/cbb/ TICKETS PUNCHED EDITION

Ja shows up to the big dance fashionably early. Who will join him?

Today:
Big South Championship
>Gardner-Webb@Radford 1 PM ESPN
Missouri Valley Championship
>Northern Iowa vs Bradley 2:05 PM CBS
Atlantic Sun Championship
>Liberty@Lipscomb 3 PM ESPN

CAA QF@North Charleston SC
>Now: James Madison vs Hofstra
>Delaware vs William & Mary 2:30 PM
>UNCW vs Northeastern 6 PM
>Drexel vs Charleston 8:30 PM
Patriot League Semis
>Now: Navy@Colgate
>Lehigh@Bucknell 2 PM
Socon Semis@Asheville NC
>ETSU vs Wofford 4 PM
>Furman vs UNCG 6:30 PM
MAAC Semis@Albany NY
>Iona@Siena 6 PM
>Monmouth vs Canisius 8:30 PM
Summit League QF@Sioux Falls SD
>Oral Roberts vs NDSU 7 PM
>South Dakota vs IPFW 9:30 PM

other shit you should be ashamed for watching:
now: #12 Houston@#20 Cincy
later: #21 Wisconsin@OSU

Attached: ja.webm (720x720, 547K)

Radford and Gardner-Webb tipping off. Radford gets to host the Big South title game as a 2 seed for the second year in a row. Vid related was last year's ending.

Attached: 1520404607050.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

mvc championship is on, if you care

another god damn busted thread

Hello anons. It's my first year watching the NCAAB and I have a question. If Blackshear is VA Tech's best player then why is he not an NBA prospect but Alexander-Walker is? I'm assuming this isn't the only case where the best player isn't a prospect but someone else on his team is so I'm just trying to understand why this happens?

Being a good collegiate player doesn't necessarily translate into having the skillset needed to play professionally.

So it's potential they're looking at then? I guess that makes sense that a 6'5 guard would be a better NBA fit than a 6'10 forward. Is that all they're looking at though or are there other factors in play? Because AW seems to be projected at 15-17 but BS isn't even projected to go in the 2nd round.

The NBA largely drafts on potential, yes. Size is an important factor as well because the NBA is fucking huge compared to the majority of CBB. Look at draft boards for the last decade or so and you'll see younger players dominate them; the NBA wants youth so the teams can maximize development in their own system/as a full-time job. A young phenom 18 year old with ridiculous metrics will always be valued over a 23 year old senior who had a stellar college career (if he was that great he wouldn't still be in college).

If anything I'd say Robinson is the best player on VT, but Alexander-Walker fits the NBA mold better. He's athletic, younger, can make tough shots, better defender. imo he's a little small for the NBA, but who knows maybe he'll grow an inch or two. Blackshear just looks kind of awkward out there even though he's effective.

I see. Thanks a lot for the explanation anons. I'm still confused about Zion though. I've only seen 2 games of his so far and he got his eye poked on one of em so it's more like 1 and a half game but he seems to be too small to be an NBA PF. He also seems really heavy though he is very athletic. I guess I need to see more games since admittedly I've only seen a small sample.

bubble shrinkage if Wofford can't take care of ETenn st

I love March madness. We already have reports of 5 white guys saying their white girlfriends cheated on them with some big black cocks from the basketball team

Offer your firstborn to the drank and your descendants may be blessed with great fortune

Attached: fan.webm (1130x632, 762K)

Idc what you faggots say Cal is winning the Pac 12 tournament and getting into the dance.. We have so much momentum going in

>worst coast basketball
who gives a fuck lmao

Just easing our way through to the Sweet 16

Attached: 482168-boston-terrier-wallpaper-2048x1536-lockscreen.jpg (2048x1536, 628K)

God is taking Liberty to the championship to prove evangelical Christianity is the one true religion

Wisconsin blew a 23 pt lead

God ain't touching evangelicals with a 50 foot pole these days.

Furman about to be bounced by UNC-Greensboro. Does that shrink the bubble?

Weakens the case for 2 bid SOCON, but now 3 bid SOCON isn't entirely off the table.

Name one good team they've beaten

Won @Carolina last year

guess we're doing daily /cbb/ threads.

i'm okay with this.

That's neat. So they beat a team that probably won't even make the NIT, so how are they going to fare against a 10 seed in the tourney?

UNC was a 2 seed last year

You're talking about UNC? They LOST against them last year.

They lost against them this year. They beat them last year.

I didn't know 2017 was last year. Last season is the term you're looking for. And using that kind of logic is pretty terrible, when we're talking about a different team THIS season.

It's not a different team though. It's the same exact guys only 15 months older.

Again, name one good team they've beaten this season, not last season or the season before. You look at a team like Wichita State last year, they returned everyone on their roster too, ranked #3 in the country based on that fact, and ended the season with a first round exit.

at UConn, we already had a case of some white dude getting cucked and his white girlfriend getting fucked by one of our forwards.

can't imagine how stretched she is from that huge BBC.

That Wichita State team had good wins though. Way better wins than the Marshall team they played. Doesn't that mean they should have won?

Definitely not. And they were arguably worse than the year before, even though they returned all of their players. Case in point, it's pretty stupid to base this year's Wofford team on last year's, considering they were in the CBI last year so the UNC argument is irrelevant.

This thread is a fucking diaper.

what are the qualifications to get into the NIT? Because I'm pretty sure that, barring something incredible, we aren't going dancing anytime soon
:(

Attached: niu-huskies.png (1200x630, 24K)

Win over UB might get you in

We beat buffalo earlier this season, it was unironically the only cbb game i've seen all season

Be the best team in your conference that didn't make the Tourney.

Who /TexasTech/ here?

damn nice season, has to be best in school history right?

Odds that the committee cheekily pairs up Iowa and Iowa State in an 8-9?

Beard is worth his weight in gold, hopefully they can make the elite 8 again

yeah, I don't want to be a downer, but that guy has to be up for a big job soon right?

Here

Attached: 2A799C1C-4EF1-430D-B919-D0B81706FC42.jpg (1024x576, 170K)

BASTE TACO TECH