Why aren't there 7 foot tall quarterbacks in football?

You'd think that maybe a few of the 7 footers or even 6'8 guys would go into football and play quarterback. 6 feet is considered kinda short, but 6'5 is considered prototypical. Why not 7'2?

Attached: seether-4f2022ead24f5.jpg (1920x1080, 264K)

Theyd be too tall

Because players like boban marjimivoc have such shitty mobility they wouldnt last two downs.
Phillip rivers moves better then these seven footers and he doesn't even move he shifts
Snap like a tooth pic, LeBron could probably take some hits though

Broken legs

Imagine the field vision.

Theyd overthrow all their receivers tho

the taller a player gets, and the more he is expected to move, the more likely his body is to fail. in the NFL you need mobility, strength. when you get to 7 foot you start to get some serious body issues. My cousin was huge, like 6'9, but his body started to really fail him. he broke a leg and he took so long to heal because of his height, and even when it did heal, he was told he could never play basketball again. this was a kid being scouted by Michigan State and a few other colleges, but things happened. A tall QB couldn't weave in and out of the pocket and couldn't have a wide range of mobility.

Why? If they are capable of overthrowing, they are capable of underthrowing and of throwing it just right.

Plenty of basketball players are over 6'6 and they move quite a bit, and on a hard floor. More in one game than a quarterback might do in 4 or 5 games.

It was a joke you fucking autistic faggot

They aren't getting tackled, cockbreath.

about 30% of men over 7 foot tall are in the NBA

We're talking about mobility.

Yeah, but I wonder why a handful of them don't try quarterback in football. Or maybe they do and I haven't seen them.

Neither are modern day qbs

"Alexa, show me facts i just pulled out of my ass."

it's not sharp or sudden movement. you don't know how the human body works. if you twist something in a specific way it breaks, because of how bones are structured. basketball is not a contact sport like football, you don't have 200+ lb linebackers and you don't have grass. sure, wood is bad on feet, but they have special sneakers to prevent that. football players have cleats and play on turf/grass. your feet will get caught a lot more often in football, and if it does, you can bet a 7 foot player will go down like a sack of hammers. knees are knees, they're nearly all the same no matter the height, but the more weight on it will cause it to wear down a lot quicker. a in shape 7 foot NFL player will weigh a lot less than someone who is shorter

Imagine hitting the genetic lottery like that. Dam

I do know how the human body works. There is plenty of sudden, sharp movement in basketball and it's done on wood.

Lol

Because having to be tall to be a good QB is a meme started by an NFL owner who liked getting sexually dominated by tall men. If you can see downfield when you drop back you're tall enough. What height this is in reality is under debate but it's probably around 5'11" in the NFL.

good lord you are retarded
basketball still is not a contact sport.
a flat surface will prevent your feet from getting caught but certainly blow out knees, but LeBron James doesn't have linebackers coming at him. he doesn't have 11 other people entirely dedicated to stopping him.

oh hahahahahahahaha
good ONE MATE

I thought they changed the rules so that woudn't happen?

How many seven footers are good at shooting? Dirk maybe idk shit about basketball. You have to be freakishly accurate to play qb in the nfl and those gangly mfers seem to rely on height and staying within three feet of the rim

Pau Gasol
This is a good point. Many 7fters in the NBA can knockdown open jump shots but they can’t do it in a fast paced game with a hand in ther face. Their stepbacks and pull up jumpers aren’t quick enough to catch their defender off gaurd. Shooting in a game is much more to do with ability to get your feet under you to lift off.

From what I have seen of American football, the reaction time for a quarterback is very low to make a decision