Have they ever had a world class player

Have they ever had a world class player

Attached: yikreAqrT.jpg (1600x816, 418K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/15/brutal-but-effective-why-team-gb-is-winning-so-many-olympic-medals
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Brad Friedel

No

Bobby Bradley?

Donovan and Dempsey wern't completely shit, whitch is Elite for 'murricans

>61 stars
by that point, probably

what happened to this place?

why does that flag have 61 stars

Yes

What happened to you mutt?

You could argue Tim Howard was World Class

No, but Howard, Friedel, Keller and Guzan were all pretty high quality keepers. That's actually one department America have done quite well at.

Attached: christian-pulisic-dortmund-goal.png (621x709, 516K)

Tbh a combination of shit mods and terrible posters. Obviously the soccer niggers carry a huge part of the blame.

Might be the g*rman genes in the mutts

Subhuman handegg mutt pleb

This

He said world class, not farmersliga class

We've had the most world class athletes of any country in the past century.

Landon Donovan was borderline world class. He stayed in MLS most of his career because he couldn't deal with Yuro weather. True Angeleno desu

Kasey Keller

Tyler Adams

he got benched for an 18 year old zoomer who got dabbed on by fucking alderweireld and vertonghen

The all-American DC United striker Wade Ronald

Attached: 4DECD70A00000578-5918615-image-a-23_1530727529684.jpg (634x501, 47K)

Wayne Rooney would be a perfectly normal American name.

Dempsey, Pulisic, Adams. Maybe McKennie.

Pulisic, McBride, Dempsey, Donovan, and Howard. Arguably Bradley (played for a top European side in Roma) as well

>61 stars
Since you're from the future, you should know.

Mañana me toca a mi

Attached: efra.jpg (1200x799, 124K)

For after Puerto Rico gets statehood, and the U.S. annexes Canada.

Are burgers really this retarded or are these bait?

Claudio Reyna was pretty good back in the day.

>Arguably Bradley (played for a top European side in Roma)
Makes him as good as Ravel Morrison

None of them were high quality at all. All decidedly average.

The US has been world chess champions for 242 years straight.

Attached: goat.gif (834x556, 44K)

Honestly?

No

The USA has the 2nd largest American population outside of Africa and the 2nd largest hispanic population in the world

How the fuck can't they field 11 guys who like to kick a ball?

>2nd largest American
African*

freudian slip kek

Dempsey was the closest we came. He could have been useful player at champions league clubs but was always underrated. Subotic and Gio Rossi could have chosen American nationality but didn't.

Niggers play hand egg and most of the hispanic population is Mexican who also suck at soccer?

Not to mention undefeated super bowl champions...

Bradley could have been world class in the right team. His play at Verona won over Italian fans and reminds one of the great midfield engines.

bobby fischer

Mad that yanks actually believe this, Bradley was a flop at Aston Villa ffs

you have millions of black guys and there are only 32 pro american football teams in the whole world

>bradlel
>good
oh my sides

>mfw an American was fat near me

Attached: 0F97E6BB-86A0-48B3-8B6D-F1145A05EFB0.jpg (413x395, 19K)

donovan

World class is generally a handful of the best players in a position at best. The U.S has never been remotely close to having a player of that caliber. To argue that for any of our players is just delusional.

Freddy Adu

Why not just Do La Liga or Serie A?

Attached: 1401065876730.jpg (560x560, 63K)

he had a bad experience with leverkusen when he was young. made him severely homesick and it probably scarred him from going abroad again. he preferred to stay at home in cali as the star of the mls and the face of u.s soccer. imo kind of a bitch move, he could've progressed u.s soccer a lot more by doing well in europe but that's his life. he had the talent though.

Attached: 8years.gif (500x195, 72K)

name literally one sport we haven't had world class players at
>inb4 meme sports like ballet or divegrass
real sports only

Attached: 1.762779.jpg (490x800, 91K)

he will flip back to usa ... jona got played hard by fmf

Nfl isn't the only american football league. Athletic black people play gridiron and basketball. Soccer isn't popular at all. In African American 'hoods' you will find basketball nets everywhere but almost no soccer fields

We have the best athletes(highest quality nogs) but they dont play soccer. The only way way for us to become the best at soccer is to make it easy for poor minorities to take there families out of poverty using soccer. Right now basketball and american football are way ahead. In this country soccer is for upper middle class white people whose kids have not a single creative bone in their body. You can see it on the field.

LelBron is the greatest CB Manchester United has ever seen.

Attached: lead1.jpg (970x645, 481K)

I just learned today in a BR article that apparently he was seen as a symbol of Klinsmann's failure at Bayern when he went there on loan in 2009. Klinsmann didn't forget when he left him off the 2014 WC team.

Such a shame the best player and best coach in US national team history weren't always on the same page. Hopefully it doesn't end up affecting the team's development in the future

Also, this is what happened when Landon went on loan at Everton in the winter of 2010.

>His 13-game stint in the Premier League was an unequivocal success. The 28-year-old forward started 10 matches in a row, scored two goals and helped the Toffees to memorable wins over Manchester City, Manchester United and eventual champions Chelsea, as well as to a well-deserved 2-2 draw at Arsenal.

If you want to define "world-class" as CL level then surely this fits the description no?

Michael Jordan

wouldn't even start for Croatia

lmao

are we telling about a short that only transgenders and numales like here? like yes, some Americans care, but some Americans are also transgender and numales.

OP was obviously asking about divegrass though.

>not being able to read people's intentions from context clues
Sad!

WE were americanos

Attached: northern mexico.png (814x518, 84K)

Frank Dux

Attached: Bloodsport-kumite.jpg (600x848, 149K)

We had Donovan who played in Europe, and Dempsey who played in Englel.

Really worried about Pulisic though.

Yea Forums has got its own Godwin's law when talking about USA and football

Attached: I-like-where-this-thread-is-going-2.jpg (400x262, 32K)

Serious question, why do foreign fags rate soccer so much? Britain sure, they invented it, and a handful of random countries would make sense, but literally most peoples and countries outside N America and S Asia?
It's not as though most of your countries had any kind of important innovation or influence on the game. Most countries in the world are content to straight-up copy what others do at sport. Why is this?

Chestnut holds the belt.

Claudio Reyna was voted into the best XI (Eleven) after the MMII (2002) World Cup. I realize this is quite different than a true world class First Team it's the most legitimate claim from a US player.

Sad.

Attached: SoreUnimportantBarnacle-size_restricted.gif (435x250, 3.93M)

Yeah that sounds about right, he definitely could have blazed a trail in Europe for other North Americans to follow if he had dealt with his problems like everyone else.

Maybe if things were just a bit different he could have made it work, even some Canadians like De Guzman and Radzinski had half decent European careers and Donovan was definitely way ahead of both of them.

Pulisic will flop in the prem, but i have hope for some of the other talented prospects.

>severely homesick
probably just couldn't deal with the lack of freedom, based

He played at everton... he wasnt world class...

All of those players are better than Rooney

He also played at Old Trafford.

Most athletic chads grow up thinking soccer is gay, then in college realise it's pretty cool.

You're a Nazi and/or Hitler.

Kek barely, and that's when he was a teenager.

America has 300 million people to prop up like 5 different pro sports leagues...and none of them are soccer. Fuck soccer. No one cares here. If American athletes are tall/talented they play basketball. If they're tall and not talented they play volleyball. If they're not tall but they are talented they play baseball. If they're not tall or talented they play football. Some talented players play football if they're from the south, west coast, or mid west. If they're from the upper north or east coast they'll play an Olympic sport, an individual sport, hockey, or baseball.

In order for soccer to succeed here there would have to be a MASSIVE campaign to organize it at the youth level and right now simply no one cares. 3 best soccer players I ever saw all got D1 scholarships for it and quit halfway through their education. People just don't care.

and Alan Shearer played at Newcastle, you can be world class whilst playing in an average team.

All you need is a ball to play. You don't need a net, you don't need proper field markings, you don't even need shoes.

The only Olympic sport that matters outside of the games themselves is boxing. The only track and field medal worth anything is decathlon. Every other Olympic """"sport"""" is irrelevant and the top athletes in sports that are in the games (football, tennis) don't take them seriously.

Now how many top athletes do you have?

Because he was average.

>don't take them seriously

This is Englel's excuse for being dogshit in soccer? It's literally the only sport you play and the UK had to bankroll unimportant Olympic sports just to inflate their medal count. That is pathetic.

theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/15/brutal-but-effective-why-team-gb-is-winning-so-many-olympic-medals

ha, this. klopp "tried".

if anyone wants to know how much we don't care about soccer, watch a safety mark a wire receiver, inches apart, and watch USMNT mark up. they are about a full yard off the other player. literal retards.

And Robert Green was considered world class before *that* game I'm sure.

Attached: whoops.jpg (480x360, 16K)

It's fun.

most of the boxing greats are american, a good number of athletics and tennis greats as well. obviously far ahead of the rest at the worlds 2nd team sport basketball (if you say cricket you shit in streets) only subpar in assoc. football
also,
>ranting about relevance to an american, this being the most relevant nation by far

good answer desu

Donovan was the best of those and I wouldn't say he was world class.

>tl;dr
>"W-we don't care"
Clockwork

It's the GOAT sport

>Foreign
You silly mutt, football is the global sport which means it's part of almost every countries culture unless you're are american(you)

It is thoroughly English.

No one cares if you mutts like footy or not gaylord

Brad Friedel
Clint Dempsey
Tim Howard

There are over 1,000 colleges where people play football and basketball. Most black people in this country couldn't name a single soccer player outside of Pele, Messi, Ronaldo, or Beckham.

99% have likely never heard the name Maradona in their life.

>USA womens national team BTFO's the rest of the world so consistently and thoroughly but the rest of the world thinks the men just cant produce an athlete comparable to them

you guys know how the women have won the world cup and gold medal and every single match whenever they play another team from non USA countries?
it would be like that if men actually wanted to play in the champions league or whatever you faggots play soccer in.

>men's football is the most competitive sport in the world
>nobody cares about women's football except USA and Japan
Hmmm.

So you think that all the Highschool and college foorball players that dont make hte NFL are going to go back in time and start playing soccer at 5 yo?

Fucking retard.

> Landon Donovan was near world class
AMERICANS

As laughable as that error was, he wasn't considered world class by anyone. Unfortunately, the state of English goalkeeping then was pretty bad; he was the best of a bad bunch. Needless to say, that error killed his career.

Even if only 1% of the total population cared about football, that's still like 3 million people, which is roughly the population of uruguay who still produce great players.

> Scores two goals for Everton

WORLD CLASS

Who knew that the global cultural melting pot would result in an entire nation of deluded, retarded mutts

>america has the second highest numbe of registered football players in the world
>still can't compete with small nations

Attached: totalnumberofplayers.jpg (314x688, 98K)

Brazilians are mutts and are good at football but why aren't their amerimutt counterparts

then why is this thread here? literally someone cares if Americans like the sport enough to play it. Jesus you are a fucking idiot

No one cares if you like it but with a population that big you'd think they would have one exceptional player you fucking mongrel

do chinese have any notable players?

Not chinese but close enough

Attached: 1084707464.jpg.0.jpg (1200x800, 65K)

Just feel the need to alert anons to these hilarious underrated posts

>killed his career
He's at Chelsea

>then

Bobby Fischer

If it wasn't for this board becoming a soccer ghetto because american posters go to sleep, I would not know who Ronaldo or Messi were. Soccer would be so down a list of an American athlete's back up plans they would go pro in golf or bowling before soccer.

Tom Brady

Wahhh

Hope solo

Bobby Fischer

Everton was considered a EL tier team back then and in his short stint he lead them to wins over (then) title contenders United and Chelsea, a CL contender then with City, and a draw on the road with Arsenal.

It was a loan stint and he would have obviously needed to keep it up for a longer period of time to be truly world class. I'm just saying at his peak he had the ability and showed it.

>only two goals
He was an AM at Everton. His main job wasn't to score goals but to create opportunities for everyone else. He actually could and has played some forward in the past and did well.

lmfao, not bradley. Pulisic might be our GOAT. I'm looking forward to what he and Steffen can do.

Most countries want to compete with other countries instead of playing by themselves and calling it "the world series"

Attached: 080616-Hope-Solo-close-up-PI.jpg (1600x900, 536K)

>Bradley
was trash. Even in Roma

Bobby Fischer

>Landon Donovan was borderline world class
lol
>he couldn't deal with Yuro weather
Europe has every kind of (tolerable) weather you can find, what a shitty excuse

Soccer is just not popular in america. Why the fuck are you guys so obssesed with this. Deal with it. Moat americans don't even know messi.

Bobby Jones
Jack Nicholson
Tiger Woods
Ben Hogan

It's cheap and requires close to no equipement to play
There's place for any kind of physcal build and even not very athletic players can succed if they are technically gifted enough.

>another soccer thread

>>soccer
Fuck off american

Lalas was unironically based

DON'T

>it’s an irrelevant flag shitskin poster

are you implying that Americans would play a sport they are not interested it? surely you can't be this stupid.

In USA, soccer is the thing you play if you arent good enough for the basketball or football or baseball or wrestling or track & field or lacrosse or swimming team.

Bert Patenaude

In high school i had elective choice of debate, chess, or soccer. I chose chess.

Based ameribro

banter

Have there ever been great soccer players that tall?

Manlet game.
No wonder messicans love it.

do you know who jonas salk was?
he was the jewish scientist that cured polio. he created the march of dimes to raise millions to fund his research.
polio was a crippling and deadly disease putting children all over the world into a wheelchair or an early grave. the vaccine for polio was one of the greatest medical achievements of the last century. its a globally essential medicine.
and this guy jonas salk?
he could have made billions from it. he could have patented it and made actual billions of dollars.
you know what he did? he waived the patent. he gave up billions just to make sure as many people who could be helped got the help they needed. he became a celeb after that even though he hated it. truly a great man and he left the world a better place than he came into it.

If I had a choice between polio existing in the USA/world and jews. I would choose polio every single time and twice on sundays. I would infect myself with polio and tour america spreading the disease in a custom built wheelchair or crutches if it meant all the jews and their influence were excised from my country like the cancer they are.
polio is nothing compared to the harmful effects of jews on the USA and world.I would give anything to live in a world where our biggest problem was building access ramps and compliance with the civil disabilities act.

that sounds like hyperbole. it is not. 100% authentic feelings. I cant sleep at night anymore. I wish I never started questioning things. I wish I was still a dumb rube out there able to laugh at things instead of a woke misanthrope. I envy the dumb.

Giroud and Virgil "Man Mountain" Van Dijk

based challenger 2 ;_;7
quantity clearly isn't a quality look at poo loo's, they can just about play cricket that's it
Zlatan, Pogba blah blah, height becomes a hinderance to balance, footwork etc for most players, manlet sport

You are literally Hispanic

Are the goalies even tall?

Tiger Woods

Every great golfer besides gary player
maybe nick faldo

>no els
>no vijay

Newcastle was actually good when Shearer played for them though.

>no norman
>no sergio

Tom Brady
Steph Curry
Patrick Kane
Tiger Woods
Michael Phelps
Richard Sherman
Floyd Mayweather
Deion Sanders
Phil Kessel
Pete Sampras
Michael Jordan
Mike Trout

third worlders took it over
mods helped them

They arent greats. They are just pretty goods.
Choke Norman was better than both of them

Those men, in my country, are nobodies.

your opinion is tainted by poor knowledge

>stephanie curry
>leaf

only know because of Yea Forums
who?
who?
fair enough
ok
who?
ok
who?
who?
tennis guy?
only heard of him because of american tv
who?

>>inb4 meme sports like ballet
>ballet = meme

Attached: mewvment.jpg (723x1024, 36K)

every soccer player ever
1)Ummmm bend it like bekam 2)and...Paylay(sp?)
3).....literal who infinity

>every soccer player ever
famous all over europe, south america, the middle east, asia, africa etc
>every handegg, luckswing and icestick player
famous in shartistan only

Attached: sports league by revenue.jpg (1600x994, 142K)

Kek glad that an American at least acknowledges us

simmer down, Ahmed

>and the U.S. annexes Canada.
never going to happen, kid

>needing to lump the shitters into continental blocs for comparison against our great nation
says it all really

you made Magnus laugh

Attached: magnus.jpg (4224x2908, 1004K)

EPIC BURN, CHANG XD

legitimately impressed by who popular boreball is, trash '''sport''', even golf is more entertaining.

how*

Attached: made a typo.png (735x541, 27K)

brainlet opinion, baseball is the second greatest sport in the world (behind, of course, tennis)

>Yuros ITT: I'm s-s-scared of Fatland ever getting good at divegrass!
>(most) Burgers ITT: You're a cuck for liking divegrass.

What's wrong with being as good as many sports as you can though?

it's not technically, physically or strategically impressive. it's also slow and longer than it actually needs to be.

1. Baseball
2. Golf
3. Tennis

boom goes the dynamite!

Attached: british police.gif (400x224, 3.99M)

America's greatest sports (football* and baseball) are both STRATEGY GAMES that play out as SPORTS.

>*inb4 Canadians invented football. Who cares, Americans perfected it.

Attached: First Football Game Ever McGill versus Harvard 1874.gif (751x216, 140K)

>greatest sport in the world: tennis

Attached: 1493493820582820r294 skeptical_man.jpg (680x440, 98K)

tactics you mean, there's very little strategical thinking in handegg and boreball, that's why they're boring to watch(and play, in boreballs case). divegrass, apehoop and icestick have far more strategy involved.

Handegg is all about tactics dude. Try playing a Madden game. You'll understand that

that's what I said.

Bradlel has been past it since he came back to MLS, but did you watch that Villa side? He came into a floundering squad with a ded manager that barely put together a decent showing until the end of the season, only played a couple matches and even then, they were going to buy him anyway because Houllier said he had quality and would be good with a full preseason and time to acclimate to the speed of the game, but then they brought in Alex What The Fuck Is Football McCleish who nixed the deal.

Attached: BRAZIL-USA.jpg (650x569, 39K)

>drumpf is a trequartista

Attached: 1460575734051.jpg (900x948, 255K)

Mason Cox

Lance Armstrong

All their NFL and Baseball stars

Babe Ruth
Lou Gehrig
Joe Dimaggio
Derek Jeter
Lawrence Taylor

Mickey Mantle