Thoughts on America's national pastime?

Thoughts on America's national pastime?

Attached: baseball.jpg (1200x798, 202K)

The only sport there is.

This is one of the top 3 days of the year for me.

who /openingday/ here?

Attached: broorspepe.png (500x600, 62K)

wearing muh jersey to work today lads

Which one? Eating or getting shot?

Comfy, cozy and I wish more countries (including ours) played it professionally.

>hardest sport to rig in terms of umpball
>162 games so missing a handful is ok
>cheapest of all the 4 sports for tickets
>inclusive of whites, niggers and spics without the pushed SJW narrative
>days where you can bring your dog to the park

It’s the GOAT sport

not as fun anymore because there's too many mexicans at the ballpark. they're unsavory.

I thought McD's requires you to wear their uniform?

But could the Yankees go 162-0?

Playing baseball with friends is the most comfy thing in the universe.

It seems to have a lot less of star power than NFL and NBA. Tom Brady and Michael Jordan are somewhat known worldwide, but most people can't name a single baseball player.

Opening Day should be a national holiday.

Everyone knows babe Ruth

Maybe in America. Unironically never heard of him

Born and raised in nyc. Lifelong Yankee fan. Seen my team win 5 championships. Been to Yankee stadium hundreds of times. Feels good man.

that's not eating

maybe but I don’t work there

This

OK sorry, Checker's

I get commercials for checkers all the time yet the nearest one is like 2 hours away

It's one of the few things that make me actually proud to be American, and I don't even watch it all that often. It's the only sport we have that isn't plastic. It demands a long attention span. The team names are usually tasteful. There's so much tradition and history behind it.

And the sport itself is just so comfy.
>hot summer evening
>at the ballpark
>the sounds of bats cracking
>that dinging sound made by bat weights hitting the dirt and bats tapping against the plates
>all the unspoken rules, rituals, and codes of honor stemming from sometimes over a century of history

FUCK TODAY'S OPENING DAY, I'M SO EXCITED BREHS

The GOAT sport

I don’t work there either. you’re pretty bad at guessing people’s jobs.

It looks comfy, like cricket. I wish we had a slow pace sport for patricians only.

I don't follow boreball at all but I know of Babe Ruth. Big fat guy who dominated the sport.

Unironically Ichiro

GO YANKS

YANKS STANK

Yeah I got a few but they're between me and god you fucking BUM

Go redsox :) so comfy rn lads, feels good to finally be back

Who /onlywatchtheplayoffs/ here?
Never watched a regular season game in my life. Never will

Attached: doggo.jpg (600x450, 30K)

Basketball is pretty popular worldwide but I don't think casuals know many players apart form Lebron, Kobe, Shaq and Jordan. Average person doesn;'t know Curry or Durant. Same with NFL I don't think people know any players unless they follow the sport. Maybe they know Brady and that's it. Then baseball is even less popular than the other two

i /onlywatchregularseason/. i'm not interested in seeing 16 pitchers. i prefer good ole fashioned ball.

I watch it all. Bought tickets to 5 games.

We only know of Babe Ruth because we're raised on American pop culture and he's mentioned there.

I would support my local team if I lived over there 2bf. It seems comfy. But without a team to support regular season is complete waste of time for me

Watch my yanks

I love the sport but too many damn afternoon games I can't watch.

I'm trying to get back into it. Go Braves!

I have tried to watch cricket and will never understand it. Seems like a poor man's baseball. Love football/soccer though.

Same, only American sport I will watch regular season for is NFL because every game matters, way too many games in MLB/NHL/NBA to make a difference, I work late so sometimes I put on games that are close near the end but theres just too many games to be bothered with.

I would watch but the Miami Tennis Masters quarters and women's semis are on today.

Go Yanquis

absolutely adore it man, how can you not be romantic about baseball?

Attached: masterful.jpg (1200x675, 128K)

is a pastime a sport?

Don't listen to this guy, he is presenting you bad information by telling you to watch a loser team. You don't want to be stuck watching a bunch of unlikeable losers do you? The Yankees were expertly humiliated not once, but at least twice last year by their greatest rival. 4 game brutal assfucking sweep in August and total domination in the last two Skankees playoff games of 2018. God that was beautiful, I am so glad baseball is back. The Yankees fans are fulL of hope which you can watch slowly erode as the long season lurches through summer and into fall. Tanaka is the opening day starter LMAO

International cricket is alright but honestly, if we could scrap the domestic leagues and replace it with Baseball I'd be happy.

Both are shit but baseball is much more shit because there’s literally no variation in what can happen, as the ball doesn’t bounce.

The pitches can be diffrent tho.

for me, I can watch a lot of them because I treat every game like it's a movie which you never know what exactly you're gonna get: something thrilling and suspenseful, something comedic and comfy, something horrific and painful, something sad and depressing, something that's just boring, or something that's just truly extraordinary and wonderful. So like how your average person gets home from work and watches some TV show from Netflix, I get home and put the game on, whether through the TV or the radio (baseball's still the best sport to listen to on the radio). I don't really seriously think about the playoffs until September; at other times a quick look at the standings is enough for me.

Fuck off red cux