Who is the most /int/elligent athlete of all time?

Who is the most /int/elligent athlete of all time?

Attached: 1547598950718.jpg (854x480, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dq16wWgcSt8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extensive_reading
theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/apr/26/the-forgotten-story-of-carlos-kaiser-footballs-greatest-conman
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Me

HOL UP

Attached: http_%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.jpg (500x281, 23K)

>Swedish & English
same grammar

>French, Italian, Spanish
same grammar

>Bosnian

that's 3 languages OP

>Bosnian

Attached: croyper.png (1790x873, 590K)

Lukaku speaks:
dutch
french
portuguese
spanish
english
swahili

Why the fuck did Lukaku learn Portuguese!?

youtube.com/watch?v=dq16wWgcSt8

I speak one language and I would crush him in any sort of trivia that doesn't evolve urban warfare

Probably Frankie Lampard. Who is the stupidest athlete?

>he can only speak indo-european languages

Lmao @ brainletst

Attached: 1551114328976.png (877x561, 592K)

Thats nothing heh

I can be silent in over 500 languages :p

if you grow up in a multilingual country it's not an achievement

i'm a fucking american - that is, born and entitled to speak one language and force everyone else to get on my page

i still learned spanish, though, mostly for fun. it took me two years to be fully fluent. but from there, i learned portuguese, italian, and french in that order

if i were european, i'd claim to speak five languages, and perhaps make up an additional one - catalan! occitan! but i'm an american, so i tell the truth and say i speak two

>uses his psychic powers to turn you into an unstoppable winning machine

Attached: Mike-Brearley.jpg (627x430, 60K)

>Bosnian is a language of its own.
>Bosnian
It's just generic pan-Yugoslavian (Serbo-Croatian) except you say INSHALLAH at the end of every sentence. Also if that list said either Serbian or Croatian instead of Bosnian, that could have baited another Balkan shit-slinging contest.
I swear to fucking God every tiny Yugo village pretends to have its own language and ethnicity.
>some cunt could just speak 1 language
>and be like "yes MEN am speach Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, Herzogovinian, Dalmatian, Monteniggerish, Slovenian, Istrian, Nišsan, North Macedonian, Pan-Slavonian, Serbo-Kosovar, Yugo-Albanian, Traktoriadian and the singing language of the forgotten peoples of Novi Sad"

German humour

Do you speak French, Italian, and Swedish?

lebron james.

AYO HOL' UP

i can speak German, English and Italian. What would be a good forth language that is different from these three? I tried Japanese for a week but the grammar is just too weird.

I can speak
Dutch
English
Spanish
French
Arabic
Hebrew
And currently I am learning russian.

Klingon

Lampard

Suomi

shut the fuck up

I can speak sage and hide

French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese are basically the same language with similar grammar and words. It's the same as to say I speak Russian, Ukrainian and Belarusian doesn't count.

Scouse

No, I would give you a point if you compared only Spanish to Portuguese but French and Italian are significatly different from PT for example. They are similar languages but have significant differences

I met Zlatan at a dance club once

>fully fluent
kek sure, burgers have no idea what fully fluent means

>Bosnian

Attached: lal.jpg (650x433, 47K)

I know Italian and I had some basic conversations with spaniards and people from Portugal just fine.

LeBron, no contest.

Saying "hello, my name is ivan. Nice to meet you" is different from being able to understand a book without studying, for example.

Attached: text.jpg (831x296, 295K)

There's no point speaking anything but English and Mandarin tbqh

Alright so without reading the English and Italian ones I could get around 80% of the meaning in Spanish/French and about 50% in portuguese.
My point is that learning one of these while you already know another requires much (much!) less effort than learning an entirely unrelated language like Japanese or Russian for example. One could say: I know Italian, French, Spanih and Portuguese and it'd sound a lot less impressive than Korean, Arabic and Hindi or something.

>My point is that learning one of these while you already know another requires much (much!) less effort than learning an entirely unrelated language like Japanese or Russian for example.
That's true. I'm just saying that it isn't automatic like for example when you learn Portuguese you can already read 80% of spanish

Attached: lexical-distance.jpg (841x601, 71K)

just continuing: Also reading is much easier than understanding by ear. I can see many words in French that are similar but spoken fast I can't understand shit. In spanish I can understand a lot of stuff

maybe some tourist you ran into, sure

but in my specific case, please make an exit quickly. i'm that nigga who could give you an advanced lecture on mixed ergativity or branch reflexion .

meanwhile, i bet you speak english like a clown and think you speak it like a master. like everyone on Yea Forums.

>t. Ali Hamedazinovic

Well that's fair. I agree about the written/spoken part especially for French, I think my understanding of spoken french would be around 0, since their pronunciation is so different. What's the "srd" in your pic? Sardenian?

Literally who cares if you call it croatian, bosnian or serbian?
Everyone knows they're the same thing, shut the fuck up.

Can you read literature in all those languages? Have you tried?

>What's the "srd" in your pic? Sardinian?
I think so

Who shat in your pierogi, shameful faggot?

yes. i actually learned them, originally, to read the literature. that said, i've not bothered with much in italian - just calvino, a smattering of others, and gazzetta dello sport

it's you who started it, retard.

>Being able to do something that you can do naturally as a human is impressive

I'd say if you lived in a foreign country and couldn't learn the language you are retarded. Not that if you learn it you are smart.

Have you at least tried to learn one? If you haven't then you aren't qualified to judge if it's impressive or not.

Sim, eu falo uma pouca da Português.

Also Russian and learning Japanese at them moment.

*um pouco de Português
Nice if true. One can't help but wonder why the fuck you chose to learn Portuguese though.

Because Greatest ally. Also I spend a lot on time in the Algarve

>Doesn't realise he was just forced by us

Attached: 1546125789056.png (331x10000, 160K)

Ich kann ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen, aber ich finde es schwierig, neue Vokabeln zu lernen. Irgendwelche Tipps?

extensive reading

Attached: 8.jpg (638x479, 74K)

You get texts that you can understand ~90% of the words and read a lot of it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extensive_reading

Also, he coud have said Bosnian Serbian Croatian if you gonna fish for something with pic

Lampard's not that smart he's just posher than most footballers

>It was reported by Mensa in 2009 that Lampard showed an unusually high IQ score during neurological research carried out by the Chelsea doctor, Bryan English. English stated that "Frank Lampard scored one of the highest set of marks ever recorded by the company doing the tests".[228]

>Conversation about languages
>2 people pipe in
>Retard Pole gets triggered about nothing while making pic related face
>Other people are at fault
What type of mental retardation do you have, cunt?

Attached: 1532443115649.jpg (474x567, 37K)

>It's the same as to say I speak Russian, Ukrainian and Belarusian
No it's not you illiterate.

Don't forget East Slav (Russian, Ukranian, Belarusian) and Bulgarian, they are all pretty much mutually intelligible

Based and redpilled

>German humour
>dat :p smiley

>What type of mental retardation do you have
>Retard Pole

This is pretty much it

>french
lol no

Attached: 1528596532019.gif (257x212, 2.91M)

Yes it is.

o congo é junto a angola

you started by spouting shit literally no one cares about
fuck off
>>Bosnian is a language of its own.
literally who are you quoting??

>do not know about Carlos Kaiser
theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/apr/26/the-forgotten-story-of-carlos-kaiser-footballs-greatest-conman

Attached: carloskaiser.jpg (940x529, 149K)

His Swedish is on the level of a 5 year old

Oscar Gamble

Most Americans aren't even fully fluent in English, wind your neck in.

Well I can speak norf, midul, souf and some arabic

>tried to learn French
>become good enough that I can watch French movies without subtitles
>stop at Lille while in Europe
>everyone speak fast, uses local slang, and uses shortened informal phrases
>takes me 10 seconds to understand what someone is saying
RIP

Attached: 4B47E022-118F-4797-8C88-C48B5236B92F.jpg (670x670, 37K)

Dr. Julius

>t. hamza farooqi
wrong. i descend from people who came to this land of their own volition, speaking their native language, english. as for the global spread of english, obviously your failed empire kicked it off, but in the last century we were the ones who finished the job

Rakitic speaks many languages too

i'm far more fluent in english than you'll ever be, and make my living writing it. tell someone else to wind their neck in, you churl.

stupid cunt

Nice to meet you, stupid cunt.