Ski Jumping – Holmenkollen

The first round just started. Quite a lottery nearing the end of the trial round today, but Johansson was the best, followed by Forfang, Kraft and Stoch. Ryoyu only under 100m.

Thoughts, predictions? Can Kamil win after yesterday?

Attached: kamil sochi.jpg (850x592, 92K)

Expected a bit more from Markeng, the takeoff technique is just lacking here.

Damn, why can't Insam ever get consistent. He has so great potential...

And Boyd-Clowes... If there ever was a late jump, this was it

Just unbelievable jumping from Pedersen! Really consistent and clean technique. Can't wait to see him on other hills and see if he can repeat these feats.

yes yes i am here now.
Weather looks nice. Much bigger crowd, too. Never was that full when i was there.

So how important do you consider Raw Air as a tournament?

Boyd-Clowes also had really shitty wind.

can't believe Hlava actually showed a decent jump

Olympics>World Championships>4 Hills>Sky Flying World Championships>World Cup>Sky Flying World Cup>Raw Air>Willingen 5>Continental Cup>Alpine Cup>Amatuer Cup>Junior Cup>Planica7

Don't think its a bad tournament, it just needs time to gain some prestige.

Great!

I generally do not like it that much, too much reliance on Vikersund where last year the top jumpers got over 40% of their points. The tournament's great for the audience, but I dunno, I do not rate it that much.

That being said, Trondheim and Lillehammer are very comfy hills and I always like the jumps there. Vikersund can also be fun. Oslo? Meh, not really my hill – though the old Holmenkollen was absolutely fantastic and grueling.

Also, great jumping by Prevc, a clean and more aggressive technique.

Not enough monnies to hire Kojonkoski

Why do you rate the world cup so low? Just curious, I'd rate it easily the most important trophy of all.

Also, Leyhe not competing today, apparently his ankle is pretty swollen and he still feels battered, even though apparently he did not suffer any concussion, broken bones, torn ligaments etc.

World Cup > 4 Hills > Olympics > World Championship > Raw Air and Ski Flying World Cup > Willingen 5

Also what even is Planica7?

Shame, Leyhe was probably germanys best this weekend.

A tournament launched last year, seven jumps total in one weekend in Planica (quali, individual, team, individual). Kamil won last year.

>Why do you rate the world cup so low?
Feels like in the past few years the world cup was decided long before the final race (exception being that Freund-Prevc battle).

I cheer for mustache.

Personally I like it. Endurance meets ski jumping. Most important post 2000 tournament

Aschenwald is legit

How was Aschenwald jump only 17.5/18? Small mistake after the landing but otherwise very close to 100% clean.

That is true, mainly goes to show in my opinion that each year there has been a clear best of the best of that year.

I am really enjoying these jumps by Aschenwald – I feel he has the technique and consistency required to become a real top jumper in a couple of years. I already felt it in the summer when he dominated the Continental Cup, but now he has been able to replicate it in the world cup, and on an even better level. Will win a competition next year.

Hayböck really regressed in these last few jumps in Holmenkollen: great at the beginning on friday, and becoming more mediocre by every jump. Feels bad for him

Japan looking strong

Awesome jump from Sato, also crazy potential with a really unorthodox technique. Could well start winning competitions in the upcoming years.

Domen finally got lucky with the wind

Woah, best jump from Huber in a long time. Really huge volatility in his jumps at the moment, but this one was great!

yes! good jump by Koudelka

>gate down before the germans

hmmmmm

Bichi and Geiger and Peier with pretty similar jumps here, remarkable.

Absolutely amazing jumping by Johansson in that wind. I don't think anybody can win him today.

great jump in shit wind, Johansson is in top form here

I really wasnt expecting Johannson of all people to suddenly dominate in this late part of the season

Kraft!

Wow, what a jump by Kraft. This is what we could've seen from Johansson with similar wind. An amazing jump!

Strangely similar mistake from Kamil as yesterday... Reminiscent of Maciek, actually, with him twisting in the air a bit in the early phase. Really unfortunate! Let's hope he can change it for the better in Lillehammer and Trondheim.

3 Czech jumpers on points, that's incredible

What are the standings after the first round? I missed it.

1. Kraft 2. Johansson 3. Huber 4. Ryoyu 5. Kamil

Much better from Hayböck...

It's great seeing how much joy Peier gets from jumping. A good guy no doubt

Man the storm here is getting worse.
Seems i am right in the center of it, news reports of dislodged trees and stuff are like 20 km away from me.... and there are two massive trees right in front of my window....
Pray for me please.

Sames here.

29th and 30th place for Hlava and Polášek, just as expected
but getting into the 2nd round is an achievement itself

That looked really nice for Bichi. Good wind.

Stay safe friends.

Geiger just can't find his form here, very odd. The technique looks odd and quite fragile

Just so unremarkable from Dawid, the wind was also bad but the jump even more so. Holmenkollen is truly the new Ruka for Poles, lol.

another great jump by Koudelka! i really hope he fixed his mistakes and will keep jumping like this all the time now

Looks to be so! He is so happy, very nice to see him smile like that again.

Prevc seems to be getting back into it again

Man, Peter could show up an even better one than Aschenwald. Fantastic! That technique's moving in the right direction.

Kamil can't seem to get too motivated right now when it doesn't go so well. I hope he can show better form in a couple of days... It would be really important for him to get good accomplishments so that he can motivate himself to train hard for another year. Must be getting a bit hard with him getting older and everybody always expecting greatness!

Peter Prevc with a podium!

Schlierenzauer is about to retire, finally.

Neat podium with Johansson and Prevc back.
Robert deserves the win of course.

Based.

Congratulations to both Johansson winning and Ryoyu cinching the Crystall Ball! Both very deserved.

deserved win for Johansson, good to see Prevc back on the podium again and Koudelka in the top 10
Ryoyu confirmed World Cup winner

Certain someone says hello. Pic very related

Attached: he is back.jpg (1024x683, 193K)

Let us hope so! He has been sorely missed. Competition in the world cup is always nice

Speaking of sorely missed. When are you coming back?