Are we actually good now lads?

Are we actually good now lads?

Attached: harrry.png (283x418, 297K)

No

yes

No

No. But Yea Forums will pretend that we are in order to do OH NONONONONO posting like the speds they are. They'll also pretend not to understand irony or jokes or cynicism as well.

Arreeee Kaaaayyyyynuh. The penalty specialsit from the land of the lionnnssssssss! Brave. Braaavve. BRRAAAAAVEEEEEE AAARREEEEE KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYNNNUHHHH

Say the line.

is Arrey the last white left in the english squad?

SAY THE LINE BART

>They'll also pretend not to understand irony or jokes or cynicism as well

Pickford. Henderson.

good enough to qualify and going through groups stage of WC or Euro but I still don't see you winning those tournaments

Neither do most English people. Large % of the 'WE'RE SO GOOD GUYS' is seething Jocks who get off pretending to be English.

Yes, that is indeed what he said.

Attached: It actually is just banter.jpg (960x684, 203K)

Misleading stats. This is before the World Cup began. Nobody here thought we'd get close to the final when we barely even qualified. When was the biggest onslaught of IT'S COMING HOME?

New golden generation innit.

The summer of 1996. Ever since then it's been an ironic battle cry.

Just accept that foreigners have no clue what "it's coming home" really means. There's a lot of layers of optimism, pessimism, irony, cynicism, etc at work there. You can only understand if you're English, it's part of our national conciousness

>people still think that a comedy song, written by two comedians, for their football comedy show being sung by fat Norfers is actually something TOTES SERIUZ BEUSNSS
I really don't understand people who can't understand it. It's explained many times, in simple English, it's explained many times in detail. It's summed up succinctly with 'it's a unique brand of cynicism and irony that you won't get unless you're English' and yet people STILL don't get it. I'll be glad when this site in banned for UK users on April 1st. Can escape this hellhole.

It's

There is nothing le deep and complex about it you seething nonce

That's probably a Scot falseflagging.

Not for us

JFs don't get it though

Of course there isn't. But people don't seem to understand it isn't to be taken seriously.

Yes.

Attached: england_stronk.jpg (625x352, 68K)

It doesn't matter
We had a far better squad back when Lampard was captain and they bottled it as per
Put Messi and Ronaldo in England shirts and they'd shit the bed in the quarters

No, but you guys still might win trophies because your competition is even less good

S A Y
T H E
L I N E

I remember that Spain post Euro 92 (when we failed to qualify) until 08 (the first of the 2 Euros we won), winning games in Qualy like crazy, trashing the minnows with +6 or +7 goals difference, beating decent sides, every generation being the golden generation, media selling that we were favourites to win whichever competition came in the summer and then flopping as always. That is England now.

It's coming home. No meme. Deadly serious. England will win the 2022 World Cup.

>chokes against Croatia

2022 is ours

That's been England for at least 2 decades at this point

Depends on how Sancho, CH-O and Foden develop. Looks promising but England more often than not get undone by a journeyman side with an exceptional midfield talent. Case in point is Croatia. I think England probably would've put up a better fight in the final against France.

t. Frenchman

Yeah, like you did not fail to qualify for 08 or suffered like fuck to do it for 12

Top 6

top 6 of uk not europe nigel

England's front 3 is world class, maybe the best in the world.

Midfield, defence, and keeper however... top 15 in the world at best

Everybody knows that that song was made ironically, and I believe that some people used it in that way.
That doesn't change the fact that many normies used it in unironical way.
If you think that england will win the world cup, and sing the "it's coming come" because of it, then there is nothing ironic or cynical about it, even though the song was made ironically.

not him but what 5 teams are better right now?
France
Spain
definitely
Germany maybe
Netherlands & Portugal I'd personally say we are better than

italy, belgium, spain, netherland and portugal
i'm not even sure you would beat current croatia

England always had good players, it never helped you. You had better players than us or beligium in the WC, yet you managed to lose 3 times.

>italy

LOL

>i'm not even sure you would beat current croatia

We literally just did, idiot

Attached: 1553038445347.jpg (513x429, 21K)

>Spain
>Better than

It is not 2010 anymore and Spain is mostly crap

no we didn't lmao. half the squad were untested kids. you overrate us to make yourself feel better

you are the tottenham of football, a serious threat but inconstant

>no belgium
oh no no no no no

Half of our squad are literal whos from meme teams and meme leagues.
You had a "golden generation" until few years ago and where did they get you? They weren't "untested kids", yet you even managed to not to qualify to the euro 2008.

Your players are either seriously overrated or they simply don't give half a fuck for your national team.

you're the one overrating them

Yes croatians put the worth of your good for nothing team at 1 billion pounds

>England always had good players
>You had better players than us

??

Yes you did, I don't see how I contraticted myself. I'm saying that there is no reason to get hyped about this new generation of players since england having good players, or atleast players that are considered good is nothing new. You had good players in the WC yet it didn't help you much, you had good players 10 years ago and it got you nowhere. As I said your players are either overrated, or they simply don't care enough for the NT

they were never good

last "golden generation" was 2006 and we saw how that went. no one has had any expectations since

Well either way you had better players than we did this WC. With the exception of midfield.
Kane > Mandzukic
And it's enough to say that the best defender we have is
>lovren

> Defeats Czech Republic 5-0
> Instantly super positive about NT

Ah yes the quintessential bong. It's in your genes, you are born to be delusional and therefor to get btfo'd in the knockout phase by Iceland and Croatia.

Stay cucked Bongland.

Attached: 12312312312.png (901x436, 744K)

they're all overrated due to the EPLEL dude

england hasnt had a world class team, well, ever

Explain this picture please last time you posted it I suggested it looked like a low quality YouTube thumbnail. It's a really shit image to use to get this point across and you use it all the time.
Also
>Fellow 2019 UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE FINAL FOUR /ELITE/ MEMBER being un-based
Fuck off.

Stay mad at the picture bong, I know it hurts

sorry mate it's very cringe

hope you didnt make it yourself

I just want to know where it came from. It's like some YouTube thumbnail that's all. Don't be a fag.

> I-i-i-its very cringy s-s-s-s-stop posting the image a-a-a-user

Sure thing mayte.

lol

Better than being BTFO in qualification LOL

We're good.
We'd be even better without that selfish prick.

Attached: greedy dickhead.jpg (1124x617, 75K)

classic football rule, if you waste huge chances you always get punished later on

Is England the Liverpoop of NTs?

kek

Attached: 389851a1.jpg (675x638, 87K)

We are the most underrated team in the world. There are retards who unironically think we'd lose to Shitaly and Croatia.

You literaly did lose to us
>nations league
Bearly winning scoring 2 goals from set peices, how imperious, indeed the bes t team in the world currently, wouldn't you agree martin?

They are like a Megazord combination incompetence: Liverslips bottling, Argentina NT shitty performances, Netherlands choking ablity and Juventus's desperation to win anything meaningful.

Lol guilty as charged

We tied with you over 90 minutes in the World Cup, so we're still unbeaten against you since Brollyman fucked it up in 2007

Attached: Dabbing Pepe.jpg (249x180, 5K)

You were outplayed home and away by England and lost 6-0 to Spain. You also lost to fookin Hungary yesterday. That is not a good team. You can't fall back on your world cup run where Russia and Denmark took you to penalties either.

You barely beat us in the WC but it was a win right?

A win is a win m8

>Hungary

Attached: 1553291947113.png (640x400, 94K)

> Attacks poster from country that beat you in semi final of the biggest tournament in the world
> 'Barely' beat us mayte
> Brings up inconsequential qualifying game as proof

You bongs have a talent for this shit I swear to god. Pic related.

Attached: 1531403717081.gif (600x343, 3.84M)

You're a massive faggot and all you're doing is crying on the internet about English people. Honestly, it's quite funny.

>You can't fall back on your world cup run where Russia and Denmark took you to penalties either.

Says an Englander that fap watching his team barely beating Tunisia and Sweden and only beating clearly Lolnama.

Triggered bong KEK

Attached: 1507589297426.jpg (480x336, 17K)

But we did beat them (the Sweden game was actually very comfortable).

A win on penalties isn't even a win by fifa's rules.

How many gamea did Spain win? Just one? Couldn't even beat Morocco and criticise others for BEATING Tunisia

> All this rationalization

Just stop mayte, you bongs have made a total joke out of yourselves in this thread and your fellow countrymen are shaking their heads.

the british notion of fair play is relatively different from civilised world

Implying that I give a shit about Spain since 2012

Dumping a losing team. Good call

>Lolnama
Grow up m8

You are so cringe. Are you the city poster by any chance?

You have to hand it to the brits they really manage to deceive their own mind into thinking it's coming home every fucking time.
And yet they always choke.
And they never fail to brag about how Kane won golden boots with penultys and lucky bounces

You have to hand it to us, because supposedly we are irrelevant and shit yet you all can't stop talking about us :)

If scoring from set pieces is so easy then why doesn't everyone else do it?

That the Panama that just drew with Brazil?

we're the spurs of international football tbqh

>Implying Brazil is not a joke

This lad gets it

Learn from him bongbro

>we're the spurs of international football tbqh

this. better than most but still the most meme-able

watch us Spurs up the nations league

There are only two players even remotely approaching world-class in our squad, Kane and Sterling. Compare that to the likes of France, Belgium and Brazil and we're miles behind

Yes, we're literally top 4 in the world now.

Kane already is world class imo. Sterling is a good player but he's a system player.

What is the unironic, non meme outsider view on Kane?

That's the second best in the world, after Aguero.

hes scored 30 goals in a season la. hes the best in the world for . sure.

We're a Top6 nation, but France and Belgium are a power gap ahead of everyone else.

I feel that Kane has declined over the last year or so. Partly because I don't think he gave himself enough time to fully recover from some injuries and partly because he has become extra greedy on the pitch

Sterling and Kane are both world class, and I wish people would stop dancing around the subject. Only the most smacked-up, bitter jock could deny it at this point.

If they were Brazilians putting up the same numbers, no one would dare deny it.

Brazil also has quality all over the pitch and a wealth of depth. Those three are tier one right now. We're in tier two along with about 6-8 other teams

don't care about international games 'cause the spurds play.

Sorry but you didn't even qualify for the WC?

MAYTE

no

>Brazil also has quality all over the pitch
We really don't. Our team doesn't even have a proper striker. Neymar is good but he's almost 30 already, Firmino is too inconsistent, and Richarlison and Jesus are just shit. Don't even get me started on our defense

You're gonna get shat on tonight, so no.

They're our best two players yet there are several other nations with a stronger top 2. Would you take Kane + Sterling over Griezmann + Mbappé, Hazard + De Bruyne, Neymar + Marcelo, Modric + Rakitic, Suarez + Godin, Kroos + Reus, Ronaldo + Bernardo or Busquets + Ramos, for example? And many of those squads have more players besides who are more valuable than either Kane or Sterling. We do have a talented squad but the English punditry is already starting to forget the talent available to other nations

>inconsequential qualifying game

That's a mega yikes from me Jansen

>Griezmann + Mbappé
No
>Hazard + De Bruyne
Maybe
>rest
Yes

>If you think that england will win the world cup, and sing the "it's coming come" because of it, then there is nothing ironic or cynical about it, even though the song was made ironically.
Yes, but the whole reason we take the piss out of jf seething about it is that you VASTLY overestimate how many people sing it unironically. Like, maybe it was presented differently in Croatian media, but from what we got over here, it sounded like almost everyone in Croatia believed the song was completely unironic from the start, when in reality it had just gotten more and more funny (and, yes, plausible - if you reach the semis, it's fair to think you might win) with every match we won. Very very few people above the age of 12 were dumb enough to actually think England were going to win the cup in 2018, if you've been involved in football for any amount of time as an England fan you naturally build up pessimism because we are chronic underperformers. Paired with the fact that on paper our team was pretty bad, people were saying (myself included) that our main goal was to get out of the group.
The opening game against Tunisia was shaping up to be such a fucking typical England WC game where we draw against some minnow in the group stage which is the first step in a disappointing campaign, it was so unlike us to get the winner there near the end.
Anyway, the main point is, as that graph I posted shows, the number of people that sing the song without any irony is not many at all, and jf seems to genuinely believe it's half-and-half or something like that. No. Part of the song's satire is making fun of people that, every two years, are convinced that THIS is the time England will definitely win for reasons x y and z. Same as the deluded Liverpool "It's our year la" shit.

Don't waste your breath. Foreigners are autistic and don't get it.

>croats having humour

The Yugoslav wars explain a lot.

imagine caring this much about what foreign football fans think about england fans lmao

england fans are cunts

>1 semi-good player
>injured

You will be lucky to lose 5-0. Pray it won't be 7 or 8

>Englands self-esteem is so low they have to bully literal mountain niggers to make themselves feel better

Almost every international team is a meme these days.
>Sudacas
KEK.
>Germany
League B and bottom of their WC group.
>Spain
Choked to Russia and their golden generation is finished.
>Lelgium
Choke in every tournament.
>Neverlands
Maybe they can start qualifying for tournaments before they talk about winning them.
>Portugal
One-man team.
>Italy
Please tell me this was a joke.
>Croatia
Been shite since the WC.

England are a meme team by default, it's just our natural position. So all that's left is France, and the French team is about 20% French anyway at the moment.
So with a levelled playing field like that, yes, I would put England in the top 5.

>croatian media
Croatian media is pure clickbait, I never pay much attention to it.
Most of the "It's coming home" I recieved from both shitposting here, and shitposting of your media. None if it seemed, ironic, most of foreingers croats or not didn't look at it as ironic.
Song was ironic, true, and anybody who ever heard that song that is obvious to, the manner in which you used wasn't, and the first instances of the cathphrase being "explained" as ironic is after you went out of the WC.

So basically it was month of it's coming home, followed by the damage control after crashing and burning.
Also I have fortune of meeting english people in person, and none of them seemed ironic and self depricatory.

Honestly I don't see the problem with the it's coming home even being taken seriously, you have right to be optimistic, but this "twas a joke" seems like damage control, sorry.

>the first instances of the catchphrase being "explained" as ironic is after you went out of the WC.
Simply a lie. But even if it wasn't, why should we be obliged to cuck ourselves out and say during the tournament that we're going to lose? Every team sings inspirational songs about how they will win.
Not our fault if you don't understand the concept of irony. It's just about impossible to lose as many times as we have, often in such pathetic circumstances, and unironically think you will definitely win the cup.
Just because a newspaper or a fan doesn't explain the joke every time they make it, doesn't mean it's unironic. Remember that we have been singing this same song at every single tournament since 1996, of course there is a shitton of historical irony built into it just from that.

>JF's still seething about a little song
Rent. Free.

Attached: delph-tea-.png (680x452, 682K)

>Lads, it's England

I don't really see the song as ironic, just that people have completely missed the meaning. The point of the song is that people know that England will choke again (assuming they even qualify at all), but the hope is someday, eventually, England will again rise to the occasion and win something, and as unlikely as it is, this could be the time. Maybe because underdog victories exist.

Stay butthurt bongs, keep the rationalization up. This will only make the match against you lot easier this summer. Also watching you bongs behave in the media, at the NT and in the media has strengthened my belief that you pose no threat to the EC and WC in the future.

> aka I don't give a fuck about the past and some unqualified tournament disaster

I don't see you guys with a trophy so as far as I'm concerned we achieved the same. Achieved fuck all.

Attached: 1025590.jpg (640x480, 87K)

1966 :-)

Why are you so salty? Did someone shit in your clogs? Or are you just a mong

No

KANE?

ITS

CUMMING

Attached: 75b.jpg (680x383, 29K)

your line is gonna be 'we're going up' next year and who did that?

>trinidad and tobago
was that the line?

>doesn't get banter

keep that energy when we make you hold it in portugal

>tf
>tp

1988 :-)

>Tottenham
>Serious threat

Attached: Vice_President_Richard_Nixon_drinks_yerba_mate_from_a_mate_gourd_at_a_barbeque_luncheon_held_at_the_ (843x802, 245K)

>the way they keep turning their head
this is so fucking embarasing lmao

Its fucking Montenegro, cool your jets.

Attached: 4657324887_fff6419bee_b-01.jpg (1024x683, 220K)

>Put Messi and Ronaldo in England shirts and they'd shit the bed in the quarters
>implying they perform their respective national teams

Yes

well they can beat anybody

I think his playmaking has gotten better tbqh. Nice passes last night

Go away Hans

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

Easy group

>italy

Attached: 1542522042274.jpg (750x703, 51K)

>0 points

Germany
France
Spain
Belgium
and of course
Croatia

Yes

Don't get too excited.

Raping a qualifying group is literally the worst thing England can do. >We did it in the bad years, when It's Coming Home truly did become a meme. England would BTFO of everyone, then show up for the tournament and just trot about like a victory lap, assuming they just had to play a couple more friendlies before receiving the trophy. Then they got their shit pushed in and everyone would greentext >Iceland for the next two years. That happened every single tournament. >We need to think we're shit, or we won't stand a chance.

I can see England losing in the finals of Euro 2020 quite easily, though, probably to a meme team like Switzerland or somewhere.