ITT: Players who came out of nowhere...

ITT: Players who came out of nowhere, set the world on fire for a couple of years and then promptly disappeared off the face of the planet without a trace

Attached: 1280px-Diego_Milito_-_Inter_Mailand_(3).jpg (1280x1920, 444K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dHJW-fpbrh0
youtube.com/watch?v=pBhMVl_ogf0
youtube.com/watch?v=35saoIab_EA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: p12297.png (500x500, 387K)

He had 6 seasons with over 20 goals in Europe
Played for Zaragoza when they beat Real Madrid 6-1

youtube.com/watch?v=dHJW-fpbrh0

>flag

Since when are you allowed to speak about football outside the PL

>moving to another country is disappearing to brits

Attached: profile_mag-996x562.jpg (996x562, 74K)

guiza
arshavin
julio baptista

can probably make a whole thread of just turks

Attached: nihat_kahvecinin_heykeli_dikilmesi_lazim_1523531596_8777.jpg (620x360, 31K)

He bent Ajax over this season. Doesn’t disprove your point, but still

he didn't come out of nowhere
he was in the top scorer list in la liga with zaragoza and then in the top scorer list in la liga with genoa before he moved to inter

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (290x174, 6K)

I remember Guiza from euro 2008. He was great

t. bruno fornaroli

Attached: Michu.png (480x270, 209K)

balotelli

Luis Suarez

Attached: 220px-_001.jpg (220x279, 19K)

beat me to it
never seen such a one season wonder

joj

Attached: Leicester-City-Jamie-Vardy-597130.jpg (590x350, 27K)

me when I was 11-13, before the other lads hit puberty

most brazillians desu,

coutinho
pato
oscar
ronaldinho

based and 4starpilled

I remember it got to the point that United were supposed;y interested in signing him, but then Swansea tied him down with a contract...and then he did fucking nothing

1-2 more years and vardy will habe had a good 5 years. Mahrez might sink sooner at this rate, which was unthinkable at Leicester

Vardy is almost a national treasure at this point, I don't think fans will soon forget him.

Attached: 2s.jpg (258x380, 20K)

>dinho mixed with the other 3 failures

2/10 bait, made me reply

chat shit get banged

washed out at man u, was maybe the best player at 2010 world cup and then right back to obscurity. Apparently he was the only player who could bend the hated Jabulani to his will....

Attached: diegof.jpg (692x960, 96K)

>Forlan in this thread
had to be a clueless amerifat flag

youtube.com/watch?v=pBhMVl_ogf0

kek, Spain had the right idea with tiki-taka keeping that memeball on the ground with quick short passes

I'm sure the altitude didn't help either

what the fuck, forlan was already a legend at villareal and atletico

l never want to see an american flag post about football again

>Dinho
>Out of nowhere
lel

>tf

>2 time golden shoe in the era of Messi and Ronaldo

you have to be borderline retarded

Attached: Forlan.jpg (1009x871, 343K)

Forlan was only bad at Man U. He was great everywhere else

Am I the only one who never heard about him before WC 2018? Out of nowhere everyone started talking about him and was like '' who?'', same thing with that Harry Kane guy, where the hell did he came from, why were they pushing such a bad player?

Dumpstered bundesliga together with dzeko then fell off super hard

What said. First three are high tier players with a couple of very good seasons, Ronnie is a legend. His peak may not have lasted long, but at the time he was the best player in the world and nobody came even close. Salgado and Ramos must still have nightmares from what he did to them.

Attached: grafite.jpg (994x1390, 181K)

What? He's Racing club's president

yeah and they gonna win the super liga if they beat defensa in teh last match

desu the differences between that and disappearing off the face of the earth are negligible

Racing racing compadre la concha de tu madre

how am I wrong? he went from best player in the world at barca, to a flop at milan, to flamengo in a matter of years

You’re probably too young to have seen him play

This describes me too accurately.

Just stop posting to minimize your embarrassment.

>04/05
>Era of Messi and Ronaldo

>what is 08/09
fucking kiwis can't even read

That's one in the era of Messi and Ronaldo, then. And 2008/09 was Messi's breakout year

They beat Atlètico, Real and Barcelona all in nail-biting series only to lose the final.
Español was legit, tho.

Attached: 1549250765490.jpg (482x427, 36K)

I do get what you're trying to say, but he was world-class for a while even before he went to Barca(he was on that 2002 World Cup winning team as well). The Yuros are looking for a one-season wonder type

You know the Yurocuck "tf tp" types aren't here to have good faith discussions (as in, it often doesn't matter what you actually post when they're just going to screech "muh flag" about it) and are just looking to find something to try and shame us with, right?

Nasri

listen Twain, i don't have time for your shit
if you wanna be picky it's even worse, it was in the era of HENRY, TOTTI, MESSI, AND RONALDO, all absolute legends
he was up there
now fuck off you fucking retard

You would really put Henry and Totti at the same level as Messi and Ronaldo in 2008/09?

no, in 08/09 i'd put FORLAN one level above all

How many goals did he score in the CL?

>roy makaay
hahahaha holy fuck

your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

okay but how many goals did Forlan score in the 2008/09 champions league?

shut up I was living in Germany in 2002 and I still have his shirt, i got memed hard that year

Attached: rosina.jpg (184x257, 9K)

Did you see machlas on the list lol

Looked like hot shit for a season but then became regular shit

Attached: 1552637642210.jpg (600x413, 70K)

Only the lad who posted Michu gets the point of this thread and not even OP who opened it posted a good example.

Karaboga was considered world class like 4-5 seasons ago for Atletico and then everything just went to shit when he went to Barcelona.

Attached: 5bc869ee7152d80ad0c04dff.jpg (865x487, 53K)

What does your people's opinion about Makaay?
I think he was unironically one of the best strikers Bayern ever had, even though he looked like a mong.

You're wrong because he didn't just come out of nowhere. Dinho was one the most promising players coming out of brazil just shortly after they had produced players the caliber of R9, Rivaldo and Romario. Became world class in the early 00s at psg and won a world cup. Then he went on to have one of the most batshit insane peaks of all time at Barcelona, won every trophy there was to win under the sun and sailed off into the sunset on a yacht full of cocaine and hookers after he stoppped giving a shit. He was in a completely different league to any of the other memeplayers in this thread.

If we're talking about other sports than football, I'd say out of ski jumpers:

Wolfgang Loitzl
Rok Benkovic
Maciej Kot
Harri Olli
David Zauner
Jakub Janda

Attached: p97032.png (500x500, 431K)

Ivica Olic
Luis Garcia
Ludovic Guily
Maniche
Raul Meireless
Mendeita

Attached: img2757wesley_sneijder.jpg (800x600, 102K)

kek, fuck you, i liked roy in bayern

Attached: JM_Guti.jpg (245x460, 36K)

He won 2 (two) titles with R*cing

That's like winning 2 Bundesliga titles for Schalke 04

>Americans
How can I delete someone else's post

Attached: 1551979416190.gif (380x285, 1.97M)

I'm a boomer who was well aware of him at Chelsea. I remember saying to a friend after Chelsea spent many millions of pounds on Pedro, "Why did they sign Pedro for that much when they only just signed Salah?". Little did I know that within a matter of days Salah would be sent out on loan to Fiorentina.

Nobody cares you absolute brainlet

Winning a single Bundesliga title with >Schalke would make any player in the team a legend for the next 1000 years though

Attached: l1.jpg (300x300, 67K)

Attached: balotelli.jpg (450x300, 27K)

No

You now remember Carew.
youtube.com/watch?v=35saoIab_EA

wtf are you talking about, he was a beast at psg and barca for like 7 years

He's a commentator for Sportv nowadays

precisely what milito is

vaguely remember this lad

>guiza
>not taking raul in his final chance to win shit internationally for that shit that eventually went to play to fucking bolivia

Still elite though.
16 goals in 20 games in the argentine league. Single handedly trying to carry a bunch of chockers to the league title this season.

remember he was god tier in fifa 10

>in a matter of years