Has anybody here played or perhaps plays in a sunday league team (amateur tier)...

Has anybody here played or perhaps plays in a sunday league team (amateur tier)? I doubt we have any semi-professionals or even professional footballers here among us.

I used to play football for my local team which is only 2 minutes away from my home, sadly they've disbanded and now only have youth teams on the roster.

Attached: Sun_lge1.webm (800x478, 2.92M)

Attached: Sun_lge4.webm (1280x720, 2.09M)

Attached: Sun_lge10.webm (1328x796, 2.13M)

I play indoor soccer right now, will go outdoors in a month. It’s fast, aggressive, and you have to have good technique.

played a couple seasons in the lowest amateur tier here. I wasn't very good, and the travel was fucking grim.

great webbums btw

I also used to play for the Chicago Fire’s USL team (youth development). We played against teams from the Midwest and Canada and shit. Inb4 Fire sucks

>I play indoor soccer right now
Futsal? (5 on 5)

I played Sunday league, team is full of Portuguese and Brazilians we even won a ship. I'm still in the team.

No, it’s a burger version of futsal (arena soccer) It’s 6v6 with walls

>I also used to play for the Chicago Fire’s USL team
USL is second tier right? That's pretty high up.
>team is full of Portuguese and Brazilians
lel. I was on a team full of gypsies. One even played for another team in the division but the coach smuggled him on our team from time to time since we didn't have enough defenders and he lived close by.
>great webbums
have a unit

Attached: Sun_lge3.webm (704x838, 1.66M)

Yeah, USL is second-tier. The team is no longer active but it was fun while it lasted, and was the highest level I played at. I was a center back (stopper)

No I prefer my ligaments intact

I play in the German bezirksliga which qualifies as a amateur sunday league team desu
Its the local club i play for since my childhood

>I doubt we have any semi-professionals or even professional footballers here among us.

there's a brit who plays for rotherham (championship team)

I played in a u16 professional youth system. Broke ligaments.
Played amateur since Im 21 until now.
Now im playing outdoors 7 a side for boomers.

Mikael Lustig posted before.

I was somewhat of a talent when younger, smallish back then but vast. Not sure how I would have played now that im a bigger lad, but I was better than friends whom I know that play at the Championship level in England. Threw it all away because my parents split and my dad had to drive my half brother around to games when he started playing football at the age of 6. He wasn't even good but hey power of the pussy. My mother meanwhile was to occupied with yoga classes and self help books. Meaning I had to bike and lift to every training and match myself. To much responsibility for a kid so I quit. I dont regret it but I also wonder at times what could have been. Especially when I see 2-3 people playing professionally which I know personally, whom had no talent vs me. Nowadays no one cares to remember I was good or doesn't believe me since im crap nowadays.

Should have tried out with one of the big academies if you were that good. They'd probably have offered you financial support or had someone give you a lift to matches.

True but honestly at that time I just was not mature enough for that, to take initiative. I never had any real parental guidance. So I had to figure it all out myself. Initially that was a big disadvantage because other people were just more informed to make smart choices. Eventually I learned to always ask questions, be curious, ask why, consider all options yada. And now I'm vastly more effective at moving through life than a person who got all this 2nd hand. But at that age it just wasn't present. Maybe it sounds like a lazy excuse but at that time in life I wasn't even thinking about contacting an academy, finding out where it was, how to get there and showing what im about.

I had a few friends that were poached by bigger division clubs when we were playing in the youth system. Not a single one made it to the pro league. One plays in Austria now and he says that the pay is nice for a 5th division team. Others have quit and are focusing on their studies.

Attached: Sun_lge7.webm (1160x744, 1002K)

You're talking with the captain (me) of Fornos Algodres (my team)

>playing casual footy with your lads
>meeting the opposing team after the game at the pub for laughs

Why would anyone not want this?

I trained with my local team for a while when I was like 15.
Did a few sessions, was deemed too good for my age group, so got moved up to under 18's to train with them... they were all way fucking bigger than me and I got crunched hard in every tackle because I was skinny as fuck, so I just gave up footie and concentrated on skateboarding instead.

Indoor soccer is also more popular here in Australia than futsal. Futsal is however the much more superior sport. Most Euro and South American countries don't even play indoor soccer, they play futsal. Futsal is far better if you want to develop technique. Having said that indoor is best for under 12s but any age above should be playing futsal.

>Fornos Algodres
Which one?

Attached: dJL1rcNb+ZgAAAAASUVORK5CYII=.png (760x576, 53K)

i am absolutely god awful at football and always was. i played rugby as a kid.

Fernando Galvis.

I was born in Newark but my parents are Portuguese. We came over here when i was still a kid

Yes it's tricky. One friend I knew quit recently. The other one didn't stay in the 1st team for long. Funny enough the guy with the least amount of talent is still playing. He was very disciplined but i'd say I was vastly better than him on the ball. Still thats just a what if, because who knows how I would have developed in my late teens. Maybe that was it for me anyway.

there's nothing gayer than adult rec sports

played in my towns club who competed in the first macedonian league but for the u20s
i quit when i was like 18-19 because of no proper conditions and corruption, i was literally asked 5K euros to go into the first team lel
nowadays i kick it with the lads in 5aside matches of futsal

played as right back btw

because at least 50% of the people, including "your lads," are turbocunts who spend the whole game bitching at each other and the ref, making everyone miserable

For a very short while, but lost interest and didn't have that much time because of school. I wasn't exactly a good player, far from it. Two of the guys from our age group turned professional though

Depends on the sport and the country.
Rec soccer in Europe is usually comfy, whereas rec soccer in Canada is absolutely the most autistic thing I have had the displeasure of witnessing outside of the internet.

Can't wait to be old and play softball with the other dads

You still in Chicago fag?

As the other Canadanon said, rec soccer is dominated by tryhard autists.
I went to see my buddy play indoor 7v7 a few weeks ago, and noticed a few things:
>a lot of the players, not even just the GKs, were absolute units
>players overreacting and yelling about incredibly trivial things that most Europeans would hardly notice
>a lot of the players, even outsidr of the match, were full kit wankers
>every team I saw play had a manager - some of the managers were basically just equipment boys, but the others were SUPER autistic (got dressed up in a suit and tie with dress pants and shoes, and yelled useless instructions to their in super high pitched voices while holding a fucking clipboard)
>70 - 80% of the men there were 5'8" or shorter; so many of them had napoleon complexes on top of their autism

Yeah

Agree wholeheartedly

kek, I have never seen anything remotely close to this bad. until you get up to 11 a side in an established league nobody takes it very seriously, and even then I've never seen the clipboard/suit or overreacting shit

I played in the u19 team of a midtable Greek Superleague club. My position (DM), however, was occupied by one of the team's best players so I ended up playing mostly as a right back. Quit to go to uni and because I was sick of footy in general and pretty much never played since but I do other sports.

i aint reading all that shit Kees

31 year old target man in the Norwegian 5th division who's becoming slightly overweight

Was a keeper for a five a side team at uni, and was the goalkeeper for a local churches' Sunday league team at the demands of my Bible bashing parents.

However, growth spurt ended at 15 and I'm now a forever 5'10" manlet. Didn't get to play in goal much longer.

Broke three three of a kid who would go on to play for a mid-table second division team. AMA.

Does he start?

He was decent for a couple of seasons for my local club, I thought he would go on to play in the top flight but he caught some dodgy injuries and was dropped for someone else. I think he retired at 27 or something and now spends his time traveling around the world, he comes from a rich family too, I think.
The incident happened when I was 10 and he was 13, he always played RB and he tried to punt a ball away but I lifted my sole and he ended up kicking into it.

How’s pickup soccer in Mexico? Is it fun and popular? Because here you have to play in order to play soccer at most places

I can use my right leg and my left leg. I can do 'the dance', naturally skillful, could've definitely made it as a championship player, maybe further if ugly enough.

Kek

>could've definitely made it as a championship player, maybe further if ugly enough.

you would have been scouted by 14 if that were the case

I was a victim of child abuse and my teenage years were kind of insane, ended up doing a lot of drugs and not really interested in being an ambassador of my locality for anything.

Played for South Liverpool in the 10th tier of the English pyramid when I was 21. 30 now and just playing 7/8 aside with my mates.

Went to school with a guy who trained at the Chelsea academy and even got to play for their U18's. Remember kicking the ball around in the playground the guy had an absolutely monstrous left foot, even when we were 13/14. Wound up getting loaned out to some league clubs before going to the States on a scholarship to play "soccer". Now plays for my hometown in the Southern league which a something of a fall from grace.

I saw this at the Ontario Soccer Centre in Vaughan.
I don't even want to know how seriously 11 v 11 gets taken here, especially with all of the WOPs who live here...

Based impromptu keeper

Did you get molested by any of those guys who are in the news now?

Thats pretty sad dude, if what you're saying isn't BS i can understand. Know loads of people in acadamies who are shite but are some coaches, staff or players kids or know the people and coast in on minimal talent. Few guys I knew who were genuinely good like yourself got disheartened and now play semi-pro or sometimes come down for a laugh in our sunday league.

The percentile of kids save for few exceptions are usually like you described man, loads of my friends were in acadmies for various clubs but now some play semi-pro and most have quit football all together

Tommy Hoiland was a regular in /trb/ years back. First division player in Norway

I played with Mohammed Elyounoussi for a few years. He was better than me, but not the best among us

Played in the top American youth league against some of the MLS academies, then played in the third tier college soccer league. Now I’m playing Sunday league. Played against a few current pros like Pulisic and some MLS players.

some more webm's

Attached: Sun_lge9.webm (1328x796, 1.5M)

Attached: Sun_lge2.webm (704x838, 2.68M)

Attached: Sun_lge5.webm (704x838, 2.28M)

Attached: Sun_lge8.webm (752x744, 1.53M)

>every team I saw play had a manager - some of the managers were basically just equipment boys, but the others were SUPER autistic (got dressed up in a suit and tie with dress pants and shoes, and yelled useless instructions to their in super high pitched voices while holding a fucking clipboard)
This is amazing lmao

All the futsal centres here are run by the biggest scumbags ever unfortunately