Why don't more teams practice defending free kicks without a wall...

why don't more teams practice defending free kicks without a wall? it seems to me like the wall fucks the goalkeeper over more often than not. Scoring long distance shots in a match is difficult enough

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knuckleball
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're a retard

You’re dumb or what? The free kick taker can just place his shot anywhere he wants without a wall.

>this must be an American po-
>sees flag

wew

and the goalkeeper can see the shot clearly and react accordingly. most goals resulting from a FK are a result of a goalkeeper reacting late to the ball. a smartly placed defense can outweigh the benefit of a wall. I fully believe that in the case of really good FK takers (Messi and so on) a wall is worse for the defense than the attacker. Germany tried a wall-less defense in their prime years multiple times. The fact is that a good goalkeeper will save most shots as long as he can react to them. Analyze most goals in the game and they always happen because of unexpected manouevres or being badly positioned.
reminder that brits would still be playing without passing the ball if it weren't for bright minds like myself advancing the world of football. now fuck off

no no you're right mate, you've solved football

most revolutionary concepts get mocked and thought as outlandish at first. Imagine Sacchi explaining for the first time that you should move the defense forward and invite the attacker to move behind it. retards like you would retort like "lol so tell the defense not to defend? lmao they'll get lambasted!"

Attached: calhanoglu2.webm (1920x1080, 2.83M)

Doesn't shooting the ball over the wall make it imposible for goalie to see untill last second. I remember seeing Rakitic's free kick from Caballeros perspective, it's imposible to react properly in time

a wall would have blocked this

that was shit goalkeeping

most goalkeepers are shit m8

How did he do that
Why doesn't he do that anymore

it's unreliable, unless your name is Juninho

The wall's purpose is to reduce the shooting area available to the attacker. Removing the wall is a dumb as fuck idea. Securing the central area (not giving attackers space to outright shoot) of the pitch is the most important part of defending because professional players can and will punish you with goals if you leave central areas open.

Having in mind that a huge percentage of FK end up hitting the wall, it makes no sense to think on not using one.
I remember Cañizares used to set a wall with a "hole" in the middle which allowed him to see the ball all the way since the kick. It was quite effective.

That freekick was so fucking pathetic
They were down 4-0 and it was the very end of the game, then he made his faggots stand and freekick show to shoot the most miserable freekick of the World cup history

so it wouldnt have mattered if he scored then
why are you so mad?

You say that not having a wall would allow the goalkeeper to cleanly read the ball, but thats a false assumption. The attacking team's players can also mess with the keeper by standing in his view, or by trying to redirect a shot. Not having a wall just makes it easier to place the ball into a more dangerous area in front of the goal.

hits it with (virtually) no spin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knuckleball

and is right, you're introducing a huge random element

Doesn't Ronaldo knuckle it pretty much every fk he tries

I know he did that once or twice at his FK peak about 8 years ago. who fucking knows what he does now, you can't tell because he always just pounds it into the wall

and he's one of the worst FK takers of all time

I'll pound your candy ass into a wall