Eternal /trb/: Football Manager General

Ye olde: >Essentials:
sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2019/essentials

>FAQ, guides and extras
pastebin.com/qwvspy9X

>Macca's database:
pastebin.com/uj27eQhe ('15)
pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap ('16)

Attached: 1492316299469.jpg (708x550, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.sigames.com/topic/468485-crashes-in-1932-please-read-me/
guidetofm.com/players/attributes
twitter.com/lukebidder/status/1105932135523893248
twitter.com/milesSI/status/1105959196632272899
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Holy fuck yes, Model Citizen HOYD

Attached: 20190311091445_1.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

How do i call the ref a wanker? Cunt lost me my win streak because he kept play on like a minute after extra time ended, letting them tiebreak, despite no stoppage.

I even said that the standards of officiating were poor, passionately but nothing has happened. I want a touchline ban

>maybe I'll just squeeze in one game of FM before I go to work
>lose 1-0 on a 94th minute header from my former defender off a corner taken by antonio candreva

Attached: Dunne1.jpg (330x248, 25K)

tfw you heroically upset a top division team in the cup and your reward is a team you definitely can't beat

Attached: 20190311150900_1.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

Anyone had any success with underlap?

Not sure how or when to use it

Over/Underlap raises the mentality of the player who's supposed to over/underlap, and lowers the mentality of the player who's supposed to wait for it to happen. It's like exploiting a flank: doesn't mean the player on the ball will play towards the on-rushing player...

That's a first. What's the worst that could happen!

Please let that be the end of this dip.

Attached: fm5.png (1920x1080, 294K)

Literally Özil wages.

Attached: fm_2019-03-11_16-42-30.png (1920x1027, 411K)

Fellas?

Attached: Screenshot (1).png (1920x1080, 438K)

I'm bretty sure that doesn't work in 19.

Haven't played since FM2014.
Bought FM2018 just for shits and giggles and dropped it.
My hometown team is in the District leagues so not in FM2019.

Think I might play 2014 again

>Supporters Trust
>We 1,400 season ticket holders and a 5k ground
>About to be promoted to the Prem
they just want that fucking money

Attached: file.png (1100x140, 22K)

Rolled the good Brexit outcome bros

Attached: brexit.png (1289x241, 20K)

Anyone else love when a player comes to you crying over the new signing being his replacement, telling him "yeah man, that's exactly what's going on" and them backing off "whoa boss sorry I don't wanna leave"?

tfw rolled the good brexit on a save where I wanted to sell players to england

So is this solid tactics?

What age do staff stats stop improving at?

>age
It improves with coaching badges

Each year I'm selling 50 more season tickets than the previous year. GIve it five decades or so and I can finally fill my 5k seater.

I've started ballooning. It was going up about 20 a year and now it's going up 100 a year. Still only averaging 3k though.

>10 wins 8 draws 0 losses at winter break
>top of the league on gd alone
anyone ever choked without losing?

>be me
>load up new game
>sign loads of regens at the start
>some of them can't join yet
>get offer to have them as trial guys until they join perma
>do that
>they thrash the U18 leagues and Cups because they're god tier
>literally promote all of them next year as I'm in championship
>they've skyrocketed and some are insane now
>sign a new regen
>don't get to sign him on a trial until he joins
>sign some more
>can't do it again
Is this a Brexit change? My U18 team is shit now and I can never get any U18's to help them win. Sure I've got some insane youth players in my first team, most are wonderkid level, but I wanted to train some more.

it's happened before where a team has gone undefeated and also not won the league

How do you find the best goalkeepers? What % of your wage budget should your first team GK have?

What happens when my player instructions and team instructions are set as opposite?

>field an entire team of non-starters against Ajax
>18yo with like 5 stamina and 8 workrate who I can only bring on after 70 mins starts
>scores twice, including in extra time and we win

What the fuck.

Attached: fm7.png (1920x1080, 122K)

Fellas do you ever feel like you got promoted too early? Now I have a team nowhere near capable of competing and I can't even loan young Premier League wonderkids because of Premier League loan rules

According to my coaches, 4 star = Championship level, 3.5 star = League One level. I've ran out of money and still need a CB

Attached: file.png (1709x850, 337K)

that's usually the start of a great season. your rep will be so low that nobody will take you seriously and you'll be able to steal some good results.
a good centre back is probably the single most important thing, though, so I'd scour the market for someone available cheap/free/on loan

I've decided to get the lad I had on loan for the last two seasons. He loves me personally and his parent club are now in the league below me. I can't afford him outright, and they don't want to loan him again, so I'm getting him on a mandatory future fee of £15m.

>Buyern

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 226K)

You ever notice that when one of your star players get injured they always come back healthy a day after the big game, but never before?

Holy shit lads, £122 for Skriniar. I have 3 good cbs already if I do sell him and can easily get someone elite to replace him. He is my captiain though and I could get even more potentially?

>(I'm only 5th because I've been playing in stupid club world championships and italian cup and have 3 games in hand on everyone)

Attached: 74f7920c42e3f7227a2dbcd104efcc9e.png (1745x999, 193K)

Perhaps managing in a shithole wasn't the smartest idea.

Attached: fm_2019-03-12_02-08-16.png (1920x1027, 466K)

Attached: me_irl.png (92x38, 3K)

You ever notice that 99% of a time when a player gets an incredibly minor injury like a cold, it's timed just so that they miss a game?
*rummages in cupboard for tinfoil*

Surprisingly good save stories?
>Start a save as Fiorentina
>Do alright first season, but have major goal scoring droughts sneak into Europa league
>Chiesa, Milenkovic, Simeone and Benassi all want to leave for CL
>Tell them don't worry good goims we can make it this year but sell Simeone because of the truckload of money I was offered from Dortmund
>But Balo because lol FM fuck it he destroys the game
>We win Europa league
>Second in Serie A
Who else is having a save a lot better than expected?

If they offered that you can probably get another 20mil or so from them. I would sell him instantly for that price if your finances are right and you are getting 85% or above of your transfer rev

Literally every other game it happens. It isn't even tinfoil it's FM being FM

Name something better than getting high, listening to a podcast, and playing lads?

>Feels he deserves a new contract
>In an Amateur club
Ah, I love it. Probably the club with the trashiest Rep I've ever managed and it feels just like home.

Attached: fm_2019-03-12_06-02-31.png (1920x1027, 667K)

That's a brutal first half. What

Wonder how many there will be in the second half...

Attached: fm_2019-03-12_07-56-33.png (1920x1027, 775K)

Ooof.

Attached: fm_2019-03-12_08-04-21.png (1920x1027, 811K)

Are the lower leagues broken or something? I always have match deciding 90+ goals

I'd say that past a certain depth, FM's PA/CA system struggles to keep up. Fortunately Reputation helps sorting everything out...

After years of being blocked, I am back!

Hiya, lads.

Testing.

>1st with 9 games to go
>Squad isn't good enough, 11th highest wage budget in the league
>Have to play the top 6 in the last 9 games
>Expect nothing
>Beat Liverpool 3 - 0
>Draw Arsenal away
>Come back from 3 goals down to draw City away
>Beat Tottenham
>Beat United
>Suddenly the dream is alive
>Beat Brighton for a 3 point lead going into the final game
>Its happening
>Get destroyed by Chelsea
>2 shots on target
>City win the league on goal difference

Why torture me that way? I was perfectly happy to just lose to Liverpool and Arsenal and enjoy the end of an overachieving year. Instead, despair.

Attached: JUST.jpg (212x258, 8K)

Impossible...

Attached: We're all gonna make it.jpg (810x4757, 509K)

Attached: Tell me more.jpg (640x853, 104K)

Hey qt

Attached: 1538326562816.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

Attached: curious.jpg (800x575, 286K)

This guy was absolutely demolishing training, with like a 9+ rating for three months, all of his attributes shooting up. Playing like a beast, probably the best player on my team, but not everything is tanking. Is it from fixture congestion?

fuck

Attached: fm8.png (1920x1080, 348K)

20 is the new 40.

This.
>not just playing a team full of 17 year olds

gonna be a long season

Attached: file.png (249x527, 105K)

>Pogba and Martial still at united

How long did it take you to get to the prem? They always leave within the first 2 years in my saves

Attached: Burnt Out.jpg (1366x768, 321K)

is this sar

It's 2024 now. I think what everyone has been saying about reputation is true because I've walked every league that wasn't League Two. The Championship started tough and then we quietly went on a 14 game unbeaten run and then ended the season with 5 of 6 wins

>Draw Liverpool (currently 1st in PL) in CL
>Will have played them 5 times this season

Attached: CL.png (1514x317, 54K)

it's all quite weird

Attached: file.png (596x238, 35K)

TWO WORLDS COLLIDE

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.93M)

>Italians smirking as they tell their New European employees what to do all day.

Looks like Manchester to me, m8.

My GK is the kind of player who will get an England cap for looking good in a terrible team that gives up 20 shots on target a match. Pickford-at-Sunderland levels

Attached: file.png (695x126, 23K)

left: regen cheese
right: good old real boys

I know who I'm rooting for

>Leave APEA after two years, having taken them to the Cypriot Second Division and kept them there
>National License C
>Apply for clubs with a reputation of one and a half stars
>Denied EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME, often for a former footballer who has less badges but more "experience"
>Finally find a job at a near-bankrupt Azeri Second League Club
>Demand top half finish
>ALSO demand to play defensively, so no Tiki Taka
>Forced to park the fucking bus because no one outside of Italy can play as a fucking Libero
FUCK THIS GAME

We won 1-0 after the Eastern European got sent off. Real Lad Jack Walls with the assist despite being a National League level player, per coaches.

just play counter hoofball if you have to go defensively

What the fuck, I can't play the game because it keeps crashing

Attached: ghhh.png (407x250, 10K)

its your tactics

>right before we play besiktas in the cup
>best winger, AM and my most versatile midfielder get injured
hmm

Attached: 20190312151057_1.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

lmao now my dm is gone too

Attached: 20190312151213_1.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

community.sigames.com/topic/468485-crashes-in-1932-please-read-me/

thank you!

lmao the city of besiktas
shame it's a two legger

Attached: 20190312152632_1.jpg (1920x1080, 404K)

left back is a fucking disaster area

Attached: file.png (472x133, 27K)

Ratings that low, gotta be your tictacs

Just bad players. Declan John had a 6.8 when we were doing good and the right back had a 7+. Even my shit backup RB got a 7.2 in his first start once the starter got injured.

Yeah, post your tictacs, it means your left side is fucked somewhere

>two legger
Even better: with home bias on your side, you might actually pull an upset.

the tactic is symmetrical and the left hand side should be better than the right, the winger on support duty has no instruction to push forward or roam/have a free role and he's one of the best players on the team

Just post it you wuss

>this guy STILL hasn't posted his tactics

tfw playing a 56% condition player coming back from a broken leg that took him out 10 months that you're releasing at the end of the season anyway so your starters dont get tired for the EL match coming up

>tfw hot prospect with broken leg goes from red to orange injury
>tfw he gets called up to international duty immediately because his shithole country has nobody else even close to his ability in that position
>tfw out for another 6 months after inevitably breaking his leg again
This happened about 3 real life years ago and I'm still platinum mad about it, literally ruined his career.

it's not over if he's professional enough. I had a player recover from 2 broken legs in 3 years in an old FM, he lost almost all of his pace, but once he was starting games again his mental attributes exploded and he turned into a really good player for a deeper role

He was a wingback who had no pace after more than a year on the sidelines.
Plus after that length of time out I had found another prospect for his position. He might have been saveable if I had given him really regular games on his return but I tried him out a few times and he was just shit compared to the younger, fitter replacement and the veteran that otherwise occupied his position.
Can't even remember if I managed to sell him, might have just let his contract expire.

Got a meeting on Thursday that basically decides if I get to stay at uni as have been neglecting studies due to intense battle for championship play off spots. 4 games to go 3 points behind 5th and 6th place but mogging on goal difference. If I make it I think I'll wear my exeter city shirt to the meeting.

How's fm interfering with your life atm lads?

been playing 17 for the past couple years now is it worth getting the newest one

No wait, because its buggy as hell. Look further up this thread for an example.

Not interfering but i spend all my free time playing a Malta save. Trying to get them to win European Trophy.

Holy shit, that second goal gives us the tiebreaker over Valencia on away goals (lost 4-2 away). If we can beat Graz who have currently 0 points, we're through

Attached: 20190312123252_1.jpg (1920x1080, 333K)

Also let's check in on Mr. Too Big For The Club

Attached: 20190312123930_1.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

>Expecting loyalty
>Ndukwu

>start a new game because my current one keeps crashing even after doing everything they suggest on the website

Attached: 1534092431627.jpg (1045x1309, 183K)

guys pep's playing 4 fullbacks tonight

>if I had given him really regular games on his return but
yeah. understandable, but not playing afterward is what really kills their career

>test out new tactic in a friendly
>game ends 5-4 with all goals being either penalties, free kicks or lucky 25-yarders
>absolutely no idea how to feel

>tighten up!
>immediately concede

why do i even bother with this game

>schalke

Todesco was smiling when it was over lol
Unironically think he started every player he wants to drop but lacks the authority to do so hoping they'd get smashed

Tighten up can be counter-productive because it changes player mentality to be more defensive and invites pressure. It's most useful when the ai has gone to all out attack. If you're defending a lead against a more normal tactic, try telling the players to concentrate so long as their body language is generally good. Otherwise, it's usually better to patch up their motivation problems.

does anyone actually use a playmaking number 10?

It's been so long since I last did it that I'm not even sure what formations it works in

I use an Advanced Playmaker (Attack) from MC in a 4-1-2-3 wide, but that might not be "number 10" enough.

We're in the quarterfinals

Monaco's players were all disinterested from the kickoff. That'll teach them to disrespect us.

Attached: 20190312162148_1.jpg (1920x1080, 437K)

I had closed FM and had to go to work at 5. Here's the tactic. If the right back was doing shite I'd understand but its just the left backs

Attached: file.png (791x956, 213K)

I have a hunch that LB is getting exposed because your DLP drifts to the right (you could monitor this in the playback, but if your main options there are right-footed it's likely).

It also looks pretty horrible with all that vertical duplication. WB & W, and to a lesser extent DLP & AP, means getting players to take similar responsibilities.

its worked so far so I don't question it. The middle guy used to be a BWM but I don't have a good enough one

Do elections for club president ever fucking do anything? Never had a new club president say "i'm gonna upgrade the academy" or "i'm gonna sack you" or "i'm gonna make you buy someone."

I had one jack up the transfer budgets before

problem is, from what I can tell is that the club needs money for all of the president campaign promises and most clubs with elections are too poor to have money to spend

If my turkish side doesn't get a takeover we should have some money and elections in a season or two so I'll see what happens

In FM18 and earlier, if i leave a players "Position/Role" training on default and only set an additional focus he will only train that one attribute, right?

Wrong

Slow WB make great DM, you fucked up. Even the good crossing can be useful.

Let's say i have an aging CM who has his physicals dropping am i just going to use the position/role focus with the highest amount of physical training? Something like roaming playmaker or box-to-box? Does that even make sense then because it will train a shit ton of other, often useless attributes as well.

No, use the individual skill focus for Stamina or Quickness (depending on where his skills are), typically at Light because older players recover slower and get injured more easily.

(or just sell them)

I need this guy to fucking improve his finishing, even with 10 he scores a lot so imagine if he had at least 13 or so

Attached: PaceBaby.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

>tactics are working but are super fucking boring to watch
>can't do much else with squad or change them too much because of promotion race
unironically can't wait to play defensive football if I get promoted

I have to play home games at Nottingham this year. Boston to Nottingham. "Home" games.

Putting the ball in the net is a combination of Finishing, Composure, and Technique. Even though Tim's Finishing stat isn't very good, his excellent Composure and solid Technique are getting him goals. (This is similar to the way that his Acceleration makes up for his Anticipation and his overall mobility is compensating for a modest Off The Ball skill.)

First time playing guys, how difficult is it to play this? How and why does this take so much of peoples time or is it just a Yea Forumseme?

>how difficult is it to play this?
Easier than Dwarf Fortress. Some people genuinely find FM intuitive, but most find at least one area where the commands don't really do what one would reasonably expect. In addition, the algorithm used by AI staff to assess players is very crude and can result in poor advice from even the best staff. (Let's be clear: POOR. Not awful. The staff will never tell you to do things that are outright crazy, but after a while you'll learn to make better decisions than them.)

>How and why does this take so much of peoples time?
The >game gives an array of incremental rewards for intensive micromanagement. Most weeks in-game include new challenges (a match, squad or player morale issues), new opportunities (usually around recruitment), and progress reports (club finances, player and staff development, board and fan confidence, etc).

>some pointers
If you're coming to /trb/ to get advice with a save, bring screenshots or you will get sarcastic replies and very little help.
Man management is mainly about fairness and consistency. If you're upset about a result, take a moment to calm down and look at the statistics rather than going for an Aggressive talk. Similarly, if you're happy to have won 3-0, take a moment to consider whether the whole team really did well or whether they just got carried by someone turning out a blinder.
Tactics are mainly about simplicity and balance. Someone has to hold position in the midfield. Someone needs to be making a late run into the box. Don't throw loads of touchline instructions into your tactics at the first attempt - they're more for fine-tuning than establishing the general tactic.

Good luck. You still have time to escape.

Get out while you can

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-002350.jpg (1080x2280, 351K)

Subbed off my starting striker at 70 minutes because I needed a goal and he was playing shit, first game of the season.

He then bitched at me for subbing him off and I couldn't talk him down. Wtf do I even do?

Post your manager attributes

>not even a full year of playing FM
Casuals

Get used to it.

>Dinamo set this guy for release
lmfao he is just a few decent matches in European competition from reselling for millions

Attached: 20190312223744_1.jpg (1360x768, 188K)

This has to be the ugliest motherfucker I've ever signed

Attached: 20190312225441_1.jpg (1360x768, 192K)

Nobody will ever buy his shirt.

What's a comfy save to do in Italy, France, or Spain? Top flight teams only.

Villareal. Maybe LOSC.

FC Lorient

Attached: Logo_FC_Lorient_Bretagne-Sud.svg.png (717x1023, 116K)

So once you've taken a team from the 4th division to the top flight championship, what's there left to do?

>what's there left to do?

Attached: 1492634333425.png (1360x659, 874K)

Win the World Cup with Afghanistan.

Villareal are a little too good, Lille might be cool though. Was thinking Strasbourg or Udinese maybe.
looking for 1st division teams this time, sorry m8.

How do you even make national teams better? Seems like you just have to hope that eventually better players are born

Actually jk I might give Villareal a try.

>How do you even make national teams better?
Tactics and man management.

How do I create new tactics? I've been using a 5-2-3 for so fucking long now. It's always worked but I feel like I should adapt

Good luck, friend.

use a lower league team, they're the best

Being a tactical genius

I never played FM before.
What team should I take first?

Playing at the lower levels lets you build up the club as you like it, but for the first save it's probably best to take a mid-table EPL team. They've got enough money for you to play the transfer market, shouldn't saddle you with excessive expectations, and the players at that level don't do stupid things very often.

If you simply hate England, go for team in La Liga, Serie A, or the Bundesliga that's a Europa League contender for the same kind of position.

I want a team from England, Portugal or Italy.
Need to be in a city with more than one club and not be a big club

Probably West Ham, depending on what you consider a "big club".

At least Tottenham tier

Do you mean that you want someone smaller than Spurs? West Ham are definitely that.

Just pick a big club like Barcelona or Real Madrid. That way you'll have access to a lot of resources and you can make fuck ups in the transfer market and not have it ruin your season. Having smart players will also allow you to fully understand how your tactics work. If you a team full of dumb players then they won't properly execute your tactics and it will be hard to tell whether it's the tactics fault or the players fault when you lose

Yeah pretty like that

When I play FIFA I always start with a club like Tondela or Sheff Wednesday and it's cool to winning things with those clubs and getting hired by bigger clubs, don't know If FM works that way.

It does. FM will let you work your way up from obscure clubs in Indonesia if you have the patience.

It is, but it's also much more complicated. I don't know how much success you'll have if you jump into a team like that without any prior experience

>refball in the cup semifinal
>it's actually in my favour

I can't believe it.

Attached: fm9.png (1920x1080, 2.92M)

Future goat?

Attached: goat.png (1898x1058, 2.91M)

>that skin

Attached: 1510245480475.jpg (526x423, 20K)

>at Chelsea
>future GOAT
Pick one.

Impressive. 101 people watched us for free™.

Attached: fm_2019-03-13_11-56-54.png (1920x1027, 483K)

>G*rman
>Chelski
>That skin
You're the avatar of the guy who picked up FM for the first time in his life thanks to SI signing a deal with /bundes/.

It's interesting considering the club was valued at 2.5K€.

Attached: fm_2019-03-13_12-02-55.png (1920x1027, 504K)

Fish teams are always better.

sorry if I bugged you there mate, I shall never post in your elitist general ever again

to think there was a time when I actually enjoyed the tribble and its people...

Attached: 1547144846312.jpg (360x360, 113K)

you now remember bastia

You're welcome.

Attached: 1404151335837.png (900x600, 59K)

>Release on a free

Attached: fm_2019-03-13_12-32-29.png (1920x1027, 489K)

lol my striker who has been shit all season dominated besiktas because they actually attacked against us

he has 3 goals in 16 league games and 5 goals in 6 cup games

Attached: 20190313114501_1.jpg (1920x1080, 377K)

lol fuck off

Attached: 20190313115302_1.jpg (1920x1080, 249K)

Its your'e tacticz.

Last FM I play is FM17.

What does people think about 19? An improvement compared to 17?

Maybe the first significant improvement since FM12 or FM15.

in terms of features maybe but 17's performance boost was immense

i didnt even notice a difference

>An improvement compared to 17?
A rather significant change, at the very least. For the most noticeable changes: tactics creator changed and both scouting and training are worse.

>cancel all my packages after one month
>not authorized scouting anyone who costs money
>scouting budget still 100k in the red
lol

I know this feel. I use a 433 diamond narrow all the time.

What the fuck?

Attached: Screenshot (3).png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

post formation

It is on his screenshot......
I think he is cheating.

>one winger can only play wide cm
>another can only play wide am
is this even a distinction irl?

Overall and Outfield, other than one has Goalkeeping, is there really a difference?

Consider that what FM calls a 4-2-3-1 and what a 4-2-3-1 is IRL aren't the same, and you have your answer. Supposedly it's the difference between a 90's winger who runs and crosses, and a modern LCIM who runs, crosses and shoots but never defends.

Attached: 1504733292289.png (879x669, 372K)

>wants to move to a bigger club
>happy I'm not letting his teammate move to a bigger club

Attached: 20190313094901_1.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

Attached: 1442017853197.jpg (500x620, 37K)

>fans are more happy that I sold some backup for 1k than with all my signings
lol

lmao I play my backup fullbacks for one game and they both get 6.0 ratings as we fail to beat 9 men

Attached: 20190313163244_1.jpg (1920x1080, 445K)

The lad I bought this year has 7 finishing but scored 20+ at the Championship level, is a better than 1-in-2 man for his country and has scored 3 goals in 6 games at Premier League level

>Get hammered in the cup
>kind of happy because it means the first tier won't be too easy

How do you cheat on FM?

By paying to get the software that allow you to cheat.

there's a million ways, but using the real time editor to turn your players into gods is the one most likely to lead to a 10-0 win

The stats are identical to how I win 10-0 when using my CL winning squad in Andorra.

I appreciate how the Twatter feed is much more enthusiastic about my tictacs than I am.

To be fair, I don't know if it's the eye gouging football or just the crap tictacs.

Attached: fm_2019-03-13_18-16-42.png (1920x1050, 559K)

Ok so just using the editor...thank you guys.

fuckin god, so many fucking stats. Do ALL these actually matter?

Season 2022/2023

Attached: 50.png (401x481, 197K)

assuming you mean the attributes - yes, somewhere, but some are much more significant than others
guidetofm.com/players/attributes
don't try to learn it all right away, just fake it and guess.
you can ask your staff to highlight important attributes for a certain position - this function is incredibly flawed and can't be relied on long-term, but when you're starting out it'll give a rough idea what you should be looking for

i really want to do a dumb tactic so I can see

"don't like our (assymetric) 31231 tactics"

>That quality namefix
For a 1st KO round, it's actually nothing out of the ordinary.

Technically it's already a dumb tactic that's hard to reproduce both IRL and within FM, especially with trash players near the CA/PA absolute minimum. I'm not too surprised that it's shit.

>AMC on a long dry spell
>opponent smashes a clearance off the back of my unsuspecting AMC and into the net
>AMC gains his confidence back

Attached: D9783A7D-7DA3-4D0E-AF62-279CEF56D00E.png (750x1334, 718K)

I hate myself

Attached: 2D2AFD3D-2495-456D-BD02-B26CABA32C1D.png (750x1334, 665K)

>No 2014
This triggers the African.

Right at the top Mr Magoo

I refuse.

>Suduva
>Sparta Prague
>APOEL
>Levski Sofia
finally a goddamn good CL quals draw for once.

it was like pulling teeth but we're in the CL groups for the first time ever

Attached: 20190313130350_1.jpg (1920x1080, 404K)

tried to make this for laffs and it isn't possible because fm counts wbs as part of the backline until you play more than 1 dm upon which they get counted as midielders

:(

Would you still use him?

Attached: file.png (1920x1001, 423K)

He still can move even though his Dribbling is shit. He's strong to compensate, still jumps well and developed his Vision. There'd be a way to repurpose him in another role than Poacher.

>5 seasons in
>great first halves of the seasons, terrible second halves

This is the best we've done so far. Had two promotions despite getting close to 0 points in the last 20 games every fucking season, but this season I think we might do it. Don't fuck it this time Norf FC

Attached: norffc.jpg (518x549, 56K)

>but this season I think we might do it

Attached: 1476994022372.png (496x560, 565K)

Aight, now that's the worst league I've ever participated in with the worst players I've ever used. Chilean D5 FFS. I don't even know where I'm going to find players to put on the team, there's no scouting whatsoever.

Attached: fm_2019-03-13_21-11-49.png (1920x1050, 659K)

Wait for first few games, look for best performing players, buy them or use the "find similar players" options. It's what I do when I play in literally who leagues

Attached: 1550427227879.jpg (800x492, 85K)

I don't think it's gonna work out user: the transfer window ends before the season starts.

Oh, there's the trash of the universe at my club.

Attached: fm_2019-03-13_21-24-37.png (1920x1050, 559K)

>Team so shit they all have five stars
>Team so shit they literally can walk into the squad at age 15
For the record, the club upon starting a save has a starting rep of around 250 or thereabouts. I had to create a stadium because they didn't have one.

Attached: fm_2019-03-13_21-25-21.png (1920x1050, 604K)

He's totally legit though.

Attached: fm_2019-03-13_21-27-02.png (1920x1050, 630K)

christ, was your youth academy just punching him in the face every day?

>Casual Arsène Wenger
Wenger out.

Attached: fm_2019-03-13_21-28-17.png (1920x1050, 635K)

You've seen nothing, but because I care about your hopes and dreams I won't show you how truly horrifying some players I have are.

>Man Shitty U23s play Aguero, Walker and Otamendi against my League 2 Salford City
>they go 3 goals ahead in the first 30 minutes
>we get a player sent off
>we score 3 goals as I'm watching the Liverslip game and had already resigned to getting trashed
>We win on penalties even though my best penalty taker has a rating of 11

Absolute scenes lads

Attached: large.jpg (500x500, 84K)

>van dijk totally at fault for the own goal
>scores so the press will still hype him up
meh

Mezit?

>Disappearing centre-back

Attached: Ozil.jpg (1024x576, 74K)

Who here 100% press attendance

>Not leaving it to the AssMan

Attached: 1535432148228.gif (186x186, 2.99M)

Where can I find the full list? There aren't 20 players from the Argentine division in any lists.

Attached: fm10.png (1920x1080, 1.11M)

yeah this new layout is cancer. hit f7 and look for the "argentine premier division" assignment, it should say 20 and give you a link to them

Anyone actually use a modern style back 4 where one fb stays back whilst the other is basically a wingback

Teams do it irl with them swapping each attack but I don't think that's possible in fm

Dominguez is single handedly carrying me in my Fiorentina save. Top 2 last season and won the Europa league

>Not taking your job seriously

Attached: 1470619704402.jpg (382x346, 26K)

>tfw Journalists are awestruck by you

Attached: 8972-61716-1874.jpg (1317x1536, 190K)

>what FM calls a 4-2-3-1 and what a 4-2-3-1 is IRL aren't the same
I see you say things like this a lot, Frenchanon, what's the deal? Is it to do with the "this is your defensive formation!" problem, an unfixable flaw in the ME, or just >mike

Someday soon

Attached: Van-Gogh.-Portrait-of-Joseph-Roulin-334x395.jpg (334x395, 59K)

tfw want to play 3atb even though it doesn't fit the players at all

A team in the Korean second tier just spent £5m on Carl Jenkinson

Attached: 20190314021020_1.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

wait south korean first tier actually

>Can't even use hairpacks anymore because muh 3d regens for no reason, after nobody asked for it
>Now every regen looks exactly the same

Can somebody just 'non-violently' remove Miles from the world?

Miles is a super-intelligent AI and we are living on borrowed time.

I just mastered my Jurgen Klopp Gegenpressing tactic, Yea Forums. Are you proud of me?

I feel something on the shame/pride axis towards you. Close enough?

>The "literally who?" who have become the backbone of Liverpool's fantastic attack are players that constantly became world class in fm2014 saves
Hmm...

What football manager should I buy? Last I played was 11 abd a bit of 12 and dunno what to choose didnt read first post lol

15 or 19. 15 has less new stuff but the regens are prettier.

cant i swap the regen face logo pack then with 15 onto the 19?

wtf wasnt speedy seasons a feature included back then? what the fuck lol

>Is it to do with the "this is your defensive formation!" problem
>mike
Yeah, that's a good summary.

I don't know, you tell me.

Attached: Decisions 20.png (583x534, 67K)

>regen face logo pack

Attached: 1492634334354.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

>already happy to be in the final
>don't expect anything
>play second string because I've already reached the board's target for the cup and I need only 1 point from the last league game to reach the league target as well
>score in first minute
>immediately switch to 5-5-0 formation, very defensive, always time wasting
>win on penalties

And I thought the best feel was beating Ajax in the cup with a C-team with average age of 20, with an 18-year old striker with 5 stamina and 6 workrate scoring twice, including in added time.

Attached: fm11.png (1920x1080, 92K)

>playing against Allardeus
>clear favourites
>one of his men gets red carded in the 4th minute
>grind out a 2-1 thanks to good set piece routines

Gigantic Sam is the fucking GOAT, not least because he can get his players to actually defend.

...Willem II actually needs penalties to win against Feyenoord?

>Have only played 4-1-4-1 DM this season
>Fans praise 3-4-3 Diamond
SI quality™.

Obviously Öziled that one yet again.

Attached: fm_2019-03-14_15-26-16.png (1920x1050, 552K)

Is that really low Chilean division included in the base FM19 or is it custom?

It's custom, default goes down to D2 IIRC. And then I customized the custom to have 2 more teams per league.

Promotion was a mistake

Attached: file.png (111x333, 9K)

>Real San Sebastian in 20th
>sign my target man for 22m
>play him on the right wing
The AI is special

Probably play him as an AP(S) as well instead of a WTM or RAM.

rate my personalities

Attached: 20190314160213_1.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

too many leaders

What league you get promoted to?

Premier League

I want to say it was just a bad start but the Prem doesn't really have anything easy

Attached: file.png (357x360, 40K)

>play as my usual team
>sign some regens at start
>they all turn into wonderkids after season and a half
>still concede goals regularly despite never losing league games
Fuck this. Give me a new division to play. Last meme one I did was Gibraltar.

the first prem year with a weak team is one of the only genuinely hard leagues in fm

unfortunately once you stabilise the money turns it into one of the easiest leagues

Feeling that, until now its been a weird unstoppable rise to the top where my one tactic fucks over everyone. Now I've had to actually make a defensive tactic and the only thing that has done is turn 4-0 losses to 2-0 losses

>striker finally scores a 1v1 25 games into the season
>we're already 2-0 up with 85 minutes played

woo random 21 day break in fucking march because there's only 8 games left in the season

Attached: 20190314165012_1.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

When will FM include penaltys like this?
twitter.com/lukebidder/status/1105932135523893248

China

twitter.com/milesSI/status/1105959196632272899

What level? I was thinking of Hong Kong but China will do.

When they introduce back pass indirect freekicks. So, never.

AFAIK China only has two tiers that are in the game, at least there are in 18, you could probably find a custom DB that goes farther in

Taiwan has University leagues in Timo's pack

He looks a lot like Werner, who absolutely dominates in every save I've done because he's so fast.

Problem is that the ME doesn't really allow you to soak up pressure because the defensive side of FM in terms of movement is rather poor. Actually, almost everything that touches on overall team movement is near non-existent. I usually just wipe out instructions from my tactics and if the roles and duties are sound, I let my players figure it out.

I'm gonna save that answer for later. It might be useful.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-14 Miles Jacobson on Twitter(1).png (640x694, 85K)

is 3atb more or less defensive than 4atb

C'mon Wayne, you do know that it's completely dependant of your tactical setup.

Attached: 262318d1343409064-louis-van-gaal-ajax-91-97-tactic-help-needed-3-3-1-3.jpg (271x400, 23K)

3AB with a DM seems to be ok but you have to fast CBs.

Anyway to change the settings on how many foreigners are allowed in the league?

sevilla score and slavia fans immediatelty pelt them with trash lol

yes

Not without tinkering with the pre-game Editor, so not without starting a new save. And not without /trb/'s seal of disapproval of course.

there is nothing wrong with utilizing the pregame editor to set things up how you want it

I don't know how the fuck we made it through

I feel like we got asskicked into the second round

Attached: 20190314165652_1.jpg (1920x1080, 334K)

Oh, finally putting your trip on.

Well guilty as charged, I removed England from the EU because of my illogical dislike of the PL.

I haven't really needed it, but I felt that post could use it.

Home bias for Dortmund, that's how.

>illogical
sorry but I don't agree with this part of your post

classic reputationball
nice work though

>leaving England in the world

Okay lads. I took charge of a Chinese First Dvision club. I just guessed. I have no idea the rules or not. Apparently I cannot sign non-Chinese GK's. I looked through my squad and I have an INSANE Striker. From The Gambia. Literally fucking insane. I also have a Brazilian DC. Now I'm trying to find a muscle king to bully the smol Chinese lads but nobody wants to sign. I have a budget of about £1m I think. GK is my weakest spot and then prob rest of defence bar the DC.

When do regens appeared? When I played FM19 on the day it dropped I signed loads of amazing regen lads who were future superstars and they became GOAT in a single season in my U18 (literally so good we won everything in it) and I promoted them all. I didn't lose a single league game in my first season either (amazing striker I got on a free scored 40 odd) and I'm in the Champ in that game with another wonderkid coming in (also a regen). However I quit because prior to Brexit I was able to sign U18's and have them join me on a trial until they reached the age to join. They don't do it now. I dunno how to fix.

Attached: 20190314211735_1.jpg (888x607, 183K)

I would remove certain countries, but the Editor just keeps screaming with errors... on features that were made by SI but don't really work.

He's coming home. There were rumours before he signed for Real the first time of a consortium wanting to buy the club and put him in charge. Of course, it never happened and you know the rest.

Signed some players for the Chinese team. Rate my first guy.

Attached: vane.jpg (1920x1138, 318K)

I had a lot of midweek games early this season so I got out of the habit of holidaying the gap whenever there was 3+ days between games and man has it added several hours to the season length

I holiday one week in the summer and that's it. Any more and I feel like I should be fired for flagrant abuse of time off.

holidaying for 3/7 days simulated how much time managers are off playing golf

since in game that's about 4 space bar presses I have to tab back for

There's nothing to do in the lower leagues, and considering what scouting became I just holiday between matches. The only annoyance are those clubs that keep asking for trials for players valued at 250 eurodollars... and obviously those offers are accepted automatically even if you told your AssMan to reject every offer.

Nothing to do... except run training every day since you're the only competent coach, and going on holiday would fuck that up.

You underestimate how crap the players are. The 15 yo fresh out of the intake are better than the oldfags in the 1st team. I should have Genie Scouted that crap, doubt they're over 25CA/PA; most likely under 20 or something. Well not anymore since I released them, but yeah. It's horrible.

>3 out of 8 clubs in the Latvian top division are now professional
we makin progress boys

bretty good. would like him more if he wasn't so one-footed, but should still score loads in china

tfw second and third place aren't choking enough for me to be confirmed as promoted early and get my next season budget to use

>play 4231
>hit midseason slump no wins in 6
>switch to 424
>problem solved and win the next 8 matches

Yea Forums's gonna be down all of tomorrow because that nz shooter was a shitposter

see you guys saturday

thought his posts were on 8ch and not here

just couldn't handle messi doing well

they'll scour pol as well, like 95% chance he's posted there before

What is your most used formation?

442 narrow diamond and 4231 narrow

541 diamond, i.e. the narrow 442 one with one more cb instead of a striker and wingbacks

packing the midfield is too good to live without

------X
------X
---X-X-X
-X--------X
---X-X-X
------X
doesn't really work 2bh but I can run it as a deep counterattacking thing or as a possession-based controlled attacking tactic with the wingbacks pushed up more

Almost resigned........almost.......

Attached: ss+(2019-03-14+at+09.20.13).jpg (694x441, 52K)

>85
I fear I would've broken something

>my board, if I lost that game

Attached: Dod99bXVsAA0NcG.jpg (1080x925, 74K)

He posted video to Facebook so they're probably not going to be shutting down every site the guy used.

still playing 2013

is there any reason to buy one of the newer fms?

no

No. If you're pirating, pick 15 or 19. Maybe 17.

It's tragic, and good luck to whoever has to report on this. It's already awful that you're dealing with such a historic scenario there, then there's the religious aspect, the guns things, the technology/streaming side, the obvious the literal shitpost that is his manifesto.......and the dude is still at large

Attached: 1435823289260.png (328x373, 122K)

>panic deadline buy CB scores in his debut vs Liverpool in our first ever CL knockouts
this kid gonna be good

what are his stats?

>captain is demanding a 400% payraise if i renew his contract
>club is in dire straits

I can't afford his demands but I cant sell him as he's the most influential player. I can't afford to lose him either because the rest of my DM's are drooling idiots. Is there a way to call him a faggot so he'll drop his ridiculous demand?

No because the AI knows you're not in a situation to negotiate.

Attached: Mino Raiola.webm (480x360, 1.63M)

I’d consider looking for another club to manage, your captain is going to turn the whole team against you.
It’s a no win situation.

Will i get a massive morale spiral if i just release him after his contract ends? Its looking like time to cut and run anyway, my team havent pulled their inconsistent form for a couple of months now

>can only have three foreigners in Chinese teams
>go to buy some guys from Hong Kong as it's not considered foreign
>Transfer window where I make the offer says it will
What the fuck? He's got the nationality of Hong Kong; why isn't he allowed?

Oh wait. He was born in Barcelona but he's declared for Hong Kong. Guess that's why. Fuck sake.

Alright lads, I'm going to say it....

Wingers are actually GOAT. 4 seasons of trying inside forwards, wide playmakers, inverted wingers, wide treqs, I finally figured out that if you put a Ws in the AML and AMR spots, they just tear the shit out of everybody. You lied to me, guys. Why would you lie to me?

I've used Wingers since FM15. They destroy everything. In my game prior to this Chinese one, I signed a wonderkid guy, stuck him in U18 for a season and a bit and he's a pace babby. He's nearly broken the Championship assist record and it is nearing January.

I see you didn't use a wide targetman :)

I actually did. Stuck Chris Wood out there for about 10 games, it was a disaster. He got 2 goals out of the ol' far post crosses but broke down almost every other attack we made.

The simplicity of them is beautiful. Pace, flair and adequate crossing is all you need. Then you can focus on luxury roles in the middle. It all clicks together so smoothly now.

squeaky bum time (or I can just draw a single game and be promoted on goal difference)

Attached: 20190315134559_1.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

Ah fucked up my Chinese game. Signed people and realised I had too many foreigners and didn't want to cancel the loan. Have to restart.

Gonna just resign that nice striker and then fill the rest with chinks.

>transfer budget goes from 80k to £3.32m
>wage budget goes from 20kpw to 25kpw
lol

Attached: 20190315141939_1.jpg (1920x1080, 154K)

I'll be able to work with it fine but it's gonna be pretty fucking funny being in the top tier and still barely having more than a third tier budget

The current lowest top tier wage budget is 90kpw

Calum Wilson just scored two goals while we were down to 10 men to put us through to the CL semi final with the assist for the winner coming from a long ball (from Tom Davies being played at RWB because injuries) after missing a penalty earlier in the game which would have been the equalizer.

There is no way I'm this good. Redpill me on the scripting feature added specifically into the CL.

Attached: TSUUUUU.jpg (1274x958, 235K)

Spurs and Liverpool are tied on points and are playing each other on the final day of the season!

Attached: 20190315145853_1.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

It slipped

Attached: 20190315152031_1.jpg (1920x1080, 296K)

HOLY FUCK
We just knocked out Liverpool in the CL eighth final
WIth a stoppage time goal
Coming on a Karius-tier braindead move where their keeper took a free kick and basically passed it to my striker who volleyed it into the net from the center circle
I'm at a loss for words.

Attached: 20190315093821_1.jpg (1920x1080, 303K)

>can't find any GK's who are significantly better than what I have that are also available
>can't find any DC who are either
Fuck you China for your gay restrictions. My three foreigners are x2 ST's (one loan) and a DC. Granted my two strikers should blitz this division but this is FM so probably not. I need to find some more players but the limited range is awful.

Just fucking sell him then.

>Why would you lie to me?
I surely didn't. I'm honest about my bias against AML/R and my preference for WM.

A bunch of angry little shits

Attached: ss+(2019-03-15+at+10.13.58).jpg (694x435, 64K)

Ah, I see, this is one of those saves where I take so fucking long to finally get to the CL that the squad is better than I thought and reputationball can really fuck the big clubs in the ass

Attached: 20190315102140_1.jpg (1920x1080, 435K)

wingers are shit
this applies to the entire aml/r position, not just the winger role

damnit I wanted an easy final appearance

Attached: 20190315102445_1.jpg (1920x1080, 96K)

FUCK OFF UEFALONA, VAR CANT SAVE YOU

Attached: 20190315103705_1.jpg (1920x1080, 403K)

HE SMASHED IT AGAINST THE CROSSBAR
AND THEN WE SCORED ON THE FINAL PLAY

Attached: 20190315103724_1.jpg (1920x1080, 379K)

'twas fun

Attached: 20190315105127_1.jpg (1920x1080, 98K)

tfw got no idea how weak my squad actually is because moraleball and reputationball have carried us all save

>previous League 2 goals in a season record is 51, set in the 60s
>my player gets 51

This cunt is training with the kids next season

Attached: fish-and-rice-cake.jpg (380x210, 21K)

worth buying 19 or wait on 20?

t. 4500 hours in 15

stick with 15

nah just playing 15 makes me puke nowadays, i need something fresh, but ill wait on 20 if 19 aint good

Time for irresponsible spending

Attached: 20190315112314_1.jpg (1920x1080, 134K)

>friendlies have all been dogshit
This season will be my first time I'll be fired for poor performances I bet. Instead of fired for demanding the board LET ME UPGRADE FACILITIES. They need to fix that. They need to let me ask for a certain level to be built because doing +1 level every 2-3 years is annoying.

You could always try the demo to see if you like it.

>have 400 million in the bank
>still need to wait 10 years to get my facilities to top level
What is this supposed to add lol

Exactly. Let me go 'Make World Class Levels'.

>really good at developing and selling midfielders
>kinda want to play a formation that only uses 2 of them

what other positions are easy to buy and sell for?

every team I manage turns into a centre back factory. if you have one or two really strong players there and a well-settled defense, it's not hard to rotate a kid at a time in there.
the ai also seems to badly undervalue them when they're 16-17 so you can usually get them really cheaply

That's probably the next logical step since I want to try 3bs in 19 (last time I did it we could still play 3 and a sweeper :( )

Don't think I can do this Chinese league. Hate the restrictions.

>going for an undefeated season
>press conference
>"with the match being a dead rubber will you be making changes"

wish the press acknowledged no losses as an achievement

It's fucking hell isn't it

I didn't mind it but I was coming from playing a japanese only team in singapore

WHY WAS THIS RECOMMENDED. I KEEP IT UNDER 4 FOREIGN ONLY TO BE TOLD YOU CAN ONLY REGISTER 3 AND THEN ONLY PLAY 2 A GAME.

and while I could cancel the loan of the striker, he's great and he scored on his debut.

>I usually just wipe out instructions from my tactics and if the roles and duties are sound, I let my players figure it out.
Get off this forum and back to managing Napoli you hack

Attached: file.png (768x432, 462K)

I don't see why I would.

Attached: Carlo Ancelotti's perfect 10 tactics.png (1920x1080, 273K)

lol great fucking future proofing by the board building a 10k seater in a city of nearly a million people

No way at all we outgrow this by the time it's fucking built

Attached: 20190315194813_1.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

I guess I'm not retaining my champions league this year

Attached: AS Monaco v Lusitans_ Pitch Full.png (1920x1002, 1.51M)

Okay. Quit China. Can't into it. Name me another league without retarded restrictions. I don't mind some but fuck me.

>Expecting the board to make a smart decision in FM
>Expecting Amedsportif to not be fucked over by HIS EXCELLENCE THE SULTAN ERDOGAN in real life
Either or, really. Although I'd be funny if by winning the Champions League Kurdistan just started existing in the game DB.

>front 4 all on attack
D E L E T

Attached: 1527449458754.jpg (400x323, 25K)

You forgot to mention that there are three(!) playmakers.

was pissed when we got to the cup quarters and didn't get banned like in irl

Tweet Miles and tell him to add it for "realism" and "the Kurdish people's sakes", he'll do it.

>RPM in a 4-2-3-1

Attached: 1539948893696.jpg (680x644, 50K)

And that's how you spot someone who didn't play FM15.

>take sampdoria from relegation in december to 1 point within a europa league place
>press still talking shit calling me mediocre and my job is only stable

>big wage budget and bigger transfer budget to convert to wages
>can't sign anyone good because the max wage I can offer is so low
ffs

Reputation Manager™.

trying to play without going all out youth for once but the only fucking players I can sign are prospects lol

just gonna have to play them and get thrashed until they develop

>Playing with full width
>wingers hugging the line
>IWBs getting CCCs at least 5 times per game
>Miss every single time
>Still happy

Attached: 2_JS164417231-1.jpg (615x409, 29K)

I got it working but only with cwbacks and ifs really want to do the proper version as soon as I can pick and choose players

Another issue I have with this game. Let me ask for higher wage limit. Especially if I've done well to manage it. So many issues with this game that in real life could be sorted.

>Hey our youth/training facilities suck, can we improve them?
>Sure
>Okay great, so I wan...
>No, we're going to level them up from Basic to Adequate
>What, why? We have £50m in the bank I've won by getting us to the PL in 5 seasons. Just build good fucking ones, we're stable
>Isildur_No.gif

This is why Total Club Manager (later FIFA Manager) was so much better. If you were rich you could just build a bigger stadium or better training facilities. Hell, even LMA Manager had this ability iirc. Also Total Club Manager gave you a personal life, you could get married, have kids, kids could become footballers and you could have them in your teams. You could invest your manager wage and if you got rich enough buy the fucking club out right (and then donate to the club so you can buy fuck loads of shit) and finally you could be a fucking Player Manager. Let me be a Player Manager in FM, please.

Should I not be able to select the Head of Youth Development for this role?

Attached: 20190315215929_1.jpg (1145x137, 27K)

hehe

Attached: 20190315220043_1.jpg (1920x1080, 174K)

>6.90 rating
>8 goals
>team of the year ahead of another striker with 15 goals
lol that champs bias

Attached: 20190315220809_1.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

What's the assist records?

my guy who got in has 2 the 15 goal guy has 3, he also has more PoM

That's top wew. Where did your goals come from?

in all comps I ended with 7 midfielders on 4 plus goals so it was just super balanced. Also my old striker got 5 in 5 before the board sold him

most of the season I was play a 4411 which mainly seems to generate winger goals then for the homestretch I went to 541 diamond and had the cms scoring blooters

Holland or Belgium

Attached: noracism.png (671x213, 27K)

Belgium is really fun until you're good enough to walk the leagues with their cutoff strutcture

I usually only do bigger leagues, but I want to do a Holland save one day. My only concern is that eventually, I'll be able to smash the Big 3, and there aren't any money teams to compete with there that usually makes it interesting

this shit has so much legacy code buried beneath tons of patches that I bet it'd take a full release cycle just to find the stuff that lets you upgrade the facilities

15th place and the second CL spot that comes with it is very much within reach for next season. We're currently 16th for next season; another decent CL run and the other clubs will start getting some uefabucks.

Attached: 20190315163202_1.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

>Holland
Really dislike this. Netherlands. I was tempted but it'd have to be lower than the Ere. I once played a Norwegian game in an earlier version because there was a 20 pace 20 acc striker in the team. Suffice to say I twatted everybody. Lelgium is also an idea. Might look around the meme leagues. Likes of Northern Ireland and Wales are depressing due to how long it takes to be able to compete in the European competitions.

Scotland and Turkey are fun (at least scotland is if you don't get the worst brexit) but the big clubs aren't that hard to pass, at least they let you start really far down the pyramid.

I've tried spain third division games but between the players all having similar names and the b-teams i never get into it

What is the worst Brexit? I've only played one save in UK, I've not been playing that much. Also why the fuck (and nobody has answered this for me) was I able to sign regens on a free contract AND have them sign on a trial until their join date (and thus go into my U18's) but can't do that any more? Turkey is an idea though.

I\m pretty sure Belgium has a homegrown bug that makes it almost impossible to play Belgian players in the domestic league because the game doesn't recognize them as homegrown, though.

iirc there's one where you can only sign non-british players if you pay them a wage >£8000

Then that's the one I got. LMAO. Fuck. Not that it mattered, I had so many wonderkids from regens I signed Day 1 that I was never gonna have a problem for the next 10-15 seasons. Meaning by then, 8k would be nothing.

Okay lads, since I'm quitting this save. This is one of the regens I signed Day 1 on my game. This quality no longer appears when I start the game. I signed a DR, DL, AML and MC as well. All near wonderkids and rapidly progressed. Nothing like it exists now.

Attached: matt birch.jpg (1920x1138, 411K)

The one where it continues the work permit system really sucks. I think the best one is where there are no more limits, but I've only ever seen a continuation of the work permits or a 17 foreign player limit.

What a wild game

Attached: atlelticcccco.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

>finally being able to really build your team in the second season

Attached: 1392565952773.jpg (1023x811, 102K)

this is the best feel. Especially if you have a lot of deadwood on expiring deals

I always hate it when a quarter of the first team squad is loanees, especially if there's a playing fee.

think I just got a potential GOAT gk

Attached: 20190315192432_1.jpg (1360x768, 189K)

fm19 is on sale, I have FM18 already but for 30$ Im sort of tempted to pull the trigger just for the upgrades in tactics. Does it offer better flexibility and customization or is it a meme like I imagine it is?

Attached: mauryzizek.jpg (500x315, 177K)

FM19 is for sale on 100% off m8

well I have a pos mac soo is the upgraded tactics good at all or should I just keep dicking around with the 4 saves Ill never finish because it takes a month to play through a season?

yes

>playing doesn't think moving to X would be a good career move
What's the limitation that is blocking this? League Reputation?

probably, yeah

>187cm
Bit of a manlet for a GK. Arguing with officials is going to suck because if he gets sent off or carded. Other than that, he's pretty good. I signed Ionuț Rus for my first game. He develops well too, not a regen though.

God damn. How do I find somebody who will join? What do I look for? Or is it just pure fucking luck. I hate either finally getting a transfer offer done or finding a free guy and offering and they go 'no lol'.

stop using genie scout lol

I don't. But I might because this is depressing.

>find guy
>send scout
>no lol
>find free guy
>offer
>no lol

where are you managing?

Malaysia. Not the top division.

I should qualify I find people but not people better. The league is just too low rep to get anybody much better than what I have.

oh shit. no idea about asia, don't think I can help you, sorry

Darn. I'll just use a scout engine or something and just keep trying until something hits.

Does Dembele poat here?

Hi Ousmane!

almost got reputationballed

Attached: 20190315221255_1.jpg (1360x768, 237K)

Is there a way to hire a hitman to off another manager? Fucking Al-Ittihad has already bid on half my team.

>start a new save in fm19
>picked a sky bet league two team
>did a bunch of firendlies
>can't start the league matches because i have no homegrown player trained in club for 3 years
>no one on my senior, u23 and u19 squad fits that

how should i go around this? did i do something wrong when selecting the club?

hi, HC!

Does the PL 2 player domestic loans limit include Scottish clubs?

1) Holiday through it but you'll eventually get sacked;
2) Resign and either:
2.1) Start a new save;
2.2) Holiday for a few years.

>15m clause for clubs in CL
hmm

Attached: dagraca.png (1920x1080, 471K)

>61K per week
At your own risks.

Why do you autists just dont play hattrick.org?

Shit, I didn't notice that. I mean, I can surely afford him but he's gonna earn a fuckton compared to the peanuts the rest of the team would earn.

Hard pass

Looks too shallow, we like how deep FM can go. I wish it could go even deeper

I think FM is lacking a lot inf the stadium/facilities management. I don't want a stadium building simulator, especially since it's not really the manager's thing to be involved in this.

And more player/manager interaction. Not just talking when they're unhappy

>CL quarter final against Bayern
>my gk starts as Nervous and eventually fucks something up
Nice

Not more, but better. SI keeps adding information and stats you can't actually have a meaningful effect on. You have the Dynamics module, but communicating with your players is the same as before. You have the Medical Centre, but you deal with the issues the same way you used to: rest, rotate and ease players into training when they're back from injury. They partnered up with STATS, but it took until FM2019 to have a meaningful rework of the Tactics Creator, and I'll spare you the details that still trigger Tungsten, Art or I.

It's a bunch of meaningless information because SI hasn't developed next to it meaningful gameplay interactions that would value those additions. You can play FM without ever checking the Medical Centre, Dynamics or your Data Analyst's reports and never face any issue from ignoring those modules.

Its actually working fine for me. The wingers are tearing everyone up and the wingbacks in the channels create openings for everybody else even if they do constantly fuck up their own chances.

The only problem I'm having is with the striker and enganche combo. I can't find a way to get it working. CFa has been the most successful for goals per game, but the enganche seems to play like shit regardless of whats happening around him.

Play an AP(A) instead, or a AM(A) if you don't need the playmaker's bias. EGs are supposed to be a reflection of Riquelme... but they're not. Riquelme may have been slow, but he wasn't a shit dribbler and knew how to use his body and technique to keep the ball until he had a passing outlet. EGs in FM are just as static as a goal post if not more.

I kinda wanna play super defensive but don't know if the turkish top tier is actually strong enough to justify it

Wingers or Inside forwards for a possession based system?

>hardest game of the season on opening day
yay

depends on what your backline is doing

Attached: 20190316142209_1.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

Pressing high line but with a deep static cdm, attacking pact WBs.
I was thinking IFs with overlapping WBs but I always hear that wingers are broken in FM.

Depends of the rest of the tictacs.

If your Rep is lower, there's little benefit since the opposition will play more adventurous against you, giving you the opportunity to hit them back. It's rather hard to soak up pressure in FM. Keep your current tactics but be slightly more conservative, observe what happens and tweak from there.

Not really wingers as long as they are engaged in a defensive stance. I use it and it works pretty well.

CWBs are broken in FM. As in, your wing backs (if they're good) will likely be responsible for around 80% of your assists.

>23 year old Equatorial Guinean CB
>pretty pacey
>got injured during a derby match and I lost because the sub is ass
>he came back and I'm back to winning form
What do I do to find good defenders? Maybe I'm not using scouts properly.

What's the lowest non-zero transfer fee you've paid?

Mine was $475 for a Jamaican goalkeeper

800 for a Chinese LB

I once paid £5 for a 36 year old keeper.

Well fellas my 256 game domestic winning streak is over.

Attached: Sant Julia v Lusitans_ Overview Overview.png (1920x1002, 940K)

At least youre on undefeated. Good stuff

almost exactly the same except he was trinidadian

Indeed. I am in financial trouble though. I can't pay the bills if I don't succeed in Europe.

>Poop Guardiolel

That league sounds like such a fucking meme, do Andorra teams even have their own stadiums?

We do, but most of them are pitches with bleachers and a capacity in the hundreds.

How the fuck do you generate any revenue then?

Champions League, loaning my youth, player sales on a conveyor belt

It's like that in every shit country though: your stadium doesn't generate revenues, nor does your sponsorship or TV rights. There's also that nifty thing where within FM, wages values and transfer values are indicated within the db. The long story short being that if you recruit a young player and raise him, he won't be as expensive as a similar player in a big league. Everything is rather affordable as a result of those values. But yeah: loan for shekels like Juventus or Monaco, CL money, selling players.

Sounds like hell, and I though I was hot shit for taking a VNL team to the PL and winning so hard I have half a billion dollars for transfer

developing a team long-term in a shitty league (granted, I've never been in one as bad as andorra) isn't necessarily difficult, it's just long and gruelling, and you have to watch a lot of decent prospects get sold for 1/20th their real value
you learn which countries' youth players are willing to join you pretty quick, and then just poach all the good ones with the money from dabbing on your poorly-manged domestic opponents and getting into europe every year

i would argue that its pretty difficult because england always has more money

you could set england to have 0 reputation and have all of their teams bomb out of the champions league qualifying stages, and they still have more money because their tv deal is bigger than the most you can ever get

Yeah I know that, but the lowest rep I have went with is China/really fucking deep in the EFP, like sub county league status with stadiums with 120 or so seating if that at all

Yes and no, everything is cheaper as well. The toughest thing is Reputation. That's what actually drives players to come to your club/league/country. You actually end up with a shit load of cash in the bank that you cannot use once you've bought everything else aside from players (staff in general, facilities, etc.), since you can't actually either attract the players with the CA you'd need to progress, or you'd have to grossly overpay them. Keeping youngsters is tough but rather cheap in terms of finances... compared to what you'd have to pay for an equivalent player from a big league.

(Me)
That said, when you do win the CL for the first time, you do get a ridiculous rep increase. After that the game is easy mode, and depending on how merciless (and lucky) you are, you can start winning multiple CLs in a row. The journey is more important than the destination, that's for sure.

Anyone ever play with the World League XL DB? is it a meme?

>press conf ahead of EL knockout match
>decide to do it to motivate my players
>question about fourth stringer I sold
>question about player saying we need more X training
>question about what some rando latvian manager said about me
>end of conference
>zero talk about the match

Signed an exiting young brazilian who would be an immediate starter for us since last June, knowing he'd be able to join until January when he turned 18. Only to see the national U20 team run him into the ground with 9 matches in 3 weeks. He's at 66% condition now

Attached: 20190316131835_1.jpg (1360x768, 172K)

It's a highly realistic game after all.

Of course it is.

Time to send him on holiday for 2 weeks before
>jaded and in need of a rest

Well I threw that away fast

Attached: R. Madrid v Lusitans_ Pitch Full.png (1920x1002, 2.31M)

oops

Attached: R. Madrid v Lusitans_ Pitch Full-3.png (1920x1002, 1.48M)

How do I increase the intensity of squad training on fm19?

schedule more training sessions, I think. the default is usually 2/day, but you can schedule 3/day if you want

Is there a way to automate this? Or do I have to do it to each day individually?

probably. there's a bunch of training schedule options, you can even customize your own I think. I never do because I usually only want to rearrange 1-2 things per week compared to the default

Losing is only acceptable if it's Maureen's Manure m8.

What do you mean by "playmaker's bias"?

Also considering that in a Bielsa team, its usually the wide players and rarely the forward who try to break the offside trap, I wonder if a Treq and AMa combo might work. Its not quite "true" to Bielsa's style, it seems like it would be fine. Anyone tried it?

also
>lmao

Attached: Brendao Milano.jpg (1272x958, 152K)

For AMCs that I want to mainly dribble and shoot, should I use SS or AM(A)?

>What do you mean by "playmaker's bias"?
Some roles attract balls more than others. Playmakers will often be sought by their teammates more than other players. Just play both the same player as a AM(A) and then as a AP(A). It's not limited to playmakers, but the bias is very obvious. In the slider era, you could set up specifically who was to be considered as a playmaker, but that has disappeared.

AM, SS will be some Gerrard tard type

SS is more like Baggio in theory, or Griezmann. IIRC, Gerrard used to play deeper.

Ah, so its this box being ticked automatically. But its hidden now for no reason whatsoever. Great work, SI.

I use a DLP in the DM position, so I'm assuming if I used an AM, then the playmaker bias would be be toward the DM?

Attached: Fuck you Miles.jpg (201x68, 3K)

gerrard was basically a RPM with 8 decisions

They both have the "dribble more" and "shoot more" options available, don't they?
After individual instructions, I don't think there will be much difference except the AM will drop slightly deeper.

Nah, IIRC the AM(A) only has Get Further Forward. It's a very neutral role.

Kinda both actually, I've used that as a double pivot. If you have a decent DLP(D), sometimes it's not even necessary to tick "Play Out of Defence" since they'll target the DLP(D) a bit more often. DLP(D) often drop deeper when the keeper has the ball as well. IME, DLP(D) doesn't have as strong of a bias as AP(A), but my memory is a bit fuzzy. I thought that DLP(D), regardless of having playmaker in their name, don't really make play because they have very low Mentality. It's good to have as a holding midfielder in the CM strata because CM(D) closes down more by default. In the DM strata, you have other options.

any issues if you have two DLPs (D)? Kinda forced it into it at the moment with a 4231

I'd never do that because it lacks a bit of activity in the midfield as a result. If you want them to be rather static, I'd still prefer DLP(D) with CM(S), or CM(D) with DLP(S). Or plug the players in the DM strata and use any holding DM role with a VOL on either duty.

I'll move that shit out of the PasteBin because it should be in the OP. Fuck Butters' autism.

>sports are over
>cba to play fm now
I love my saturdays

New: