Why can't Americans compete at the highest level on the international sporting scene...

Why can't Americans compete at the highest level on the international sporting scene?Basketball is the only sport of any international relevance where Americans are competitive.

Here are some cold hard statistics for reference.

Football: 30th
Hockey: 25th
Tennis: Top ranked player is 9th
Cricket: Embarrassingly unranked in the world's second biggest sport
F1: Not a single driver has made it onto the roster.
Chess: None in the top 20 unless you count imports.
Rugby:15th

Quite astounding really. How can such a huge nation bad in all relevant sports?

>inb4 we don't care about international sport

Pretty convenient attitude for minnows to hold I guess.

Attached: The absolute city of murrica.jpg (1000x667, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue
espn.com/olympics/summer/2016/m
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Hockey_Federation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Ice_Hockey_Federation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>cricket
>the world’s second biggest sport
kek

Good one, Chang.

You mean Pajeet.

>Hockey: 25th

Where did you get this bad number?

The US always got past groups.

Wow this is pretty embarrassing

>apehoop
>relevance
Id rather watch a seppo take a dump after inhaling 8 burgers and a bottle of tequila.

The superb owl and world series of baseball are the pinnacle of global sport.

we're 30th in the world at soccer? that's pretty impressive

He's probably talking about field hockey a.k.a women's hockey.

>biggest sports
>relevant sports
hmm... seems like you're unaware that an Americans opinion carries more weight than that of someone from any other country (as do his legs lol)

Also,
>F1
Every time.
Forgot snooker and darts m8

>Hockey 25th
We placed third at the world juniors and we have players like Patrick Kane, Phil Kessel, Auston Matthews, and Jack Eichel. Do you even watch hockey or do did you just pull that number out of your ass?

>Football
Cant argue with you there, but better days are ahead
>Hockey
Unless youre talking about field hockey, we’re definitely better than most. Just not scandinavia/russia/canada great
>tennis
Gay sport
>cricket
No one outside of commonwealths give a flying fuck about cricket
>f1
Mario andretti
>chess
Lmao
>rugby
Eh, ill give you that one

>rugby
>Eh, ill give you that one
NFL is the most elite level of handegg competition

Ice hockey is to hockey as Table tennis is to Tennis.

Ice hockey is about as relevant on the world scene as Air hockey.

And field hockey is relevant in exactly what countries?

It's literally the reverse. Field hockey is a goofy-looking chick sport.

If the NHL allowed the US team to select their players, you would be top for sure.

The longest running annual international sporting event is USA v Canada cricket match. Surely some care their

>getting trolled by /cric/
shiggy diggy

Be prepared to be out-autismed here user. I have been spending the last few weeks compiling a spreadsheet of world rankings in every internationally relevant sport.

>This is what Americans actually believe.

Absolute minnow mentality

>Be shit at a sport
>Haha "w-w-well we are good at the sport if its being contested on ice!"

it's also objectively the larger and more relevant sport

>discounting cricket because muh commonwealth
>accepting rugby despite being the commonwealth (but with 3/4 of the commonwealth not giving a shit) + france

are americans dare I say it simply corn syrup addled lardarses that can't compete in a sporting context?
why is the americanoid so pathetic at sport compared to the European or Antipodean?

More than 3 billion people follow teams that competed in the Hockey world cup.

Hockey: On Ice™ is followed by less than a billion people.

It is the cognitive demands of sports like cricket and F1 that are too great for Americans who lack concentration and mental fortitude.

>counting the irrelevant countries
G8 + China, don't consider the rest.

this troll thread is too obvious, 1/10 I expected more from australia

*mogs you*

Attached: file.png (435x696, 391K)

DESIGNATED

>Cricket is World's 2nd most favourite sport
>Rating shit hockey only popular in the Netherlands (too stoned to maintain balance) and BanglaPakiHundustan (their semi-evolved brains make them fear the ice, their monkey tail can get sliced by the skates if not too careful) who can't or won't skate.

You're either a sick cunt trolling Yanks after the end of a sunday night out, or a Pajeet who uses his turban to wipe his ass after Rhogan Josh/ Pudee Aloo diarrhea. BUD BUD DING DING!

puzzling post

Real hockey has a legit continuoud world championship and significant coverage, astro-turf hockey is the lightweight substitute, played with a fucking tennis ball or whatever.
By your logic, shitting in the street is better because 4 billion people do it in India/Pakistan/Africa/rural China.

Winter sports are not sports. If they are we have to consider absolutely irrelevant countries like Finland and Norway titans of sports which is absurd.

Winter sports are cute curiosities but you can't expect them to be taken seriously

>southern hemisphere country talking about relevance

They are good at certain sports. India has a mostly arid climate, they excel at cricket. Nordics have snow and mountains, they are got at sports. There isn't much crossover. Nobody in Europe (except the Uk) or the Americas or East Asia or most of Africa (Sa/Zimbabwe) even knows what cricket is, but that doesn't mean cricket isn't a sport, just one with a very esoteric international scene.
>Mandeep Patel has never seen snow therefore the winter olympics are not a thing.
You guys have the Himalayaas, no excuse to not being bad at skiing or slalom, even the Jamaicans participated at bobsleigh at the 1990 olympics and they have neither snow nor mountains lmao.

Nah gay cunt. Ice hockey is like if you decided to play basketball on grass and called it the default. Fuck off you Americanised prat

It's always a cringe to hear cricket in these listings. Apparently forgetting Ice Hockey completely.
Also, where does Australia rank in football? Aussies are just mini America, with their own sports that are irrelevant outside like league and Aussie rules.

We typically break semi-finals in Water Polo

We've got Nascar so we don't care about F1.

By numbers its barely behind soccer lol

Ice Hockey
>50+ member states
>Annual International World Championship, every olympics
>Constant TV coverage
>Club competitions are big, KHL in Europe, NHL in Murica
>Nordic, Germanic and Slav demi-gods that know how to scate, insane speed of projectiles, fights

Field Hockey
>30-odd member states
>Random world cup times cos of erratic organisation, stopped for a period of 60 years in the olympics due to lack of interest
>can't find live event stream if your life depended on it
>Clubs? Lmao
>Smelly Pakis chasing a tennis ball with sticks, on an astro-turf.
>In countries with ice sport infrastructure it's reserved for the physically handicapped people who can not skate.

Using a toilet is also a relatively new invention, it took shitting on the street and added finesse and culture to it, it's a similie to how field hockey turned to proper hockey.

because north americans don't like real competition, they prefer staying in their local sports league where they can win all the titles and call it "world series".

>Why can't Americans compete at sports they don't compete at?

200 IQ posting right there.

Attached: eddie.jpg (514x778, 40K)

not every country has 8 months of ice and blizzards user

>Using my based thread to prop up your own shit thread.

A bit rude to be honest desu

Actually we do, we just have so much more money that we can have our own leagues. It's not even close:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue

how good are spain at criicket?
I'd think they share that dry arid country thing with aus and india

no the same guy but I have no idea about cricket but we are european vice-champions of europe in baseball with a team of 22 venezuelan refugees.

>vice
who's 1st?

commonwealth is pretty big mate lol
doesn't it cover 1/4 of the globe?

Most of what you've listed are not even sports.

netherlands

Field hockey:
>genuine and respected sport, played across Europe and the world, strong in schools
Ice hockey:
>icepadcrash, literally legal to beat the shit out an an opponent mid-match

They only love domestic games because non-American teams can't win lol

Why are the dutch so good at sports?
they seem to have a strong presence everywhere.

dunno but at least >we made the world cup last time lol

which country has the highest aggregate score across all sports?

the US is by far the most successful tennis nation ever. dominated the sport until the 2000s

the entire world is our playground

olympics

Don’t forget that we’re terrible at geography, cause I don’t even know what shithole backwater your retarded flag is supposed to represent

>inb4 we don't care about international sport
It's the truth, though. We have alternatives to nearly every sport you mentioned. Ice Hockey > Field Hockey (this is strictly a female sport here). Gridiron Football > Rugby. NASCAR > F1. Baseball > Cricket (this is completely off the radar here, whereas the other sports are at least played by a few men or girls).

Tennis is the only disappointment in the bunch for me. The rest? Meh.

>If the NHL allowed the US team to select their players, you would be top for sure.
The last Olympics were messed up with the banning of NHL players, but when there's no player restrictions, it's Canada and then everyone else.

Basketball isn't a sport, none of those are sports. American football is the only sport left, every other has been sissified.

back at it, I see
could you bother to list real sports next time to be less embarrassing? Fucking *field hockey* are you fucking serious? That's a woman's sport in the US by the way, might as well ask how we rank in netball you drunken bogan

The women's soccer team seems to be doing alright. Maybe that doesn't count?

Even for Americans it doesn't count for much, which is why the women's team is having to sue for better pay. The only time I watch our female national teams are during the Olympics or World Championships.

>literally legal to beat the shit out an an opponent mid-match
and here's why that's a bad thing

>Why can't Americans compete at the highest level on the international sporting scene?

2/10 b8 thread but you got me to respond

Attached: michael-phelps-olympics-sports-illustrated-cover-story.jpg (1300x724, 113K)

Anything outside the USA is irrelevant and doesn't matter

Show me, I live for these charts.

or he should ask where you rank in baseball seeing as its derived from a schoolgirl's sport in England

>Acting like fighting somehow is a negative

>F1
who even cares about this shit

>basketball
Nobody can compete with the US to the point we literally banned pros from competing in the Olympics and when we did allow them back it was a joke.
>you mean soccer?
We play football. Nobody on the world stage can compete
>hockey
You mean field hockey. Yeah we only let girls play that because we have lacrosse for men. A game that the natives here played. It is actually pretty bad ass.
>Tennis
9th isn't really an insult.
>cricket
We have baseball. Again nobody on the world stage can compete with us in baseball.
>F1
We have our own racing that developed from our history. Disrespect it all you want but numbers talk. NASCAR is huge.
>chess
Ok.
>Rugby
We play it at the college level. All the good athletes play American football. That's where the fame and fortune is.
Seems to me we absolutely dominate in sports. We just don't play all the same sports. America is a big place.

Let's do boxing and international MMA champions.

Attached: 579a449588e4a7f4328bb48d-750-563.png (750x563, 120K)

Americans are really really dumb m8 look at the subhuman retard they actually elected.

I have never met a person in my life that plays cricket. I wouldn’t even know where to look for that shit. Rugby is just now getting a following, and hockey is a very regional sport and expensive for most Americans to get into. Hockey isn’t offered in my part of the country. It’s really only played in about 10 states.

kek, look at that list and you'll be less impressed. By the time you get to 30 you've gone past the scrubs, you're dealing with dregs.

>the US has won twice as many gold medals as Australia's entire medal count combined
whoa... really makes you think

Womens football world ranking #1

Attached: WWC15_1232-copy-2-e1436152676545.jpg (4600x2514, 2.13M)

Rugby in the US will be interesting in 10 years when the people who can't or don't want to make it in the NFL (braind death lol) can earn a living.

>Chess
What about caruana

Football: We're #1 at football
Hockey: #1 at hockey, it's called the NHL
Tennis: all the GOATs are American
Cricket: embarrassing sport for impoverished indians, no one cares
F1: what the fuck is this?
Chess: none in the top 20 unless you count the ones in the top 20, nice assessment
Rugby: we play the improved version of rugby, and we're world #1

OP status: BTFO

I didn't make a shit post about Australia because I always forget it exists lmao

He's from New Zealand mate

Those are women's sports

All of their elite athletes go to NFL, bball, baseball and Olympic sports because that's were the money, fame and coaching expertise are traditionally.

Field hockey is a women's sport. Like soccer.

The NHL has bigger revenue than any fucking rugby or cricket leagues. You think billions of third worlders with no plumbing that can't read are equal to rich white people. They aren't.

Some believe that it doesn't exist

this
we've asked for proofs but where are they

:/

Their accent is suspiciously similar to certain southern english accents.

>Football: 30th
Wrong
>Hockey: 25th
Wrong
>Tennis: Top ranked player is 9th
No one gives a fuck about tennis
>Cricket: Embarrassingly unranked in the world's second biggest sport
No one gives a fuck about cricket, dont be silly
>F1: Not a single driver has made it onto the roster.
No one gives a fuck about f1
>Chess: None in the top 20 unless you count imports.
Not a sport, no one gives a fuck about it, and Nakamura and wesley So are both American consistently ranked in the top 5
>Rugby:15th
Joke sport.

The fact is, America does not give a fuck about your 3rd world "sports" and never will. They are a joke. If Americans gave a fuck about it, we would dominate it.

Oh and I'll just leave this here
espn.com/olympics/summer/2016/m

Woke
Joke

Lool at the stupid yanks still replying

Because we don’t care about your sports. Why are you so obsessed with us is the better questions? I mean it makes traveling more fun since foreign girls can’t resist BAC, but the fact that the men are equally, if not more obsessed, is weird

MLR started last year and is on the up and up, rugby is getting really big out west.

Call us when you can exit something without ass fucking yourself and it all up redcoat.

:/

Attached: dude wut.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Because everyone who plays Tennis and Soccer here are the wealthy, our best athletes play American Football, Basketball and Baseball.
>Hockey
We're 4th in Hockey, only behind Canada, Sweden and Russia. Its really only popular in Northeastern states.
>Cricket
Not a sport here
>F1
NASCAR is more popular. Both F1 and NASCAR are non-sports anyways
>Chess
Alright, I get it this post is bait
>Rugby
Our own code of Rugby called American Football is popular, and more popular than either Rugby Union or League

I bet you FBS football and NCAA Basketball makes more revenue than a lot of these soccer leagues

>cricket

baseball says hi and please come join us in the 21st century

>hockey

they'll never be better than canuckistan but 30th is a number you pulled out your ass

povertyball is only legitimate gripe, idk, this country's kids just don't care much for it (basketball and concussioncrash being the choice for young urban poorfags)

>Hockey: #1 at hockey, it's called the NHL
>Tennis: all the GOATs are American
Come on man. We have the best league, but Canada still owns us at hockey. As for tennis, our best years are behind us, and there's three players in the game today who aren't American that are in the GOAT conversation.

t. deluded retard

>Lose match
"W-w-we d-dont linked that sport!"
>Lose match
"W-w-we would win if we were allowed to wear our large catching mitts or our padded body armour or if the game was played on ice"

As predicted by OP

Lol who cares

No it isn't. Top 10 is respectable. Top 5 good.

Baseball and hockey are also intentional sports you fucking dumbass.

>Scott speed

We dominate the only sports that matter

>Football: 1
>Basketball: 1
>Baseball: 1

Attached: k2g4s0gx2any.jpg (720x901, 120K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Hockey_Federation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Ice_Hockey_Federation

That's all the proof that's needed

> Hockey Canada and USA Hockey federations have their own rulebooks, while non-North American federations usually follow the IIHF rules.
The Hooverville of Ice Hockey

NHL rules are superior to IIHF rules in every way

Even in their own sports, they've got to be the special child with their own rules

"wah stop doing things differently from us"

no one cares about those sports, even the fans don't care about them.

cope more mohammad

what am i coping with exactly?

Are you still butthurt over the Olympic results? It's only every other year, user.

This isn't even counting the shitty Olympics that we still do really well at.

Holy shit, a smart person.

Friendly reminder, if a sport involves frozen water it's a meme.

Those sports are terrible but they could be fixed.

>American "football"
The medieval re-enactor thing has to stop. Wearing all that "protective" gear only pleases a small set of fetishists and the helmets definitely increase the risk of concussions.

>Basketball
Needs to be played on grass as a full-contact sport. Fucking man up and tackle each other. And the coaches need to be able to talk to their players after every play so it can be a properly tactical sport.

>Baseball
Again, full contact would make this an objectively superior sport. Stop fucking around with this playground "tag your man with the ball" and just hack him down.

NFL and basketball can't. Fat people running at each other/pituatory freaks engaged in endless repetition can't be entertaining.
Baseball is a top sport and fine as it is. That's why it has authentic culture.

its so booooooooooooring

sometimes. when it's exciting it's great. football's often boring too.

Top 4 is good. Everything after 4th is irrelevant.

he isn't wrong

4 months, tablecloth

Attached: 1542667223459.png (1080x1725, 1.26M)

A friendly reminder to you, my English friend, is that you probably shouldn't celebrate too early. We wouldn't want a repeat of events, would we?

Attached: croyper.png (1790x873, 590K)

what's going on with australia lately? i've been noticing a lot more seething from them towards amerigods. i thought they worshiped us?

They lost all freedom and then realized they still lived on an island that was so shit the Brittish chucked there ancestors on it as a punishment. Then we show up and vacation there and fuck their woman while they have mini man fights.

Football 25th
Basketball 1st
Baseball 2nd

FTFYm8

t.nigger
t. husband of nigger's gf

>why cant the country with the most olympic medals compete internationally?
Really activates my almond

Americans don't care about other sports. They really don't, at all.

>hurr Canada lapdog

I'm just telling you how it is.

It's almost as if we have a sports culture, the britbongs have a sports culture, and everyone else is a bandwagon faggot.

They're pissed off about the trade war with China and you don't care which is frustrating for them because they've had your backs since WWII. It doesn't matter, they'll get over it.

do americans really think this

I can't tell if they're being ironically retarded sometimes so I just assume that they voted for the president they got and leave it at that.

lads you need to compare the two because North America took the sport and elevated it, international rules is fucking stupid and might as well be that dumb Scandinavian sport I'm going to google right now, fucking Bandy

Well India loves Cricket and there are over a billion people there so I buy it. Not even including Pakistan and other former British colonies

Bullshit, even "exciting" baseball sucks. I watched what I'm told was one of the most exciting playoff runs in the sports history and was bored to tears. Even more suspect is that it was my home town making that run to win the World Series and I just didn't give a shit. It sucks.

Ice Hockey was invented by Irishmen in Canada adapting hurling to play on ice.

>USSR vs USA/(and honorary americans, ie. leafs)
>literally the only two relevant cold war countries faced off against each other
>not globally relevant.

>Why can't Americans compete at the highest level on the international sporting scene?
We win Gold Medal all the time, nothing else matters you beta cuck kangaroo humping alcoholic criminal.

Attached: chill-eagle.gif (640x480, 169K)

america has won stan lee's cup for a quarter of a century straight

>Baseball
2nd
>Volleyball
3rd
>Curling
3rd

Based America

Yes, because the Poo in Loo's outnumber normal people

Dutch are good at baseball because it is played in their Caribbean colonies of Aruba and Curacao, and sometimes those islanders move to the Netherlands or play for their national baseball team. It's not native European Dutch people on the team.

>Baseball
>2nd
Wtf delet this immediately

>Swim

Attached: 1549328401436.png (1228x1150, 191K)

>ah yes, I prefer it when the game is decided entirely by refs, often against the players opinions
>surely we musn't let the players be able to settle their own scores against the other team if they feel they need to.

Why does nobody ever mention volleyball? An actual international sport that USA does actually play.

>ahem

Attached: 20190309_125121.jpg (687x846, 264K)

Checked

Attached: 20190309_124933.jpg (1280x479, 345K)

because yuros are stupid.

>Amatuer sports