Is this sport?

Is this sport?

Attached: 4767.png (732x451, 835K)

Maybe not sports but people who say that it doesn't need any talent or practice are retarded

It's as much of a sport as chess, I'll give you that much

It's more of a sport than actual sports, because it has LAWS, not rules.
All the greatest sports success are tainted with bad refereeing, or suspicious circumstances.
If you win in a video game, you win.
Think world cup, france was the better team for sure, but what if greasefaggotman didn't dive fot that first goal....

That doesn't stop Chinese hackers from plaguing the non-professional circles though

nah it has a major problem that you saw in early pro sports. people taking dives for money. kind of like what boxing turned into

I didn't know this, but yeah i guess i could have assumed it since there is now huge money involved.

And also, i forgot to mention it takes immense skill to be at the top top level but everyone knows this.

No.

I cheated in every HS rugby game I played in but that doesn’t make rugby not a sport

starcraft has that problem for sure. league less. i dunno i can see some shooters having that issues if the main guy goes against them team. the payoff has to be big though because you don't get paid that much overall

I like hots. The game is dying so you can play only mid every week because it's the only brawl people like

He plays a game

True but its a function of betting limits and pay for players/tournament wins. I noticed the csgo finals at the last iem had limits of 150kUSD on pinnacle.com which is insanely high a NFL regular season game is like 40k. At the highest level the bookies must believe the games are legit.

Hearthstone is a sport because poker is a sport. Stay jelly, nerds.

Everybody remembers iBuyPower

I don't consider gaming to be a sport. To me there needs to be a level of physical exertion involved. I dont know why they're trying to push video games as a sport; Its a legit business with a lot of fans and money and doesnt need to be considered a sport to be succesful. Its like its ashamed of being video game just market it for what it is.

He plays a game

yeah and then some story comes out that the top guy was not actually on point oh and guess what your bookie was in on it

only if i like the game

Dumb logic. All pro sports are being played recreational also.
Most of those games became competitive later anyway, that's the beauty of it, they meta developed.

I can smell your fat video gaming ass from here. Esports are not sports, they're esports. Got it?

>physical exertion
i don't know if this needs to be there for a sport, just a base level of required physical skill in order to execute an action. so for esports you need the relexes and accuracy to be able to perfectly implement your gameplan.
it's pointless anyway, what does it even matter if something's considered a sport? because it could get into the olympics? not even that matters - i wouldn't consider chess a sport, but even so i wouldn't really care if it was in the olympics

I consider it a sport i dont see any difference between doing something with a mouse vs a hockeystick or a racket.

no