The soulless music of the Gallagher brothers is pretty symbolic of what their beloved club has become

The soulless music of the Gallagher brothers is pretty symbolic of what their beloved club has become

Do you reckon they really enjoy their sterile club and what it stands for these days? There is nothing remotely 'Manchester' about it, do they secretly wish they were still underdogs instead of being funded by billionaire arabs?

Attached: IMG_2928.jpg (1015x1024, 534K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vval4sx6Ido
youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74
youtu.be/yuTMWgOduFM
youtube.com/watch?v=SSbBvKaM6sk
youtube.com/watch?v=AdxZjRHq2SM
youtube.com/watch?v=2MYXl0Q3k38
youtube.com/watch?v=ac1Mvz2cLIo&t=1152s
youtube.com/watch?v=p00v9ZFhWJM
youtube.com/watch?v=selAvZE6lp4
youtube.com/watch?v=hdKR5t-LHV4&frags=pl,wn
youtube.com/watch?v=XcH2ERSw-CE
youtube.com/watch?v=bdqvUwn1tbE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, now fuck off

In the SUNSHEEIIIIIEEENE

>soulless music
The only thing worse than yanks are brits acting like yanks. Now please get to fuck.

>soulless
You mean Blur, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vval4sx6Ido

fuck i still hate oasis

>The soulless music of the Gallagher brothers
Cringe, their music is full of soul
>do they secretly wish they were still underdogs instead of being funded by billionaire arabs?
No, fans want success and entertaining football which City provide now. The ends justify the means

Let it go, Damon.

wonderwall is a GOAT jukebox song tb h, every dive I've played it at wins the crowd immediately

Basedboy

me three, most overrated band ever.

patrician opinion

*Soi

is this THE quintessential britpop song?

youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74

I don't get why brits HATE Oasis, Robbie Williams and the three princesses (Meghan Markle, Camilla, and Sarah Ferguson).

I have never met a single brit who likes any of these people.

I prefer this one but after seeing it sung by william shatner I don't know which version I prefer.

youtu.be/yuTMWgOduFM

I fucking despise Oasis, but their music is anything but soulless.

>after seeing it sung by william shatner I don't know which version I prefer.
kys you fucking plebbit scum

it's just so much better spoken than sung

luv oasis
luv robbeh
luv meghan markle (jus the roight amount of black)

ate camilla (stroppy old cow, she killed diana)
ate fergie (don't actually know who she is)

see

that song fucking blows

simple as

you're just salty because captain kirk did actually as good version of it... not like what he did with bohemian rhapsody, that was a slaughter.

a blur fan i see

youtube.com/watch?v=SSbBvKaM6sk

Is there a more pathetic band than Blur?

For those who don't know, Blur are essentially a pop boyband that was created by their record label in the mid 90s to jump on the britpop bandwagon created by Oasis, and furthered by the likes of Suede and Pulp. They only had one real hit (the Nirvana ripoff "Song 2) which was less of a hit and more of something periodically played at sporting events. IMO , the members are cunts and talentless hacks.

I honestly can't fathom how such a derivative band got any sort of critical acclaim (Pitchfork has for some godforsaken reason, given them high scores) for ripping off other actually talented bands (The Beatles, The Kinks, The Stone Roses, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Pavement, Pulp, to name a few). "Parklife" just might be the worst album I've ever heard. I honestly couldn't finish it.

Plus the band on a personal level is awful as well. The band members are all drug addict and assholes and the guitarist is a schizophrenic alchoholic. I'm sure you're all familiar with the Nardwuar interview where the band is high on cocaine and savagely assaults Nardwuar and mocks him, so I won't post it here. But that's just one example of the band being assholes to people to get attention.

The band has also declared numerous that they want to round up all Americans, put them in camps, and systematically murder them. Plus there have been rumors going around for years about the band members raping underage groupies during the 90s.

It's shit like that which pisses me off beyond belief. Honestly the band's disgusting personal side coupled with their awful music makes me glad that they will be left to rot in the trash can of music history as the one hit wonders they are. Unfortunately, now they are releasing a new album in a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

I don't think they enjoy anything

This is the most ill informed oile of garbage I've ever read on Yea Forums. Which is saying a lot.

>oile
*pile

To be read in the voice of Phil Daniels or, to those of you not familiar with Quadrophenia, Kevin Wicks from Eastenders.

One of my greatest shames is that, in writing this and indeed almost all of my reviews on my computer at work, flicking between Rate Your Music and an XL spreadsheet depending on where my boss has positioned himself in the office, I have become one of these characters that Damon Albarn uses as case studies for his songs as he breaks down and chuckles at British society.

PARKLIFE!

I am in a job I can do but don't really enjoy, doing it for the money and dreaming of a future elsewhere, which, rather than being just around the corner, seems like a lot of hard work away, at least that is what I tell myself every day that I don't do something about getting there.

PARKLIFE!

This was never my intention, but it makes sense that this has happened I suppose; on Parklife, an album that formed an important part of my adolescence, Albarn held a mirror up to British society so we could see ourselves for the tired nation we were but, at least on this record, didn't offer up any ideas as to how we could better ourselves.

PARKLIFE!

Perhaps this was the reason for closing up with the overpowering "This Is A Low," one of Blur's first great ballads, and perhaps their finest and most spacey,* but, I'd rather not think about that for too long, besides, my boss is doing the rounds again and I have yet to get on to the music in any depth.

AAAAAALL THE PEOPLE, SO MANY PEOPLE....
Yes, Thanks Phil, I'll take it from here.

I suppose that there isn't a great deal of difference between this and Modern Life Is Rubbish in terms of theme and sound. The songs on this album are more polished, there's more going on and, if nothing else, it's a good demonstration of how Blur are continually exploring and developing their sound. Parklife has the better songs; "To The End," "Parklife" and the hilariously ironic "Girls and Boys" are modern pop classics before we even deal with the aforementioned "This is a Low" and "End of a Century" all hit singles in their day, I think, and deservedly so.

This album is consistently rewarding to me as, like all good albums (in my humble opinion), songs will begin as you remember them, but then a hidden passage or an unnoticed guitar flourish will reveal itself for what seems like the first time and memories are formed just as the old ones come flooding back. It can surprise you every time you hear it and makes the album a rare treat on every return visit, particularly after a prolonged absence. "London Loves" (with the excellent use of 'Oi!') and "Tracy Jacks" (the breakdown where Albarn sings "And then it happened on a Tuesday morning/Tracy Jacks bulldozed down the house he lived in/ Saying 'It's just so overrated'")are just a couple of examples I can think of that have this effect on me. It is often hard to remember these moments by glancing over the track-listing as all you recall is the chorus/verse, and not the middle eights, which are often the most thrilling bits of the song, because they break from the norm, or join two norms together effortlessly.

Perhaps the most endearing quality that Parklife has is that when I am listening to it on the bus or somewhere amongst the general public I have to try hard not to embarrass myself by singing along to the catchy and memorable lyrics and when I get home after such an episode of self control I have to stick the record on again so I can adopt a mockney accent and get the repressed sing-along out of my system. Damon Albarn has hit upon the classic pop technique of applying gratuitous la la la's to most of the songs so that even illiterate mutes have a chance of joining in at the chorus and if that doesn't make for great pop music then I don't know what does.

Damon's distinctive vocals tend to overshadow the rest of the band, but musically Blur really come together at this point and not only get exciting on their own instruments but pepper their sound with horns, strings, electronics and computer game effects. Graham Coxon is perhaps the least in-your-face of all the guitarists in history, yet if you listen to his fret work it's imaginative and extremely unique and he gets some thrilling noises out of his amps, my favourite being the apocalyptic drone before the final chorus of "This Is a Low" (did I mention that song already? - great song). Alex James is an equally inventive bass player, his line for "Girl and Boys" is funky enough to turn the track into a disco piece and a favourite on the dance floors, ironically, in places like Greece and Ibiza where the holidaying kids from the song go and act in exactly the same as the kids in real life without ever grasping the duality of what they're doing.

Which brings us on to Dave Rowntree who, I admit, I always thought of as a bit of an uninspiring drummer, but when I listened to his thunderous rolls around the kit on the lightning paced "Bank Holiday" I had to give respect where it was due.

Elsewhere he is a steady drummer, nothing too daring or inventive, but suits the band well and, as we saw with Ringo Starr, this is all that matters.

Parklife is a Great British classic and holds a special place in my heart, and in my record collection. I think that it will surprise me again when I next return to it, even if that is in ten years time. The songs are all high quality pop nuggets and there is not a dull moment, the hour of it's length just flies past. Parklife is also a nostalgia trip for me; though it may sound like the 90's it also has that timeless quality to it and I like it. After all, my teenage years were the 90's and when I forget about all of that ridiculously overplayed I listen to Nirvana teenage angst they were actually very good times indeed.

Well that about wraps this up, Phil, you're back on, see us to the door will you?

PARKLIFE!

*Okay, okay, it ends with "Lot 105" but you need that to bring you round after the heart-ache that came before it.

PARKLIFE!

youtube.com/watch?v=AdxZjRHq2SM

blur is even worse than that one hit wonder atrocity which is just a rolling stones sample looped endlessly over trite and saccharine lyrics

ITT: zoomers

Stick to talking about Taylor Swift, you shithouses

The Shirehorses = 90's City not Oasis
youtube.com/watch?v=2MYXl0Q3k38

It's not a bad song but when listening to Urban Hymns I'd never really go for it. For me, it's Weeping Willow and Velvet Morning

Incredible. Every single poster in this thread is a faggot, except for me.

Don't knock it til you've tried it

Oasis is based

Brazilian just upset Blur never used the African monkey beats that are so popular in his country.

you seriously can't be expecting me to read all this drivel

For me, it's Echobelly

Blur and Suede are London bands. Pulp is from Sheffield. Please refrain from derailing the thread, keep it to Manchester or Liverpool bands. Thanks.

>mfw grew up with blur instead

Attached: 1483485394010.jpg (251x240, 19K)

Their music was FUCKIN BIBLICAL man.

Always got the vibe that they were abused and abuse kids themselves

The Best of Blur [Virgin, 2000]
Not Kinks, just Small Faces; not miniaturists, just small. Reduced to a tuneful 18-song essence that watches too much television, their mildness seems diverting and their Englishness definitive. Damon Albarn's accent--at once Cockney and civilised, with the laddish music-hall "Parklife" for instructive contrast (and a shot of life)--evokes the classless nowhere their genially opportunistic concept of pop aspires and succumbs to. They're alienated, sure--this is the modern world they sing about. But they're never depressed--melancholy is all. Change the world? All they care about changing is their sales strategy. A-

Attached: images(43).jpg (400x266, 12K)

>soulless

haha Radiohead fan detected

I doubt they give a shit tbqh. Man City were just another mid table side that never won fuck all. Their fans had to put up with it for decades. Then they won the footballing lottery. Do you think they would rather be playing in the EFL playing the likes of Rotherham every week like Villa and Leeds are?

Becoming "soulless" is a small price to pay for getting to experience glory and watching the likes of Aguero and De Bruyne playing. The stadium is soulless I'll give you that. And I've watched both City and Oasis play there.

t.kieran bateman wielding an ax

damon has made hip hop music though

IM FEEEEELING SUPERSONIC
GIVE ME GIN AND TONIC

>20th century UK
the underclass creates music the world loves
>21st century UK
music is haram for the underclass, entertainment consists of soccer and more soccer

Most of this isn't true.
Blur were more talented songwriters and managed to reinvent themselves over the course of their albums, oasis found a successful formula and stuck with it, when I was a kid I preferred blur but as I got older and learned more about their personalities I went off them (apart from Dave). Oasis is basic boy music but Liam is a top lad. Noel's a muppet.

On a related note though, my uncle was the manager of the stone roses, ama.

>Liam is a top lad
Liam is a knuckle dragging retard

For me, it's "D'you Know What I Mean?", The greatest Oasis song.

for me, it's gas panic

the virgin damon "tries to make ART"
the chad noel "writes pure banger after banger"

Rather that than a lefty southern pooftah like 75% of blur desu. Did you know Damon Albarns grandad died on hunger strike protesting the Iraq war? Embarrassing.

>Do you reckon they really enjoy their sterile club and what it stands for these days?
yes

youtube.com/watch?v=ac1Mvz2cLIo&t=1152s

he also talks about arsenalfantv at the 21m mark

Kino choice

>oile* at the sea

Identity politics has to enter every single thing in life
>oasis only 4 lyfe!
>blur all the way!
Complete Oasis nut as a kid but i don't really listen to much of either now. No Distance Left To Run is beautiful

SLIIIDE AWAAAAAAY

GIVE IT ALL U GOOOOOT

youtube.com/watch?v=p00v9ZFhWJM

Attached: 69f.jpg (354x286, 15K)

TOP TAKE

Blur and Oasis are the only great 90s britpop groups. The rest only had one good hit or album

greatest 90s British band

youtube.com/watch?v=selAvZE6lp4

gib argie bands

Massive Attack much better desu

Pulp > London Suede > Blur >>>>> The Verve > Oasis

Tonight I'm a rock 'n' roll star

Attached: 400.jpg (585x376, 200K)

Pulp had 2 great albums I think

>an oasis thread on Yea Forums
Be Here Now is unironically a terrific album

Attached: BasedSexyMickservingtea.gif (400x226, 3.13M)

For me it's Shed Seven

camilla is hated because charles bumped muh peoples princess for some ugly bint.

Pulp were formed in the 70s but you're right, they were the best britpop band. Supergrass had the best song though.

Why is there nowhere on the internet to just talk about good music?
>Yea Forums
Just no.
>steve hoffman forums
Boomer central. HEY BRAD DID YOU BUY THE JAPANESE REMASTERED BOXSET SACD?? REALLY BRINGS MY $40000 KILPSCH SETUP TO LIFE
>prince.org
Suprisingly good occasionally
>Yea Forums
Oasis vs Blur leads to the same microwave rehashed thread for the millionth time, how fun.

>inb4 friends
I can only wish

dummy was a much better album than mezzanine or blue lines though.

>Supergrass had the best song though
Richard III amirite?

for me, it's disco 2000

for me, it's Noel Gallagher's shameless plagiarism

youtube.com/watch?v=hdKR5t-LHV4&frags=pl,wn

For me, it's a brimful of asha on the 45

absolutely patrician choice

Considering all the absolutely awful years at City I doubt they or most of their fans care.

I mean shit, remember the season where they scored 10 (TEN) goals at home all season. They can rack that up in two games these days. Or when they got 8-2'd, that was about 10 years ago.

>remember that tank top you bought me?
>you wrote "you're gorgeous" on it

Attached: c57.png (1200x812, 105K)

Walk your dogs already

Attached: alexis_dogs.jpg (810x451, 75K)

Man Utd even has a superior band

youtube.com/watch?v=XcH2ERSw-CE

Both Blur and Oasis are dog shit - That being said Oasis can at least be funny at times where as Blur are the perfect band for a Doctor Who fan.

Listen to The Fall if you want an actual good Manc band

Attached: 1540315084819.jpg (208x243, 7K)

No faggot it's something by the stone roses or the Mondays

Mark e Smith was a city fan

>that part in which the music kicks in again and Liam sings 'my pulse pumps out a best to the ghost dancer'

youtube.com/watch?v=bdqvUwn1tbE
board related

Extraordinarily big brained and redpilled post for a yank

Well they objectively stink, so it's fine

SLIDE AWAAAAY AND GIVE IT ALL YOU'VE GOOOOOOT
MY TODAAAAAAY FELL IN FROM THE TOOOP
I DREAM OF YOOOOOU AND ALL THE THINGS YOU SAY
I WONDER WHERE YOU ARE NOOOOOW

OASIS ARE AWESOME YOU SÖY TWATS

Attached: 1556083645376.png (662x764, 220K)

I WANNAA BE A DOOOOOOOOOR
fuck blur