Why don’t Americans have ultra’s in any sport?

Why don’t Americans have ultra’s in any sport?

Attached: 242162C5-CD66-492A-89EC-CFC8052981CD.jpg (540x304, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/the-nfl-made-13-billion-last-season-see-how-it-stacks-up-against-other-leagues-2016-07-01
youtu.be/fPsAZpNuaGk
youtu.be/3ogMIALYmzA
123tvnow.com/watch/espn2/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacers–Pistons_brawl
stlouligans.com/chants
youtube.com/watch?v=hypdmF1leFc
youtube.com/watch?v=EqUqTyYo_TE
youtube.com/watch?v=SglYn-tv_NY
weareecs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1788
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because american sports are just an elaborate advertising scheme.

we have food/jobs

we have them in our politics instead

They’re all customers

Because they have freedom.

"ultra's" are just as cringey as marks are in wrestling. It's just a fucking game

They do

Attached: louligans.png (784x874, 178K)

Because Football (soccer) is not popular in there.

because people who can afford the 200$ tickets are not the kind of people who'd do ultra shit
also, trying to destroy some stuff or to light a flare or smoke bomb into an arena will actually get you some serious trouble with a bunch of people suddenly feigning collapsing then sueing you for millions, and I don't even talk about insulting police or armed forces, or throwing stuff at them

NYCFC and LAFC have ultras

Because when you act like an ultra you tend to get arrested and banned from the stadium

They do, we just don't put attention-seeking loudmouths on TV unless the producer can make a lot of money off them.

US doesn't have working class culture, outside of the black population

im guessing guns make it a level playing field

In addition, yanks just aren't that into sports, which is one of the reasons they're so marginalised on this board

how come there aren't any nig ultras then

Did OP get explicit written permission from the original copyright holder of that picture before making this thread?

Attending sporting events in the US is the preserve of middle class whites, not least because of the price of tickets

blacks don't work lmao. the ONLY culture in the U.S. is working class culture. all of our stereotypes come from the working class.

we have blue collar white trash here, too

this

our entire national identity is based on working ourselves to death for little personal gain (but to make business owners/shareholders/jews richer)

The burgers and hot dogs and weakass beer kills the testosterone. And the sex drive. That's why only niggers are non virgins in America, since most can't afford to go to stadiums

>let me tell you about your country
How about you shut your tea sipping lips you fucking sissy

poo in loo

>poop

Because family friendly bullshit.

Because it's fucking gay

>the ONLY culture in the U.S. is working class culture
That is true the world over, all at least originates from the working class. But race maps very well onto class in the US, and the working class has never united due to being memed into hating each other because of the colour of their skin, so the US working class is very weak. This can be seen in the fact that you have never had a major working class party (Democrats certainly do not count). Anyway, by working class I mean to include those on welfare, I'm not using some Marxist definition.

I wouldn't say they've made major contributions to culture

Certainly for capital, the Jews thing is a silly meme though

I would usually agree

>Jews thing is a silly meme though
agreed, i just threw it in as bait :^)

They have capos

It’s a good thing. Ultras are subhumans.

CUM ON SEADDLE
SMASH THE PATRIARCHY
DOWN WITH WHITE MEN

Attached: Brought to you in part by Soylent™.jpg (1200x800, 134K)

i don't know what you're saying, the working class certainly does not hate each other here and is majority white, assuming you leave out the spic owned businesses that only hire spanish speakers.

this.

Yay. I get to repost this.

Attached: 4372A095-5CF8-4ABA-AFD5-2EAD52D0B9F0.jpg (1065x460, 226K)

Universities do, but the schools try to drown them out because they can't be seen encouraging that kind of behavior among college students.

Professional teams don't because the transition from sports as a professional viewing experience to a commodity saw a sharp incline in tickets and permanent seating. Numbered seating was popular because a lot of stadiums weren't right beside lots of housing, so there was no reason to allow cheap, dangerous standing-room areas if the parking/transit available didn't permit any more than the numbered capacity of the stadium.

So rowdy fans didn't have a committed standing section, which meant they couldn't pump in more mega fans for cheap. And as ticket prices continued to rise and season ticket packages were sold these mega fans found themselves distanced even further from each other.

Nowadays tickets to any sports event that isnt Hockey, Baseball or Soccer are so expensive and usually bought out by large companies that fan sections for Football and Basketball will never become a thing.

>white businesses don't fire cheap spic labor
lolwut? where do you live?

>Because american sports are just an elaborate advertising scheme.

as opposed to what exactly? all professional sports are elaborate advertising schemes

FIGHT AND WIN

>the working class certainly does not hate each other here
There is a huge lack of solidarity between the white and non white working class that has prevented them from becoming a political and economic force in their own right. There are very many examples of this division throughout history. Working class whites will vote to make themselves worse off because they agree with negative discourses around non whites by right wing politicians. As for a majority being white, it comes down to how you define working and middle class. But going by modern, liberal definitions, I would have thought that the % of working class Americans that are white can't be more or much more than half.

Green Bay and Pittsburgh had plenty of blue collar fans. Pittsburgh still prides itself on that. But ticket prices are just too expensive nowadays for your joe schmo mega fan to show up, and fan sections don't exist because that would drive down ticket prices and concessions revenue.

>Working class whites will vote to make themselves worse off because they agree with negative discourses around non whites by right wing

you have it backwards. it’s because they don’t agree with the negative discourse about whites coming from the left.

>the negative discourse about whites coming from the left.

thats some very recent shit

The ultras stick to college

>at an american footy game
>cant see anything because there's a retard on a podium right in front of me singing FIGHT AND WIN
>since I cant see the game, after a while I decide to have some fun with the mates there and try and start one of the chants I know
>retard yells at me to shut up
>glares from all the hipsters around me
>and now I'm expected to tip him

actual poor people cant afford tickets. we've been over this a million times.

and negative discourse about non-whites coming from the mainstream right is some very old shit.

no one is dumber than working class whites, thinking they have more in common and more to gain by aligning with middle and upper class whites on the basis of skin color alone than with those they share work and economic background

i mean the real working class, like plumbing, auto-repair, HVAC and stuff like that. i'm not talking about jew-owned retail chains.

the white working class is already populous enough to start our own party, we don't need other races. why haven't we? i don't know. lack of education i suppose. but it doesn't mean we hate each other.

No.

Because we don't turn sports into some kind of cult

Euros literally put ads right on front of their shirts and have for decades

marketwatch.com/story/the-nfl-made-13-billion-last-season-see-how-it-stacks-up-against-other-leagues-2016-07-01
Doesn't even include NCAA

yes, the fuck you think "brought to you by heineken" means when talking about UEFA champions leage? or the corporate logos in kits and on the pitch and so on

Probably because they know they can't get anyone into office running 3rd-party (read: not in one of the coalitions) unless every working class voter decided to work together.

Attached: score some facking goals.png (650x472, 445K)

Acceptable post

Yes, race, as well as nationality, has been used by the rich to meme whites into voting against their objective interests for centuries

>the white working class is already populous enough to start our own party
Not within the US system. There is no room for a third party. I wasn't entirely correct to be fair, it seems that the Progressive party was a working class party, but it wasn't able to displace one of the old parties in the same way that our Labour Party displaced the liberals.

>we don't need other races
The working class failed in the 20th century to achieve power anywhere in the world. Working class strength is conditional on unity.

>it doesn't mean we hate each other.
My point was that white and black working class people don't unite and are easily split by talking about race.

Americans love sports. Its just a lot more segmented. Most of the world cares mostly for soccer, with smaller sports interests cropping up here and there (Rugby, Cricket, Field Hockey, Hockey, Hand Ball, Aussie Football, Ping Pong, Basketball, Baseball) but not nearly enough to combat soccer. The United States has giant interests in Football (professional and college), Baseball, Basketball (professional and college) and Hockey, to a lesser extent Soccer, and then dozens of other sports like lacrosse, golf, tennis, field hockey and volleyball. The average American is a fan of several different sports, so their attention is naturally divided much more than it is for the vast majority of the rest of the world.

>and are easily split by talking about race.

and who talks about race? outside of literally just this website it’s the left 100% of the time.

Frankly blacks will always follow their leaders, and their leaders are firmly up the ass of the establishment democrats. There is very little chance you could get a significant portion of the black population to vote differently from one another. There is a reason black republicans are bashed so much; even if they believe in good policies their votes will hardly count, almost all other blacks vote differently.

>it’s the left 100% of the time.
yeah, usually to bring attention to right-wing policies that aim to disenfranchise or weaken the non-white working class since those groups tend to vote left

>strength is conditional on unity
Yep. And it is difficult to get people unified when the majority of the working class is part of that group specifically because they couldn't achieve a position higher than working class. So good luck getting people who can't understand politics to understand why they should create an entirely new political party. Its hard enough as is to form and run a union.

>unionize
cuck detected

most of the time it’s just talking about how evil white people are, then moaning that poor whites don’t vote for them.

There is certainly the basis now in the US for a party to succeed with a cross racial and cross class (working and middle) appeal, if it speaks the truth about how power and wealth must be spread.

>outside of literally just this website it’s the left 100% of the time.
The left feels the need to talk about race because economic and political power has, in the original instance, opted to treat people differently on the basis of race. It is absolutely possible to talk about race while still uniting whites and blacks, but you'd be right to think that the current liberal approach isn't able to do that.

>Frankly blacks will always follow their leaders, and their leaders are firmly up the ass of the establishment democrats

Although I detect some race essentialism, you're actually right - minorities can easily be drawn into loving high statues individuals of their own race because of the solidarity that builds in resistance to oppression. An example is the fact that Chinese workers will often seek employment in China towns despite the fact that those employers exploit their lack of knowledge of employment law, minimum wage etc. US blacks are unfortunately drawn to people like Oprah and Obama who simply do not care about poor blacks and who pursue ideas that hurt normal blacks. But this is the entire point of race and nationality.

Yes, a lot of working class people dislike working class people

What is less cucked than taking back what was always yours?

Because ultras are cringe, no exception.

this post just screams "i use memes to define my worldview"

Its necessary for a lot of different careers but incredibly easily exploited. Teachers Unions across the US are a great example: the New York union is fucking awful, raising teachers salaries above 100k, forcing tenure for terrible teachers, and allowing hundreds of teachers to sit in rooms across the state during suspensions while getting paid their full salary for months while their cases are reviewed. And that union has so much money it can single handedly make-or-break elections and careers of non-teachers.

Meanwhile many teachers in North Carolina make less than 40k a year and they have to spend their own money on class materials (anything from new books for english classes to scissors, calculators and printer paper). Home ownership is practically out of the question for a single teacher in the state of North Carolina until maybe 20-30 years into their career.

i read between the lines. the left (particularly the american left) simply hates white people.

>[gay] pride night every night
>image depicting a heterosexual couple
Why do Americans do this?

>i disregard nuance and oversimplify complex issues so my brain doesn't hurt and there's a clear "bad guy" to act against
ftfy

Who cares, ultra's are low iq needle dicks anyway.
I mean, how else could you explain such behaviour?

I'm gonna go watch my national team play tonight. Can any of you tell me how your people act in stadiums here?

really made me think

Attached: index.jpg (327x154, 9K)

>cherry-picking
>relatively few instances are representative of all left-wing politics in the west, especially on a practical level
you really didn't think

Buffalo Bills fans.

why are you proud of being stupid?

The american left doesn't hate white people. The people in control of it (the clinton/schumer-types) are in the pocket of tons of mega corporations that are owned by wealthy white businessmen. The left establishment just knows that appealing to women and minorities gets them more social credit than half-heartedly supporting green initiatives and faking interest in bringing down large corporations.

The worst thing abiut our current political discourse is that thousands of young americans have been conditioned to believe the rhetoric being thrown around is real.

>>relatively few instances

it's literally almost all of your media, not to mention social media.

lads Dave just texted me and told me to meet him in the car park for not waving my flag, what do I do?

Attached: oof.png (480x479, 313K)

white genocide? what the fuck are you talking about you thick freak

>it's literally almost all of your media, not to mention social medi
pure 100% uncut delusion

It really isnt as normal as you think it is. The media does a great job of making you think things are a bigger deal/more common than they actually are because the media is reporting on it. But doesn't it make sense that the media most often reports on events that are uncommon? You aren't going to get a news report on gang violence in chicago because thats a pretty normal thing.

american sports audiences aren't lower/working class, the prices are so expensive you aren't going to get a rowdy bunch of people in there on a constant basis to form these groups.

make sure you have your beer tax, and don't be sitting down on the bench or he might literally kill you

think you need to lay off the Yea Forums for a while, lad.

Why not just make the ticket prices lower?

if I was a wall street billionaire with a pet sports team i'd consider it

Well modern stadiums have had millions of dollars put into them to increase concessions sales and improve quality of life for fans. Lowering ticket prices would represent a lower return or even a loss on those investments. Also poor people buying tickets means fewer concessions and merchandise sales because they cant afford them.

Because they already fill 80k stadiums every game with tickets at high prices? Why would they lower them? Its the same here with aussie rules footy.

what's a car park

a parking lot

Attached: image.jpg (1536x2048, 1.34M)

its where you park your car

only if the team sucks and is not in a major market

Attached: image.jpg (1230x658, 467K)

It's an amusement park where all of the attractions are car-themed. Do you not have them in burgerland?

We have a couple of LEGO lands.

*destroys your eardrums*

Attached: 60E5C4D3-AE97-4E93-BF8E-88317165FF19.jpg (392x570, 35K)

Americans are the most cucked people.

first white country to become overwhelmingly nonwhite.

their mainstream culture is half niggerfied and half jewdified. completely foreign.

has a ton of christcucks

you can't even say a naughty word at a game without some obese cuck being triggered by it.

Because they don't have local rivalries in pro sports. Let's say you root for the Memphis Grizzlies: the closest team from yours is Atlanta, which is a 600-kilometer drive, and aren't even in the same conference as yours.

>first white country to become overwhelmingly nonwhite.
one of the main reasons the whites are generally rich is because of heavily exploited non white labour. but that's your free market ideology for you. can't have it both ways lad.

Come to Philadelphia you euro nigger
We’ll give you a hearty dose of “culture”

Attached: 0805F30C-70B2-43FA-98AC-20B3415193DF.jpg (283x352, 41K)

Which stadium is this I want to go

The average american white person is poorer now than 50 years ago when whites were a majority though

that only applies to the 1% aka the kikes allowing them to undercut costs for the workers while maximizing their profits. Unless you actually believe in the trickle down effect, in that case just Lol.

How do you expect people to have a strong emotional bond with a team when there are only 30-32 to pick from and half of the states don't have one?

If Champions league goes to a similar closed system with no relegation/promotion, there won't be ultras anymore for any of the clubs involved, just customers picking from a bunch of superteams.

Yeah just forget about the position the world was back then, where there was no infrastructure in the third world, and most of what the first world is now was rebuilding.
Now that companies don't have to rely on the labor of the american people, they can just off-load it to the cheaper countries and make bank. Don't forget they can then pay to get those tax breaks at home and keep the trickle down con going.

no, only in relative terms. in absolute terms they are much better off. as I've said, the spread of wealth wouldn't be so uneven if whites didn't keep voting against their interests.

why did white people vote for that to be the case

Conveniently ignore colleges, yeah.

College football and college basketball are HUGE and they have rivalries just like you described. Fan hatred is real.

>Euros literally put ads right on front of their shirts and have for decades
dont call our teams fucking 'franchises' like its literally a shop though do we

The United States, Canada, Australia and Brazil were in the unique position post-WWII that they were industrialized post-colonial nations with strong governments and none of them saw fighting at home during the war. Naturally those countries really came into their own, the USA being the biggest one with the most population, varied resources, and the fact that they were speaking English. They were still riding the high of the post-war economy in the 1970s.

College is indeed the closest thing to ultra culture, since people do have their geographical attachment to their alma mater. However, grown men giving everything they have to root for teenagers that won't even play five years for their colors has something wrong in it.
Also, the main thing with ultras is that they travel round the country or the continent to support their team. If you root for UNC and they play at UCLA, you won't travel with the lads to support the Tar Heels.

Attached: 1526986848494.png (2806x1074, 520K)

kek

>no, only in relative terms. in absolute terms they are much better off.
50 years ago the average person could quite comfortably buy a car, house and retire at 65. I have no idea how you can unironically think the average 25 year old is somehow in a better position in "absolute terms" to the average 25 year old in the 50s or 60s.

half of your country is on food stamp
fyi

I don't know but I wish we had segregated seating for home and away supporters and do chants and shit. maybe it's because I watch the premiership and a ton of random fan videos that show the atmosphere in stadiums but I love it. adds another layer to the game over all.

Most times you gotta some shit job to even qualify for food stamps, but there is also a cutoff you gotta be under.
So it makes sense to have that shit job and food stamps over a shit job with a few more hours and no food stamps.
And don't even think of healthcare unless you are under 18 or on social security.

>50 years ago the average person could quite comfortably buy a car, house and retire at 65
the reason that people are now struggling to do that is because 1. they have to pay for a whole host of other things that are now essential, such as a phone, wifi, good television etc., and 2. people are healthier and living longer. i'm not denying there hasn't been a huge transferance of wealth and power from the bottom to the top globally in the last 40 years, but global output is much higher and provides more overall.

Probably because they're not 3rd world animals.

Lmao my dad travels with his college friends to away college games all the time.

They're doing it because they love the University/Team/Program, not the players (well the former comes first, the players second). That is about the most European-sounding thing you can say about any American sport, and I'm surprised Europeans don't appreciate that aspect of college sport enough, especially when teenage superstars appear in professional soccer all the time and are usually traded to the highest bidder.

Most people don't appreciate college sports because the level is way worse than the pros, but you're totally right about the increased closeness with ultra culture in comparison with American pro sports.

Its important to mention that people nowadays spend a lot more on entertainment and technology too.

Cost Analysis:

Cable/Streaming Services/Internet:
Well over $500 a year if you aren't mooching off others

New Phone every 2 years:
At least $250 a year, going to be around $350-$500 if phone prices keep increasing

New Video Game Console:
If you're buying on average 1 new gaming console each generation you'll be spending ~$100 a year based on the console's lifetime usage bwfore becoming obsolete

New Video Games:
Assuming you buy several video games a year, but you do not buy cosmetic items or loot boxes, you will spend at least $150-$250 per year

Without taking into account the purchase of things like iPads/Tablets, new computers (and all the costs associated with maintaining one), new TVs and smart home devices you're spending at least an extra $1k a year on entertainment. That's being generous. People even 30 years ago would probably call us fucking idiots for spending so much money.

>Because american sports are just an elaborate advertising scheme.
even we don't do this

Attached: Pitchside-ADvertising.jpg (1866x927, 2.14M)

College football gets better sports ratings than everything outside of global sports events (Olympics, Golf/Tennis Majors, TdF, World Cup) and the NFL. Maybe the NBA and MLB does better occasionally. College Basketball's final tournament gets similar ratings. Saying "most people dont appreciate college sports" is idiotic. And besides, the regions that care more about professional sports (midwest and northeast) are growing in population at a much slower pace than the Southeast, where college sports reign supreme. College sports are only going to expand, especially bow that college baseball and hockey are being shown on television more often.

No you stop mid game to bring a message from our sponsors

College sports get good ratings because of the alma mater factor, that's why nobody cares about it outside of the US.

Whereas the entire game is a message from your sponsors in divefix.

For divegrass we dont, but Bills mafia or Phili fans for anything arent a joke. Throwing batteries at Santa and shit

>Bills Mafia

Attached: dbf35cf26c46e56b5b9f126cf2814138e63f501e977c490bd0581e3644d30359.jpg (303x442, 52K)

We do. In college football.

The difference is those sports teams didn't start out as advertising agents. They were formed by communities and people paid to watch the sport. American sports teams are franchises which are based around investment and advertising with no identity. They are businesses that will move from city to city in search of better market conditions. While European football in general has been going more toward this direction in recent times, it is rooted in a different set of values.

>team advertises arab airline on jersey while being owned by an arab oil tycoon/chink billionare

Why are British people such fucking cancer?

Because they don't care. I remember talking with my dad about the NBA skipping a season because of some sponsor issues a couple of years back and how awful would that be for the fans who go every match to watch their team.
He said: they'll just go watch baseball

this is hilariously inaccurate.

I feel like it's hard to do when we don't have a year long sporting event like I believe Euros have with football with all the clubs and leagues. Maybe that'll change with American Football if the AAF succeeds.

Those college sports are still getting better ratings and making more money than the vast majority of European leagues though.

They're giddy over their divegrass team being the >molester of Montenegro or something.

The NBA has been a brain-dead league for viewership for years. It's all style and little substance. Most games are filled by people who won an office ticket raffle or celebrities with nothing better to do.

Baseball has the number of games required to develop mega fan culture but the game itself is too slow. Football doesnt have enough games, though college football tends to have very good fans in large part due to tailgating culture and student sections. Hockey gets some pretty good crowds, and I know some teams have supporters sections, but the sport isnt popular enough across the whole country and indoor arenas with numbered seating don't encourage large supporters sections in the US.

fuck you Bills owl 2020

At least we dont have 1/4th of the screen space plastered with ads. Also, your sports seems like they're designed for advertising with constant breaks. What's the average actual playtime in a hand egg match?

11 minutes. Do keep in mind that is due to the NFL contracts literally require a certain percentage of commercials per a half. The AAF reduced commercials by 60%.

Oh my cringe

Because we have the Crips and the Bloods. Ultras are pucci compared to American street gangs.

Do you know Ultras with rocket launchers? I don't. Machine guns? Ultras are for faggots in the US, we have the Bloods and Crips, you cucked Dutch faggot.

Attached: video_image-242358.jpg (706x905, 110K)

holy mother of RARE

They do mate

They go DOOPIN MENTAL

how are they sports related?

barca shirt kek

>Bills mafia or Phili fans for anything arent a joke.
>Throwing batteries at Santa and shit

Attached: 1551640690320.png (600x536, 253K)

they don't give a crud about ultras

>Rich coming from a Texas flag

Because that would mean less money for the billionaire owners and that would be unfathomable

>he wears warrior helmets

basketball is the blackest sport in the usa, both in fans and players but if you watch a game the crowd is mostly white

americans did like the spaniards, to keep hooligans/blacks out they just raised the price of tickets, same tactic they used to remove blacks from living in the centre of big cities

That's so fucking cringe holy shit

Because American's have lives so they don't have time to dedicate their life to watching grown men play a game. Imagine how shitty your life has to be to have pride in something you have literally no control over.

>The difference is those sports teams didn't start out as advertising agents

and then they went pro, thats what i said, all professional sports are elaborate advertising schemes no matter how hard people try to romanticize it professional modern football is every beat as corporate and bussines oriented as the NFL/NBA/MLB nad has been for quite some time.

Plus are you really dumb enough to think that professional american sports just appeared out of nowhere with their current organization?, no it was preetty much the same as football in Europe, small local teams playing in amateur/semi pro regional leagues

are ticket sales really all that important?, most of the revenue comes from TV deals wich in the case of the NFL are run by the league and then evenly distributed are they not?

where do you invest your passion, religion? money? come on, it's all the same

1. For like 90% of people, tickets are too expensive to go to every single game.

2. America has like 10 different sports leagues you can be a fan of, like other people said sports are just too segmented here.

3. The US is too big to travel to away games. Also there are little to no away fan ticket allotments in the US.

4. There are way too many commercial breaks in American sports. An ultra group couldn't even get halfway through a chant without the game stopping for the Geico™ Commercial Break sponsored by Verizon®.

5. The majority of people that attend games in the US (upper middle class Christian boomers) would get really upset and probably report you to security if you chanted something with cuss words in it. I was really shocked when I was watching the Bayern vs Liverpool game and saw the "Fuck UEFA, Fuck VAR" sign they had. If that happened in America it would legitimately be talked about on the news for a few days.

6. The closest thing was have to Ultra culture in America are college football and basketball games. Colleges are usually located in medium sized working class towns which allow for a strong following of the team. Just check the list of biggest stadiums in the world. Almost all of them are college football stadiums. But even college crowds have been neutered for the past few years. LSU used to have this chant where they said "suck that tiger dick, bitch" youtu.be/fPsAZpNuaGk but the university made them stop doing it. Alabama used to play a song called Dixieland Delight and the student section would chant "Fuck Auburn" and "Fuck Tennessee" youtu.be/3ogMIALYmzA between the verses on the song but the university made them stop doing that.

>Imagine how shitty your life has to be to have pride in something you have literally no control over.
Have you met college sports fans? 99% never went to whatever school they suck off.

Thus, we have food...

They used to be more important but in the last 20 years it seems like the TV deals keep getting more and more ridiculous. I'd bet only the poorer owners like Davis and Spanos give much of a fuck about how many people are in the stands.

You are correct. In the grant scheme of things teams make the majority of money from TV deals, profit sharing for the league, sponsorship deals and merchandise. But as long as they can charge $80 for a ticket and still sellout a stadium they will continue to do so.

the footnote, everytime

God tier.

Attached: 4B535474-BA58-4EF6-B316-DBE538334921.jpg (546x539, 98K)

If you don't sell enough tickets people assume the team is shit, so even the people on TV are less likely to watch it. It's like hiring attractive people in stores to walk up next to customers and grab products from the shelf in a psyops operation to make the prodect subconsciously more appealing to the person browsing.

>iunronically thinking an unemployed person can walk in and get food stamps

>5. The majority of people that attend games in the US (upper middle class Christian boomers) would get really upset and probably report you to security if you chanted something with cuss words in it
lel I went to a catholic high school and shouted "hail satan" all the time in the students section. Eventually some nonce told on me and I got into some serious trouble.

>if the AAF succeeds.
Yeah- nah.

Attached: gyz.jpg (1026x1409, 327K)

Lots of us are into sports, and I've never felt marginalized on spee

>Imagine how shitty your life has to be to have pride in something you have literally no control over.
Everyone does this, this is a fucking hobbyist website.

There is literally a "Carr Park" by my house growing up, it's like a neighborhood playground. I always got confused when watching british shows as a kid because I thought they were referring to THE carr park by my house.

Americans are only "marginalized" because the people doing the marginalizing are fucking retarded.

Attached: 1538357597723.jpg (1024x576, 97K)

>go to an Everblades game at Hertz arena
>sitting with my buds on fairly high up
>chant “EVERBLADES WILL FUCK YOU UP, SEE YOU IN THE KELLY CUP”
>two men in business suits come up and tell us to stop
I hate this country.

>he thinks people casually play American football in the US like real football is played in most of the world

They do. Go to a rural area and you’ll see people playing it in shitty fields.

Non shit stream
123tvnow.com/watch/espn2/

harder with american football given the gear, size of rpsters, risk of injury, its not like playing in your thursday day night after office soccer league or a game of pick up basketball, but if we have american football teams for dudes out of college that cant let go of it in shitty regional leagues with mismatched gear and uniforms playing in dirt fields just for the hell of it, im sure americans have it too

also you are not counting flag football

>implying

They just throw the egg at each other, they dont play it competetively like the kids in my street, because you cant without getting a shit ton of bruises or a concussion. You also need way more people while football is usually played with whatever number you have, minimum 4 people.

But it’s not real soccer because they don’t fake injuries.

More like get ejected from the stadium if your chant is "racist" or "sexist" and have to pay $250 and take a "Fan Conduct" class if you want to be readmitted

Attached: what the doop.png (1406x328, 60K)

Pic related

Attached: 1535066496099.jpg (358x32, 4K)

Their sports are "gentrified", most of the tickets are expensive as hell.
But also they have this very weird "puritane" thing, like they can't even drink beer in public for fakes sakes, so seeing a bunch of working class folks doing insane shit would be anarchy to them.

This, it is very gay, even students at uni sports games don't do much except pitch invasions.

>fakes sakes
I'm stoned as up as hell time to go to bed

It was still comprehensible, unlike a lot of posts on this board.

>Euros literally put ads right on front of their shirts and have for decades
The NBA started doing this recently but the sponsor logos are pretty small compared to what you'd see on football kits.

Sports fans are really, really weird.

The malice at the palace. This event killed any sort of hooligan fan behavior in the states, no matter how minor.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacers–Pistons_brawl

Attached: image.jpg (300x400, 141K)

We need more NRA-style lobby groups. Look at how many shooting incidents there have been. Then one grubby basketball fan ruins the entire concept of being an ass at sports games...

Attached: CHItnicki Vojvoda.png (808x755, 91K)

In 2011, 2 mexican Dodger fans gave a SF Giants fan brain damage. That's the closest we have to Ultra violence here. I think in part because people get in their cars and drive home. We don't take trains or walk very much, because it's not an option for the majority of the country.

>demand that others give money for hipsters beer fund
>you can just claim religious reasons to not pay
>cr*d
I want to believe it’s fake so badly.

If it was like in Europe, they'd shoot each other every big game. Pretty smart for Americans to do it, only time they used their brains

>thinking its fake
stlouligans.com/chants

this happened in hockey
youtube.com/watch?v=hypdmF1leFc
that ncaa alabama guy poisoned the trees

This felt extremely Philadelphian until I saw the New York jersey.

because we have real jobs and prosperous lives to look forward to as well have some semblance of rule of law

ALSO anyone could have a gun

>NCAA
>Actually caring about amateur sports.
fuck up, flyover, before you get this dick.

Americans are low test

>acting like an uncivilized asshole during a game is good
I never understood this logic, but I guess "atmosphere" is all you have when the match on the pitch is boring as all fuck
there are hardcore baseball fans that don't scream like retards, they are taking notes and talking about stats or discussing the pitcher/batter match-up, there are different ways to appreciate a sport, and you choose acting like chimps while thinking that's good

>let me tell you about your country
you ever hear of "flag football"?

>talking about pro sports
>bringing up shit amateur "sports."

yankees have bleacher creatures

youtube.com/watch?v=EqUqTyYo_TE

Attached: yankees bleacher.jpg (1280x720, 198K)

talking about level, not ratings stupid ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=SglYn-tv_NY

The guy asking the question is obviously fake. Why would he religiously be against alcohol but support LGBTs? And I'm pretty sure that's a fake acronym anyway.

t. knows nothing about Americans
Americans will constantly freak out over handegg

Handegg is not a sport.

The only real American sport is NASCAR.

Well they have the bills mafia and eagle fans Also get rowdy, but they are not organized barras bravas/hooligan firms, and much less have some polítical standing as many european ultras, its Just people acting like chimps, wich is Also what ultras do but they like to come up with some sort of dumb justification for their niggerness

Unemployment rate is not high enough.

Put ads on the boards?
m8 hockey and baseball do that

So does Hiro.

why can't americans handle the bantz?

are u blind? that nigger is female, look breast

The US can't handle bantz, because of SJW culture -- everyone is afraid of a lawsuit, user.

Attached: gloria-allred.jpg (1000x563, 564K)

Oakland Raider fan.. line 1

Why don't jc van femme give up those Coors light ads

Cause Americans would rather watch the game then sit around being annoying faggots looking for attention

Bloke is a university educated statistician with geological group...makes 80 k a year

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-12-13-19-43.png (720x1280, 1011K)

>a country with no black people in it asking why black, gay, female, non-white, non-straight people don't like being shit on.
When your ancestors see genocide it sort of creates some disagreement

>Netherlands
>no black people

shut your burger hole, logan o’rosenblad-gonzales the third.

>he still wears the fucking scarf

>be american
>go to footy game
>tip the drummer

can't make this shit up

yeah we just shipped the black people to you, thanks for making us rich lmao

capo's gonna doopin' lose it if he sees me on my smartyphone during designated flag waving time

I literally "Doxxed" this guy (I just searched through his account on the ECS forum)

The sounders actually gave him the golden scarf award back in the day. He also got interviewed by a german newspaper.
weareecs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1788

His name is ROBBY BRANOM BTW and he is still active

pic unrelated

Attached: yet another.jpg (900x600, 130K)

sorry that we dominate this board

in a thread full of dumb posts, this is the dumbest.

Police have shot them all, sadly

can the mls get more soi'd than this?

Attached: 1553439524056.jpg (400x400, 22K)

That shit can get you kicked out of the stadium/arrested in the states if the powers that be sense any sort of negative behavior involved.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 454K)

>GDREEAATTH

Cuz they are Faggs

>LGBTQXBRAP2+

lmao

>outside of the black population

Attached: 10-10.jpg (155x200, 7K)

absolutely based

Attached: bbcpipeline.png (592x816, 177K)

>funes posting

based and wunderbar

based

Better don't act out of line in an American stadium.

Attached: stadion sniper.jpg (634x461, 85K)

this is ultimately the answer

Are you saying that the appalachians don't have culture?

I am drinking shine out of a dixie cup while typing this with the other hand.

The first reason would be that is you fight in a park you get arrested and banned and the arrest will fuck your life up.

The closest to ultras is outside of venue celebrations that turn into riots. You can riot and the US and get a wrist slap. If you fight in a sports event you will get fucked up in the court system and get a lifetime b&. In this day and age.

it's literally a bosnian guy from here

UNC doesn't play UCLA very often though, in football or basketball. They mostly play other ACC teams, half of which are in the Carolinas and Virginia and UNC fans can easily drive to.

Clemson enters the thread

Attached: clemson.jpg (1200x960, 526K)

just more proof that TLaw is a divine being

This is why being a soccer fan in the US is considered inherently cringy

>foreigners have to identify only as "non-American" to have any chance of being Yea Forums influential

Attached: IRHYGDDT.gif (264x264, 1.37M)

>non white working class
That effectively didn't exist until the 80's

>the miami of the 80's
they'll be irrelevant in 5 years when dabo goes to the NFL

I love how yuropoors pretend soccer isn’t heavily commercialized.