Why would anyone care about minor league teams in sports like soccer and baseball...

Why would anyone care about minor league teams in sports like soccer and baseball? Especially in big cities that have major league teams in other sports. My mind just thinks even if a AAA baseball team wins the championship, they’re still the 31st best team and none of the players stick around.

Attached: E938035A-C556-40EE-A673-5858F54EA2E3.png (220x193, 44K)

alot of the fans in the stands are family of the players or MLB scouts.

Minor league baseball is typically in cities way far away like Syracuse for example. Plus when guys get hurt the major league team likes to have them play minor league games to slowly get back into rhythm

because it's comfy
imagine being a plastic fuck who would live in the middle of iowa and pretend to be a supporter of the brooklyn dodgers
just root for whatever your closest minor league teeam is

Sometimes it's better for teams to trade prospects than draft picks

To be fair, some minor league teams do have a decent following.The now defunct Modesto A's were a good example. I used to enjoy going to games before they became the shitty meme team called The Nuts. Plenty of good family outings at those games.

it's comfy as fuck. i'm not gonna cross the border to watch the mariners play when the canadians play down the street from me.

The logic of the best minor league team is insert rank in the pros exist in all sports not just baseball

Ever been to an Indianapolis Indians game? I almost hope we never get an MLB team because those games are awesome

The minor leagues are way more affordable for just about the same experience

in hockey there's a lot of farm teams, you see players move up from the AHL all the time

Pretty much this. Its something to do, its cheap entertainment, its nearby, and its theirs. Minor leagues have a laid back atmosphere that makes it a good place to hang out for an afternoon when there is nothing going on. The last game I went to, the team gave away free beers when the other team's top prospect struck out

the ECHL is the shit

In soccer, there's this thing called promotion which makes people care about lower leagues.

Sometimes sports isn't about watching the best players, but rather being together with a community

Minor league games are cheap. You pay $10 for a seat that would cost 200 at a shitty MLB park. Plus they are normally far away from MLB cities

Bakersfield here

tfw the jews killed the Blaze

Attached: bakersfeel mega1.png (1599x963, 1.56M)

my minor league team still does dollar beer dollar ticket dollar hot dog night

unreal

I live 20 minutes from Durham, what other baseball game am I supposed to go to?

Our year lad

Attached: cut.jpg (1024x576, 72K)

>Syracuse
>far away
it's like a four hour car ride

I'm not driving 5 hours to see >my MLB team play when I can get drunk and watch their prospects play for much cheaper

Are you excited for the bird battle, lad?

Attached: eagles_blue_AHL.png (270x270, 11K)