Why does this flyover state have a sports team in every league?

Why does this flyover state have a sports team in every league?

Attached: 4544639B-F012-4E0C-8771-928E38146597.jpg (538x640, 25K)

to upset jew yorkers like you

What state is it?

Phoenix is a major city.

It's a retirement state. They have the cash to spend.

I’m from texus

Arizona is beautiful as fuck. I'm living in Houston now, but I loved Phoenix. Wouldn't mind moving back someday, but wouldn't ever buy real estate their since it will someday be uninhabitable.

My condolences

I'm so sorry.

Because rich people live there and can afford to buy such things.

It’s definitely a drive through state and not a flyover. You shouldn’t stop for anything but gas though

Cool.

Macedonia

Phoenix isn't a small market, brainlet. And Arizona is a nice low-key state, the fuck is your problem?

LAfag here. I wanted to like this state but there's literally nothing here I can't find in LA or Vegas besides some comfy resorts and golf courses. The Grand Canyon is also OK for a day trip

Also the drive from LA to Phoenix is horrid. Nothing but desert and Arizona Highway Patrol speed traps between Palm Springs and Phoenix desu

They have a team in all 4 big american sports leagues. Houston does not.

Attached: 58277623-D69C-4845-AB0F-3128362788A2.jpg (502x502, 43K)

How many of them have won a championship?

Good. Hope Harvey was a wonderful experience :^)

Even worse

imagine feeling cucked by arizona
yikes

Attached: 1455585684531.jpg (492x478, 82K)

>One title between all 4 of them

Sad

>hockey in the desert

Fuck Houston.

Hey there Autistros Train OP, how does it feel to NEVER get a hockey team in your lifetime? Get fucked nigger.

Yep. Arizona is kino. Plan on moving there when life permits.

That's a good question. Now that I think about it, the only time Arizona crosses my mind is when sports are involved. The actual sports teams are more notable than the state itself. What's in Arizona? Fuck if I know. Apparently they've got money. New Mexico is down there as well but what have they got? Nothing. Could you tell the difference between New Mexico and Arizona? I couldn't. It's like a void between Texas and California. I'm going to have to investigate this.

Phoenix has 4 million people you stupid fuck

This, they're not even the smallest city with all four. Denver and Minneapolis/St. Paul are barely around 2/3rds the size and no one complains.

You must be upset that the warriors lost to the lowly ass suns

>Mad that you don't have an NHL team
Aren't you a southerner? Why do you care?

Isnt pheonix a top 8 or so city? Population wise?

5th

one is full of beans and injuns. the other is full of beans, injuns, and old jews

They're ranked 11 overall by metro, 5th by actual "city" population,

Bigger than Philadelphia

Only NYC, LA, Chicago and Houston are bigger.

The city itself is also massive in terms of size. It’s fucking great.

Arizona is to the western states what Florida is to the east. A retirement home where snowbirds go when they lose their cold tolerance.
The difference is people in Miami at least care about the Dolphins and Heat and Tampa at least pretends to care about the Buccs and the Bolts, the only sports team that Pheonix gives half a shit about is the D-Backs and that's only because they've won a title.

Based

>Bigger than Philadelphia
only when counting actual population of the city, metro area (the measurement of people living in AND around the city) Pheonix isn't even in the top 10.

You must be from Philadelphia.

Your cheesesteaks suck and it’s spelled. P h o e n i x

dumb nigger I'm from commiefornia
you're basically saying phoenix is bigger than san francisco because your city consolidated all the outlying towns for taxation purposes instead of doing what every other city does and allowing them to stay independent so they don't have to deal with governing a massive area.
There's more people in the bay area than your entire state.

Dallasfag here. Fuck this state.

You can’t spell The rest of your shitty opinion sucks just like California burritos. We make a better California burrito than you do

Well thats a faggy way to judge. Wouldn't that make LA first by a mile Anaheim long beach oxnard malibu irvine riverside san bernadino... i mean its basically all Los Angeles from san diego to santa barbara

I always wonder what these places do to the buttholes of people like you that makes it them so irritated.

Well considering the only reason Phoenix is on the top of the list at all is because they consolidated the outlying towns into the city so they could bring in bigger tax numbers, I'd say that's a better metric.
If you look at most cities in the US a lot of the population lives in satellite cities or suburbs, and counting city population dismisses them while metro population counts them.

not an opinion dumb flyover
enjoy being irrelevant for the rest of your life until you leave your desert shithole

it is the only way to actually count, because most regions don't have a single city comprising their massive footprints, desu to count the other way is pants on head retarded. Atlanta's the 38th largest city, 9th largest metro. Conversely Jacksonville Florida is the 12th largest city, 38th largest metro. Counting just the city and not the surrounding towns is arbitrary and basically a way for people from shitholes to feel better about how "big" they are, ignoring the fact that the second you step outside their city limits there's nothing but cow pastures/swamp/desert/wastelands

Attached: LosAngelesCAMap.gif (575x425, 64K)

Actually we only care about the Suns, Cards, and sometimes the D-Backs. Yotes are trash and the D-Backs pissed people off by threatening to move (so did the Suns but they’ve been here for so long)

The ironic part about this is all four of those teams are still threatening to move except the d-backs.

i was sorely disappointed after scrolling down to reveal the bottom half of the image as well

The cards aren’t threatening to move and the dbacks would move cities within Maricopa county.

Ouch

Good luck never buying a house unless you move to imperial county

Metro is the superior metric. I'm from Denver and a vast majority of the population of Denver doesn't live within the city limit. It's not a unique case either.
It does make LA huge, but LA is huge. Lots of people live in the smaller cites around LA but work in the city, so I do think suburbs like Santa Clara, Pasadena, and Long Beach should count towards the total population. The logic of dismissing satellite towns would mean you couldn't count the Vegas strip as Vegas because it's not in the city limit.

>caring about the Suns and Cards over the D-Backs
horrible bait, phoenix is a baseball first city the same way anaheim and san diego are.

wow saying it's expensive to live where I live sure dismissed my argument about phoenix having a smaller population than the bay area
you should be a professional debater

Anyone who counts by metropolitan numbers is an absolute fucking cuck lol
>people dont want to live in my shit city but they live near it in nice suburbs so that counts
Lol

Anahiem is just east la and this is first and foremost a basketball town

t. irrelevant flyover who wants to be higher on the population list to feel more important

You missed where is said ouch. As in ouch you sure got me

And again, you are going to live in a shitty 500 sq foot apartment for the rest of your life.

Every state has its faults. I would not live in the crowded Bay Area or loss Angeles county.

SD county is quite nice.

are you really gonna argue that the bay area is less populated than phoenix because you have to count san jose, san francisco, and oakland seperately
the desert heat must be really getting to your brain, user

Who the fuck drives through zona

texans on the way to vegas

>this cringey seething Memeiors bandwagoner ITT

Stay in your god damn state.

I'm not a texanon, dumfuck
and Vegas doesn't just come to you

Wherever the fuck you are keep your dumbass there

Ay carnal you like tecate ese i'll invite you over to my seciton 8 housing for some good shit ay ese

Umm sweetie, there is no MLS team.

MLS no es parte de las 4 grandes ligas

Pero Phoenix Rising es de segunda división

god you're fucking stupid as shit, seriously, here's a pic of LA, show us where LA ends and the burbs begin, oh wait you fucking can't, do you understand how metro population works now?

Attached: los-angeles-area-satellite-map.jpg (1575x1330, 707K)

no one seriously counts MLS as one of the "big four"

>MLS
might as well complain about the lack of a NLL team lmao

>they pretend NHL matters
Get real crackas, MLS is going to overtake the NHL within a decade.

>irrelevant league overtakes irrelevant league
who fucking cares anyway

>they pretend NHL matters
it sure doesn't in arizona, that's for sure

I'm pretty sure we might as well cancel the NBA and just start a 4 team basketball league at this point.
Every town is either a Lakers or Warriors town, unless you're east of the Mississippi then you're either a Knicks or Celtics town.

I'm going to phoenix now just to spite you :^)

For me, it's Westwood.

It’s like a cancer