Championship

Redpill me on championship "big" teams. Aston Villa seems pretty cool desu.

Attached: 48145185_2233876513323072_2762374925854441472_n.jpg (320x320, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Charlene_Downes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Norwich: Inbreds owned by a drunken grandmother, full of Germans, play the opposite of brexit football.

Leeds: Scum

Sheffield United: Hard Brexit football

These are the only three teams that matter.

The big teams in order:
Aston Villa
Leeds United
Nottingham Forest
Derby County
Sheffield Wednesday
West Brom
Sheffield United
Norwich
Middlesboro

Everyone else: Irrelevant

The original invincibles are not irrelevant

Villa: biggest club in the league, ridiculous amount of money. Play nice attacking football

Leeds: big club but fans think they're bigger and better than they really are. Best manager in the league, play the best football in the league

Norwich: shithole tiny club from shithole part of the country. Score lots of late lucky goals and will get fucking bummed in the prem

Sheffield United: tiny club, shit football no fans

Derby: Meme manager, overly reliant on loan players. Probably the most soulless ground and most forgettable part of the country.

3rd biggest city in the east midlands which is the shit half of the midlands which is in turn the most boring part of the entire country of britain

West Brom: literally nobody cares

Boro: shithole, shit football

that's all the relevant teams

>original invincibles
>19th century
kek, preston are irrelevant

>most forgettable part of the country.
>forgetting peak district

Attached: derbyshirela.png (1200x620, 342K)

Norwich - Inbred farmers with Finnish bandwagoners because of "PUKKI :DDD"
Leeds - They're fucking scum, everyone else hates them, think they're the league's biggest club and have a massive chip on their shoulder and are paranoid that the EFL are out to get them
Sheff U - Rough, proper English football, with an Arab oil millionaire owner
West Brom - Yo-yo club, sacked their manager even though they're fourth and still haven't actually replaced him
Villa - Another club that thinks they're big, this time because they won some European Cups before you were born, will probably get fucked by FFP if they don't go up in the next few seasons and their parachute payments run out
Derby - Aka Frank Lampard's Derby County, basically Tottenham of the Championship, will look like going up every season but never will
Bristol - More inbred farmers, these ones go through extended patches of beating everyone they play and then losing to everyone they play
Boro - Pulisball. Mindnumbing to watch but unfortunately effective.
Forest - Also delusional because they won some European Cups, despite not being in the Prem since 1999 and being in League One for three seasons. Have thought every season since 2009 will be their year, but they've not even come close since 2010-11
Preston - Were the best team in England when the league formed, but not been top flight sinec 1961. Weird holy sheep on their logo.
Sheff Wed - Another delusional lot, think they're big despite winning 1 trophy since WW2 (a league cup). Overcharge for away tickets.
Hull - Hull's a rugby town, so I don't know what their point is. Do a noncy "mauled by the tigers" celebration when they score.
Brentford - Great when playing at home, shite when playing away
Stoke - Narrowly avoiding being Sunderland 2.0. Actually missing the days of Pulis at this point. Tells you how bad it is.
Swansea - Welsh
Blackburn - Won the Prem, decent sized club until recently, then went tits up and ended up in League One
(1/2)

QPR - In the financial shitter for letting 'Arry Redknapp spunk money up the wall to get them to the Prem by shithousing a last minute winner with their only shot on target against Derby in the playoff final, then getting relegated immediately after. Can't keep a manager for longer than 6 months. Best remembered for signing a bunch of past-it mercenaries when they were in the Prem.
Birmingham City - Another team that just happened to fuck up their finances after getting 'Arry in, they got deducted 9 points this season.
Reading - Pretty nondescript desu, bit like Reading as a place. Finished 3rd under Jaap Stam two seasons back, but now fighting relegation.
Wigan - Another club that did OK for themselves in the Prem in the 2000s, now a League One/Championship yo-yo club, they have got relegated or promoted in their last 4 seasons, and might again this season
Millwall - Cockney Bastards
Rotherham - League Two shitters who've punched above their weight
Bolton - Another club that fell apart, they were playing European football just over a decade ago with the likes of Okocha and Hierro in the squad, now they're bordering on not existing and their players are going on strike.
Ipswich - More inbred farmers, these ones were a midtable at worse Championship club under Mick McCarthy, before the fans got sick of him, he got the sack, and they've dropped like a stone to the bottom of the table. That worked out for them.

Na the most irrelevant part of England has to be Lincolnshire, never met anyone from there and dont know wtf is actually there.

Very good posts

>shithole part of the country

Confirmed for having never been to Norwich

what caused the downfall of Villa to be in the championship ?

being shit

part of the reason it's so shit is because of all the mongs live you who've never left and have fucking pride in a boring shithole lmao

Pretty accurate desu.

They hate us cus they aint us

Attached: TSUUUU.jpg (800x504, 55K)

>inbred farmers in charge of electricity

Attached: b3ef68e2bc1fa052596472cbea15a479.png (809x585, 427K)

Why are West Brom kits the best?

What would happen if I went and nicked all them rocks?

>the most boring part of the entire country of britain

Lived in Nottingham for three years. Wouldn't say it was boring but it was a miserable experience. Also going back and forth there in the summer of 2013 when the train station was getting refurbished meant I had to travel from this "lovely" station in the middle of nowhere.

Attached: 1920_eastmidlandsparkway.jpg (1792x1200, 420K)

Think you'll find we have the largest bus station in the UK.

>you now remember the east midlands hs2 station will be in fucking broxtowe
So glad they're cutting 15 minutes off the travel time from London to take people to a place at least 20 minutes from anywhere of note

I left and came back because everywhere else in the country was so much worse. The possible exception is Bristol but the West Country is just a pallet swapped version of East Anglia.

Only faggots and sois hate Leeds

based

Ebin :DDD

Good football: Norwich, Leeds, Brentford, Swansea
Classic British shit football: Boro, Forest, Millwall, Birmingham
Modern shit football: Everyone else

>he wasn't on Yea Forums during the 1890s
>he wasn't part of the epic Jimmy Ross shitposting

Fucking newfag.

Attached: PRESTONross.jpg (140x218, 6K)

>Sheffield United: tiny club, shit football no fans
lmao what

I eon't understand why Villa get so little shit thrown at them. They were a stable top6 club, fell out of the prem without even a whimper and unlike other 'big' clubs like Newcastle that went down, struggled in the Championship.

A club of Villa's size not walking the championship is embarrassing.

That's the same principle as our Intercity infrastructure.

Probably helped that they had a good 5 or 6 seasons of being crap but clinging to the Prem before they dropped out altogether, and even before that they had off seasons every now and then where they finished like 12th or something, so it wasn't as sudden as what has happened to some teams

Remember recently when Spurs were second from bottom for AGES? That would have been amazing if they hadn't recovered.

They wanted to put the Sheffield stop at Meadowhall near Rotherham. Balls to city centres, lets just get those sweet out of town shopping mall shekels. Changed their tune now though.

very true

Attached: all time.jpg (661x299, 82K)

>some zoomer claiming that Leeds are scum and that he hates them

OK pal

Everton are OFFICIALLY a bigger club than Manshitster Poonited

What's the best area to live in England if you don't want to get knifed to death by negroids?

Mallorca

Northern Scotland, the negroes and pakis can't stand the cold and the junkies prefer to stick around Glasgow and Edinburgh.

What about Blackpool? It looks like a lovely place to live in.

>tfw won 7 in a row and top by 5 (FIVE) points with a starting 11 that cost less than £5m total
lmao rest of the league are you even TRYING??

Attached: 5-1.jpg (630x886, 142K)

>Sheffield United: tiny club, shit football no fans
Don't post here if you don't watch the championship

Reminder that Norwich City FC is the greatest football club in England to support, bar none.
>located in one of the most beautiful regions in the UK
>GOAT owners, GOAT sporting director and potential GOAT head coach
>unique colours, none of this red+white or black+white shite that every other club has
>almost every season is exciting, either chasing promotion or fighting relegation
>one of the best and most fruitful academies in the UK
>a likeable squad of hardworking and humble lads, made up mostly of free transfers and kids, plus a few experienced older boys
>full stadium every week, loyal and vocal away following
>spend within their means and aren't reliant on a billionaire to throw money at every problem like Villel et al
>legendary ex-manager is currently relegating their closest rivals like a madlad
>choke-resistant, unlike """big club""" Lelds and the Brexit Blades
>could potentially obliterate Wolves' points tally from last season
>PUKKI PUKKI PUKKI PUKKI PUKKI PUKKI PUKKI PUKKI PUKKI PUKKI PUKKI

Attached: tettey chilling.jpg (884x696, 103K)

The most based team is in League One, not the Championship

Attached: 6B555F3B-36A0-4E4B-9267-6BF7F4A2CE67.png (1200x1000, 259K)

>my childhood team lets striker see out contract because he couldn't finish 1on1's to save his life and a replacement shouldn't be that hard to find
>he goes on to expose English football while we slip back into the shadows after missing out on the title last year by one point

Weirdest train station I've ever been to

>Blades: proud white British men
>Other clubs: diving foreign mercs and pacey Ngubus

>Bristol - More inbred farmers, these ones go through extended patches of beating everyone they play and then losing to everyone they play
we'll get playoffs d-definitely

Fuck off prick

What are Pukki's views on the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?

Leeds: Based
everyone else: mongs

simple as

Leeds: Never done anything wrong, ever
Other teams and EFL: Spiteful opportunist bastards out to get Leeds over nothing

Get back to wanking yourselfs silly over that knock off worcestershire sauce lmao.

sheffield united are a pokey little club with no history and a half full ground. Have you cunts won a trophy since aeroplanes were invented lmao, doubt it

who do you support?

Dont forget you got Fulham and huddersfield comin down.

my dad, his brother and my mom's brother are all leeds fans. they're big among the 45-60 people here.

>QPR - In the financial shitter for letting 'Arry Redknapp spunk money up the wall to get them to the Prem by shithousing a last minute winner with their only shot on target against Derby in the playoff final, then getting relegated immediately after.
It's not fair bros, Derby were great that season. They should've went up

>Can't even win the Auto Windscreens Shield.

>Sixth highest gate in the league
Not exactly shit is it. And our football isn't shite either you enormous pleb.

>tfw

Attached: 1390496165768.gif (360x236, 1.63M)

>QPR
What started the QPR decline was Mark Hughes. Redknapp was just chapter 2.

Will Pompeii get back to the championship soon? I get all the championship games and very few league one. Got to watch them fall from the prem and got to see them win the checkatrade. I think they will become my club.

Attached: YoIXB9v.jpg (486x467, 98K)

Hate to break it to you but Pompeii got destroyed by a volcano almost 2000 years ago. They aren't winning the championship anytime soon.

what's the matter Jamal?

Over 30,000 against Bristol City you bitter cunt

>Craig Forsyth
>Richard Keogh
>Craig Bryson
>Jeff Hendrick
>Will Hughes
>George Thorne
>Johnny Russell
I rated these guys, I wanted to see how they would get on at PL level together

>when Mark Hughes hasn't been in a job this calendar year
Will turn up at Middlesbrough the way their promotion charge has completely fallen to pieces.

Attached: wilbon GOOD.jpg (196x385, 17K)

Least we're getting to see Hendrick and Hughes now. Russell going to the MLS was out of fucking nowhere and he's doing alright there. Shame about Forsyth and Thorne having terrible knees

Derby 13/14 were fucking awesome.
Smashed Brighton 6-1 in play-offs and then lost to 10 men qpr who only got a fine for breaking ffp big time that they laughed off

To be fair, it was Shtevie Mac in charge, so it was bound to have gone horribly wrong the season after anyway

The season after, that was the season where we should have gone up. Then came that fucking catastrophic failure

For me, it's Tony Pulis

I'll take Leeds and Villa please. Wish Norwich would fuck off though

Attached: eIiIljl.png (811x364, 45K)

Fucking Leicester and that king

tinpots down
big clubs up

That's what I like to see. Hopefully Cardiff down too

Leeds united are the only club in the championship worth anyone's time. That's a legitimate fact and they will never cease to be the club everyone is talking about. Protagonists of football desu

Why everyone hates Leeds in one paragraph.

14/15 was when we were 1st at the start of March and finished 8th with >Schteve McClaren wasn't it? Imo we should have gone up in 13/14 moreso

Imagine a football club who has only won the first division three times thinking they are a massive club.
Villa and Forest are bigger cuz of their european cups.

Yeah, remember after we beat Wednesday 3-2, were 5 points clear of 3rd or something and I felt that we were definitely going up. Then turning up to Reading last day of the season knowing we were going to fuck it up, literally worst I've ever felt at a match

They have a nice crest

>Then turning up to Reading last day of the season knowing we were going to fuck it up, literally worst I've ever felt at a match

I was there. Will Hughes did a bad backpass early on and they scored from it. We wimpered to a 3-0 loss.
Are >we ever going up? I do like the champ though it's comfy and we'd probs finish bottom with 12 points in the prem

Attached: 1505323729568.png (953x1245, 131K)

>why do people hate leeds fans: the post

upvoted

I mean can’t that be said for Birmingham and Western manufacturing in general. Dying with a whimper over a couple decades

Dunno if it was Hughes but someone did after about 5 minutes. Missed a penalty too didn't we? Kind of summed up everything about the end of that season

Can't wait to see Leeds in the prem

is this UTV's stalker?

Is it fair to say once Leeds goes up it will become the 6th PL club with the biggest fanbase (after United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham)?

Yes and it's appaling. I've lived in the city for 7 years and I've never seen so many Leeds fans come out the woodwork.

For me, it's Pukki Gang FC.

>being being non existent may be very accurate come the end of the season for bolton, we're fun to read about if you like see a side go out of business.

Attached: Gavin-McCann-Bolton-Wanderers-Premier-League_2355032.jpg (800x600, 72K)

my only wish is to see millwall in the prem, for one season at least.

After reading this thread, would you guys agree Leeds are the Championship (as of right now) version of Liverpool then?

>Norf club
>rivalry with ManU
>polarizing (seem to be both the most loved and most disliked at the same time, also seem to have both the most fans and "non"-fans)

Yes and they always let it slip. Haven't even made the playoffs in all there years back in the championship. Stay tuned to see if they fuck up automatic promotion.

truth

Most of the time they haven't been good enough to go up. This year will truly be a slip if they don't get promoted. I'd like to see them back. We don't need another nothing club like Huddersfield ruining the league

what are the chances of bolton staying up?

Why do Americans suck Millwall off? They're a tinpot club with shit support

>ynr Huddersfield have won the first division as many times as Leeds
At least choose Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton or somebody.

For me it's Reading

FUCKING WHY

Just because they won a title donkeys years ago doesn't make them relevant.
Say Huddersfield vs United/Liverpool/whoever
gets replaced with Leeds vs whoever next year. From my POV as a neutral just looking for entertaining games that's a vast improvement in the PL product.

Because without it, he'd be able to understand the posts on Yea Forums.

Norwich have been great to watch this season, all the other Souf teams can get in the sea apart from Bristol.
Villa I watch sometimes because McGinn is a jock chad.
Forest also have a based Scottish anthem so they're ok in my book.
Stoke support make a good atmosphere.
Preston are good for an underdog to troll the bigger teams.

Cut my life into pieces

Attached: Bolton-Wanderers.png (400x400, 4K)

Dat Boro form

i just want leeds to be back in prem for banter

>mull of kintyre
>based Scottish anthem
One of the worst songs Paul McCartney ever made

Brizzy City going up
Put money on it lads

>40 shots in their last two games
>no goals

Hi guys, the selection of mexico is a globally potense icon since we have good players

>polarizing
Everybody hates Leeds m8

apologise right now ya cheeky sheep shagger

Kek

It's good that East Anglia will have a team in the prem but Norwich have yoyo'd enough to stay up and be competitive. Don't want another Fulham/Huddersfield whipping boys

Newcastle have bigger support than Leeds

On current attendances they would be 10th behind Everton. Even if they sold out their stadium every match they wouldn't even get that high.

Blowww up Pompeiiiii
Pompeiii blowww uuuuppp

up the pompey

They have only scored 40 goals all season. Joke of a club and a joke of a manager. It would be a crime against football if they stole a promotion

Attached: J4iFsxo.png (629x705, 56K)

none

Attached: 1553965078381.jpg (723x525, 64K)

>Chelsea

Attached: 1306862792354.jpg (452x388, 43K)

can see it happening, norwich and leeds auto, bristol city in the playoffs
them or west brom

Based literate

Leeds have still only won the title three times, which is nothing compared to average clubs like Everton

danke doktor

>tfw dead club walking as the PL money runs out and players like Jarrod Bowen get sold to line the Allams' pockets

Fuck them.

At least the new crest actually has our name on it.

Attached: Reveal-Page-Parts-02.jpg (2550x2551, 199K)

I'm not taking that, maybe geographically but even then the West Country's prettier. Culturally though the West Country shits on anywhere else in at least Souf

Doesn't matter about titles. Simple fact of the matter is Leeds are a bigger draw than half the teams in the league. If the likes of Cardiff are on tv people will not tune in. Replace them with Leeds and the PL have a better product. Even more so now they have been out of the PL for so long and have eccentric manager.

leeds arent a draw anymore, there are 18 year olds posting here that dont even remember they were a premier league team. they cant even fill their own ground. maybe theyre a draw to boomers who remember those 5 years they were good in the 70s

MARCHING ON TOGETHER

Attached: wow.png (600x600, 380K)

Everyone knows about Leeds and their history. And if they don't they'll learn fast. It will be big news when they return to the top flight.

Leeds are only still big in the minds of Leeds fans

Because Sky Sports' Leeds United get jew'd into everyones minds constantly. More recently a third tier team than prem team kek.
Villa are by a large margin the bigger side

Villa have meme fans. They were literally punching above their weight when they got McLeish and look at the way the fans treat him even AFTER he steered them clear of relegation.

It's literally where those Pakis kebab'd that grill, which the police knew about, and then paid both Pakis like £100k compensation for hurt feelings or something. I don't have to explain it, you know how Jews work. It was this one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Charlene_Downes

Attached: uppompeii_3.jpg (625x456, 198K)

Worst kit ever, shitheads. Look like cans of energy drink

>the West Country shits on anywhere else in at least Souf
Shits on anywhere in the UK. Literal garden of Eden. Green and pleasant land, etc

Grim accents though, sound like theyre drunk all the time.