we need old school MLS penalty kicks
youtube.com/watch?v=pNExAtWu0CU

>the least skill-demanding part of the game is the most exciting
The American is right.

>times Messi scored a PK on a cold windy night in Stoke: 0
yeah yeah

Teams could roll dice and it'd be the same as PKs

You are an idiot.

Yeah they bang it in the top corner every time..

What?

Its a test of footballing skill and mental fortitude. Literally the perfect way to decide a drawn game after extra time.

*saves your sport*
youtube.com/watch?v=RRITqS6WEn0

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

>MLelS
Into the it goes

well it's not that hard so they should, especially if they earn 200k or more per week

the problem is how imbalanced a mario party minigame is considering how low-scoring soccer tends to be. a team can have a gorgeous, flowing counter-attack resulting in an incredibly difficult cross and finish, only to be snuffed out and equalized against because some manlet got sneezed on in the penalty area and flailed around on the ground like he was having a seizure. it just makes the sport super easy to rig (I'm looking at you Barcelona and United)

That’s pretty true. Shootouts are the most fun thing about the sport but also the worst from a sporting, not entertainment, perspective.

>93rd minute dive for a penalty to decide a tournament
yea watching that FA cup final was fun, not.

it does take some skill to kick a ball to a specific spot 10 yards away while the crowd watches and the goalkeeper reading you the whole time

Soccer is trash.

Yeah but it’s a skill almost wholly unrelated to the rest of the sport. It’s more similar to baseball than anything soccer related. Imagine if ties in the NFL were decided by 5 sets of Oklahoma drills. Yeah it’d involve skill, but a sort of skill that never defines the whole of the game.

no thats wrong, you take spot kicks all the time in soccer

I hate americans

With less regularity than linemen compete in 1-on-1 pushback fights

corner kicks, free kicks, indirect, direct, its all part of the game. penalties just add pressure to the basic formula and is entertaining for the people watching

And what about that could not be said about Oklahoma? OL, DL, RBs&LBs, WR&CBs, even special team guys do it constantly, and it too would be exciting and full of pressure.

Penalties should count as half a point.

I love Americans

it comes down how you want to end the game in a definitive way. penalties are the most logical way to do it

PROVE that this isn't objectively a better way to do it.

Pro tip: you literally can't

I was thinking that, but then meme stuff would happen like, 90+ and a team is defending a one goal lead, you could just put twodefenders at each post to karate chop the ball away and eat the red card, but still win because it would only be a half goal and you would get the ball back and hoof it

They should just keep playing extra time until the players are all dead

I'm getting sick of penalties 2bh. It brings the worst out in particular players who dive all over the place because most offences inside the box really don't justify an easy 1v1 and the reward is too great. I'm seeing a lot of undeserved teams getting easy goals because of penalties, Wolves v Watford yesterday being an example.

the simple solution is to go to like 7 on 7 for extra time, and more substitutions allowed for that

I like the other sports' kind of final by 3, 5 or 7 matches. MLS penalty kick look very nice also.

You should only be aloud to take the penalty if you win it

>aloud

Attached: 9A01B6B0-B1FC-4563-8E0F-7525ED070507.jpg (500x472, 37K)

true that ameribro, penalties by hand(in the box) should always count as one

>roll the goal to the midfield line
>6v6 golden goal
>15min halves
Find a flaw

Attached: 1554602031301.gif (268x255, 1023K)

benulties can lead to pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=PrFOTT_y8C0

Attached: 1439983003195.jpg (208x250, 9K)

We hate chicanos, so the feeling is mutual

What do americans do in similar circumstances in say american footy?

>Yeah but it’s a skill almost wholly unrelated to the rest of the sport.
it's trying to kick the fucking ball into the fucking net you stupid fucking piece of shit cunt

based