Can you imagine following a sport where team that wins the league is simply the team with the most money?

can you imagine following a sport where team that wins the league is simply the team with the most money?

may as well just have some accountants check the books every year and declare a winner

yikes

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 12.32.46 AM.png (940x1498, 248K)

Leagues were better in the last decades

Liverpool are winning the EPL

based, in before 250 posts

Only communists complain about people getting and spending more money than them.

You have to go back to your faggot handegg salary cap/draft league.

>Applying economic principles to entertainment
complete autism

>That flag
>Opinon on soccer
Go back to nigger kneel Goblino

Dortmund is going to win it

EFL Championship League

Yeah after a while it's like, what's the point?

People meme about Ligue 1 being just "PSG WINS LOL" but in the past 10 years it's had 5 different clubs win it.

>the past 10 years
How about the past 5?

Seems like they started to walk the league around the same exact all the oil money came in

What a coincidence

>boohoo i hate parity in my sports
This is why you Eurocucks have a loser mentality. You don't value winning at all. It's an afterthought for the richest clubs. You had to build a separate championship to even try to approach anything comparable to a real title and even then it's so thick with corruption that it's questionable at best.

Dude you are an aussie. Stfu, the a league is even worse than the mls and also doesn't have regulation. Plus the socerroos never make it out of the group stage unlike us

more than Serie A

Nobody is going to mention that neither Barcelona nor Manchester City are the richest clubs in their league?

> what is net spend

arbitrary

>boohoo an opponent team is gathering more sponsors and buy better players than me, pls make us equal, muh parity
Literally a crybaby and sore loser attitude.
You guys makes entertainment, we do sports that's the difference

Idiot. People don't cry because other teams "deserve" more, it's just fucking boring
>entertainment doesn't matter
Tell that to the fans who buy tickets to pay salaries and the people who watch on TV which creates the network deals

>setup parity with draft system, salary cap
>patriotwinslol, warriorswinslol
Nice leagues you got there m8

Basketball is a different sport. There are only 5 players on the court; 1 player can make a much larger impact that 1 player in football.
>Patriots
They win 3 titles in 5 years and it's a dynasty. Juventus win 8 in a row and no one cares

Tickets sells because no matter how shit/good rich/poor is your team the locals always support them
Network deals are increasing because people keep watching and are even increasing despite having 1-2 teams league. Shows that nobody gives a fuck about parity in sports

You can't say that though, not for sure. While the network deals may be increasing, can you prove they wouldn't increase at a higher rate if there was more parity?

Other teams should just get better, that's what sports are for. Leicester made it, Monaco made it, other teams should get their players lazy asses off the nightclubs and play

>Leicester made it
Made what? They won a title, then they almost got relegated, now they're back where they should be: irrelevant. Same goes for Monaco; they're in a fucking relegation battle

It's not their fault that the second place are doing the things wrong, for instance look how colchested Borusia Shitmund is, look at Liverpool, another example is the Italian league where everyteam apart of Juventus is a corrut shithole.

>look at Liverpool
What about Liverpool? They have made great transfers; City spent more

>a children’s game being played on tv for dads to watch
>not entertainment

Maybe they shouldn't have gotten shit. That's still not a reason for faggots like you to cry and try to offer them your girlfriend

Football peaked in the late 90s / early 00s

It was the perfect moment when it had advanced immensely as a sport but the money didn't yet reach astronomical levels and there were no plastic oil clubs yet.

I pity the zoomers who never experienced the golden age.

>no stacked teams, no favourites, no rest of the world watching a farmers league.
Ligue 1 has been increasing their viewership worldwide just because P$G.
If you took barcelona/real players and dispatch it in other liga teams, nobody would give a fuck about it. Messi could eliminates every players and score each week with a 12th Las palmas team, nobody would care and expect a stacked team to recruit him

Stacked teams creates real star players who then creates network deals.

Instrad of asking me to prove parity is wrong, prove me that it's right

>man romantic about past
Truly astounding insight

What an absolute faggots

Instrad of asking me to prove the sky is green, prove me that it's blue

>prove to me it's right
Yanks need participation medals and will throw legitimate temper tantrums if you don't. Either that or they'll move on to another sport that does make everyone feel like a winner because they view their support as capital and are only going to spend it where they get the most return

not really that arsed about "parity" but non-clubs (read: city, psg) are objectively bad for the game

The NBA is so interesting because there are so many dynamics involved, you need to draft well, manage salary, have a good coach who implements a fitting system for the existing talent, player development, etc..

As a pistons fan it's amazing seeing Kennard (our first round pick from 2017) develop into one of the best shooters in the league. Every game he seems to be getting better and better. Hopefully he can keep improving and become a star in a year or two.

Its dreadful to imagine if we had soccer rules where as soon as he starts to show something special a big club like the Knicks or Lakers would just swoop in and buy him up.

How horrible it must be to be a fan of a team like Udinese or Ajax who constantly produce elite talent only to lose them to Oil Money FC or Plastico City. (although Ajax did just beat Real they are losing De Jong and De Ligt this summer)

lmao

Again, you're completely missing the point. No one cares about whether or not a loser's feeling is hurt; it's just more exciting to see new teams win

>being this dumb
You're the one arguing for deviation from the norm and active chsnge for the sake of parity. You need to make your case before anyone else.

>United domination
>Milan domination
>Bayern still dominating
>Lyon dominating

I mean it was kinda the same shit

Nah it's literally yanks who need to believe their team could win the championship JUST NEXT YEAR to stay interested. Looks like you've been taken in by their bullshit

How cucked can one nation be when you unironically defend buying champions hips

Please prove to me the sky is blue. Im dying to hear your case

Yeah sure it's all about a foreign culture and anyone who likes to see new winners is indoctrinated. I'm sure you hated it when Leicester won they league because they hadn't actually built a real team from years of investment and billions of dollars spent, and it must have delighted you when they fell back into irrelevancy

Salary caps are gay but a major reason for no parity in European domestic leagues is there aren't that many big cities (where the money is). So there's just an handful of top clubs from those big cities.

>MOM MAKE THAT PERSON GIVE ME A TOY ITS NOT FAAAAIIIIIIRRR
The American is a pathetic creature.

I don't have to. I'm not trying to prove shit.

I dont completely disagree with your points, but following that logic one should not have a favorite team and should always root for the outsider

>This straw man
Leicester winning the title was great to see because there's no participation medal parity. It would have been immeasurably less special if it was just their turn after years of FA assistance. Why do you hate Leicester so much? Why do you want to ruin their title win?

You're actually the one saying the sky is green tho since you want to change what is considered the norm in football from beginning

well yes Id say thats quite accurate

why in the world would I watch a literally rigged and corrupt league where the only teams that win anything are the ones rich enough to bribe FIFA to skirt fair play regulations (see PSG trying to use a Qatar airlines sponsorship to sign Allan LMFAO)

what a joke.

I'm talking about the neutrals.

>Leicester winning the title was great
Then you agree with me.

Except in this analogy the screaming kid is the rich soccer club owners not an American. The american kid works for it and gets it based on merit. So by your own logic and analogies british “sports culture” is just spoiled children throwing tamtrums

it isn't any of the other colours, so it has to be blue my man

Exactly

This.
Plus footballers are primadonnas, they wanna live in exclusive places, which are mostly Spain, Italy & France.
Exception is England, but the best players move there for money only & every single one of them would move to Paris, Milan, Madrid or Barcelona if they receive a better offer.
Soon we'll have european superleague with all the rich clubs competing with eachother, no relegation, so everything will come to its place in domestic leagues.

FFP was garbage protectionism designed to stop any new clubs from investing to challenge the established ones. It's literally the start of forced parity but only for the top 5 leagues.

Read the rest of the post. You're too distracted by yank cock.

No

I am saying its green. That was clear. Prove its not green

What you're saying doesn't make sense, because American leagues don't pick favorites.

Nobody has to do that. You need to make the case for parity

>gets btfo using his own logic
>no argument or rebuttal
Hilarious

So you cant prove its blue? Ill take that as an admission of loss

NFL parity is due to the owners wanting a more competitive league to keep people's interest.
>Well we were shit this year... but we got the top college prospect and more cap space to sign players whose salaries are up.

Strange little man.

Leicester worked very hard for years to scout, sign and develop promising young players like Kante and Mahrez. They win the league through merit.

What happens next, they get bought by Oil Money 1 and Oil Money 2. And Leicester are back to being a mid table team that will never see champions league football for a decade.

Ajax will suffer the same fate when De Ligt and De Jong are bought.

Many such cases. SAD!

Nah mate people pay big money and it attracts millions when there are proper all star teams like soccer has

You're going to have to be more specific. Did you go back and actually read the post about Leicester or are you awkwardly moving on to a new point because you're out of arguments?

I'm not going engage with mad ramblings of someone who can't think up his own analogies so tries to awkwardly reinterpret my own. The tantrums are the Americans in here demanding participation medals obviously. Make your own arguments.

I don't have to because I'm not trying to prove the sky is blue. You're trying to say parity is better but are refusing to make the case for it. It's up to you to do that. If you can't then there's no argument. I can't spend all day explaining the burden of proof to you

> It would have been immeasurably less special if it was just their turn after years of FA assistance.
This is wrong. The American leagues only give you the option to help yourself. You can receive the first pick in the draft, but they can't make you draft a good player

Maybe they shouldn't have stopped all that great scouting and developing players? It's a shame they got shit again but it's cucked to look for people to blame.

While true this isn’t a case against parity

Yeah because the NBA and NFL don't have stars, while Auckland FC does right? Fuck off cunt

I used your exact analogy to show you. If you cant even follow your own fractured line of logic then your head is too far up your ass to be reasoned with

already proved it, dumb mutt

>This is wrong
Reminder literally no one cares now that the eagles won the owl

It betrays the real issue underneath. Americans see themselves as consumers in sports and will take their business elsewhere if they aren't getting value for money (I.e. a belief their team is just one draft away from winning it all). Otherwise you'll move to another sport where your team is competing for the time being.

>I don't have to because I'm not trying to prove the sky is blue. You're trying to say parity is better but are refusing to make the case for it. It's up to you to do that. If you can't then there's no argument. I can't spend all day explaining the burden of proof to you
So you admit that you cannot prove the sky is blue and your making a subjective opinion call

What's your point? No one cares that Leicester won the league either. No one cares that Blackburn won it either

>I used your exact analogy
Yes, you took my analogy and tried to awkwardly make your argument fit it when it doesn't logically apply at all.

>I said so so its proven
Lol
All sports fans are consumers

It wasnt awkward at all
>child throws a tantrum to be able to buy what he wants
Now tell me honestly who does that sound more like. A spoiled rich billionaire buying wins? Or an american working hard every day to achieve his goals? Keep in mind this is the analogy you put forth

typical arrogant anglo that thinks he perfectly understands american culture.

>No one cares that Leicester won the league
Its going to be remembered as special for decades by fans and neutrals alike. No non-eagles fan is going to think in 2027 "wow, remember the 2017 eagles? Truly magical".

This is the sort of person you're standing with right now kiwi. Pick your allies wisely.

See
Shan't be repeatedly explaining this to you.

I have no "allies" you fucking moron. I can pick and choose whatever points I want and stand by them. I'm not going to completely change my view just because of some other retard making an idiot of himself

>he thinks hes not a consumer

>I said so so its proven
Prove me that I said so, dumb mutt

I beg you to explain it once

Who deserves a title more?

Man City who simply buy the best available player at position

Or Golden State who had amazing draft picks and developed their players well, and who brought in the perfect coach for their system.

Im pointing out your presenting an opinion as objective fact then that dude was like “you have to prove to me this opinion i have isnt a fact even tho i swear it is”. The entire argument itself is absurd which is why i started mocking it

Keep posting this is gold

>people you're defending admit to the thing im arguing they do
>hurr it doesn't matter
Its fine kiwi, its easy for the naive to be taken in by yank culture

>Soon we'll have european superleague with all the rich clubs competing with each other, no relegation, so everything will come to its place in domestic leagues.
That's just the owners of top clubs seeing the NFLs profitability and wanting to rake in the shekels in a similar fashion.
Although it would leave the domestic leagues in a more old-fashioned state similar to pre-premiership EFL so maybe everyone wins.

>its easy for the naive to be taken in by yank culture
Why do you keep saying this shit like it means something? I can pick and choose anything aspect of any sport from any country I like and support or oppose it. You seemed obsessed with this shit. Is your step dad a yank or something?

Everyone would win. The big clubs can go do their yank league for people who take pride in being a consumer and you can all fuck off and ruin football in your containment league

>Who deserves a title more?
City, becuse GSW doesn't even play in premier league, dumb mutt

Wait donyou honestly not think youre a consumer? Why do you think those billionaires buy those trams? For the love of the game?

Calm down kiwi

Just the jews pushing harder than ever for a super league. The more these teams dominate the more likely it is to happen.

Depending on how local authorities franchise public transport trams could be a lucrative investment. I don't see the relevance however.

>implying the parity fags aren't the jews wanting football to become the NFL

And I am pointing out that this is Yea Forums(nel) and whatever you were trying, failed
You can take my post as a proof

You are also a consumer. I know youve said a lot of dumb shit but even you cant be so dumb to think that soccer is some altruistic endeavor sponsored by billionaires who just love athletic competition for athletic competitions sake

Youre right about that. I definitely take your post as proof

There's more to football than being a city fan or a Chelsea fan

Ya. Money. Thats why the league exists

Again, the PL is not the entirety of football. I get why you're struggling though.

>>implying the parity fags aren't the jews wanting football to become the NFL
Not really. The English game had plenty of parity before TV money flooded in. Now it is that very lack of parity which allows a small group of influential owners to make a lot of money.

Wait. Lol. Fucking stop. You seriously think this isnt about money? You seriously think professional sports isnt about money?AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

You're clearly having a conversation with yourelf so have fun

nice post dude you just keep destoying that brit

hilarious watching him seethe

THIS FAGGOT REALLY THINKS PROFFESIONAL SPORTS ISNT ABOUT MONEY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Say it again! I loved that part where you called others consumers and how the sport you watch is above all that financial shit

Lol

Lol

City will drop points to United. Liverpool don't have anymore tough games

No no. The best was how billionaires buying the best teams are truly hard working individuals and the spoiled crybabys are americans for using hard work and talent to achieve a goal

>United
Lol

Friendly reminder: Professional sports is NOT about money. The billionaires are your friends. Thank them for donating their hard earned money so that us proletariats can enjoy pure athletic competition as god intended
Unrelated- does anyone know where i can get a fly emirates jersey in XXXL?

Tougher than any team City plays

I think ill donate a few rupees to them for their sacrifice ;)

Nobody makes you watch faggot

I dont watch. I just turn my tv on so that the tv ratings count gets highers. Any way i can help ;)

They made it out of group at 2006

>Lestah
They did work hard, not taking that from them but you missed the part where a Thai billionaire purchased the club, allowing them to spend more on scouting, infrastructure and players.

2014-2015 royals will be remembered as one of the most Cinderella stories in MLB.

2016 Cubs will be remembered breaking a curse not comparable to any European club passing the curse on to the team they beat in the world series.

2005 white Sox.
2004 red Sox.

You've got stories in NFL too. The 2008 Superbowl. The giants will be remembered in a same vein like leicester.

These things will be remembered by everybody that are fans of the sport.

I love how Spain is a broke shithole but their government subsidizes their retarded soccer team to keep their club competitive

Imagine being so poor and paying what taxes you can just to ensure a millionaire fag from another country wears your countries jersey LOL

Attached: 1536846874804.jpg (1848x3000, 475K)

>Boohoo I won't support my club if we don't win
Cringy faggot

>american thread
cringe