Sumo thread?

Sumo thread?

Haru Basho 2019 has started, Juryo about to start.

Attached: VerifiableIdleFossa(1).webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AbEhLmq_J8A
youtube.com/watch?v=3-P9r6gPtgo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIi4xA8RyV0
youtu.be/NZ_JsEc1H_s
youtube.com/watch?v=e7pUNWv54G4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for me, its Akebono

Attached: 9173309_g.jpg (760x427, 73K)

fucking rekt

Toyonoshima schools le salt thrower man

Attached: toyonoshima_terutsuyoshi.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Attached: shohozan_ikioi.webm (1280x720, 2.4M)

Attached: tochiozan_shodai.webm (1280x720, 2.6M)

Attached: nishikigi_tamawashi.webm (1280x720, 2.55M)

Attached: takakeisho_myogiryu.webm (1280x720, 2.37M)

Attached: tochinoshin_daieisho.webm (1280x720, 2.28M)

Attached: takayasu_kaisei.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

Attached: mitakeumi_kakuryu.webm (1280x720, 2.64M)

Attached: hakuho_hokutofuji.webm (1280x720, 2.39M)

that fucking hakuho fix. didn't even try to make it look legit.

kek

How in the world can I watch this live?

This

Someone streams it on twitch. Can't remember the name of the channel though. I'll find it later
But it is on early in the morning euro time

Embarrasing for the fat kid. Shoulda thrown that twink to the tables

mbovosumo on twitch or just search sumo live on youtube
alternatively you can watch directly on abematv website you'll need japanese vpn though

come to japan!

There's a Georgian named D I who streams everyday including the lower divisions.

Best match today was Enho's.
Also good thing both Filipinos won their match, will watch tomorrow for the third flip's first match.

based bananas the yokozuna slayer. 4 for 4 now

Kakyru should just retire

Attached: Chadkuho_0.jpg (1609x2000, 2.12M)

Is tochinoshin back for this one or is his leg still fucked?

Still fucked. But he needs 8 wins.

You need to figure out how to get NHK coverage from your cable provider, you should be able to in spain

His win didn't look very strong, I'm nervous for his health

I want to be in the thread but I don't want to start watching until we're five days in please help

Did Ishiura gain some weight?
Still secretly rooting for him

mitakeumi4zuna

Takakeisho will BTFO everyone and become the next yokozuna, the current Ozeki are too injured and all of them are aging. Plus he's just more of a powerhouse than Mitakeumi

This. He's gonna make an ass of himself for half the basho and then pull out.

Tochinoshin needs to retire an Ozeki or he'll become the next Kotoshogiku

nonce

Is landwhalecircle entertaining ?

>american hot takes

I remember Asashoryu and Musashimaru
What happened to them ?

Asashoryu got in a bad bar fight and got forced to retire, musashimsru got old and retired

Post the most anime-esque sumo match you know

>unironically thinking Americans can't have an opinion on a foreign sport

we'll see after this tourni I guess. if its not goin well then maybe just hang it up while still ozeki

takayasu isn't too old yet is he?

He's not TOO old, and he's the closest to being a Yokozuna for sure, but he just can't seem to pull a yusho. He's got a great tachiai but that's about all he's got going for him

Takakeisho is a beast. It's a shame he's so short.

>hakuhowinslol
did hattorizakura win his first fight yet?

nevermind, got my answer with the webm

>mattaiura

>Kisenosato became Yokozuna
>More time being injured than competing
>Loses a lot
>Forced to retire
>No more pressure to win because muh Yokozuna
>Becomes fit after a few months
>Schools Takayasu every day

Yokozuna was a mistake

He only sucked after he got rekt by Harumafuji, if that wouldn't have happened he would have at least been a decent yokozuna, instead of spending every basho he was even capable of attending looking like he was on the verge of tears the whole time

youtube.com/watch?v=AbEhLmq_J8A

His height won't matter if he focuses on increasing his leg strength and tightening up his belt game. He's young and insanely strong, he'll be a yokozuna in time

youtube.com/watch?v=3-P9r6gPtgo

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIi4xA8RyV0

also terunofuji is back at jonidan 48. he won, but boy he looks terrible little muscle all but more fat thanhe used to have. Lets hope he continues to get better.

Pretty glad Yea Forums accepted you guys. Sorry you had to be chased out by mandramafags at Yea Forums.

lardshove is NOT a sport

For me, its Kotooshu

Attached: kaloian-mahlianov_resized.jpg (353x600, 38K)

>400 year old Japanese wrestling tradition
>HUURRR LARDSHOVE NOT SPORT

If you're gonna b8 at least try

lol Mita gets slapped the fuck up and still wins

I just mean he could be even better with a few more inches. I expect him to be Yokozuna.

why aren't americans champions at this sport yet?

There have been 2 American yokozuna, Akebono and Musashimaru, and ozeki Konishiki. However they were all Polynesian, so they were only technically American really

Well yea, if he was just 6ft he would be unstoppable

well unlike the poster blow you, this is a real sport.
I only recently got into it myself and I'm glad to see Yea Forums talk about it as well

thought it was more of a cultural ceremonial thing than a sport

It's a combination of both, always has been. Pretty much everything in an actual sumo tournament has some form of ceremonial meaning tied with traditional Shinto, but they still fight for real. Or they're supposed to at least.

after the last max fixing debacle haven't they made sure to really crack down on it?
especially with more people being able to watch in good quality, and everyone's voices being heard on the fucking internet.

it's like how some asshole in his boxers at home is watching a golf tournament, and notices a player commit a foul that everyone else missed. so he calls the fuckin PGA offices and tells them and it grinds a halt to the game, and they enact a penalty.
everybody can see if you are taking a dive and they will call you out on it, so don't dive.

They have introduced several safeguards against match fixing since 2011, however the efficiency of said safeguards is questionable, since they were determined by a small committee, like most things in sumo

The earliest forms of what's now sumo started as shinto ritual. Basically some guy got it into their head that the gods would be more likely to give their blessings if the people could prove the worthiness of their spirits, so they set up a contest where warriors could fight each other to do so, in a way that wasn't lethal. Since the gods would obviously be able to tell if they were faking it, the bouts became legitimate competition. They then became an easy form of dick-wagging between shogun to see who had the strongest warriors, and since they were organized by shinto shrines they were theoretically a pure neutral site, and many sumo customs focus on ritual purification. As Japan became more involved with foreign nations, shinto customs in general, sumo included, became a way of establishing a national Japanese identity, which allowed them to continue into World War II. And since sumo focuses on pushing and throwing, it was considered acceptable to continue by the American post-war occupiers. And so sumo continues as a centuries-old combination of Shinto ritual and legitimate competition.

>show up your rival at the regional Shinto Sumo Ceremony/Ritual
>a week later after the mandated peace has expired, he burns down your prefecture
sore losers.

>match fixing
I didn't think the Jews were in Japan?

Don't need Jews when you have yakuza.

Where the fuck are the live streams??

youtu.be/NZ_JsEc1H_s

Day 2 streaming now

knock that shit off please, racism is against global rule 3

nhk live free stream.

the usual twitch stream ain't up and I hate it

It's a religion, not a race, you bigoted piece of trash. Go cry on /rreddddit/.

Fuck you
Fuck mods
Fuck niggers
Fuck jews

Manlet rage owned that fat bastard.

>buying ringside seats to a Sumo match
Nope.
I agree with this esteemed gentleman, and so do Sumo wrestlers.

Is juryo live now? Or is it still makushita?

The American era already came and went, it's Mongolia time now m8

Uh...looks like n00bs still, dude.

Based
Redpilled
Uhhh

Did Kotokuzan win today? The results page isn't updating on Makushita.

Attached: 11809.jpg (448x298, 66K)

Dunno, dude. Haven't seen anyone that looks like him go yet.

Makushita just got updated and he lost.

Too bad, since today it's Takayasu vs Mitakeumi, another Flip's going to get an L.

Good win for Enho.

>enho beating a wrestler who is 6 inches taller and 160 pounds heavier
so this is the true power of manlets?

SUKI SUKI

is it Ichinojo's time to shine?

Future Yokozuna

Flipbowl coming up

I hope so.

Which one are you rooting for?

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1920x1080, 1.58M)

nice bout

Attached: mpv-shot0003.jpg (1920x1080, 1.33M)

Either one is fine but I believe Mita has more potential while Taka has better practice partners especially Araiso.

Could he fix Tochinoshin?

Attached: larry david.jpg (600x400, 37K)

The only thing that can fix Tochinoshin at this point is his stablemaster not being a fucking retard and letting him drop to sekiwake because he has a better chance of getting 10 wins next tournament if he had skipped this tournament to fully heal, than if he were to go 7-8 this tournament.

>jobber does a false-start against Goeido
>Goeido gets mad and blows him the fuck out
I swear this happens at least once per tournament and it's hilarious every time.

it's not his fault filthy koreans of osaka loyalty wouldn't stop screeching at the top their lungs in disrespect of nippon

you will cry when goedo in fear of kadoban begins to henka the world on day 9

You can tell he's really fucking frustrated with his own body, his face after his match today said it all.

lol it's funny because it's true

Goeido totally did that matta on purpose to throw off his opponent desu, he does it a lot

fuck goeido

I feel Hokutofuji was being excessively cocky before the tachiai though, and earned Goeido's trickery

>I know it's not December 7th, but I'm going to make my own personal Pearl Harbor and drop bombs in the dohyo the likes of which haven't been seen since NAGASAKI! HAKUHO...I'm gonna' slap you so hard it'll knock the yellow right off ya'! Then I'm gonna' send you back to Mongolia where you belong. TOCHINOSHIN...you gotta' leg that needs going to the doctor, and I'm going to send you there to work on it. Ain't no question about it!!

Day 2 matches:
youtube.com/watch?v=e7pUNWv54G4

Attached: The Big Cat.jpg (379x276, 18K)

Do sumos shave their arses or do japs just not have hairy arses?

That flag contributing absolutely nothing to the thread except garbage...imagine that.

>says a yank
Answer my question you fat fuck

Longest match right here.

Attached: Mar Tourney.png (1565x627, 1.42M)

your sadly not wrong