sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2019/essentials

>Guide to Football Manager
guidetofootballmanager.com/

>Pairs and Combinations:
passion4fm.com/football-manager-player-role-combinations-duty-pairs/

>Team Shape and Mentality:
community.sigames.com/topic/401273-what-is-team-shape/

>Team Talks:
strikerless.com/2016/02/19/the-hartman-doctrine-why-the-hairdryer-treatment-works-surprisingly-well/

>Training and mentoring in FM19
community.sigames.com/topic/452839-fm2019-the-unofficially-official-training-and-mentoring-guide/

>Macca's database:
pastebin.com/uj27eQhe ('15)
pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap ('16)

Attached: 1smugson-its-your-tactics.png (758x533, 516K)

this stretch is killing me

Attached: Screenshot_27.jpg (1918x1041, 276K)

quick, post prospects
this is probably my best one. I'm afraid he isn't going to be very good.

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 263K)

this stupid fuck janko gave quite the performance

Attached: Screenshot_28.jpg (732x435, 58K)

even the best players can have a bad day at the office.

Very interesting final day. I play bottom of the league and Vargarda IK play top. Even a point, assuming Vargarda lose, will be enough for me.
I started unemployed sunday league footballer and got hired 2/3rds of the way through the season in July. The team is badly lacking quality.
If I go down I go back to being unemployed with a shite record (7P 4D 3L), if I stay up, i have a bit shitfest of a team to sort out

Attached: 69f526b183cd6f0978e59cbba9a22454.png (1729x732, 299K)

>easily win the league leaving second place team at 92pts and seething
LOVE IT

tfw your signing pays for his own transfer fee in shirt sales

Attached: 20190425191521_1.jpg (1600x900, 154K)

Still have 2 other teams you can leapfrog as well, should probably have this.

why is it so hard to loan certain players out? bought this guy and want to continue his development but i haven't had a single taker and i've been consistently offering him for loan for like 6 months

Attached: Screenshot_29.jpg (1919x1041, 334K)

Drew 0-0, Vargarda were winning for a while in the first half too so I was shitting bricks.Skoftebyns striker also missed a sitter which would have relegated me in the 88th minute...

How the fuck do I into lower league tiktacs? I tried 442 and 4123 with minimal instructions but maybe the morale was just shot from the 2/3rd of the season I didn't play

Attached: 4b7ee658245442ae2a20a10cbb9904ed.png (870x777, 105K)

Did you lower wage contribution?

is this american guy good?

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 174K)

ahh hadn't thought of that

wait no im contributing 100% of his salary so he wouldn't cost a team anything

moraleball mostly
I've gotten relegated first season, restarted the save, done mostly the same shit but better results early on resulting in better morale and did much better

The trick to LLM is to loan as many players completely out of your league as you can and roll your competition

>>How the fuck do I into lower league tiktacs?
pace and overall physical attributes are everything

considering if to cop
looks good i think

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 275K)

>COR
Quality namefix. He's already at a big club, so I wonder how much he'd cost.

>29 shots
>1-0
>It was on OG
Classic Arse

>not europe
>big club
lmao

>2019
>SI still cant into extra time

Attached: Screenshot_30.jpg (116x66, 3K)

Did you know Derby scored a 90+12 goal last week when there was only 6 minutes of stoppage given?

lmao I just remembered this is a muslim country after confirming the signing

Attached: 20190425195130_1.jpg (1600x900, 218K)

hehe i did it
11.75M€

RIP

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 191K)

>11.75M€
Clockwork. Cheap when disrepute, expensive as soon as they sign for a big local club: such is the HUE market.

Seriously fuck the olympics, man
that's 3 key players gone for a shitload of time

Attached: 20190425203206_1.jpg (1600x900, 143K)

cool game

Attached: coolgame.jpg (1269x668, 493K)

>hire Turkish guy for staff
>have the option to send him to learn Azeri
why? he can already understand like 90%
the lack of linguistic depth in FM triggers me

Oh I had better. See, there's sometimes a few cities that speak a given language, as well as language settings for a region. There's a difference between local region language settings and city language settings, but let's ignore that for the moment. I was in such a city in Thailand, where they spoke Malay while the official language of the country is Thai. All the players and staff I hired had to learn Malay, EVEN IF the WHOLE locker room speaks Thai anyway, EVEN IF the official language of the country is Thai. And if you hire foreign players, not only they have to learn Malay, but they won't even learn any Thai. Genius.

Attached: 1491942900724.jpg (1920x1090, 343K)

yeah, I find it ridiculous how every Azeri dude is born with Russian competency but if you bring a Russian/Belarusian/Ukrainian into the club you have to send him to learn Azeri or else he won't communicate well

I'm managing a tiny club and only have a chief scout. I can't seem to see players stats after I've scouted them, it still says 0% scouted but my chief scout has ca and pa rating and a judgement that he could be very good. Do I need to just keep waiting and scouting as it's just the one guy?

>high potential players not developing even with 4.5* coaches, regular football and good facilities
>finally decide to learn the new training system and take over from the assman
>young players finally start getting consistent green arrows
new system is a bother to be setting schedules in advance but eh whatever works

To go back to local region vs. city language setting, it's essentially two extremes. If you set a language at 100 for the local region, it basically means that since there's a few old people who still know how to speak it, maybe their grandchildren speak a word or two of it. Those children's competence in the language, even with a 100 setting, generally will range from "Basic" to "Good", and the "Fluent" ones will be extremely rare. New signings won't need to learn it and won't learn any of it, they'll be fine with the nation's favourite language. It's like Basque in French Basque country IRL: it's a relic.

On the other hand, setting a language to the city means that EVERYONE in that city speaks it, everyone is expected to speak it, even if it's not (one of) the nation's official language(s). New signings will be expected to learn it or they won't fit in, and they will not even learn the nation's official language. It's more like French in Québec (Canada) or in Wallonia (Belgium): you need to know French, and even though most people may be somewhat competent (or not) in English or Dutch, they don't use it on a daily basis.

There's no middle ground like Catalan in Catalonia (not Spain, apparently), where most people speak it but are equally welcoming Spanish. Your signings would learn Spanish, but they're likely to end up picking a word of Catalan or two after five years. Probably would cause some locker room kerfuffle, but they'd sort it out eventually.

If you don't have a scouting package, they won't find shit.

>If you don't have a scouting package, they won't find shit.
Right okay thanks, that's why I can only see it after a trial period

>it's the time of the year when random Saudi clubs keep stopping your game with lowball offers for your players
gtfo arabs

I was at the game, it was +9

feels good, i'm gonna try to sign british players only from now on

Attached: Capture.jpg (813x724, 92K)

get some logos

memory hog, no thanks

spend some pesos and buy a computer that isnt a potato

Why is the CL called the European Champions Cup in FM 19?

it's always been called that, you probably downloaded a namefix for previous versions. you can do that still. check out sortitoutsi

They don't have a license for the competition, so they have to give it a generic name

>FM never uses over 2GB RAM
>Logos aren't even loaded in the RAM anyway
Stop using Chrome.

crazy lategame
this will make it 3 straight knockout appearances
this, if you have an SSD you should have no problem with 2D graphical addons. It caches the most used resources anyway, and if it needs one it's all indexed so it's no big deal to fetch them

Attached: 20190426005137_1.jpg (1600x900, 257K)

should I pay any attention to start ratings at all or just stats?

star ratings are mostly CA/PA based. It is possible that a lower CA but better distribution makes for a better player. CA takes into account important attributes for the position, though. Stars are a good guideline but you should pay attention to the attributes.

>start
>stats

Attached: 6fd.gif (540x304, 3.21M)

assuming you mean star ratings, then yes, but only a tiny bit. sometimes they're useful if you've accidentally missed something (eg. that fullback has 2 acceleration, not 12), but for the most part your judgment of a player's attributes is going to be far superior to your staff's

Attached: killmenow.gif (250x188, 1.72M)

>board praises me for tight control over finances
have they not realized every single deal ive done has been backloaded with huge annual payments? lul

>first year in premier league
>in 6th place on Feb 15
>journalists keep asking if we can stay up this year

I see you have not experienced the wonders of the mid-season slump.

oh no no

Attached: Capture.jpg (1280x774, 100K)

holy shit man this is an even better punishment for backtalking shitheads than heavy GK training and friendlies in Siberia

Attached: 20190426113143_1.jpg (1600x900, 146K)

welcome back son
(please remember they gave me 11.5M to buy out his 50% of next transfer clause)

Attached: 20190426113635_1.jpg (1600x900, 197K)

Is there like a list of which traits to train players for?

Like which traits I want for a Poacher or Winger?

The future of Azerbaijan is here
(whenever mentoring fixes that determination, that is)

Attached: 20190426130630_1.jpg (1600x900, 235K)

Well done Baku

>mfw an own goal is disallowed because the scorer pushed someone first

Attached: Adam-Johnson.jpg (615x661, 48K)

FFS THIS WAS A SUPER WINNABLE CL

Attached: 20190426132742_1.jpg (1600x900, 115K)

>holders PissGee
Delet sav

I want this guy to succeed just because of his name and nationality

Attached: 20190426141215_1.jpg (1600x900, 233K)

okay then
thought this was the EL final at first

Attached: 20190426144258_1.jpg (1600x900, 82K)

>when your old club legend retires and becomes backroom staff, but he's shit
It's okay, Shane, you'll always have a home here.

Attached: shane wilson.png (1920x1080, 587K)

Is 12 jumping reach too low for CB?

depends on your tactics and the rest of your squad. it's acceptable.

>10 CCCs
Might just end it

Attached: Real Madrid v Carmarthen_ Match Review.png (484x904, 478K)

>defender injures himself after attempting (and failing) an necessary slide tackle

You hate to see it

>paying 9M to never use a player

Attached: Screenshot_31.jpg (1919x1037, 248K)

eh...sure

Attached: 20190426171751_1.jpg (1600x900, 216K)

Depends on their stats. Good dribblers with 'Run With Ball Often', good passers 'Tries Killer Balls Often'. Fast Poachers 'Tries to Beat Offside Trap' and 'Knocks Balls Past GK'. If they're strong 'Hits Shots With Power'. If they're good technique/flair/vision/decisions 'Curls Ball' (I also like it for Freekick Takers). You midfield linker 'Dictates Tempo'. Inside Forwards should have 'Cuts Inside From [Wing]'.

Sorry 'Knocks Ball Past Players'. They're also not too bad to give 'Places Shots', but if they have good finishing they probably don't need it.

>promoted to championship after squeaking through playoffs
>new owner wants me to finish midtable and gives me 1m to play with
Do i get fired for eating shit and getting relegated?

>only won by 1 goal
sweating.jpg

Attached: Screenshot_32.jpg (709x890, 76K)

Sell all good players, hire nothing but keepers with maximum wages, resign after the window closes.

>encourage team
>whole team becomes frustrated by the feedback
wut

this went south quickly

Attached: Screenshot_33.jpg (693x589, 63K)

Buying.
you can do it la, owner is just encouraging you to give your all.
I hope you fined Lizzie McGuire

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 266K)

lizzy plays for the opposition

I wish there was a saved history for players' wages, so you can see how often they've resigned and for how much

>Goes pro finally from promotion
>Why does no one want to come here still
>Goes to rep
omg.............

Attached: ss+(2019-04-26+at+11.27.56).png (1729x635, 125K)

I miss the old versions of FM where "no loan termination" contracts weren't really a thing

>also me: gets 7 loan players when you can only have 5 in your playing squad

>it's your tactics
>mfw I'm Darlington

Attached: Capture.png (707x448, 184K)

Gonna be an interesting battle for this 6th spot. Unfortunately, I play Newcastle away and Spurs play Bristol City at home...but they have the Europa League semifinal 3 days before so hopefully they arent full strength

Attached: Screenshot_34.jpg (1919x1042, 196K)

lmao...both of my centerbacks got food poisoning before the game. chemical warfare?

Attached: Screenshot_35.jpg (1274x394, 69K)

ended up pulling it off!

Attached: Screenshot_36.jpg (1919x1041, 246K)

noice, enjoy the fixture congestion next season

This guy is getting rekt by facts and logic

Attached: liberal.jpg (1068x517, 144K)

got fucking man city again as 1st knockout opp...just looking at the unfair regens I'm up against makes me depressed...

Attached: 20190426221515_1.jpg (1600x900, 228K)

>jumping reach

into the bin

so i created a save where i replaced reading with "the nazi party" and the manager was adolf hitler.

I used hitlers face for the managers face, but now I have a regen with hitlers face on him? What is this fresh hell? Why are the regens clones of hitler???

Attached: hitler youth 2.png (1920x1055, 669K)

Attached: 1444960341474.jpg (800x600, 34K)

congratulations, you unlocked the secret nazi mode

>concentration 3

I hope your board accepted a warm weather camp to fix that

Lets just say he isnt the most talented regen, im usually invading other academies because my youth setup is megashit

He's >right only though so it's not all bad

Cant wait for my own beautiful face to create downs syndrome regens

Attached: dapper.jpg (1317x975, 319K)

Almost looks bogdanoff bahah

I wasnt expecting to feel insulted, but you made it happen

Jesus christ, this is my best CB

Attached: nvNeZKb[1].png (1381x477, 551K)

Rest in pieces

>broken upper leg
>robust challenge
putting it mildly

more than a year? did it get severed? wtf

Robust challenge by a monster truck

Say something nice about this man mountain

Attached: 20190427011553_1.jpg (1920x1080, 411K)

Holy fuck, we actually beat them...

Attached: 20190427015105_1.jpg (1600x900, 255K)

wtf

Attached: Capture.jpg (1280x774, 132K)

A bit on the nose innit

Attached: 20190427040744_1.jpg (1920x1080, 393K)

>argues with officials
no. he deserves no respect

>out for ERROR# months
>broken neck from rubust chellenge

Y I K E S

Silly bug. My manager is Rodney Dangerfield. My player's faces fused with Rodney, and turned them into old men.

Attached: Screenshot (297).png (1920x1080, 702K)

Attached: Screenshot (299).png (1920x1080, 693K)

>pacey striker
>29 years old
>4-6 month achilles injury
RIP, buddy. Thankfully I trained him to play CM early. Gonna go out like Rooney.

Oh cool, got a pic here of 9 years earlier.

Attached: mustafa kurt injury.png (1920x1080, 684K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 120th minute equaliser.png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

ffffffuck. Injury to my star right back and red card to his replacement. 121st minute equaliser to put it to penalties.

Attached: 2041 cl final.png (1920x1080, 2.02M)

Bit of a disheartening way of ending the run

Attached: Carmarthen Town_ Senior Fixtures.png (1920x1027, 2.73M)

Lids whats a from premier league team to manage? I'm not autistic enough for LLM and United are so fucking stacked on this game that it's not the fun rebuild game I was hoping for

>whats a from premier league

fun*

maybe wolves?
they have a pretty solid team and can still be improved

Watford. Your money isn't great and all you have to rely off is SI overrating them.

love when I get random news about my former player who has not developed at all since I signed him. He just went for 30M from Chelsea to Valencia after going for 14M from Sevilla the year prior. 6.7 ratings every year. He's not that good ffs. He's living the dream I guess

Attached: 20190427162816_1.jpg (1600x900, 212K)

Fellas. He's the one.

Attached: Yusuke Eguchi_ Overview Profile-2.png (1920x1002, 1.77M)

With he has the Dribbling and especially the Off the Ball to really benefit from his other qualities. Would've been a great VOL.

Am I the only one that actually kind of likes new regen faces just because of how horrid they are?

The "...often" traits aren't positive. Neither are the "cuts inside" ones. They just limit tactical flexibility.

You can make a good dribbler run with the ball by giving him that instruction. Inside forwards have "cut inside" pre-set. But a player with the traits will always run with the ball (often) or cut inside whether you can him to or not.

Occasionally useful if the role you want to give the player doesn't allow dribbling/risky passing instructions, but it's almost always a waste of time teaching them those PPMs. They add nothing.

A man of fine intellectual taste in traits

I personally most PPMs. "Curls Balls" used to be near mandatory for FK takers, but in FM19 everyone curls the ball. "Plays One-Twos" works well because attacking movement is incredibly stiff in FM, so any motion whatsoever can disorganize the defence. Offensive playmaker roles already dictate tempo unless they have an instruction to dribble more, in which case they'll attempt a dribble first: AP(A) does that if the player is fucking dumb.

I wish there was a "Does not move into channels" PPMs... because SI gave that instruction to almost EVERY FUCKING STRIKER ROLE, and therefore barely any striker attacks the middle, even in support roles. It crowds the channels and wastes space on the pitch.

The better the player, the less likely it is that he'll need PPMs.

Any tips on how I can increase this? How do I sell more scarfs and t-shirts?

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 201K)

Whats your most embarassing fm moment?

Mine is not noticing im in away colors and managing and instructing as if my opponents stats and players are my own and being very pleased in my comeback win until the post match interview

buy chinese fellas and gays

>Whats your most embarassing fm moment?
I don't have any of those

youre managing tenerife though

It's not easy finishing [spoiler] 3rd [/spoiler] with Tenerife.

REEEEEEEEEE

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 1.35M)

>I don't have any of those

Attached: skeptische fat ronaldo.jpg (396x625, 154K)

Attached: skeptische Ronaldo.png (1280x720, 801K)

Attached: skeptische ancelotti.jpg (624x416, 24K)

Attached: Skeptiche-Heynckes.jpg (561x420, 29K)

Attached: Skeptische Boskamp.jpg (220x273, 12K)

Much better start to the new season, two back to back wins after enduring a ten game winless run.

Attached: a64a1d71c90b32f0478c280fa585f397.png (1736x922, 197K)

rate this guy from my intake. gave him a 3-year professional contract as soon as i saw him

Attached: remember the name.png (1202x466, 97K)

we CanPL now boyos

Any of you lads think of what I can do to improve this squad.

Attached: TheLads.png (413x308, 8K)

aw man I would've watched that if I realised it was tonight

Pacific/Halifax goes tomorrow night if you're willing to stay up a bit.

>Midnight kick off my time
>Starting new job on Monday morning and will need to be up by 7:30 at the latest
I still don't rule it out but mostly I just wanted to see the first game of a new league.

west brom legend marcus haber likely to start up top for pacific fc
halifax have a player called elton john
big stuff

Never forget the ghost of Marcel de Jong.

RIP
don't think he's even corporeal enough to play in that one

His achilles is, that's for sure.

>tfw signing cheap slavs and brazilians when in a smaller league
It's like cheating

Attached: 1540397116685.png (700x443, 211K)

half and half bosnians/serbians + brazilians in the first 11 is OP