not like they disabled their prefrontal cortex ffs.

Read the article, don't be a retard.

independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/news/brain-magnets-decrease-faith-in-god-religion-immigrants-a6695291.html

Magnets make you smarter? Neat.

Attached: image.jpg (1128x600, 104K)

>To dwell on his mortality in a cave, or makeup something about afterlife and go out hunting?
To leave the question unanswered was best, no doubt. Humans are not some retarded computer that can only move on if it has an answer. There are greys too, rationalizing moron.

They make you retarded

Attached: smart people no longer liberal.png (856x1015, 133K)

>still hasn't read the article
Maybe if we used magnets on your brain, we could disable the part that makes you afraid of bursting your own bubble, and make you read the article.

>verbal based intelligence

k

>do an iq test
>get a bad result
>make up your own iq test
>ace it
>hey mom look i'm smart

>black and brown people are the most religious people in America

Huh. Really made me think.

desu it's probably the same part of the brain

Smarter on all categories

Also verbal IQ is the one libshits used for decades to claim they were smarter, so it's only fitting that it's replaced by another verbal IQ one

Attached: republicans are smarter again.png (679x525, 46K)

I read it. Nothing there supports your baseless speculation. Not only that, I also read the study, nothing there either.

>white people have access to more resources in America

But we already know this.

strong mind
my grandma also lasted 4 years and she died at 90
strong mind

>m-muh white ppl

Attached: republicans are smarter even whites.png (518x934, 121K)

>The other got a strong pulse of TMS that was strong enough to temporarily shut down their posterior medial frontal cortex (pMFC), a part of the brain that "plays a key role in both detecting discrepancies between desired and current conditions and adjusting subsequent behaviour to resolve such conflicts."

>In other words, this part of the brain processes threats and conflicts, and decides how to respond to them.

>Before receiving their doses of TMS, both groups were asked about their own deaths. In this area, the tests built on previous studies, which have shown that being confronted with the threat of death can alter a person's belief in God.l

>ugg confronted with death
>ugg scared
>ugg starts believing in god
>uggs brain altered with magnets
>ugg confornted with death again
>ugg no longer fears death that much since part of brain disabled
>ugg no longer feels the need to believe

Here in language, even an argentinian could understand

>>ugg confronted with death
>>ugg scared
>>ugg starts believing in god
You're a retard if you think this is an evolutionary advantage.

(and nowhere in the article or in the study does it say anything about it being an evolutionary advantage)

>focusing on the completely irrelevant part
Relevant part is the part of the brain that they shut off is one that procces the threats and confronations, not the one that deals with the rational thinking, logic and intelligence.
For whatever reason, that part of the brain makes people take comfort in god.

F

Attached: 1434761951459.png (314x316, 53K)

It's not irrelevant. It's the whole point I am making. Believing in God is not an evolutionary advantage, and the article or the study don't support your retarded idea.

>the pMFC deals with threats
The pMFC does a lot of things, like human performance monitoring and detecting mistakes (both yours and other's)

And that was my original claim, which you then tried call out as fake by talking about evolution , something that my original argument had nothing to do with.

that's what peoples who went through near-death experience says
but in the other hand if leafs were allowed to go to heaven it be hell

not*

You basically claimed that making up stories is a good idea for a threat processing unit. You're a retard. If your threat processing unit made up stories instead of dealing with reality, your lineage would be long dead.

My original point had nothing to do with evolution, it had to do with you not reading the article, and article stating that the part of the brain affected is the that deals with threats.

You then called that dumb and talked about how belief in god is not evolutionary advantage.

Then you read the article, and you are trying to move the goal post stating that article doesn't talk about evolution, while avoiding the original issue, one about which part of the brain is affected in the study.

>"They shut a part of brain off which processes threats."
Literally in the image. You don't even need to read the article to know that.

>They asked them about their own death, which brain processes as a threath, and with that part of the brain shut of around 40% them lost faith in god.
Correct.

>Basically they shut of the part of the brain which makes up stories to confort themselves.
And here you started bullshitting.

Here is what you implied:
>the thread processing unit ... is basically the part of the brain which makes up stories to confort (sic) yourself

so you also implied that somehow, it is an evolutionary advantage to make up stories when facing death instead of dealing with reality

It's just the logical conclusion of your bullshit, which did not come from the article, but from yourself.

no nothing changes then

>>Basically they shut of the part of the brain which makes up stories to comfort themselves.
That's just banter

>o you also implied that somehow, it is an evolutionary advantage to make up stories when facing death instead of dealing with reality

>It's just the logical conclusion of your bullshit, which did not come from the article, but from yourself.

True, the same applies for your conclusion that "belief in god is not evolutionary advantage"

Well you've ruined my night.

>same applies to your conclusion
I didn't repeatedly cite the article to defend my position. I simply use logic: Why would someone who believes in the afterlife (i.e.: this life doesn't matter, there's a far more grandiose one awaiting) have an evolutionary advantage over someone who's an atheist (i.e.: this life is the only one you've got, and if you die, it's game over)? It's obvious which one would defend themselves more tenaciously, and which one would let the threat just be, or pray to their imaginary sky daddy to fix it.

>I didn't repeatedly cite the article to defend my position
I repeateadly cited it in regards to the part of the brain affected, you are the one who brought the evolution into this.

>Why would someone who believes in the afterlife (i.e.: this life doesn't matter, there's a far more grandiose one awaiting) have an evolutionary advantage over someone who's an atheist (i.e.: this life is the only one you've got, and if you die, it's game over)? It's obvious which one would defend themselves more tenaciously, and which one would let the threat just be, or pray to their imaginary sky daddy to fix it.

Because humans have a survival instinct, and belief in god doesn't make you any more or less willing to defend yourself. On the other hand dwelling about your eventual death of old age isn't something good for your mental health.

We are straying far from topic, and neither of us have anything to back up our claims about evolution.

My original point about the part of the brain affected stands.

F

F

Attached: 1472174205169.jpg (2600x2109, 1.41M)

Everything came from nothing, even if you believe in god he also came from nothing.

this is unironically sad

>after never getting over son's death
Damn

Attached: 1346426257563.gif (372x262, 1.72M)

F

Attached: 1555885888179s.jpg (125x109, 2K)

:^)

Why do people hate the idea so much? I find it comforting. If there was an afterlife I'd probably end up in hell

*picture of a fat man with a neckbeard sporting a fedora*

Attached: 1504209925724.jpg (567x437, 45K)

my grandfather is outliving my grandmother by 19 years. And their marriage was a sham. She was an awful person. I remember her clearly though i was only like 9 when she died. I recently found the picture of her with my grandfather and he looked older than he looks now unironically. He's like 77 now and is the happiest person i know. He's like those buddhist monks who are always smiling and taking pleasure in small things. While i'm 28 sad depressed fuck